Cassidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZlawyer

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
<snipping and quoting myself :) >

Baez's Appearance as Counsel:
After reading Rhornsby's blog entry on the subject, I have to agree there is something fishy about Casey's story of getting a referral from a random stranger at the jail. But there are so many other possibilities that it's hard to conclude that Casey had him lined up as her lawyer ahead of time. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the As who hired him, though, as they seemed genuinely confused and annoyed about how he turned up on the scene.

So...to follow up on Baez's quick appearance on the scene.

Casey started contacting someone named "Cassidy" with a NY phone number on 7/15/08 (the day CA caught up with her), and one of the LE reports stated that "Cassidy"'s phone # also showed up as having been called by a defendant in a drug case (IIRC). At some point, LE released a "subject spreadsheet" that ID'd many of the people on Casey's phone list. "Cassidy" was ID'd on that spreadsheet as Ro**** Cassidy, who was noted by LE to be Tony Lazarro's father.

So mystery solved, right? But still, in the back of my mind, I wondered why she all of a sudden felt the need to call Tony's father on 7/15/08, and why Tony's father's number came up in a criminal investigation. I also thought it was kind of wierd that LE mentioned they had taken the time to explain things to Tony's dad (who had accompanied him to the interview) before interviewing Tony.

So today, I noticed in Tony's interview, he said he was from New Jersey, not New York, and just on a whim decided to look up attorneys in New Jersey...and lo and behold there's a NJ attorney with the same name as Tony's dad. Which would explain Casey calling him on 7/15, when she must at the very least have thought that she was about to get caught re: Amy's checks, and maybe was also worried about the car being found. It would also explain his number coming up as having been called by another criminal defendant, and LE being somewhat deferential toward him. It would also explain the lack of further mention of him or his phone number in later discovery.

And maybe Mr. Cassidy made a couple of phone calls to Florida criminal lawyers on Casey's behalf? Being from out of state, he couldn't have been expected to know which ones were any good. ;) Maybe he just went down the list alphabetically and only got as far as "B"... :angel:

AZ Lawyer - can you show me the interview where it says TL is from NJ? I have a friend who went to HS with him in Long Island and from what I understood he grew up there his whole life. Also, where is the sheet that IDs Mr. Cassidy as TL's father? For some reason I always thought his dad shared the last name as him..

AZ Lawyer - can you show me the interview where it says TL is from NJ? I have a friend who went to HS with him in Long Island and from what I understood he grew up there his whole life. Also, where is the sheet that IDs Mr. Cassidy as TL's father? For some reason I always thought his dad shared the last name as him..

You're right--sorry--I had Tony and the detective's statements mixed up, because Tony was questioning the detective about where he was from:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Lazzaro,%20Anthony0728.pdf

Q I’m from New Jersey. I don’t know anything about New York.
A What part of Jersey?
Q East Orange.
A East Orange. All I know is Trenton, Newark the meadowlands.
Q Close to Newark.
A Newark.

So, if Tony's family is from Long Island, could his dad still work as a lawyer in New Jersey? Not sure how the transportation system works there.

The LE "subject spreadsheet" has lots of full names, etc. so I don't think I should attach the original spreadsheet. It was released with the phone records. The headings on the spreadsheet are:

Last Name; First Name; Middle Name; Race; Sex; DOB; SSN; Place of Birth per DL; Address; Phone Info; Listed in Casey's Address Book as; Notes

The line for R Cassidy says (stars are my redactions):

Cassidy; Ro****; [no entries for middle name, race, sex, DOB]; [SSN entered as all XXXXXX's, perhaps for release to media?]; [no entry for birthplace]; ["NY" entered as address]; 631-***-0891; Cassidy; Tony L******'s Father

You're right--sorry--I had Tony and the detective's statements mixed up, because Tony was questioning the detective about where he was from:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Lazzaro,%20Anthony0728.pdf

Q I’m from New Jersey. I don’t know anything about New York.
A What part of Jersey?
Q East Orange.
A East Orange. All I know is Trenton, Newark the meadowlands.
Q Close to Newark.
A Newark.

So, if Tony's family is from Long Island, could his dad still work as a lawyer in New Jersey? Not sure how the transportation system works there.

The LE "subject spreadsheet" has lots of full names, etc. so I don't think I should attach the original spreadsheet. It was released with the phone records. The headings on the spreadsheet are:

Last Name; First Name; Middle Name; Race; Sex; DOB; SSN; Place of Birth per DL; Address; Phone Info; Listed in Casey's Address Book as; Notes

The line for R Cassidy says (stars are my redactions):

Cassidy; Ro****; [no entries for middle name, race, sex, DOB]; [SSN entered as all XXXXXX's, perhaps for release to media?]; [no entry for birthplace]; ["NY" entered as address]; 631-***-0891; Cassidy; Tony L******'s Father
Yes, it is possible for him to commute...though not exacly close by...he would travel by car.

Yes, it is possible for him to commute...though not exacly close by...he would travel by car.

Thanks. There's actually a NY lawyer with the same name as well, but he was only admitted in 2006, so unless he came from another state I doubt he's old enough to be TL's father.

Soo I did some looking/asking around...R. Cassidy is the father of a friend of Tony's from LI and also Full Sail. This friend (name starts with S) was also friends with all of Tony's roommates and most likely KC as well (which would explain why he's in her phone book--it's likely it was his son's number and his name is listed as the phone subscriber). I have nooo idea why it would list this person as Tony's father on the subject spreadsheet when in reality it is his friend's father. Also, this man is not an attorney. Very confused!

Soo I did some looking/asking around...R. Cassidy is the father of a friend of Tony's from LI and also Full Sail. This friend (name starts with S) was also friends with all of Tony's roommates and most likely KC as well (which would explain why he's in her phone book--it's likely it was his son's number and his name is listed as the phone subscriber). I have nooo idea why it would list this person as Tony's father on the subject spreadsheet when in reality it is his friend's father. Also, this man is not an attorney. Very confused!

Very odd. So the question then is, why was she calling this person only on the day she got "caught"? But that's not a question for this thread really. :)

Very odd. So the question then is, why was she calling this person only on the day she got "caught"? But that's not a question for this thread really. :)
Perhaps to locate Tony?

So...to follow up on Baez's quick appearance on the scene.

Casey started contacting someone named "Cassidy" with a NY phone number on 7/15/08 (the day CA caught up with her), and one of the LE reports stated that "Cassidy"'s phone # also showed up as having been called by a defendant in a drug case (IIRC). At some point, LE released a "subject spreadsheet" that ID'd many of the people on Casey's phone list. "Cassidy" was ID'd on that spreadsheet as Ro**** Cassidy, who was noted by LE to be Tony Lazarro's father.

So mystery solved, right?

..i'm confused-------why then, in her 1st court appearance does she tell judge S that yes, she wants a public defender ?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-qSflO43c[/ame]

AZ...you do such stellar work! Thanks for taking the time to share it w/ all of us. :thumb:

The really odd thing about KC reaching out to Cassidy is that it starts with a text to him at 8:00 AM the morning of the 15th. This is before George and Cindy make the trip to the tow yard, and well before KC drives down to pick Amy up from the airport. In fact, it is about 5 1/2 hours before she cleans out Amy's account.

So was she really assuming this would be the day everything fell apart?

8:00:34 AM OUTGOING TEXT KC R Cassidy
KC leaves Tony's ~1:00 PM
1:02:57 PM OUTGOING CALL KC R Cassidy
1:15:38 PM INCOMING CALL R Cassidy KC 0 minutes
1:17:42 PM OUTGOING TEXT KC R Cassidy
1:20 PM - KC arrives at Bank of America and cashes a check for $250 made out to "Cash" on Amy's account.
1:20:45 PM INCOMING TEXT R Cassidy KC
1:21:59 PM OUTGOING TEXT KC R Cassidy
2:57:34 PM INCOMING CALL R Cassidy KC 3 minutes
3:30 PM - KC leaves OIA with Amy.
12:16:37 AM OUTGOING CALL KC R Cassidy 2 minutes

I find it odd that KC would be discussing an attorney reference at the very same time she is committing a crime.

Thanks Trixi. I found S. Cassidy on Facebook and he is friends with Tony, Nate, Cameron, Tony's sis, Jenna the Shot Girl, etc. I'm kind of thinking now that the phone number in question actually is his cell number, a number that is probably registered under his father's name as part of a family cell phone plan. Not unusual - one of my sons has been away at college for years halfway across the country, but he has a NY area code for his cell.

So the question as to why the sudden flurry of calls comes to mind, and I think I can toss a possibility out there. In short, I think KC had very recently met him, added him to her phone book, and was starting the process of hitting on him.

Do we know for sure it was kc who made the calls? Maybe it was TL or Clint? Maybe their phone was dead?

Thanks Trixi. I found S. Cassidy on Facebook and he is friends with Tony, Nate, Cameron, Tony's sis, Jenna the Shot Girl, etc. I'm kind of thinking now that the phone number in question actually is his cell number, a number that is probably registered under his father's name as part of a family cell phone plan. Not unusual - one of my sons has been away at college for years halfway across the country, but he has a NY area code for his cell.

So the question as to why the sudden flurry of calls comes to mind, and I think I can toss a possibility out there. In short, I think KC had very recently met him, added him to her phone book, and was starting the process of hitting on him.

BBM :clap:

If that number was associated with a previous DEA case....and KC was cashing a check???? Hmmmmmmmm

This is very interesting. I missed the fact of these calls starting so early on the morning of July 15th. Don't know what to think of this.

This is very interesting. I missed the fact of these calls starting so early on the morning of July 15th. Don't know what to think of this.

Why does this bring me right back to the trip to Puerto Rico? Were they all acting a mules??? Could TonE or his Dad have had anything to do with it??? Can we say Cartel...
Just thinkin' out loud:waitasec:

BBM :clap:

If that number was associated with a previous DEA case....and KC was cashing a check???? Hmmmmmmmm

Well, S. Cassidy could simply have been a friend of the person in the DEA case, and that case could be nothing more than possession of pot, or possibly selling pot. Doesn't really mean he himself is a suspicious character.

Why does this bring me right back to the trip to Puerto Rico? Were they all acting a mules??? Could TonE or his Dad have had anything to do with it??? Can we say Cartel...
Just thinkin' out loud:waitasec:
Cartel, huh? Nah...

ETA: JMHO oxoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads