2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm going to go do a little bit of housework real quick. Me leaving my computer should get the ball rolling on this.

Baez to PO "I'd like a cup of coffee, sugar and cream please..."

Is there a reason why Judge Perry asked Casey if she was going to Plea?

A formality. It is to have it on record how the defendant responded. That way defendant cannot later say "I was never asked about a plea and would have taken one if I was told I could."

why is dt standing???
Because they can. It's the only motion BP didn't deny. :)
Besides, it's the closest KC will ever get to a reception line so she's going to greet jurors is my guess, and smile sweetly then shudder and drop into her seat in a big dramatic gesture of angst. She's been working on it for weeks.

Believe I read on twitter thread that a total of 130 jurors....

They are being brought in by groups, and according to juror numbers....

Also, apparently deputies had to bring in extra chairs?

I heard that as well..

OSCaseyAnthony1 min agovia TweetDeck
And in case you're wondering, no sign of Casey's parents in Pinellas court this morning.

http://yfrog.com/user/OSCaseyAnthony/profile

CFNews13Casey17 mins agovia Twitter for iPad
George and Cindy are NOT here. Cindy told reporter Jacqueline Fell it would be too hard. #CaseyAnthony

http://yfrog.com/user/CFNews13Casey/profile

Well yeah, so hard. It's just not fair all these non-10's, beneath us people judging our daughter! It's just too much! WAH WAH GA and CA. Sheesh.

TY! I get what you're saying (IS just said most jurors appear to be "Caucasian" for what it's worth) but I still don't get how an elderly person is truly a 'peer' of someone in their 'early 20's'.

Casey is no longer in her "early 20's." She is officially in her "mid-20's." I get what you are saying though. I feel as long as you can get 12 jurors and 8 alternates who can listen to this trial and be fair... it doesn't matter age or race, etc... That's like saying someone who is overweight and because Casey is skinny... they are not her peer?

Normal court procedure before choosing a jury...

ok, so this is just to make sure a defendant did not want to change their stance from "I'm not pleading guilty to anything to I plead guilty".

So pretty much if Casey did plead guilty when Judge Perry asked her, this case would not be going to trial anymore right?

I bet George and Cindy were asked not to come because of their lack of proper court decorum...their head shaking, gum smacking, unkempt appearance and grimacing faces would probably have a bad effect on the potential jury...JMO

Just a tip...

I use the K-Meleon browser during these court sessions. It is a an extremely fast, customizable, lightweight web browser.

With K-Meleon you can go into Tools/Privacy and BLOCK Pop-ups, Advertisements, Image Aninmation and Flash plus it is not any where near processor hungury as Internet Explorer. Once you select those options it runs super fast without bogging things down.

Only bad thing is I haven't figured out how to do spell check on it.

You can download the browser from here:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/download.php

I think getting all these people into the room is going to take a while! Than it will be lunch time....

ICA looks like she can't believe this is really happening.She's finally realizing that her parents can't make all of this just go away and she's up the creek without a paddle.

Former Scott Peterson juror is being interviewed on In Sessions now.

This is the first day I've seen so many smiles from LDB. All the best for Caylee's prosecution team. :rocker:

Frank George is swiveling, Jeff Ashton is rocking and Linda Drane Burdick is sitting still, wonder what that tells us about each of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77