17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes.. the pride of being Law enforcement.. my dad said he fantasized about it all his life. went into the army and then became a police officer (I wasn't even allowed to call him a "cop!!" I still get flustered around a man (yes there are women but u know what I mean) in a uniform! Unfortunately.. not many feel the same way nowadays :(

Lots of the reason is because of the actions of LE like the SPD (IMO, MOO, JMO)

He got out because he saw the rapid decline of the external AND internal respect for the NYPD.

:sigh:
So sad...

I'm sorry to hear that...very sad indeed! And I hope if the SPD is found to have been out of line, those bad actors will be dealt with harshly. No leniency for intentional neglect of duty or wrongdoing in LE. No room at all for it.

In the article they state that there had been several break-ins by young black males in the complex. But if anyone says that here it seems that the response has been that GZ made those stories up.

See, this is where I am confused? We have all seen the reports of the burglaries. We know of the ones who have been caught which, you are correct, the majority are black males. However, I have never seen anyone here deny that?

Were any of these calls made by George? Except for the Frank one? I think it was the actual victims who called in?

George on the other hand, IMO, has a tendency (a severe one) to over exaggerate everything. Every movement, his mind is thinking a mile a minute and trying to decifer what is wrong with that movement. Too a normal person, we would not think anything about it. To George, he pushes it to an extreme.

George's calls to LE, seem to be more fantasy than reality.

MOO

Grandma, that's pretty comprehensive. A couple extras for our peeps here:

- NO sleuthing of neighbors, milkmen, postal service workers, the sister's orthodontist's cousin, etc. whose names might turn up in said docs but who have only peripheral relation to this case.
- If a doc is unredacted and you do not have the ability to black out the info Gram and I have outlined above, DO NOT POST THE DOCUMENT.
- Tip your mods generously and frequently.

I think that it's, Grandmaj. ;)

Awwwww.. and I had so much DIRT on the MILKMAN ... :sigh:

Dershowitz doesn't mince words, lol.....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/dershowitz-trayvon-prosecutor-overreached-with-murder-charge/

Dershowitz: Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case overreached with murder charge

“If I were this prosecutor, I’d be hiring a lawyer at this point,” Dershowitz said of Angela Cory, the Florida state attorney and special prosecutor who Gov. Rick Scott appointed to handle the case.

Dershowitz leveled his bombshell charges in an interview Wednesday with Fox News' Megyn Kelly. The Harvard law professor, noted for winning an acquittal of Claus Von Bulow in the case that inspired the film “Reversal of Fortune,” said Cory overreached by charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder. And he said the affidavit she filed in support of the charges was illegal because it did not include evidence favorable to Zimmerman.

“This affidavit submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a crime.”

I'm thinkin' it's not likely that AC is in any danger. I think she's too smart to do something that stupid. Dershowitz is a defense attorney so he's going to look at it that way, plus he may not have all the facts and forensics.

Also, 2 things

O J Simpson
Claus Von Bulow

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...tin--20120425_1_pit-bull-pepper-spray-big-boi

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather — the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.

Did we ever figure out what these things are in the grass near the crime scene? I took a screen shot from a video, and if you watch it, you can see that there are more than 1 of whatever they are on the grass/ground. Tracy is standing just a few feet away from where Trayvon's body was. :(
Here's the video link:
Retracing Trayvon Martin's Final Steps Before Vigilante George Zimmerman Lynched Him - YouTube

Here's one pic:

tmsomethingongrasscrime.jpg
Looks like drainage pipes to me...
We have lots of retention ponds and drainage pipes in Florida due to the exorbitant amounts of rain (haha not lately) we usually have...

Oh, well, if the person has to get up on the stand and testify how he was able to take this picture, then I can see where it would be allowed. Sounds good to me. Is his IPhone going to be taken in as evidence too? It would be nice to have an actual record of the picture being taken?

MOO

I'm not a lawyer, so it's just a personal opinion - I think if the defense wanted to introduce the pic, the state could issue a subpoena to examine the phone to determine the photo's authenticity and see what, if any, other photos from that night might be on the phone. If any were found that benefit the state's case, they might be able to get those into evidence, too. JMO.

Looks like drainage pipes to me...
We have lots of retention ponds and drainage pipes in Florida due to the exorbitant amounts of rain (haha not lately) we usually have...

Looks like that to me, too. Might be called a concrete downspout or diverter?

Remember the Sound Off forum, peeps.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=484"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=484[/ame]

Could also be that hard plastic like what pipes are made out of. Could be for the sprinkler system, cable lines, telephone lines.

In the article they state that there had been several break-ins by young black males in the complex. But if anyone says that here it seems that the response has been that GZ made those stories up.

That's hardly an elephant in the room.

I will say this... my family has made me the person I am today. My history in this amazing Country, The United States of America, through my family, has made me who I am today. The women and men in my family, before I was even a thought, before my mother or father were even a thought, worked for people's rights in this Country. They fought hard and they believed they had won that fight, but obviously, they have not. My family stood side by side with Women's Rights, Civil Rights for different Races, and Child Labor Laws. A great, proud moment in OUR History! And here we are, again, back where it all started.

All that is needed, is HUMAN DECENCY!

MOO

So with the eyes of the world on this case, someone is actually suggesting that Angela Corey is lying and withholding information, and committing a crime? I am so sure that this happened, I mean really. I can see someone that the governor of the state appointed is really going to lie, leave things out, make things up, and just put whatever she wanted to put in an affidavit that a judge has to sign.

~jmo~

IANAL, but with a quick search this link verifies the affidavit of probable cause is to justify a warrant or arrest, it says nothing about presenting any exculpatory or defense evidence. I think that becomes an issue at the trial:

An affidavit of probable cause is a sworn statement, typically made by a police officer, that outlines the factual justification for why a judge should consent to an arrest or search warrant or why an arrest made during a crime-in-progress was based on solid evidence that the person in custody is the person who is likely to have committed the crime. "Probable cause" is the reasonable belief, based on credible facts or situations, that a crime is (or has been) committed; "probable cause" is also a good-faith belief that some material evidence to a crime (a person or object) will be found in a particular location at a particular time.

Read more: Affidavit of Probable Cause | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5445177_affidavit-probable-cause.html#ixzz1t7aerRP1

Another quote:

As part of pretrial conferencing, defense attorneys may challenge the validity of any warrant based on a lack of sufficient probable cause. This is done at a show-cause hearing, which is an optional step in the criminal trial process; during such a hearing, defense counsel will attempt to show that there was insufficient probable cause for a warrant to be issued. If the defense prevails, than any evidence obtained from that warrant is not admissible at trial.

They've had several hearings now, including GZ making a plea and being put on bond, and I notice that MOM has not made any objection to the affidavit that Ms. Corey made and the judge signed to arrest GZ and charge him. I think I trust MOM's decision about this more than someone who is not involved in defending GZ. He seems to be very competent to me and has a good reputation as far as I can tell.

Did we ever figure out what these things are in the grass near the crime scene? I took a screen shot from a video, and if you watch it, you can see that there are more than 1 of whatever they are on the grass/ground. Tracy is standing just a few feet away from where Trayvon's body was. :(
Here's the video link:
Retracing Trayvon Martin's Final Steps Before Vigilante George Zimmerman Lynched Him - YouTube

Here's one pic:

tmsomethingongrasscrime.jpg

Probably sprinkler control boxes or water meters. Most now days have plastic lids.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...tin--20120425_1_pit-bull-pepper-spray-big-boi

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather — the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.

Zimmerman worked at a mortgage risk-management company at the time of the shooting and his wife is in nursing school. A website was set up to collect donations for Zimmerman's defense fund. It is unclear how much has been raised.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-on-bail-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-case?lite

How do we reckon the two?

Zimmerman worked at a mortgage risk-management company at the time of the shooting and his wife is in nursing school. A website was set up to collect donations for Zimmerman's defense fund. It is unclear how much has been raised.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-on-bail-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-case?lite

How do we reckon the two?

IIRC, GZ was assigned to underwriting.

That function involves risk management ... for mortagages. Fraud falls under risk management.

IMO, he may have never gone into an office. He may have been sent boxes of files to work on at home. JMHO.

This is why Joe hesitated when they drilled him regarding if he ever saw GZ at the office.

IMO, they could have both been working at home offices - telecommuting for this big mortgage clearance paper monster of a firm.

I'm pretty sure she won't comment, either, but it won't be for the reason you mention.

I as well am certain she will not comment as well but I bet she is squirming in her chair right now....or hiring a good lawyer.

Tracy is standing just a few feet away from where Trayvon's body was. :(
Tracy is standing just a few feet away from where Trayvon's body was. In the video there is the black enclosed patio - the cut-through where that black porch is in the background. I hope they try and see if there are any sounds in the background of Zimmerman's 911 call that might have come from there, the sound of the door latch, the sliding of an aluminum patio chair on concrete, squeaky ceiling fan, a bucket or puddle from the rainwater drops, Zimmerman's fingerprints! etc. Also: Mr. Tracy in that video describes where the body of Travon was found and the position. With the feet to that sidewalk, as told to him by detectives. BUT This is not the position nor the location of the yellow tarp with the body of Trayvon under it that is seen in the original crime scene video on that night. That body was in the grass nearer to the open porch. There is a still shot of that posted here a day or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa