TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
what???????? It is what it is, a lie. I'm not going to make it jump through hoops and run around in circles to become the truth....it was misleading information at a crucial time.

exactly!

HPD has said the mother basically intentionally misrepresented where he was because she was embarrassed he was home alone. (And I don't think she should've been. Plenty of 12 year olds stay home alone for small stretches of time.)

I don't think it was where he was but that the sitter was not there.

If your child is at the home where YOU live, you are going to say the child was at home, not the babysitters and then "Oh yeah, well, we live with the baby sitter".

Also from the same link:

Police questioned Jonathan's mother and stepfather, Angela and David Davis, overnight Monday and spent hours sorting through conflicting statements from family members, neighbors and friends to establish a timeline for Jonathan's disappearance on Christmas Eve, investigators said

LE lingo for lies............lol.
tehcloser,
Thanks for posting those examples with the links. :seeya:

Not privy to any other information at all. Just connecting thoughts and kind of theorizing, based on human behavior and addicts' behavior. I hope this makes sense:

Most of us would assume that if he was at a babysitter's house, that a) this would be different than his home, b) he wouldn't live at the babysitter's house, c) if he was at the babysitter's house, there would actually be a babysitter there, watching him. So AD said he was at the babysitter's house, which was the truth, and let everyone assume that someone was watching him. She didn't actually lie, IMO.

It's also typical addict/dependant behavior to make statements that one knows others will fill in the blanks on, and then be innocent of misleading folks. AD, in her mind, could be upset and indignant that LE did not jump on things soon enough, because it wasn't her fault that LE jumped to conclusions and then thought she was telling lies. That's all my supposition, of course.
well then she lied when she said she made it up.... whoa really

:waitasec:

Some thoughts going through my mind about this potential timeline on Friday. Assuming that JF's demise occured sometime on Friday, when did LE say the video shows the SD's vehicle at the dump site near Hardy Toll Road?

Was there a kidnapping first and then something happened to the child later on that weekend or Monday? Being that it was a holiday weekend I can understand why the burned body was found after Sunday when this alloy place was closed but how could it have not been found on Monday as opposed to Tuesday morning? Is it possible the placement in the culvert occurred Monday night?

Also, Friday night was a night of showers and thunderstorms across N Houston, so it would seem unlikely that the culvert incident would have occurred that night since it was surely half full of water most of the night.

Because as Christmas fell on a weekend, and Christmas eve already took up Friday, likely the company took Monday off as their official "Christmas" holiday.

And I'm not sure that we had that much water up there to fill the ditch - however, if we did, maybe that's why it was partially in the culvert itself. I'm still thinking that they took him on Friday, but didn't immediately kill him. All this is guessing; I'm assuming all the talk about cars-on-tape means they have the woman in the car at the body, thus they can put a timestamp on the dump date - at least a better one if the video isn't the actual dumping.

HPD has confirmed that she called them at 3:30 PM on Christmas Eve. JF was put into the missing person system at 9:30 PM.
Thank You! This is the first time I have heard that. I'm really thinking Angela was not involved but may feel responsible in some way. Whether by the company she kept or just the fact that she left him alone. I know I was left alone at 12.

Apparently the mom has been living for three weeks with the babysitter, owner of that duplex? When Mom stated that Jonathan went home for a video game at about 1.30. , he went to their previous home, the one where the stepdad was still living at. The mom is obviously upset and I can see why she would have called that home (her previous home). Jonathan probably still had some stuff there. Did Jonathan disappear from his stepdad apartment? That is the way I understand it so far.
Based on that scenario, the mom really did not lie, just was not explicit enough to the police and/or the media hosed it up.

This makes sense!

I still am tending to think that the lie was fed to the mom by the step dad.

perhaps she initially left him home alone... gets the strange calls... comes home to hear the fabricated video story from step dad.

Step dad=deep water right now imhoo

O/T, but if any of you get the opportunity to re watch the show from Jane tonight, OMG it was great! Sad but great, many heartbroken parents using their own tragedies for a better good to teach children defense against predators.

So far tonight, NG is about the man who killed is wife during "sex game"

Apparently the mom has been living for three weeks with the babysitter, owner of that duplex? When Mom stated that Jonathan went home for a video game at about 1.30. , he went to their previous home, the one where the stepdad was still living at. The mom is obviously upset and I can see why she would have called that home (her previous home). Jonathan probably still had some stuff there. Did Jonathan disappear from his stepdad apartment? That is the way I understand it so far.
Based on that scenario, the mom really did not lie, just was not explicit enough to the police and/or the media hosed it up.
:rocker: I think you may have nailed it!

If your child is at the home where YOU live, you are going to say the child was at home, not the babysitters and then "Oh yeah, well, we live with the baby sitter".

Assuming you are not dealing with drug use, mental illness, being a social outcast, prior run-ins with the law, guilt, or some other form of impairment.... People cover up through omission all the time. AD and DD remind me of parents that I have worked with as a teacher. Trying to get to the bottom of why a kid is absent can take a lot of sleuthing with some parents... Just my opinion, based on experience.

So mom had a roommate, who was also the babysitter but the mom lied about the babysitter being there but the babysitter had a friend who has been arrested? Is that right? And the SD didn't live with the mom?

Does it even make any sense?

Thank You! This is the first time I have heard that. I'm really thinking Angela was not involved but may feel responsible in some way. Whether by the company she kept or just the fact that she left him alone. I know I was left alone at 12.
I read somewhere today that she said she did blame herself for leaving him alone. Most sixth graders (11/12) that I know are left alone or in charge of younger siblings for small stretches of time. (Not all day but certainly for an hour or two.)

Assuming you are not dealing with drug use, mental illness, being a social outcast, prior run-ins with the law, guilt, or some other form of impairment.... People cover up through omission all the time. AD and DD remind me of parents that I have worked with as a teacher. Trying to get to the bottom of why a kid is absent can take a lot of sleuthing with some parents... Just my opinion, based on experience.

A lie by omission is still a lie and still an inconsistency for HPD to deal with.

I read somewhere today that she said she did blame herself for leaving him alone. Most sixth graders (11/12) that I know are left alone or in charge of younger siblings for small stretches of time. (Not all day but certainly for an hour or two.)

She parented him for a grand total of what? six weeks? what would she know about 11/12 year olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater