MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll share that turducken, if you don't mind. I don't know if mom did anything to Lisa, but I do think she has knowledge of what happened to her.

O/T....Umm...I feel dumb. I had to google turducken.

I have a cell phone and a land line. The land line is mainly used to call my cell phone so I can find it each day as I use it for my alarm.
Good one! Been there, done that. More than once.

Not to mention it would be very difficult to accidentally give a child a single-dose 'fatal' overdose - you just would have a hard time getting them to take it all without vomiting/ making a fuss over having to take that much medicine.

Sadly and embarrassingly , we know this firsthand. I gave our sick toddler his tylenol and took a nap with him. When my husband came home he took over with our sick son, and gave him another dose. In the middle of the night i woke up and gave him more, not realizing hubby had already done it.
So our 21 month old had almost twice the amount he was supposed to have.
He did throw up that night and when my husband woke up we figured out we had double dosed him. I called our pediatrician who told us it was ok, but that he would throw it all up most likely. And before it was dangerous, that one needs to consistently give a child too much over a small window of time. It is very hard to accidentally do so. It would require the child to get a hold of the bottle and chug it themselves for it to be an accidental od.

She may have accidentally allowed the child to get a hold of some prescription drugs however.

My question is why didn't they call the cops? Its better to be safe than sorry! Does anyone have the link to this story? TIA

I just find it extremely unusual for someone to be walking down the street with a baby in just a diaper at that hour in October. Sorry, but it gets cold here in the midwest in October so I find it unusual to say the least.

I may have questioned my own eyes if I thought I saw that......could it be a small dog with a doggie coat, being carried or is it a baby in a diaper???

I'm really tired and maybe am missing something, but HTH do you get in from outside when you close the front door???!!!

A key?
Like a hotel, locks behind you. Use key or key card to re enter?

Or maybe baby Lisa drank the stuff thinking it was juice or candy and it was too late when mom noticed? Mom may have forgotten to put the cap back on or one of the other children may have figured out how to do the twist top. Some of these cold/cough medicines are yummy tasting for kids. They come in all flavours. Cherry, bubble gum.

But why not just call 911 or Poison Control? It makes no sense to stage an elaborate kidnapping scheme over an accident.

I think those that do stage a kidnapping were doing something else wrong to begin with.....like drugs. Or maybe left a child alone and unsupervised. They have a need to cover up their own criminal behavior.

Lavanda Dolce, I have not read any of this thread (yet) but will look at it as soon as I can, but I believe the query relates to how long it takes for a cadaver dog to be able to indicate on a deceased human body.

I am relying on my memory here from a study that was done in Germany (2008) but simply put, it involved two men who died within 10 minutes of each other despite efforts made to try and save them.

New small square pieces of carpet were placed underneath each body (which were then wrapped with a cotton blanket). Three dogs were used to see if they could detect 'cadaver' on the carpet squares that were allowed to stay against each body for 2 minutes and 10 minutes. The accuracy of the dogs for detecting cadaver at 2 minutes was 94% accuracy and 98% accuracy for 10 minutes.

Of course there's even more info. but I have this committed to memory for when a question like this comes up. I can, however, provide the info. for this study, as well as a couple of personal incidents which I have personally noticed.

Hope this helps - thanks for contacting me ... This will help to get me to take the time to come back and get involved with Websleuth's again. I've missed it!

Again I'm humbled

If someone took the cell phones just to delay calling 911. How much time would really be lost? I would run to my neighbors immediately if I had no phone. I don't think it would delay me by a whole lot of time to make a difference since we have no idea what time between 10:30 and 4:00 that she no longer in her bed.

The same amount of time it did when everyone had a phone line and the perps cut it. IMO, taking phones is the new version of cutting phone lines.

I'm really tired and maybe am missing something, but HTH do you get in from outside when you close the front door???!!!

I think means it automatically locks when you close it with or without a key but you use a key to get in. Kind of like a hotel room.

Respectfully shortened. I like reading your posts.

Acetaminophen overdoses do not cause immediate death. Tylenol overdoses cause acute liver failure and internal bleeding which take many unbelievably miserable days to finally kill someone if they can't get a liver transplant. An overdose of cough syrup with dextromethorphan can kill a child or adult within hours.
http://www.usatoday.com/educate/ondcp/lessons/Activity17.pdf

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Yes, an overdose can kill quickly. Does anyone have an estimate for the number of infants that are accidentally ODed each year?

I'm sorry, I meant that you can't open it from outside if you don't have a key. It locks automatically when you shut the door so no one can come in unless you have a key.:)

But why not just call 911 or Poison Control? It makes no sense to stage an elaborate kidnapping scheme over an accident.

I think those that do stage a kidnapping were doing something else wrong to begin with.....like drugs. Or maybe left a child alone and unsupervised. They have a need to cover up their own criminal behavior.

And, if I were going to stage a kidnapping, I'd make it much more simple. None of this leaving the lights on, or having the screen only pushed in, or having the door be unlocked.

Just a simple dad came home and checked on the kids and found the baby missing.

Sorry, I don't understand.

Why would anyone bother going through the computer room window when
the front door is unlocked??

The perp came in the window and left out the door that IMO was probably locked to begin with.

The same amount of time it did when everyone had a phone line and the perps cut it. IMO, taking phones is the new version of cutting phone lines.

Not really the same thing unless the burglar is prepared to check every room for a cell phone...I don't think that is why these phones were taken, if they were. Not even sure there was a reason, not one that makes sense; why would a random kidnapper think those were the only phones in the house, with all of those closed doors?

Still on the side of the fence that thinks this wasn't a break-in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth