The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let you all know that I had to help somehow- Since I'm not as good at sleuthing as you guys, the least I could do was buy the yearbook.

I should have it Fedex by tomorrow!

MG

It looks like everyone is off to a wonderful start today. I have also looked and looked and haven't found any missing gals that could be our Princess Blue.

MrsG, I myself think you are a wonderful sleuther. I think it helps to have as many people as we can helping out on this and we all have one thing in mind and that is to find out who Princess Blue belongs to and bring her home to them. Also thank you SO MUCH for getting that yearbook. Hopefully it holds the key to finding Princess Blue's family :)

ETA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Teons!

I'm usually a reader, but wanted to make this comment. This may have already been said, but I missed it if it was.
It's a possibility that the original owner of the ring pawned it. Back then class rings were actually gold and had true stones, not synthetic (at least mine did, from '72), so it would have been worth pawning. If you do find the original owner and it was pawned, maybe the pawn shop has records that could be searched. I realize this is unlikely, but it is a possibility.
This is an interesting thread and you guys are doing great!

MG, you are wonderful and just as talented a sleuther as anyone here.

RK..thankyou :)

Raindrops...I hadn't even thought of that, what a great thought!

Welcome to WS raindrops! It is an interesting theory.

I'm usually a reader, but wanted to make this comment. This may have already been said, but I missed it if it was.
It's a possibility that the original owner of the ring pawned it. Back then class rings were actually gold and had true stones, not synthetic (at least mine did, from '72), so it would have been worth pawning. If you do find the original owner and it was pawned, maybe the pawn shop has records that could be searched. I realize this is unlikely, but it is a possibility.
This is an interesting thread and you guys are doing great!

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/331dftx.html

I don't know if this little one has been posted yet, but she was 13 at the time she disappeared, and had a scar on her right knee - maybe from surgery. Do they know if the finding of possible "tumor" on the knee of Princess Blue was made by identifiing bone calcification that could have resulted from surgery or did they notice the injury and just assumed it was or could have been a tumor? I know the age of Blanca is off by a few years but she is from Texas. How accurate are the age determinations?

Blanca Elisa Roberson
Missing since August 6, 1989 from Aransas Pass, San Patricio County, Texas.
Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: January 12, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Black hair; brown eyes. Originally from Nicaragua. She is immature for her age.
Marks, Scars: Roberson has a a three inch scar on her right knee.
Clothing: She was wearing a light blue Mickey Mouse t-shirt; dark blue shorts and tennis shoes.
Dentals: Available

Just wanted to let you all know that I had to help somehow- Since I'm not as good at sleuthing as you guys, the least I could do was buy the yearbook.

I should have it Fedex by tomorrow!

MG

Yippy yiye yaye kiye yaye, MrsG!!!(jumping for joy icon)!!

Thank you so very much. You are a very good egg, my friend. BTW, you are much better at sleuthing than you give yourself credit for, imo.

Once you get the book, is there a time, energy method of copying all of the pages and posting them? I am fairly new to most things internet. So, forgive me if I am asking for the impossible.

Lion

Definitely going to scan all their pics and info and post them online as soon as I get the book. I hope it's as small a graduating class as they say, but this has to be the lead we've been waiting for.

I am kind of annoyed with the seller of the book though- they're supposed to call me back (it gave a seller phone number that I called and left a msg with specific delivery/FedEx instructions) and they didn't call me back yet. :waitasec: Don't they know how important this is????????

If they don't call me tonight by 8PM EST, I am going to have to have it sent Saturday delivery. Why didn't I order it sooner?????????????????????????

Also, something about the ring company- Balfour and Jostens do a lot of rings, and I know they don't always keep records that far back. However, if we can just get a closer look at the sides of the ring.... since this picture has been posted, I've flipped my monitor over to look at the picture to see if we could see the emblems on the sides of the ring. NOTHING. How can we get in touch with LE to ask them to describe it for us? You'd think they'd be even more specific, considering that there are 2-3 articles on this case and it's fairly open to the public (even if the ring only says "the Lancets" and "1975" on the sides) Do we know this yet? :waitasec:

MG

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/331dftx.html

I don't know if this little one has been posted yet, but she was 13 at the time she disappeared, and had a scar on her right knee - maybe from surgery. Do they know if the "tumor" on the knee was identified by bone calcification from surgery or they noticed injury and assumed it was a tumor? I know the age is off by a few years, but how accurate are the age determinations?

Blanca Elisa Roberson
Missing since August 6, 1989 from Aransas Pass, San Patricio County, Texas.
Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: January 12, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Black hair; brown eyes. Originally from Nicaragua. She is immature for her age.
Marks, Scars: Roberson has a a three inch scar on her right knee.
Clothing: She was wearing a light blue Mickey Mouse t-shirt; dark blue shorts and tennis shoes.
Dentals: Available
Her disappearnce and time UID was found fits.
I agree the age may be off, but I think close enough.
Only thing is at 120#, I don't know if she could wear a size 9 1/2 ring? It's a possiblility. It doesn't mention any jewelry she might have worn. Now if her Mother or other relative went to Lee High 1975, I'd say it must be her. But the DN says she is from Nicaragua, so she came here with family.

Her disappearnce and time UID was found fits.
I agree the age may be off, but I think close enough.
Only thing is at 120#, I don't know if she could wear a size 9 1/2 ring? It's a possiblility. It doesn't mention any jewelry she might have worn. Now if her Mother or other relative went to Lee High 1975, I'd say it must be her. But the DN says she is from Nicaragua, so she came here with family.

There is a news article about her that I found. She was at a friend's house and left and was never seen again. I find the scar on her right knee a possibility, and that's why I was wondering how the ME determined that Princess Blue had a tumor. If Blanca had surgery on her knee - maybe the suspect tumor was bone calcification of some sort that could have been assumed to be a tumor. *just thinking out loud here* Let me see if I can find the article on Blanca again and will link it.

She may have been able to wear the ring on her thumb?

ARANSAS PASS - When you think of cold cases in the Coastal Bend it's hard to forget the face of 13-year-old Elisa Roberson. She vanished from Aransas Pass 17 years ago without a trace. 6 News took another look at the chilly trail. It's a case that still haunts Elisa's best friend to this day. For the first time she speaks about her tragic loss.

Roberson's youthful face still lights up the Aransas Pass Police Department, and her sixth grade picture is frozen in time on numerous national web sites. Sharla Yell remembers their fun times together.

"She'd come over and hang out all the time every day. Ride bikes, sit in my house and play Nintendo or Atari...the old games (laughs)," said Yell. She remembers that on August 6, 1989. Elisa was not herself.

"We sat around the house playing Nintendo, playing games like always and then it came time to get ready to go to church 'cause we went to the same church. But she didn't want to go, and she didn't want to go home and she wanted me to stay home."

But Sharla went to church without Elisa and got a call about an hour later.

"Debbie Green explained to me Elisa was supposed to meet her at her house and never showed up." Elisa's friend Debbie waited and waited. For the past two years, Captain Roberto Gonzales has had his hands on the case.

"Her friend came up to the halfway point of one of elementary schools, but Elisa never showed up," said Gonzales. "We spoke to a subject, person last year, again...didn't go anywhere."

Twelve years after Elisa Roberson disappeared, this cold case heated up. A map was anonymously mailed to 6 News showing where Elisa's body might have been. But that search turned up nothing.

Another interesting twist made its way into our newsroom again three years later. Elisa's mother e-mailed a reporter. She described the man she thought knew something: Ralph Gonzales. He was an old boyfriend who told her days before Elisa's disappearance: One day he was going to do something that would make her "...remember him forever..."

"I read a statement that said they did talk to him and all, again that lead didn't go anywhere," Gonzales said.

Sharla claims she was also accused.

"I received phone calls from her mom and people in town...accusing me and my sister of knowing what happened to her - we were being harassed," she said. But still, no one has stepped forward to offer any promising pieces to this puzzle. Captain Gonzales believes someone out there knows something.

If you have any information on this cold case, you're urged to call the Aransas Pass Police Department.
http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6041216&nav=menu192_2_6_1

Definitely going to scan all their pics and info and post them online as soon as I get the book. I hope it's as small a graduating class as they say, but this has to be the lead we've been waiting for.

I am kind of annoyed with the seller of the book though- they're supposed to call me back (it gave a seller phone number that I called and left a msg with specific delivery/FedEx instructions) and they didn't call me back yet. :waitasec: Don't they know how important this is????????

If they don't call me tonight by 8PM EST, I am going to have to have it sent Saturday delivery. Why didn't I order it sooner?????????????????????????

Also, something about the ring company- Balfour and Jostens do a lot of rings, and I know they don't always keep records that far back. However, if we can just get a closer look at the sides of the ring.... since this picture has been posted, I've flipped my monitor over to look at the picture to see if we could see the emblems on the sides of the ring. NOTHING. How can we get in touch with LE to ask them to describe it for us? You'd think they'd be even more specific, considering that there are 2-3 articles on this case and it's fairly open to the public (even if the ring only says "the Lancets" and "1975" on the sides) Do we know this yet? :waitasec:

MG

Hi MrsG. I hope he calls you. Please let us know if he doesn't. He best send that book or I will put Nair in his shampoo--just kidding.

And, please don't worry about not having bought it sooner. We have to be careful about how much of our own money we invest in a particular case. We are all just so thankful that you bought it.

I have found that there is an almost insane number of HS's named Robert E. Lee High School. There are many throughout the USA, and there are at least 4 in Texas, alone. When researching we might want to be sure that the REL is in Houston. I have made mistakes already by emailing people who attended REL in San Antonio, for example. I did get good info from the one reply I got, though--go figure.

Also, Robert E. Lee HS changed its name to Lee HS in 1990, so some good stuff can be found on the net about Lee HS, too. And, the Lancers are the mascot for an REL in VA. The mascot for REL in Houston has and has always been Robert E. Lee, himself. This is according to the current librarian who has been working there since 1988, and who also graduated from REL in 1980.

I am just trying to clarify things because the fact that there are so many REL's, and REL in Houston changed its name to Lee, we could end up spinning our wheels in a New York minute in the wrong direction.

Lion

I believe the class ring does say REL Houston on it. There's a pic posted here somewhere of the ring they found.

Edited to add photo:

137UFTX2.jpg

Thanks Jaded for the story. I think the mother's ex did do something to this child.
1. The statement the mother claims he made about doing something so she'd never forget him.
2. Elisa, according to her friend did not want to go home or to church. I'm wondering if the mother's boyfriend molested her? He was home and her mom was not. She didn't want to go to church because she felt ashamed of what happened?
The knee is something I think LE should look into. But where does the Lee ring fit in with her? Her mother may know the answer.

MrsG,
Have you seen this view of the ring? One is the view we have all seen and the other is a side of (well one side anyhow) of the ring.

You can see the images here:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0310014

MG

Dang , I wish they would show the other side as well. This side looks like General lee's face! I want to see the rest of it :)

Question here...

Does anyone know if Balfour does resizing of rings? If Balfour did do the class rings for the REL (Houston) class of 1975 is it possible someone could take the ring back there at a later date to have it resized? I know I've read that Balfour is close by REL High (Houston) so it would make sense that someone might take it back there to have it resized if they still lived in the area. I know it was said that the people who did the rings didn't have records from 1975 but is it possible they might have records of anyone bringing it back at a later time to be resized??

LOL..it is General Lee's face and I believe it says "Generals" under his likeness?

Dang , I wish they would show the other side as well. This side looks like General lee's face! I want to see the rest of it :)

Question here...

Does anyone know if Balfour does resizing of rings? If Balfour did do the class rings for the REL (Houston) class of 1975 is it possible someone could take the ring back there at a later date to have it resized? I know I've read that Balfour is close by REL High (Houston) so it would make sense that someone might take it back there to have it resized if they still lived in the area. I know it was said that the people who did the rings didn't have records from 1975 but is it possible they might have records of anyone bringing it back at a later time to be resized??

http://www.balfour.com/CustomerService/LimitedLifetimeWarranty.aspx

Limited Lifetime Warranty

horz_bar_sub.gif
Your Balfour® class ring is special, and we have hand-crafted it especially for you to ensure years of enjoyment. That’s why we offer the following warranty services to be performed without charge for the original owner of the Balfour class ring:

- Repair defects in workmanship or materials at the time of original delivery*

- Resize ring (all rings can be resized up to two sizes)

Address
2930 Chimney Rock
Houston, TX 77056

(713) 784-4990

LionRun,
Who would we need to contact to find out what is on the other side of the ring?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member