Region: BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
Geographic coordinates: 32.093N, 115.249W
Magnitude: 6.9 Ml
Depth: 32 km
Universal Time (UTC): 4 Apr 2010 22:40:39
Time near the Epicenter: 4 Apr 2010 15:40:39
Local standard time in your area: 4 Apr 2010 22:40:39

Location with respect to nearby cities:
26 km (16 miles) SSW (211 degrees) of Guadalupe Victoria, Baja California, Mexico
61 km (38 miles) SW (227 degrees) of San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora, Mexico
64 km (40 miles) SW (225 degrees) of San Luis, AZ
173 km (108 miles) ESE (106 degrees) of Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

ADDITIONAL EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS

This is a computer-generated message and has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.
For subsequent updates, maps, and technical information, see:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/ci14607652.php
or
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

CISN Southern California Management Center Caltech Seismological Laboratory U.S. Geological Survey

http://www.cisn.org/scmc.html
DISCLAIMER: https://sslearthquake.usgs.gov/ens/help.html?page=help#disclaimer

You requested mail for events within the 'California - Southern' region for M4.0 at all times.

Was it strong in san Diego county? I don't get too excited about earthquakes but that one had me off the chair.

First there were a couple of big "bumps", then smaller ones, and everything started rattling-- about 20 seconds worth.

My son was online gaming, and after the shaking here stopped, one of the players in Santa Monica felt it.

First there were a couple of big "bumps", then smaller ones, and everything started rattling-- about 20 seconds worth.

My son was online gaming, and after the shaking here stopped, one of the players in Santa Monica felt it.
One of my boys is in West Hollywood and he said his whole building was shaking.
My Escondido son felt it and the other boys all felt it here locally.

Looks like all of california is shaking a little.

MAP 1.0 2010/04/04 23:11:59 38.836 -122.856 1.5 6 km ( 4 mi) NW of The Geysers, CA
MAP 2.3 2010/04/04 23:10:55 38.814 -122.641 1.4 6 km ( 4 mi) NE of Anderson Springs, CA
MAP 1.1 2010/04/04 23:10:32 38.836 -122.858 1.2 6 km ( 4 mi) NW of The Geysers, CA
MAP 4.5 2010/04/04 23:09:49 32.440 -115.958 2.0 29 km ( 18 mi) SE of Jacumba Hot Springs, CA
MAP 1.0 2010/04/04 22:59:24 37.624 -119.043 3.6 6 km ( 4 mi) WSW of Mammoth Lakes, CA

More in Cali

MAP 3.8 2010/04/04 23:19:20 32.751 -116.333 0.1 20 km ( 12 mi) NW of Jacumba Hot Springs, CA
MAP 5.1 2010/04/04 23:15:20 32.839 -115.585 16.9 1 km ( 1 mi) WSW of Imperial, CA

Published: April 4, 2010
Updated: 4:03 p.m.
6.9 earthquake near San Diego shakes O.C.

By GARY ROBBINS and SONYA SMITH
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.9 erupted just south of the U.S-Mexico border at 3:40 p.m., shaking most of Southern California, including Orange County.
The quake was felt as a long, slow roller in Orange County, and occurred in an area that has had several smaller earthquakes in recent days.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/orange-242541-earthquake-county.html

JBean did you feel that 5.1?
nope not at all.

I felt a few small jolts shortly after but nothing noteworthy. This one was a long jerky bump and then a lot of rolling.

Please note that here at WS we reported it a good 15 minutes before the media LOL.
we are on it.

They just showed pool water lapping out from the quake on CNN.......We already knew that. LOL LOL

I hope everyone is safe. :praying:
I left California after about 2 years because of an earthquake. I was so scared.
thanks JBEan I instantly got on the phone and called my friends in LA. everyone was fine thank God.

Felt it very strongly in City of San Diego. No damage that I can tell, and I live on a main street. My friend's parents live in El Centro, and they had breakage and the water sloshed out of their in-ground pool and flooded the yard. Another friend was driving in Palm Desert and said that she her car was moving side-to-side. It was definitely a big roller.

Felt it very strongly in City of San Diego. No damage that I can tell, and I live on a main street. My friend's parents live in El Centro, and they had breakage and the water sloshed out of their in-ground pool and flooded the yard. Another friend was driving in Palm Desert and said that she her car was moving side-to-side. It was definitely a big roller.
Oh you know I have never felt one in a car and have missed quite a few because I was driving. So if the car was a rockin and a rollin you know it was a doozy.

The shaking was among the hardest in longest felt in Southern California in years, and did everything from make water slosh in pools in Anaheim to jiggle chandeliers at homes on the Newport Coast to shake the biomed library at UCLA. The quake was felt in such distant spots as Las Vegas and Phoenix. The quake also rattled windows in San Diego high rise buildings.

All rides have been shut down at Disneyland for inspection, says KABC/Channel 7. Park employees are investigating whether people have been trapped on rides." Initial reports that people have been trapped in elevators at Disneyland apparently are not true.
No damage yet found by or reported to the Laguna Beach Police Department or Metro Net, which handles calls for Orange, Anaheim, Fullerton, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Garden Grove and Fountain Valley

http://www.ocregister.com/news/orange-242541-earthquake-county.html

My brother just called and he missed the whole thing because he was driving LOL.

My girlfriend in BH in LA Cal. said her house was like a boat rocking from side to side. but nothing at all broke.
But her husband was in the whirlpool and felt nothing at all.
He missed the entire thing.
Marina Del Ray too was rocking back and forth.

I wonder if anyone heard form anyone in Arizona?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back