LDS Theories -- Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths

There has been a lot of discussion about her being a LeBaron. i just looked up Tarsa's photo. I don't see it. To me, this seems to be a different person.

We weren't saying that we think she WAS this Jacqueline/Tarsa person; we think they could be related. Someone did some side by sides of her and Tarsa both old and young and to me, they have a lot of resemblances to each other. IMO, MUCH more than the various other brunettes that were linked her and said to either look like or BE her.

http://i.imgur.com/7XYeO6q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/P8Swkxd.jpg

If you don't think they look alike that's fine too. That's why we all have a chance to share what we think. Putting our heads together just might give some answers to a situation that none of us could solve alone. :)

The thing about the LeBaron kids that were in foster care and escaped is that they escaped in 1989, after LEK established her new identity.

O/T but in my Googling for this, I came across an article from 2005 reporting that one of the LeBaron sons was arrested for raping a girl in my neck of the woods. :eek:

Were there other blood relatives in the clan that were not Evril's direct children? Perhaps she grew up in this cult and was a relative of Evril's (niece or something, maybe) but not one of his children. Just a thought. Maybe she was a cousin to Jacqueline but not a sister. Evril had 50 children, though. Were they ALL accounted for in 1989?

That's scary about the rape of the girl in your area.

Here's an interesting thing I found while looking into Evril LeBaron. I don't know if this has been brought up by anyone else. (So many links so little time.) Written by one of his sons it gives a pretty interesting account of members of the Chuch of the Lamb of God going into hiding. I'm not whether I am convinced of LEK being connected to this group but IMO there is a striking resemblance to JL.

http://hismin.tripod.com/lebaron.html

The fertility problems (they believe) came about because she was most likely much older than she said she was; possibly very close to menopause. There are very few pictures of her entire body and in those she's wearing loose clothing. How can you tell what her waist to hip ratio is? What's a "heavy browbone"? Her eyebrows themselves appear feminine and are the same in all the pictures, young or old. She does have a bit of what appears to be an adams apple but that may be something she inherited. If you believe she was a he-she, that's fine but I am not sure we should derail the thread over it, since it's every bit as likely she was and has always been female.

Here's an interesting thing I found while looking into Evril LeBaron. I don't know if this has been brought up by anyone else. (So many links so little time.) Written by one of his sons it gives a pretty interesting account of members of the Chuch of the Lamb of God going into hiding. I'm not whether I am convinced of LEK being connected to this group but IMO there is a striking resemblance to JL.

This article/letter mentions 22 children, I do not think all are accounted for (at least not that we learned so far -we may find that they have...but some changed names... )

One of the articles about Jacqueline LeBaron says authorities received a tip about her whereabouts. What if LEK was the tipster? I think this theory is intriguing because the details, location, and timeline are all a match.

Were there other blood relatives in the clan that were not Evril's direct children? Perhaps she grew up in this cult and was a relative of Evril's (niece or something, maybe) but not one of his children. Just a thought. Maybe she was a cousin to Jacqueline but not a sister. Evril had 50 children, though. Were they ALL accounted for in 1989?

As you would guess in a family that practiced polygamy, there are many many relatives in the LeBaron clan.

There was a man named Dean Grover Vest who was murdered in 1975 when he said he was going to leave the LeBaron church cult. His wife and two kids had already left him and moved to Seattle Washington. Vest had his bags packed and he was murdered by a female in the cult who was fulfilling the command of Evril LeBaron. Dean Vest was very tall - 6'8"...

According to Ancestry.com his wife (DOB 1949) appears to have moved from Washington to Idaho. Here are two states that have a connection to LEK. Could LEK perhaps be one of these two kids?? The timing would match the age of LEK.

I think there are many possibilities in the LeBaron clan of kids who are in hiding...(either direct children of Evril LeBaron or children of the enemies in the church). Tall height and mental illness seems to be a genetic trait common in these families...both traits that LEK had.

There were more than 25 murders (blood atonement) within this sect. Some of this were murders that were made to look like suicides. Maybe Lori was helping provide information to the sect?? Maybe she made a deal to help locate certain members (there was one murder in Irving where she lived) with the expectation they would leave her alone. Perhaps she tried to change her ID and they found her and she was either so scared she committed suicide; or it was a set up suicide.

If this is true, it would be best for this not to be publicly known. If I were the Ruffs, I would probably very afraid for LEK's little daughter. She could be at risk and she should also be protected.

At this point...I thinks a DNA test should be done to see if LEK was related to any of the LeBarons. The resemblance and tallness and large hands as well as the timing of it all seems to be a strong theory that LEK may have been somehow connected to the LeBaron sect.

THIS IS A FACINATING READ! You can clearly see they were brainwashed and they truly believed that murder was right. If LEK was brought up in this family, she could have easily been caught up in helping out, etc.

I am trying to find the address of the appliance store in Irving to see if there is a possible connection to LEK. The timing is certainly right. 1988.

Many people say they cannot understand if LEK was from a religious faction...would she strip/dance?? You can read in this article that they had no money and had to resort to crime to finance their endeavors. If she was desperate and if the leader told her to do this...she would have.

Long time lurker, first time posting...

I think of the many theories I've read in here the lebaron family / polygamy sect is very plausible

I think that LEK getting her first ID (as BST) in Idaho doesn't rule out a Los Angeles connection; rather, I think it was a shrewd way of covering her butt. BST is born in one state and dies in another, and Jane Doe gets her BST ID in a third state. Before cross-checking between states, neither the birth nor the death show up, and if dead children's IDs were in demand as false ID, someone might have used BST before. Getting her ID in a third state meant that it couldn't be cross-checked at that time.

There might also have been the attraction of maybe Idaho being less technically up-to-date and not so much on the lookout for anything suspicious?

In any event, LEK further covered her tracks by getting her legal name change and SS number in yet another state. This is someone who knew what she was doing and/or was being guided by someone who knew what they were doing.

I remember using the Green Tortoise (aka the Hippie Bus) as a cheap, easy and fun way to travel up and down the West Coast. Jane Doe could have easily taken the Green Tortoise to Oregon or Washington and then taken Greyhound to Boise. Or maybe even just taken Greyhound from LA to Boise.

While the LeBaron connection is really interesting and plausible, I'm not counting out a connection with the hacker/anarchist/underground punk scene either, if only because LEK was very sophisticated in how she went about changing her identity, and because it would be quite normal for a woman in that scene to work as a dancer. There was a lot of flow between LA and SF in those scenes - people would decide to move from SF to go live in LA for a year or vice versa.

The Cuban food connection is actually quite a compelling reason to tie LEK to LA in some way, JMO, because that's the area where one was likely to develop a taste for it. Cuban food isn't as big in the Bay Area or PNW.

Yes...many commentors on the Seattle Times comments page have mentioned a possible connection to the LeBaron family who was tied to murders in Texas in 1988. Read here: Wikimedia Error

The families of this sect practiced polygamy and it has been said Evril LeBaron had has many as 50 kids. Evril was known to be very tall...greater than 6'4" and many of his kids were also very tall.

Jacqueline LeBaron was one of his children...and she was one who was convicted for the 1988 murders of several persons who were considered traitors or enemies of their teachings. Here is a picture of Jacqueline LeBaron...note her height and her hands. LEK could have been one of her siblings (there were many)...who would have wanted to disappear. There is a sister named Cynthia LeBaron who testified against Jacqueline and others. Cynthia is in the witness protection program.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/jacqueline-lebaron-2010-5-14-20-25-16.jpg

Sentencing Article:
http://www.fbi.gov/houston/press-releases/2011/jacqueline-lebaron-sentenced-to-prison

Just getting caught up and read these links. Fascinating, I don't remember ever hearing about this cult and all the murders. I also think it sounds like a plausible connection for our LEK. A few points that have come to mind, and sorry if already mentioned as I'm still catching up:

The timing of the murders and our JD's name change.
That family members are in hiding out of fear for their lives.
Our JD' heart and possibly other health problems.
Her interest in genealogy and strong religiosity.
The possible similar size, stature ( going by that one photo) and facial resemblance of our JD to Jacquelyn.

Question, Has anyone found any information as to the height of Jacquelyn or any of the other female family members? TIA

Just getting caught up and read these links. Fascinating, I don't remember ever hearing about this cult and all the murders. I also think it sounds like a plausible connection for our LEK. A few points that have come to mind, and sorry if already mentioned as I'm still catching up:

The timing of the murders and our JD's name change.
That family members are in hiding out of fear for their lives.
Our JD' heart and possibly other health problems.
Her interest in genealogy and strong religiosity.
The possible similar size, stature ( going by that one photo) and facial resemblance of our JD to Jacquelyn.

Question, Has anyone found any information as to the height of Jacquelyn or any of the other female family members? TIA

~
'Now 42, Jacqueline is 5-foot-11 with brown hair and green eyes and weighs about 135 pounds.'

'Raised on the Baja Peninsula, Jacqueline LeBaron is a Mexican national and "can speak Spanish like a Mexican and not like an American, so it’s very easy to blend in and just disappear pretty much anywhere in Central America," Clark said.'

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407342,00.html#ixzz2YT7QvSKZ

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407342,00.html#ixzz2YT7HsQgN

~
'Now 42, Jacqueline is 5-foot-11 with brown hair and green eyes and weighs about 135 pounds.'

'Raised on the Baja Peninsula, Jacqueline LeBaron is a Mexican national and "can speak Spanish like a Mexican and not like an American, so it’s very easy to blend in and just disappear pretty much anywhere in Central America," Clark said.'

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407342,00.html#ixzz2YT7QvSKZ

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407342,00.html#ixzz2YT7HsQgN

Oops, looks like we found the same thing, lol. Thanks anyway :wave:

Actually, I'll just go ahead and delete mine.

THIS IS A FACINATING READ! You can clearly see they were brainwashed and they truly believed that murder was right. If LEK was brought up in this family, she could have easily been caught up in helping out, etc.

I am trying to find the address of the appliance store in Irving to see if there is a possible connection to LEK. The timing is certainly right. 1988.

Many people say they cannot understand if LEK was from a religious faction...would she strip/dance?? You can read in this article that they had no money and had to resort to crime to finance their endeavors. If she was desperate and if the leader told her to do this...she would have.

Or if she ran away from the group and that was the only way she could support herself. That Ervil Lebaron was a psychopath, and had multiple wives, even children, so there is no telling what went on in that cult, just saying, she may not have been sexually inhibited or shy.

I thought it was fascinating as well! One thing that struck me was the fact that some of his family were living in Colorado and Houston in the other "families". This shows that not all of the family were in Mexico after Evril LeBaron died. IMO LEK being part of the LeBaron family is certainly a plausible scenario. If LEK were one of those sisters living within the other cults she could have escaped from one of them around the time of the murders of the other leaders. It was obviously a chaotic time between May 1987 and June 1988. The Denver leader, Daniel Jordan, was murdered in October of 1987. We know she ordered the BC in May 1988. The truth is we don't really know what address that BC was mailed to. Could she have been in Denver during that time? Boise is a little over 800 miles from Denver. I hope this isn't what you call "mustarding".

The “ours” phone no 303-293-2333 is for this law firm in Denver, Co and they have been in business for 30 years. At least that's what it says on the website.

http://www.milesgershlaw.com/

There were four rival locations of the LeBaron cults including:

Denver
Dallas
Houston
Mexico (La Jolla - baja Peninsula I think)

The were all trying to take over the other sects so they would have more "subservient" people in their sect.

So could this be a Denver connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyTx
Yes...many commentors on the Seattle Times comments page have mentioned a possible connection to the LeBaron family who was tied to murders in Texas in 1988. Read here: Wikimedia Error

The families of this sect practiced polygamy and it has been said Evril LeBaron had has many as 50 kids. Evril was known to be very tall...greater than 6'4" and many of his kids were also very tall.

Jacqueline LeBaron was one of his children...and she was one who was convicted for the 1988 murders of several persons who were considered traitors or enemies of their teachings. Here is a picture of Jacqueline LeBaron...note her height and her hands. LEK could have been one of her siblings (there were many)...who would have wanted to disappear. There is a sister named Cynthia LeBaron who testified against Jacqueline and others. Cynthia is in the witness protection program.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/origi...4-20-25-16.jpg

Sentencing Article:
http://www.fbi.gov/houston/press-rel...nced-to-prison

Do you have an article about Cynthia to cite us to where you got this information? I had not seen anything about her. Thanks

It may not have been 1st choice, but if you need quick money, it's there to be had for right look. If she did not do the leg work for new ID, she may have owed someone a nice chunk of cash.

Hi folks-new here, came over from the Seattle Times article. My thoughts, FWIW:

It's interesting that one of the Lebaron daughters, in the article linked below, mentions that she went a little "wild" after leaving the family. I wonder what this means? She's an attractive woman, and now an actress...I wonder if she might have done some stripping?

She also specifically mentions that some of her siblings are in hiding.

Of all the pictures of possible matches, the Lebaron woman really does look similar. Her ears are very much like LEK's (kind of long, and extending out from the head), as are the nostrils.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/local_news/article_00928e96-9b69-550c-b2a4-b76ff4e9f309.html

Hi folks-new here, came over from the Seattle Times article. My thoughts, FWIW:

It's interesting that one of the Lebaron daughters, in the article linked below, mentions that she went a little "wild" after leaving the family. I wonder what this means? She's an attractive woman, and now an actress...I wonder if she might have done some stripping?

She also specifically mentions that some of her siblings are in hiding.

Of all the pictures of possible matches, the Lebaron woman really does look similar. Her ears are very much like LEK's (kind of long, and extending out from the head), as are the nostrils.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/local_news/article_00928e96-9b69-550c-b2a4-b76ff4e9f309.html

She is very easy to find on FB. And she's friends with a lot of LaBarons.

I wondered about this myself. Is that drivers license valid or a fake? I wonder if LE looked at that issue. Big gap in looks there. I have wondered if the early LEK In pictures really is the same person as the later ones, particularly because of the nose thing. But something else about them is different too. Just can't put my finger on it. Brightness of the eyes or something.
I was just thinking the EXACT same thing as I was looking at pictures of other LeBarons and Chynoweths on Facebook. I think her eyes are closer together in the older person pictures! Is it possible she had a sister or cousin take the younger pics for her ( that person lived in Idaho?) I know that sounds crazy but I had a friend that looked ALOT like her sister that was two years older and they swapped out IDs alot for clubbing. I was thinking, I am crazy, it HAS to be the same person, but really, with this case, anything is possible
On another note CRAZY FACT...MOST OF THE LEBARONS AND CHYNOWETHS HAVE HAZEL EYES. Even the newer ones. ( younger)

Another fact: Ross LeBaron believes in inbreeding and has gotten several of his daughters pregnant. I am guessing he is not the only one. This marrying back and forth between families is most likely why they are all starting to look alike to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7vxVWNep4

another thing I have found: these families have hollywood ties. Some are actors/actresses, some are directors, there is a dancer....I guess the look they have is a popular one...and with hollywood, it doesnt matter if you are famous for murder, just as long as you are famous...right?

YouTube search Mike Weiss. He did tons of documentary videos on the families and the subject. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of our JD :seeya:

Last thought.. I ran across a seedy photographer in Washington state or maybe it was Oregon, that had pics of young almost nude girls dated back to 1980s up on his site, which I believe he has abandoned...this might be an avenue to look into, because if you don't have funds, you can do TFP, which is "time for pics", you dont pay, but they own your photo copyright and use them in their portfolio. Usually for new photogs to get one built.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetDreamsAreMadeOfCheez
Back