GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY?? This poor baby put in a dark box and just left to die(Iguess)...I feel everyone was involed in this including the parents.

Morning folks,

I am a newbie, please bare with me, hopefully I got this right ;)

Does anyone know if the Police Report is available and out on Shannon's case?

Am curious to see who actually called and who was on the scene at time of report.
TIA

I wanted to feel sorry for the mom, because she was brainwashed into giving her baby to SB, but I cant. When I saw the moms eyes, all I saw was evil. She is not an innocent victim. If the LE can get her life in prison, then she wont have to be bothered with the baby.

I dont know how, but I think it might be reveling if we would trace SB back as far as possible. Do we know the area she grew up in? I can check in classmates.com someone might remember her.

Morning folks,

I am a newbie, please bare with me, hopefully I got this right ;)

Does anyone know if the Police Report is available and out on Shannon's case?

Am curious to see who actually called and who was on the scene at time of report.
TIA

I don't know if it's online yet but;

:Welcome-12-june:

This reminds me of a similar case in England last year, with an older child, the mother conspired with a relative to fake an abduction, they were after the substantial reward money... they are both in jail now and the child is in care.

Chipley is 70 miles from where I live. I thought we were closer but apparently not according to google maps. Anyway we had a good article in our local paper about this today and I thought it was quite revealing.

"Missing baby case brings up unsolved case"
November 14, 2009 8:29 PM
Andrew Gant
Florida Freedom Newspapers

Hundreds of miles and 22 years of mystery separate baby Shannon Dedrick and toddler Paul Baker.

Susan Baker will always tie them together.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/baker-22637-baby-shannon.html

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=12217213

BEAUFORT, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina investigators say an arrest in a Florida missing child case has yielded no new evidence in the 23-year-old case of a missing Beaufort boy.

Thanks for sharing this.... I have the feeling these LEOs would like nothing more than to see her indicted for Paul's death....

Baby Shannon trials planned for July

May 03, 2010 07:38:00 PM

Both women accused in last year’s disappearance of 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick will face trial in July, a prosecutor said Monday. Susan Baker and Crystina Mercer each had pretrial hearings Monday in Chipley, according to Washington County court records. Prosecutor Greg Wilson said the court set another pretrial hearing for July 9, and the trial will follow soon after.

Baker faces up to 35 years in prison if convicted. She was charged with child abuse, giving false information to law enforcement and interfering with child custody in November, after a Washington County sheriff’s deputy found the baby hidden in a wooden box under a bed in her home.
Searchers had been looking for the baby for several days after Mercer reported her missing Halloween night.

Mercer was charged with giving false information and making a false 911 call, but Wilson has said he isn’t sure if she secretly gave up her baby as charged, or if Baker kidnapped the child.
http://www.newsherald.com/news/trials-83547-accused-women.html

Washington County Court has reset the case against Susan Baker for Sept 10 at 8:30. It will be quote"We have gone back to the pretrial again"

Did everyone see that sheriff get choked up and stop before saying that she was in that box for 12 hours!

Heartbreaking!

She is so cute.....

I haven't heard anything recently on this case. I do hope that they don't get off with a slap on the wrist. Susan Baker needs to come clean about Paul Baker's disappearance too. I wonder where Shannon is today.

I did get the following on FB tonight from the Bay County (FL) Sheriff:

Congratulations to the 14th Circuit Child Abduction Response Team's(CART) recognition today as the State Task Force of the year in assistance to the Washington County Sheriffs Office in the recovery of Baby Shannon Dedrick in November 2009. Representatives from all of the involved agencies received the award at the Capital today at the Missing Childrens Day Ceremony. Units from the Bay County Sheriff's Office recognized at this event were the Criminal Investigations Division, BCSO Search and Rescue and the BCSO Mounted Posse... Great Job by all involved..

Posted: 4:33 PM Sep 13, 2010
Local team wins Law Enforcement Task Force of the Year award

Governor Charlie Crist joined Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Commissioner Gerald Bailey in honoring members of the Washington County Sheriff’s office for their role in the search and recovery of baby Shannon Dedrick.

Tallahassee - Governor Charlie Crist joined Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Commissioner Gerald Bailey in honoring members of the Washington County Sheriff’s office for their role in the search and recovery of baby Shannon Dedrick.

(snipped: more at this link http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/102810424.html)

“This year’s award winners worked both behind the scenes and on the front lines,” said Commissioner Bailey. “They are educators, policy makers, law enforcement officers or everyday Floridians. These men and women are making a difference in the lives of children across our state.”
Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock was on hand to accept the award presented to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office as part of the Law Enforcement Task Force/Team of the Year. The 14th Judicial Circuit Child Abduction Response Team (CART) was made up of several agencies that together worked to bring about the safe recovery of kidnapped 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick.

“We are honored to have been selected for this prestigious award and I humbly accept it on behalf of an incredible team of people who were essential to this search and recovery effort” said Sheriff Haddock. “This was an enormous effort by search and rescue personnel from Liberty, Gulf and Bay County Sheriff’s Offices; K-9 teams from Klass Kids, Florida State Hospital, Gulf Correctional, and Southwest TANSAR; law enforcement personnel from Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, FBI, Team ADAM (an extension of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), Office of the State Attorney (14th Judicial Circuit), Bay, Calhoun, Jackson, Gulf, and Holmes County Sheriff’s Offices, Chipley and Graceville Police Departments, Florida Department of Corrections, and Bay County Mounted Posse. These are the people that made the recovery of this child possible and the reason I can stand and accept this award today.”

Baby Shannon was found by law enforcement officers in a wooden trunk under the bed in a neighbor’s home.

Here's a few things I just found:

CHIPLEY, Fla. -- Attorneys in the Baby Shannon case will be back in court Monday morning to wade through several motions, including a change of venue request.

On Friday, a pre-trial hearing for Tina Mercer, the mother of Shannon Dedrick, was set for Nov. 15 in Washington County Circuit Court. Authorities said Mercer is suspected of making a false 911 call that allowed her daughter to be kidnapped by her aunt and baby-sitter Susan Baker, who also is charged in the case.

Before that hearing, however, the judge will have to rule on the defense motions, including a request for a change of venue and sequestering of the jury. Defense attorneys have said they do not believe Mercer and Baker can receive fair trials in Washington County.

Other motions to be addressed Monday include a request for suppression of evidence and another regarding the jury questionnaire, to help weed out jurors who have been exposed to the media coverage in the case, which made national headlines last year.

Read more: http://www.islandpacket.com/2010/09/11/1368745/baby-shannon-case-to-return-to.html#ixzz0zTC5LvgY

=======================================

:waitasec: Mercer told a psychologist during the search she had a dream the night Shannon disappeared that a “black figure came in her house” and stole her baby, according to a state Department of Law Enforcement report in evidence at recent court hearings.

Baker told investigators she took Shannon from Mercer in a late-night exchange at the end of a road, and she only placed her in the wooden chest at home when someone came close enough to discover her.

Read more: http://www.panamacity.com/news/shannon-86857-newsherald-baby-case.html

Recap - Asst States Atty Greg Wilson is investigating a theory apart from the one law enforcement presented. Maybe Baker didn’t arrange a swap for the baby as charged; maybe she just stole her.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5603250&postcount=405

If this is true, why is Tina Mercer still in Co jail? It appears her current charge is a misdemeanor, filing a false 911 report...

What Wilson is suggesting, is exactly what Tina's mom and cousin had been saying all along...

And I dont plan to miss it. its only jury selection, but I want to see what all the characters look like.

CHIPLEY — Susan Baker testified Thursday she knew she was going to prison for leaving Shannon Dedrick in a wooden box. On Friday, the jury confirmed it.

It took a Washington County jury less than two hours to find Baker guilty of putting baby Shannon in a box and lying to law enforcement about it during the largest search operation in the history of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office. The case made national headlines, and days after she disappeared, Shannon was found with an overflowing diaper and a bad rash but was otherwise unharmed.

Judge Allen Register ordered Baker jailed without bond until she is sentenced for aggravated child abuse, interference with custody and giving false information to law enforcement. Register set a tentative date of Nov. 8 for a sentencing hearing.

(snip)

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/co...ml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member