Nancy Garrido - thread #2

I'm not the one who started the discussion that Jaycee shouldn't have to testify or wouldn't testify. But yes, I responded to the discussion. And yes, I pointed out that if Jaycee did not testify, there would very likely not be a conviction and that anything could be said in court about her without her testimony, if the prosecution attempted to pursue the charges without her testimony.

As I have said before and will say again I believe that Jaycee won't have a choice but to testify.

:twocents: Just a thought: testimony from JC could be selective??
She could testify regards, say, the kidnapping, but decline to testify on
the charge of rape. I have little background at law.

I'm not the one who started the discussion that Jaycee shouldn't have to testify or wouldn't testify. But yes, I responded to the discussion. And yes, I pointed out that if Jaycee did not testify, there would very likely not be a conviction and that anything could be said in court about her without her testimony, if the prosecution attempted to pursue the charges without her testimony.

As I have said before and will say again I believe that Jaycee won't have a choice but to testify.

I posted something in the "Corruption" thread that I started (not knowing where else to post it) that I thought you might like to read. It talks about how a judge is not requiring the victim to publicly testify.

HAVE A GOOD TIME NANCY - IMAGINE HOW JC FELT

Nancy Garrido threatened by fellow inmates
Convicted sex offender, Phillip Garrido, and his wife, Nancy, are behind bars, awaiting trial for kidnapping and raping an 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard. They are also accused of holding her captive for 18 years in a makeshift backyard compound.

Media attention has focused on Phillip, however, Nancy is accused of being the individual who physically abducted Jaycee from a school bus stop in 1991. She was also allegedly responsible for holding Jaycee captive when Phillip was behind bars from April to August 1993, after his arrest for a parole violation.

The Ski Channel TV Network is reporting that Nancy has been placed in isolation because fellow inmates have threatened to rape and kill her. A source told the network she is “very lonely” and spends most of her time reading the Bible. She is also said to be very cooperative with the ongoing police investigation.

<<SNIP>>

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...se-Nancy-Garrido-threatened-by-fellow-inmates

:twocents: Just a thought: testimony from JC could be selective??
She could testify regards, say, the kidnapping, but decline to testify on
the charge of rape. I have little background at law.

Depends what questions the proscutor and defense ask. Once she is on the stand she can't refuse to answer unless she takes the 5th.

Convicted sex offender, Phillip Garrido, and his wife, Nancy, are behind bars, awaiting trial for kidnapping and raping an 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard. They are also accused of holding her captive for 18 years in a makeshift backyard compound.

Media attention has focused on Phillip, however, Nancy is accused of being the individual who physically abducted Jaycee from a school bus stop in 1991. She was also allegedly responsible for holding Jaycee captive when Phillip was behind bars from April to August 1993, after his arrest for a parole violation.

The Ski Channel TV Network is reporting that Nancy has been placed in isolation because fellow inmates have threatened to rape and kill her. A source told the network she is “very lonely” and spends most of her time reading the Bible. She is also said to be very cooperative with the ongoing police investigation.

<<SNIP>>

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...se-Nancy-Garrido-threatened-by-fellow-inmates

That is old news. The ski channel is WAY behind the news curve on it's content.

<<SNIP>>

so now she knows what it's like to be shackled up and no one will let her go and she's under threat of rape or death every day.
poor nancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
she shoud have thuoght about this outcome those 38 days she could have let jaycee go withot garrido being able to stop her.

so now she knows what it's like to be shackled up and no one will let her go and she's under threat of rape or death every day.
poor nancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
she shoud have thuoght about this outcome those 38 days she could have let jaycee go withot garrido being able to stop her.

She actually had almost 5 months to release JC. He was locked up from early April 93 through late August 93. I just wanted to mention it because you keep mentioning 38 days when it was actually quite a bit longer.

That is old news. The ski channel is WAY behind the news curve on it's content.

And the point is ??????????? Still posting worthy in my opinion.....

And what part of this is about the defense?
Stop the BS that your position is about the defense. I am not buying.....

I just got home from a refreshing Autumn walk, it is a nice time of year.

I'm just giving you a heads-up that mypost#162 was response to post#155
by someone else. I thought my reply to you last night was all we needed.
Today I believe my reply to post #155 and now to you is that I am not
comfortable debating Prosecution vs Defense in this case.
I gather I'm not alone on this..
Maybe I would on a case that involves a crime that didn't last 18 years.
However I am very sensitive to the feelings of Jaycee, & all her Family.
There is a chance some of them might be reading the comments.

I will repeat that the Lawyer said she is going to testify.

Just like you have repeated that she needs to testify to prove herself.

No one has to give a detailed explanation or debate on all the personal, private, details on the attacks made against Jaycee over the years
to prove a guilty verdict or give details on a defense against the pedophiles.
We don't have to debate or explain or prove to each other this or that on this case.

This blog is titled Nancy.
I didn't see a title on the blog called lets have a ruthless debate on pros & cons of Prosecution and Defense in the J.D. vs P&N G's case.

So my vote is to take all our energy and focus it on a topic less hurtful to all the victims.
AS we all agree we all feel bad and want the best outcome for Jaycee.

Indeed it is and somehow, it's getting side tracked into a pretrial movie preview. I have a question about Nancy. She married Phillip in prison and that was well before he was released on bail. Is that correct? Where was she living after that? I presume she knew why he was incarcerated. Does anyone have any idea why they, the newlywed couple, moved in with Mom in Antioch? Or did they set up house elsewhere first? Most newlyweds wouldn't want to be living with Mom. Just an observation and tyring to get back on the subject of Nancy.

She actually had almost 5 months to release JC. He was locked up from early April 93 through late August 93. I just wanted to mention it because you keep mentioning 38 days when it was actually quite a bit longer.

i thought that he was only incarcerated for the first month or so and then served the rest of his prob. violation via home arrest?

i thought that he was only incarcerated for the first month or so and then served the rest of his prob. violation via home arrest?

I do not know which is correct but both of these are floating out there.
1) he was incarcerated for 5 months
2) he served 1 month in and the rest on house arrest.

Indeed it is and somehow, it's getting side tracked into a pretrial movie preview. I have a question about Nancy. She married Phillip in prison and that was well before he was released on bail. Is that correct? Where was she living after that? I presume she knew why he was incarcerated. Does anyone have any idea why they, the newlywed couple, moved in with Mom in Antioch? Or did they set up house elsewhere first? Most newlyweds wouldn't want to be living with Mom. Just an observation and tyring to get back on the subject of Nancy.

After they married in Oct 81, she moved to Leavenworth, KS. Sometime before he was paroled (not released on bail), NG moved to Antioch with PF. PG was paroled from NDOC in 88 a halfway house in Oakland and from there to Antioch, CA. I have no idea why they, as newlyweds, would want to live with his mother, but part of my theory is that PG is/was a "mama's boy". IIRC, PF had also remarried by this time. Her second husband died in the late 90s, I believe.

I haven't heard or read that he was released to house arrest, is there a link? It's possible, but this suggests he was in an actual facility for close to 5mos...

April 2, 1993
Garrido is returned to custody in a federal correctional facility for a parole violation. (Source: Federal Bureau of Prisons)

August 31, 1993
Garrido is released to parole again from a federal correctional facility. (Source: Federal Bureau of Prisons)

PG arrest/parole timeline:
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/56762052.html

After they married in Oct 81, she moved to Leavenworth, KS. Sometime before he was paroled (not released on bail), NG moved to Antioch with PF. PG was paroled from NDOC in 88 to Antioch, CA. I have no idea why they, as newlyweds, would want to live with his mother, but my theory is that PG is/was a "mama's boy". IIRC, PF had also remarried by this time. Her second husband died in the late 90s, I believe.

I haven't heard or read that he was released to house arrest, is there a link? It's possible, but this suggests he was in an actual facility for close to 5mos...

April 2, 1993
Garrido is returned to custody in a federal correctional facility for a parole violation. (Source: Federal Bureau of Prisons)

August 31, 1993
Garrido is released to parole again from a federal correctional facility. (Source: Federal Bureau of Prisons)

PG arrest/parole timeline:
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/56762052.html

Sorry, braindead today, that's what I meant to say! Thanks for the info. I guess what I'm wondering here is especially since NG apparently had a job, it seems really odd that they would move in with PG's mom back then. He'd been living in the Tahoe/Reno area before he went to jail, yes? UNLESS,
of course, they'd already planned to use this particular larger yard for something, and planned to drug up his mother and use her money. (Even more so, now, I didn't realize NG moved in there first.) She wasn't "taking care Patricia" back then. From what I've read she was an active woman. I was just thinking the hoarders that they appear to be, makes me wonder about correspondence NG & PG would have had while he was in prison. Hope it didn't get trashed somewhere in the searching.

I found this website when I was looking for info on NG because there is basically nothing known about her. I was wondering how a woman who looked so beautiful could end up like this. Since she waited 7 years while he was in prison, she already was not playing with a full deck. I find it astounding that there are no reports from any classmates or neighbors before she met PG. And we know that they could get paid for info. I am really grateful for this site that has given information that simply is not anywhere else. But I have to say, that I have been astounded by some of the comments that seem to support PG and especially him as a parent (that's the way I read it). PG has a tremendous amount of love in him-for himself only. He is totally incapable of caring about anyone but himself. His revelation to the world is how he was cured of his issues (still looking at *advertiser censored* sites, though). So his cure is to rape and 11 year old and have children. It's the same to him as him saying that he cured a headache with aspirin. All actions and relationships only relate to how they can enrich or be of use to him. I simply cannot believe the comments of how Jaycee's life in the backyard was no big deal Cold water showers, etc. Jaycee and girls were just objects to PG
I hope that this case helps other children.

The most probably reason I can think of why the two lived with his mama is called freeloading and mooching.

I found this website when I was looking for info on NG because there is basically nothing known about her. I was wondering how a woman who looked so beautiful could end up like this. Since she waited 7 years while he was in prison, she already was not playing with a full deck. I find it astounding that there are no reports from any classmates or neighbors before she met PG. And we know that they could get paid for info. I am really grateful for this site that has given information that simply is not anywhere else. But I have to say, that I have been astounded by some of the comments that seem to support PG and especially him as a parent (that's the way I read it). PG has a tremendous amount of love in him-for himself only. He is totally incapable of caring about anyone but himself. His revelation to the world is how he was cured of his issues (still looking at *advertiser censored* sites, though). So his cure is to rape and 11 year old and have children. It's the same to him as him saying that he cured a headache with aspirin. All actions and relationships only relate to how they can enrich or be of use to him. I simply cannot believe the comments of how Jaycee's life in the backyard was no big deal Cold water showers, etc. Jaycee and girls were just objects to PG

I agree...

I think I read somewhere that Nancy and her original family come from Mexico.
Maybe she was educated in Mexico and does not have a long history here in the US.
Also if she was raised in Mexico it is a male dominant culture, so I am not surprised
that she would be subservient to him.
But when he wanted to do the wrong thing that is when she should have ended it
just as his first wife did.

Well that was only one person's comments , the rest of us think on the same lines as you do.

Sorry, braindead today, that's what I meant to say! Thanks for the info. I guess what I'm wondering here is especially since NG apparently had a job, it seems really odd that they would move in with PG's mom back then. He'd been living in the Tahoe/Reno area before he went to jail, yes? UNLESS,
of course, they'd already planned to use this particular larger yard for something, and planned to drug up his mother and use her money. (Even more so, now, I didn't realize NG moved in there first.) She wasn't "taking care Patricia" back then. From what I've read she was an active woman. I was just thinking the hoarders that they appear to be, makes me wonder about correspondence NG & PG would have had while he was in prison. Hope it didn't get trashed somewhere in the searching.

Her job was not enough for a large apartment for all.
she started out in better positions, years back she was taking care of patients.
Then she hooked up with him and went down hill......
Last job she was the cleaning girl at another facility.
I know on one job she was fired because they took a drug test and she did not pass.
But I do not think she ever made enough to house themselves and the girls.

I think he was smart in some ways or he would not be in the mecca of rapists,
murderers and thieves. seems the perfect place to hide. And the perfect house to hide in. :(

I have been astounded by some of the comments that seem to support PG and especially him as a parent (that's the way I read it). PG has a tremendous amount of love in him-for himself only. He is totally incapable of caring about anyone but himself. His revelation to the world is how he was cured of his issues (still looking at *advertiser censored* sites, though). So his cure is to rape and 11 year old and have children. It's the same to him as him saying that he cured a headache with aspirin. All actions and relationships only relate to how they can enrich or be of use to him. .

:truce: I was one of those who expounded on PG as a "caring parent".
You're right on that PG is incapable of love. His "caring", i think, was
just going through the motions for a couple of reasons:
Nearly all religions sanction family (Heaven's Gate excepted)
PG's mother wanted her granddaughters to grow up well, and so does NG.
His children were a source of pride to PG, mainly in the sense of showing
them off to ingratiate himself --- as you are saying m/l.
The only justification i ever had to modify PG's incarceration is to allow
Starlet and Angel the option to make peace with the home from which
they were suddenly yanked --- saying that as a foster parent myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back