Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What's wierd Charlie, is that the infant was found in Sierra county....but it's assigned to Washoe county coroner??? Why the interstate cooperation there????

I think it's the close proximity to a bigger city. Some elko crimes are worked by washoe county detectives. Some does out there have someone here in town assigned to them.

K I've made my notes, now whether or not the detective returns my email I will make a phone call tomorrow and start making my official case inquiry with the police.

Later in the week I'll make my way to the church and see what I cane turn up.

Well, here's hoping someone at least calls you back. You're contacting Washoe Co. Sheriff's office, right?

I don't think any speculation is that far fetched Charlie. Scenarios as violent and "wierd" like my last one, seem to happen with alarming frequency. Any scenario you can come up to explain a murdered woman, with Eastern European dental work, in Sheep Flats, is worthy of consideration in my opinion. Clearly, WCS can't come up with a better one. And haven't in 28 years.
Such a shame!!!

I really hope you get to talk to someone soon. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Go Team Charlie!
:woohoo:

Yes, she's on the list. The site incorrectly list her as "male symbol". She can be found by Rt 431 Northeast on the Mt Rose highway between Montreux Golf Club and Rolling Hills. It's near end of Rt 431 highway. All you need is to hit the + key two times & drag the map down to see the male symbol.

Charlie, you can be smiling now.

I already checked with the library today and I'm gonna go down there and check up some microfilm today and see if I can shed some light on the case.

Okay, here's another scenario (which might even be probable):

Maybe she was a sex worker at one of the ranches. Has an "off-duty" affair with a customer, he doesn't handle her "career" very well and he invites her to go swimming at the Lake (she had a bathing suit on under her clothes) ---- his intent is to get her alone.
When she doesn't return to "work", nobody inquires too deeply because let's face it: nature of that business is: they come and they go. So to speak.
What do you think?

It could be.

I think we should stick to what we know right now. Depending on where the scar is located and how old it is we can go a few ways.

1- apendectomy scar.

2- c section scar- older than one year- any abandoned children under a certain age.

3- fresh c section scar- how fresh?- abandoned infant from 2/24/82?

Also how many 5'5" 1/2 girls at 112 lbs wear a size medium? I know it's 1982 sizes but still, that's a small woman.

I agree...very small woman. Her bone structure in the post mortem photos show a "delicate" frame. (Her neck)
Still, if I recall my "fashion" tips from back then - "baggy" was "IN" in 1982.
IN EUROPE.
Here in the States, I'm not sure what was going on....but that might be an indicator of long she had been in the States.

5'4" and 120 lbs is on the small side of average, but not really small. I was about that size in 1982. Wearing a medium top and swimsuit probably indicates she wasn't small-breasted.

Another thing bugging me:

"yellow tennis shoes".

I've always noticed that Americans use the words "sneaker" and "tennis shoe" interchangably to mean any kind of athletic shoe.

But in 1982 a YELLOW shoe would be unusual. Reeboks were the number selling athletic shoe that year, but mainly the white low top with the Union Jack on the side. They came out in 82 andwere the number one athletic shoe in the world. Black and white hi-tops didn't follow until about maybe 84???

a YELLOW athletic shoe of any kind, stands out to me.
Most popular brands in the early 80's were:
Reebok (#1)
Adidas
Nike

I looked and could not find a "yellow" shoe in any of these lines for that time frame.

I do remember seeing brightly colored Puma sneakers in the early 80's and have sent the company an e-mail --- if they say "yes", and this girl was wearing Yellow Puma's, then we know our girl came through western Europe anyway.
Puma was/is the number one athletic shoe in Europe. Now owned by a Swiss company but at the time, it was a German manufacturer.

I've heard Europeans say that they can always spot an American by his or her shoes.

I've heard Europeans say that they can always spot an American by his or her shoes.

Absolutely true. Goes the other way too. I can always spot a foriegn national by their shoes, and sometimes can even pick it down to the country of origin. Same goes for jewelry ---

Pay dirt!

Just left the library with 3 microfilm copies plus a new sketch.

I'll copy the articles once I'm home and post the sketch.

Pay dirt!

Just left the library with 3 microfilm copies plus a new sketch.

I'll copy the articles once I'm home and post the sketch.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

So glad!

Will let you know as soon I hear back from Puma - I sent a note to their offices in Germany and also in New York.

It was a total movie moment. I scrolled across and then bam! Her face was staring back at mine.

She was autopsied on Sunday the 18th.

In one of the first articles they mention a search for more victims. There are some descrepencies about her shoes and bathing suit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMonique24
Back