General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013/06/oscar-pistorius-murder

''According to Botha, the bullets had struck her on the right side, which meant that she was not sitting on the toilet but probably crouching behind the locked door. From the location of the bullet casings in the bathroom, the detective believed that Pistorius had fired at the door from less than five feet away. By standing straight and imagining himself pointing a gun at the door, Botha believed that the bullet holes were slanted down, which would indicate that Pistorius had been wearing his prosthetic legs, not, as he would later claim, that he was on his stumps. ''

View attachment 35287

As Botha thought if Reeva was in a sitting position behind the door her arms crossed .. (as she got left finger and right arm wounds ) ,
shouldn't there be more blood behind the door if she was injured from her right hip and arm there? That doesn't make sense to me...

Well I thought of a possible solution for this.
But maybe I can pose it as a quiz for you to have fun and solve.

Think of the head shot...
And let me know.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cou...of-blood-up-the-stairs-1.1471721#.Uc9TKIf_eQw

A paramedic who was among the first on the scene after the shooting of Reeva Steenkamp said he entered Oscar Pistorius’s house and saw a woman’s body near the stairs, covered in blood.

The paramedic, who asked not to be named, said:

“There was a lot of activity at the house. The police were moving in and out and there were private security guards outside.

“When we arrived a woman, who never told us her name, met us in the driveway and showed us through the door. As soon as I walked in, I saw a woman’s body by the stairs and she was covered in blood. There was also a blood trail up the stairs that I could see. “Oscar Pistorius, dressed in shorts and a T-shirt, was just standing there looking at the body. His right leg and arm were covered in blood.

As this paramedic mentioned OP's right leg and arm was bloodied so I am
thinking that he was holding her head on his right arm and her feet on his left arm while carrying her downstairs.. Which side of stairs were there
blood splashes from her hair ? I guess it must be the right side from upstairs ...I should go and check..

Well I thought of a possible solution for this.
But maybe I can pose it as a quiz for you to have fun and solve.

Think of the head shot...
And let me know.

Well I will answer myself. And this is speculation, and may not even fit all the facts.
So it is just 1 possibility.

But the brain trauma could have been so severe--esp. to areas of the brain that control the heart rhythm.

So the heart could have been beating very arrhythmically (e.g. VFib) and weakly due to the brain truama. So the weak heart could be the reason for little blood in certain areas. Now maybe OP quickly took her down the stairs.

Areas where blood pooled could be due to other matters. E.g. massive skull injury and blood or other fluid pouring out from the open skull. And if she is in one place for a long time (relatively speaking) some blood might ooze out from wounds.)

A multitude of subjects touched on in this article. No bombshells. Apparently some blowback by their desire to sue Oscar for the loss of their daughter and her financial support.

A small facto is in article was that SA has absolutely no welfare so they must find a sustain themselves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Steenkamp-speak-daughter-Pistorious-time.html

Oscar killed our golden girl Reeva so now he must pay us blood money: Barry and June Steenkamp's first newspaper interview about their daughter and Pistorius

Their subsequent decision to sue millionaire Pistorius for compensation has led to an outcry in their native South Africa, where the grieving couple have been accused of seeking ‘blood money’ for the life of their daughter.

Critics say Reeva would surely be ‘ashamed of her parents for the way they are crying out for money from her killer’.

Now, in their first newspaper interview, June and husband Barry tell how their financial ruin has forced them to sue Pistorius.

How the loss of their daughter has left them broken and bereft.

….

June and Barry could not face the formal identification process in Johannesburg. A good friend, Cecil Myers, at whose home Reeva had been staying for several months, offered to carry out the sad task for them. Reeva’s body was then flown to Port Elizabeth for her funeral on February 19, and together her parents found the courage to see her.

‘She was lying on a cold slab, looking waxy and lifeless. It was heart-breaking, the most terrible thing,’ says June.

‘They had put a cap on her head to hide the worst of the bruising where she had been shot, and they had used a lot of make-up. They told me I shouldn’t touch her. But I had to kiss her goodbye, I had to.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Steenkamp-speak-daughter-Pistorious-time.html

Well Daily Mail just had to add their own slant to the interview.

DM says, "Their subsequent decision to sue millionaire Pistorius for compensation has led to an outcry in their native South Africa, where the grieving couple have been accused of seeking ‘blood money’ for the life of their daughter.

Critics say Reeva would surely be ‘ashamed of her parents for the way they are crying out for money from her killer’."

Note that where DM says there is an outcry against the lawsuit, they can't seem to find a single person to say that. And Carol70 here has said that the vast majority of SAs believe he is guilty.

Then DM actually-- and foully-- puts words in the deceased Reeva's mouth by claiming they know how she would react. She was a law grad and most likely would have wanted her family to sue OP for murdering her
Finally most of us here suspect that Reeva will not get justice in Criminal Court. Maybe there is a chance she might get justice in Civil Court?

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cou...of-blood-up-the-stairs-1.1471721#.Uc9TKIf_eQw

A paramedic who was among the first on the scene after the shooting of Reeva Steenkamp said he entered Oscar Pistorius’s house and saw a woman’s body near the stairs, covered in blood.

The paramedic, who asked not to be named, said:

“There was a lot of activity at the house. The police were moving in and out and there were private security guards outside.

“When we arrived a woman, who never told us her name, met us in the driveway and showed us through the door. As soon as I walked in, I saw a woman’s body by the stairs and she was covered in blood. There was also a blood trail up the stairs that I could see. “Oscar Pistorius, dressed in shorts and a T-shirt, was just standing there looking at the body. His right leg and arm were covered in blood.

As this paramedic mentioned OP's right leg and arm was bloodied so I am
thinking that he was holding her head on his right arm and her feet on his left arm while carrying her downstairs.. Which side of stairs were there
blood splashes from her hair ? I guess it must be the right side from upstairs
...I should go and check..

BIB - In my post #800 I had the same thinking like you :D

B – Blood stains on the stairs

If the blood of Reeva's head wound dropped down (on the sofa), as OP carried Reeva downstairs, then her head must have been on the left side of the stairs (view from bottom of the stairs).

Blood spatter on left side of the stairs (view from bottom of the stairs) means he was holding her head on his right arm and her feet on his left arm while carrying her downstairs :)

BUT

C – Blood stains on the wall

The blood spatter on the wall are (for me) to widely dispersed than they are incurred when OP carried Reeva downstairs. Her body was weighty. A man with two prosthetic legs and wearing an unconscious body in his arms is likely to have difficulty keeping balance while going down the stairs. So, even if OP swayed when he carried Reeva downstairs he wouldn't have wavered as strong as her head dangled back and forth so strong that there were this kind of widely scattered blood spatters on the wall, because then OP certainly would lost his balance.

IMO only :D

A multitude of subjects touched on in this article. No bombshells. Apparently some blowback by their desire to sue Oscar for the loss of their daughter and her financial support.

A small facto is in article was that SA has absolutely no welfare so they must find a sustain themselves:

Reeva's parents have the right to sue the murderer of her daughter to compensation for their mental pain and financial hardships caused to them by the death of her daughter. And the money that they will receive (hopefully) isn't blood money!

But I guess, critics who say Reeva would surely be ‘ashamed of her parents for the way they are crying out for money from her killer’ only come from Oscar's side.

A - Blood stains on the sofa

1. The photos show no sofa under the part of the stairs without wall. So where the sofa was located if there were blood stains on it?

2. There were quite a lot of blood spatter on the sofa - spread over a fairly wide range.

3. If this blood dropped down on the sofa when OP carried Reeva downstairs, her head would have hung over the railing. But directly before and after the area with stair rail were walls against which her head then would be beaten.

Sofa's place seem changed...Where was it that day ? Was it another cover up ?

OP SOFA.jpg

OP stairs leaks.jpg

Resp. snipped

Maybe she was not dead yet with the final shot to her head and as you mentioned in yr above post, he did use all 6 bullets already ...so he might have finished with the bat.. Just a thought

There were rumors abt head skull crash in the beginning and then the autopsy report controverted that but I don't trust any released statements there..

Sorry, MURDERER_SERVANT, but I not agree with the BIB part :)

Basically we know nothing about the results of the autopsy report.

Only Perumal, the pathologist of the DT, talked a lot about the autopsy report but none of this has been confirmed until now.

Regarding Perumal's statement about Reeva's empty bladder Nel said in the bail hearing:

There is no evidence before court about [Reeva's] empty bladder.

I guess, if all the things Perumal said about the autopsy report would be true, this report also would be leaked by the DT long ago :)

Sofa's place seem changed...Where was it that day ? Was it another cover up ?

View attachment 35295

View attachment 35296

LOL - we noticed the same :D - look at my post #482, page 20

I watched the video again, too and have compared the location of the sofa in the video with the location of the sofa in the photo [in my post #468, page 19] and there is a crucial difference: in the video I can't see a sofa under the railing of the stairs (like on the photo), but a small sideboard. And I also can't see a sofa in front of this sideboard, because the back of the sofa must be higher than the sideboard?

On the other hand they say in the video:

The creme sofa UNDER the stairs.....

It's time for me going to bed. I wish all of you a good night - see you/read us tomorrow :eek:fftobed:

Well Daily Mail just had to add their own slant to the interview.

DM says, "Their subsequent decision to sue millionaire Pistorius for compensation has led to an outcry in their native South Africa, where the grieving couple have been accused of seeking ‘blood money’ for the life of their daughter.

Critics say Reeva would surely be ‘ashamed of her parents for the way they are crying out for money from her killer’."

Note that where DM says there is an outcry against the lawsuit, they can't seem to find a single person to say that. And Carol70 here has said that the vast majority of SAs believe he is guilty.

Then DM actually-- and foully-- puts words in the deceased Reeva's mouth by claiming they know how she would react. She was a law grad and most likely would have wanted her family to sue OP for murdering her
Finally most of us here suspect that Reeva will not get justice in Criminal Court. Maybe there is a chance she might get justice in Civil Court?

I feel sorry for the Steenkamps.
The implication is that they got paid for giving this interview.

But then they have to endure that DM added all kinds of claptrap to it, that they then have to read. Including that the whole country is against them for suing OP--when the truth is probably the opposite!

But hopefully in-country poster Carol70 will tell us that.

And the DM got it all wrong again RE Claudia Viljoen--saying OP was "squiring yet another blonde, fellow athlete Claudia Viljoen."

When it's been made clear she is engaged to someone else, and has only a professional relationship with OP.

MSM does not want to upset a community that will in some way want to understand that home invasion means guns. I have a good friend who grew up there. He had to go to elitist cricket matches with his team in armoured vehicles. As a youth was in that situation.

I think the victim here was shot more than once. Ie scream of a person you know Vs random intruder.

Moo

Van Zyl said Pistorius had discovered he was desperately missing running and training.

"I think the emotions yesterday show how much he really did miss being back on the track and being able to run," Van Zyl said. "Obviously with the world championships, both Paralympic world championships and IAAF world championships getting closer, it's even tougher for him not be running or training or competing."

Poor him, so tough on him not to be running. Maybe they should all spare a thought for Reeva's poor Mum left with a vision of her beautiful, happy daughter lying on a block of ice, with a hole in her skull, also her distraught dad who can hardly speak with grief. This is what tough, what devastation really is, missing running pales miserably in comparison.

Bloody well annoying all this sympathy seeking poor Oscar talk. Why don't they all just get on with it, thank their lucky stars, their money, connections or whatever, that he's not behind bars, where the majority think he belongs, and shut their traps!

Reeva's parents have the right to sue the murderer of her daughter to compensation for their mental pain and financial hardships caused to them by the death of her daughter. And the money that they will receive (hopefully) isn't blood money!

But I guess, critics who say Reeva would surely be ‘ashamed of her parents for the way they are crying out for money from her killer’ only come from Oscar's side.

I totally agree. Also talking about blood money, I'm afraid such an accusation and worse belongs elsewhere.

I wonder who gave Oldwage the order to get to that safe at the crime scene, apparently at all costs. Anyone who would think about a material asset at such a time, to practically step over the bloodied body of a young lady, as if her violent death were as nothing compared to whatever they had to get their greedy mitts on in that safe.

To even contemplate bringing in a locksmith at such a time, IMO these people are as hard as nails and I would put nothing past any of them. For this action alone IMO they are a heartless, money grabbing lot and the term 'blood money' wouldn't even scratch the surface of such an action, yet hardly a mention of this in the media.

I hope the Steenkamps take him to the cleaners, if the shoe were on the other foot OP's lot would be swinging the hammer with vigour that's for sure!

Few weeks ago there were reports "poor Oscar" must sell his (killer)house, horses and cars because the trial consumes all of his money.

And while Reeva's parents don't know how they get to sleep by all their grief and sorrow and on top be reviled by media, "poor Oscar" now buys a new luxury car.

And his team lie - as always ..... Unbelievable! :jail:

Oscar takes ‘beautiful’ young woman to see his racy R1.5m Audi R8

Olympic athlete and murder suspect Oscar Pistorius is once more looking for speed – in the form of a luxury Audi R8.

Pistorius (26) was twice seen at an Audi dealership in Johannesburg recently, where he is allegedly buying an R8.

The cheapest version costs R1.5 million and the fastest reaches 317km/h.

<modsnip>

According to one, a &#8220;brash&#8221; Pistorius arrived with several bodyguards last week.

He was apparently &#8220;demanding&#8221; to know about the delivery of the sports car.

<modsnip>

She said the facts were that Pistorius had gone to trade in his car for a second-hand Audi, but she would not disclose the model.

She confirmed that Pistorius had gone to the dealership for a second time, but said the visit was meant to take care of the &#8220;paperwork&#8221; for his uncle, who had also bought an Audi there.

And that was not a luxurious R8, she said.

Burgess also says Oscar&#8217;s female companion was his cousin and denied that he was accompanied by bodyguards on the first occasion.

In December, the Sunday Times reported that Oscar bought himself a McLaren supercar worth more than R3&#8201;million to celebrate his successful year.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/osc...ful-young-woman-to-see-his-racy-r1-5m-audi-r8

Thanks.

But I guess I did not make myself clear.
I and my friend wondered about the distance between the security gate and OP's house.
That photo is nice, but ipso facto does not yield the actual distance between the 2 sites.

Google maps indicate that the distance between the security gate and OP's house is about 250 metres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288