Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was a model prisoner ,so they say during the time she was incarcerated. Good behavior applies only to the time you are incarcerated and/or on probation. So anything she did before she was incarcerated or on probation are not relevant periods of time as it relates to good behavior.

Now, if she criminally lied to LE DURING her probation and was brought up on charges and convicted of them DURING her probation, she would certainly have had a gross probation violation and would have to serve additional time. but that is not what happened. KWIM?

yes but respectfully speaking, isnt smuggling letters( hello cookie?) against the rules, hence NOT good behavior? also ( someone?) smuggled her a rubber (caylee type cause) bracelet too?? that was "contraband" and that too( if im not mistaken) is not good behavior...i mean ive never been in jail or prision, but ive known enough people that say certain things are not allowed, including personal effects, even a rubber bracelet( no telling what that can be used for, harm to self, or craft into a weapon, they get very resourcefull in there w/ what little they have)
so to recap, if smuggling bracelets, ie contraband in to her, and getting the guards to bend the rules for her( letters, someone said let her out of cell to visit w/ ?cookie?iirc) thats model, good behavior? im confused..

I think that would be a DOC issue. It would be black and white. Either incarcerated probation time is calculated into time served or it isn't. I don't think Perry has a play here as it relates to probation running concurrently with a new sentence. He can run the new sentence concurrently or consecutively and he must give her credit for the time served as the DOC reports it to him. If DOC reports time served to include probation time (as they did) he can only go with it. Remember,Perry has no dog in this fight really.
JMHO of course.

Well Judge Perry set the lying sentence. Set it by a standard of Casey just being in jail. With no mention was made of any probation involved during her 3 year stay. Surely that gives Judge Perry a "dog" in this fight.:waitasec:

Probation for lying charges would just be a minor nuisance IMO for the convict. It will be a cake walk and not invasive like a drug conviction, sexual offender etc.
Just a lot of grandstanding on both sides. I almost just wish they would have left it alone.
Another waste of resources in an already downsized budget for the judicial system.

Off topic but regarding sexual offenders...Warren Jeffs, the FDLS leader is on trial. Prosecutors presented their last piece of evidence in his trial Wednesday - a chilling recording of him having sex with a 12 year old girl. The cult leader's voice can be clearly heard on the shocking recording, ordering the little girl to "take your clothes off," as she is heard crying. There were other women in the room holding the little girl down while he raped her. Any interest in following this trial? This case could break the cult wide open. Info from Radaronline.com

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/08/warren-jeffs-raping-12-year-old-tape-played-court

I think the Anthony circus is over now. There will be no justice for Caylee. Her memory is now just a means to make money and a path to her family to become celebrities in their own minds. It's sad and disgusting. Somehow along the way Caylee's suffering and death was lost.

IMO

MiraclesHappen just posted an important tidbit on the lawyers thread that I forgot about .

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28523075/detail.html

Basically the Jan 2010 thru July 2011 incarceration period post check fraud sentence , 19 mos, roughly 570 days translated into 1043 days credit in their magic calculations, towards the four years lying sentence which should not have run concurrent with the check fraud sentence but it certainly appears they did.. I guess they wanted to get rid of KC in the worst way.
Probation is just minor in this travesty of justice IMO..

IIRC if you are in solitary you get 2 days for every 1 day served in the calculations. ZThat was from during the sentencing, no idea how to find the quote tho

Baez pulled a fast one on those check charges. He delayed, delayed and delayed some more claiming he didn't have time to prepare the murder case if he had to defend her on fraud. If it was done at the beginning, this would never have occurred. Our judicial system is failing. The defense attorneys are running it. This fraud case was a simple case. She had to plead guilty...real simple. Baez won again on this one. She should have done her time in State Prison...but NOOOOOOOOO..Baez got her serving time in her comfy spot where she had the people wrapped.

The Anthony family gets rewarded and continues their assualt on the people of Florida....who provide them with security and luxuries...that few others could afford in their position.

I suggest that JVM, J. Cesearez and G. riveria quit this posturing and stop making Baez, mason and the Anthonys celebrities. Somehow TMZ got caught up in this and I haven't figured out why. Is is the young males on board? Levin should put a stop to it. We don't need to know about child killers on a celebrity gossip show.

Probation Officers have a ton of leaway. The monthly meetings, at their discretion, can be made in person (usually, if the person is able to, ie, isn't incarcerated, in person for the first 9 months is standard)or via mail, or phone.

yep, ton of leeway and no accountability like almost all the staff in DOC except for hourly staff.

IIRC if you are in solitary you get 2 days for every 1 day served in the calculations. ZThat was from during the sentencing, no idea how to find the quote tho

Most inmates love and most want to have a single cell. They don't have to share. They can't get written up for anything wrong and they get out in half the time. I think in Florida it is 1/3.

They play it up like she was suffering...NOT SO! She had a single cell and was protected. Single cells are a commodity.

I think that would be a DOC issue. It would be black and white. Either incarcerated probation time is calculated into time served or it isn't. I don't think Perry has a play here as it relates to probation running concurrently with a new sentence. He can run the new sentence concurrently or consecutively and he must give her credit for the time served as the DOC reports it to him. If DOC reports time served to include probation time (as they did) he can only go with it. Remember,Perry has no dog in this fight really.
JMHO of course.

The Judge decides/rules on the concurrent/consecutive thingy as far as I know. Not the DOC.

Off topic but regarding sexual offenders...Warren Jeffs, the FDLS leader is on trial. Prosecutors presented their last piece of evidence in his trial Wednesday - a chilling recording of him having sex with a 12 year old girl. The cult leader's voice can be clearly heard on the shocking recording, ordering the little girl to "take your clothes off," as she is heard crying. There were other women in the room holding the little girl down while he raped her. Any interest in following this trial? This case could break the cult wide open. Info from Radaronline.com

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/08/warren-jeffs-raping-12-year-old-tape-played-court

I think the Anthony circus is over now. There will be no justice for Caylee. Her memory is now just a means to make money and a path to her family to become celebrities in their own minds. It's sad and disgusting. Somehow along the way Caylee's suffering and death was lost.

IMO

The tragic part in that trial, is that specific evidence you mentioned .was suppressed for four years by different judges as being to prejudicial towards the defendant.
Sorry mods, back on topic again.

In addition, she got credit twice for the 412 days of time served on the check fraud. They counted those days towards her 4 year sentence on the lying convictions. HHJP said in the sentencing hearing they'd have to look into how much time had been served and used up on the prior charges but it looks to me like she got credit for those days twice. So, she got credit for the 412 days twice, and she got credit for one year of probation while also using that same year towards her 4 year sentence on her lying convictions. Sounds pretty light to me considering HHJP sentenced her to the maximum time permitted and yet she got so much time double credited.

BBM

Maybe it's wishful thinking however I internalized his statement meaning that they would NOT run concurrently! Why else would he have imposed the maximum sentence and make that statement? :waitasec:

The Judge decides/rules on the concurrent/consecutive thingy as far as I know. Not the DOC.

IF HHJP is the judge during Friday's hearing, FCA won't be on probation. He'll let her slide on by , forgery, stealing, imo killing her child.....doesn't matter. :mad::slap:

That is not what the memo from DOC states. Besides she was in protective custody which I though was different than solitary.

J. Cesearez back on HLN for NG..helping out Baez again. Wasn't JVM enough already?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Who in the world would think that probation is served in jail? It was an error and I bet they generated the paperwork w/o any kge of where the heck she was. Where did they send the letter? Did they send it to Hopespring? I want to see the entire letter.

Our Governement sent out a DL to one of the 19 terrorists on the plane on 9/11/01...six months after he was dead. This was a clerical error and baez is capitalizing on it and getting his mug back up on my screen..grrrrr.

According to Diane Dimond and JVM she has served her probation :(

What Judge Strickland verbally said was not in the paperwork that was filed and signed by all concerned.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches