Veggie Booty snack food recalled

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A popular snack food sold nationwide is being recalled because of concerns about contamination.

All lots and sizes of Veggie Booty Snack Food are being recalled, the company said, following a report of 51 cases of salmonella poisoning that may be associated with the product.

Georgine Hertzwig of Robert's American Gourmet in Sea Cliff, N.Y., said the company acted after the Food and Drug Administration contacted them about the illnesses in 17 states.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_he_me/veggie_booty_recall&printer=1

ap_small.gif

Oh no, more food recalls.. :( I buy their cheese snacks and I actually have a bag at home. I hope the cheese puffy things are not part of this recall.. :(

YIKES. Veggie Booty is my favorite. I have a bag too. Salmonella? It's an airy puffy thing with green brocoli and kale dust on it (I know doesn't sound good but it is). Why did I think salmonella had more to do with poultry, eggs etc?

We love the Tings and Pirate's Booty...haven't tried the Veggie Booty yet, thank goodness.

Scary when even the health food aisle is dangerous. :eek:

I don't think I've ever heard of Veggie Booty. I was hoping there might be a picture of the bag or something. I don't think they sell it where I live. Does it come from a specialty store or something?

I don't think I've ever heard of Veggie Booty. I was hoping there might be a picture of the bag or something. I don't think they sell it where I live. Does it come from a specialty store or something?

lizzybeth,
I never heard of it either,until I visited my son in California just last week. That was the only snack my son and DL would allow my one year old grandson to eat,and he loves it! As soon as I heard about it this morning,I made sure to call them.

Although I never heard of the product before,several people I talked to said it is apparently in the "healthy foods" aisle in the grocery stores.

Never heard of it before...funny name for a food.

I've been giggling all day at work because the AOL main page, which is our assigned "home" page, has had "BOOTY RECALL" as the headline. HEEHEEHEE!

I've been giggling all day at work because the AOL main page, which is our assigned "home" page, has had "BOOTY RECALL" as the headline. HEEHEEHEE!

LOL! I wonder if some folks enjoy these snacks during Booty Calls?

lizzybeth,
I never heard of it either,until I visited my son in California just last week. That was the only snack my son and DL would allow my one year old grandson to eat,and he loves it! As soon as I heard about it this morning,I made sure to call them.

Although I never heard of the product before,several people I talked to said it is apparently in the "healthy foods" aisle in the grocery stores.

So funny! We had never heard of it either until we were in CA last week also. (It was all I could do not to PM Nova!) My SIL had the Tings and Pirate's Booty at my nephew's 1yo birthday party. It is a little bit healthier version of Cheetos or Cheese Puffs, I suppose. They are really yummy. We didn't try the Veggie Booty.

I have been looking for the Tings, but so far no luck. Mom found the Pirate's Booty at Publix in the health food section.

Well......I'll just dig into my pork rinds and buffalo jerky. Can't trust those veggies, LOL.

PS. Never heard of them.....

Well......I'll just dig into my pork rinds and buffalo jerky. Can't trust those veggies, LOL.

PS. Never heard of them.....

LOL, as I'm stuffing peanuts into my mouth and eyeing my sons Twix bar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni