The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

animlzrule

Reaction score
New Docuseries to begin airing 9/18/16 on CBS

"Twenty years after her death—in which 140 suspects have been cleared of the crime, including her parents, John and Patsy—the high-profile puzzler remains unsolved. A “dream team” of investigators chronicled in the upcoming six-hour docuseries The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey (premieres September 18, 8:30/7:30c, CBS) claims to have cracked the case."

Thought I'd provide a link to the Real Crime Profile podcast. Episode 36 is a discussion of the upcoming docuseries, and a bit about the team comprised to re-do the investigation. The team includes Jim Clemente, a retired FBI profiler, and Laura Richards, formerly of Scotland yard. To hear them speak about their investigation, theirs is the end all be all of all of these anniversary shows that are popping up.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/real-crime-profile/id1081244497?mt=2

https://www.facebook.com/Real-Crime-Profile-1197397233613178/

I hope they know that a stun gun and air taser are two different things with two different actions.

Do any of these people check the facts?

BBM:
"In this clip from the first installment, the team uses a brave sergeant from the Telluride Marshal’s department to help test a theory by the late Colorado Springs detective Lou Smit that a stun gun or an air taser was used to subdue JonBenét, based on marks on her body. The results may surprise you."

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/15/jonbenet-ramsey-case-of-stun-gun-theory-tested

The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey: See the stun gun theory tested
September 15 2016

video

"In this clip from the first installment, the team
uses a brave sergeant from the
Telluride Marshal’s department to help test
a theory by the late Colorado Springs
detective Lou Smit that a stun gun
or an air taser was used to subdue JonBenét,
based on marks on her body.
The results may surprise you."

I hope they know that a stun gun and air taser are two different things with two different actions.

Do any of these people check the facts?

BBM:
"In this clip from the first installment, the team uses a brave sergeant from the Telluride Marshal’s department to help test a theory by the late Colorado Springs detective Lou Smit that a stun gun or an air taser was used to subdue JonBenét, based on marks on her body. The results may surprise you."

Probably, BOESP. Remember, Smit's claim was that an Air Taser, once the prongs had been shot, operates like a normal stun gun. That was what Smit thought was used.

Probably, BOESP. Remember, Smit's claim was that an Air Taser, once the prongs had been shot, operates like a normal stun gun. That was what Smit thought was used.

Thanks SuperDave. I had forgotten that, probably because it is such a ludicrous idea or else that ole Intruder was a really lousy shot with the air taser. :gaah:

Jim Clemente (SP?) was just on the Talk discussing the upcoming CBS show. Talked about the RN and played a clip (James Kolar, Dr Lee and others are in it). They asked if he has idea of who did it and he said that the 6 of them (investigators in the CBS show) all concluded the same thing (didn't say what...we have to watch the show). Talked about reconstructing the house. Can't wait to watch.

Jim Clemente (SP?) was just on the Talk discussing the upcoming CBS show. Talked about the RN and played a clip (James Kolar, Dr Lee and others are in it). They asked if he has idea of who did it and he said that the 6 of them (investigators in the CBS show) all concluded the same thing (didn't say what...we have to watch the show). Talked about reconstructing the house. Can't wait to watch.

I know..finally something that sounds like it's worth watching. I'm starting to confuse the specials, but once I saw John Mark Karr's face, I had to stop watching the last one. Why on earth would anyone give that guy another 2 seconds worth of fame, never mind sit down for a faux interview with him? Maddening.

I know..finally something that sounds like it's worth watching. I'm starting to confuse the specials, but once I saw John Mark Karr's face, I had to stop watching the last one. Why on earth would anyone give that guy another 2 seconds worth of fame, never mind sit down for a faux interview with him? Maddening.

I know. That creep should be locked away, out of sight and out of mind.

FOX news reported that 6 of the original investigators will converge on this CBS series and will SOLVE the case and tells us who did it.

Hints during clips "The RN was written by a woman with materials used in the house, the only woman in the house was PR."
'The tDNA is irrelevant and is linked to the packaging process of the underpants."

Because he continues to maintain that he was in the R home with another person (from the pageant business) and was right there when JBR was killed - ACCIDENTALLY - by this other person whom he will not name because it was not murder but an accident and he will not have anyone else subjected to the horrific coverage by the media that he suffered.

He is a damaged person. Damaged in childhood. His family told LE he was with them for Christmas in either Ga or AL, I forget. He was no where near Boulder, but he was wanted for child *advertiser censored* possession in Oregon at the time of his arrest in Thailand, the home of foreign pedophiles.

FOX news reported that 6 of the original investigators will converge on this CBS series and will SOLVE the case and tells us who did it.

Hints during clips "The RN was written by a woman with materials used in the house, the only woman in the house was PR."
'The tDNA is irrelevant and is linked to the packaging process of the underpants."

So it appears that the 2 hours removed at the last minute will not alter the show's ultimate conclusion? Good to hear, if it's true.

I still feel uncomfortable that they may point a finger at an innocent person, and a conclusion of "intruder ruled out" is a better option.

So it appears that the 2 hours removed at the last minute will not alter the show's ultimate conclusion? Good to hear, if it's true.

I still feel uncomfortable that they may point a finger at an innocent person, and a conclusion of "intruder ruled out" is a better option.

Their lawyers are not going to let them risk a lawsuit.

Their lawyers are not going to let them risk a lawsuit.

CBS can afford to defend any lawsuit brought by JR or BR.

BR is now a public figure who agreed to be interviewed on national TV (and presumably compensated for it). In order for a public figure to prevail in a slander/libel lawsuit he or she has to show "actual malice" in the communications of the defendants. So the bar is very high and as CBS is using experts and appears to be going into a great deal of detail about the case, if they conclude a Ramsey or Ramseys did it, it would be very difficult to prove actual malice on their part.

I know James Kolar was careful in his book, but Burke's interview with Dr. Phil is potentially a game changer here. If Burke sues, he's not likely to prevail because of his status as a voluntary public figure. And he will have to sit for a deposition under oath. After seeing him on DP, my guess is that would not go well for him or JR.

CBS can afford to defend any lawsuit brought by JR or BR.

BR is now a public figure who agreed to be interviewed on national TV (and presumably compensated for it). In order for a public figure to prevail in a slander/libel lawsuit he or she has to show "actual malice" in the communications of the defendants. So the bar is very high and as CBS is using experts and appears to be going into a great deal of detail about the case, if they conclude a Ramsey or Ramseys did it, it would be very difficult to prove actual malice on their part.

I know James Kolar was careful in his book, but Burke's interview with Dr. Phil is potentially a game changer here. If Burke sues, he's not likely to prevail because of his status as a voluntary public figure. And he will have to sit for a deposition under oath. After seeing him on DP, my guess is that would not go well for him or JR.

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members