ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a half a beat...but then I'm around kids all day long.
Hey, where is everybody? Is it night time on the other side of the world?
I check in daily as well...wish we knew more about what LE is doing.

Welcome! :welcome4:
I have no doubt QPS are working around the clock on this one. Aussies will be waking shortly - Hump Day.

The Highway of Tears - I bet that story won't be made into a movie anytime soon - not like Wolf Creek! IMO

Agree with the point the article makes about 'race'!

http://larvatusprodeo.net/archives/2...itt-lapthorne/

I have to ask (putting it out there for discussion) - is there anything wrong with vicarious grief and what is the alternative? Should we perhaps turn a blind eye and a cold shoulder?

My personal belief is that a large majority of people are moved by other people's grief as it is a part of our collective unconscious.

An example of this is what occurred yesterday in the NT, when we saw the coroner's emotion concerning a case that was over 30 years old, when she apologised to the Chamberlain family. IMO

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8482143/decision-on-azarias-death-imminent

Hi Curious,

I didn't understand the sunflower symbolism either. lol...

Hi Mani,
Well that's my explanation for mine. I can't talk for everyone obviously but that is why I have done mine. Others have done it for their own reasons. I can't see the big deal. I think it's nice.

Hi Kimster
Flat white please, no sugar!!!

I also think your avatar frame is lovely and Aussie expat's ephemeral and beautiful!

It's just a flower! A gesture in her memory! Too much overanalysing IMO.

I think the point made about vicarious grief is a valid one though. If put to a vote (in the population of Brisbane), you would see a divide in what people view as 'normal' in regards to grief for someone they don't know.

I for one do not believe I am living vicariously through the death of Allison and I understand the meaning of vicarious grief.

I do however view Allison as 'everywoman' as I have said before. She is representative to me of the woman next door and there before the grace of God go I.

I cannot pretend that her death has not moved me. The MSM have reported that people everywhere are talking about this case and we here are choosing to do it online and a big Shout Out to WS for enabling us to give voice to our thoughts and feelings. IMHO

I think the point made about vicarious grief is a valid one though. If put to a vote, you would see a divide in what people view as 'normal'.

I just see it as a sign of solidarity for a mother who was cowardly murdered.

EDIT: It amazes me how people in general are much more outspoken in social media or forums than what they would be if they were face to face with the other person they are communicating with. I notice this here and also in FB. Much of what is said under the cover of social media would not be said to the person directly. IMO.

EDIT: It amazes me how people in general are much more outspoken in social media or forums than what they would be if they were face to face with the other person they are communicating with. I notice this here and also in FB. Much of what is said under the cover of social media would not be said to the person directly. IMO.

CC agreed, it was a cowardly act.

I think the point made about vicarious grief is an interesting one and I have viewed the post as objective. As I have said, I hadn't understood the sunflowers and I haven't been away like the other member. I also hadn't seen everyone's avatars and after people posted about them, went looking offline. :)

I think without varying viewpoints, things might become pedestrian, so I value member's contributions that might be different to mine. It takes a while on here to get to know member's personalities and that they come in Peace! lol

Live and let live, is my opinion. If it isn't hurting anybody just let it all be.

I must agree caseclosed, social media seems to be a forum where we hide behind a keyboard and can say what we like about others. Personally I think it is a form of bullying, just because you can't see someone's face or because they don't know yours is not a reason to let go of our social graces.

I have found this site very judgemental and very quick to attack. At one stage it was like running to the teacher, every time someone posted something that wasn't totally (and in some cases outrageously sympathetic to Allison) someone was saying "against TOS".

Lets try to be more accepting of each other, both on this site and in the real world.

Live and let live, is my opinion. If it isn't hurting anybody just let it all be.

I must agree caseclosed, social media seems to be a forum where we hide behind a keyboard and can say what we like about others. Personally I think it is a form of bullying, just because you can't see someone's face or because they don't know yours is not a reason to let go of our social graces.

I have found this site very judgemental and very quick to attack. At one stage it was like running to the teacher, every time someone posted something that wasn't totally (and in some cases outrageously sympathetic to Allison) someone was saying "against TOS".

Lets try to be more accepting of each other, both on this site and in the real world.

Yes, and because social media can be a medium for bullying, I've made it a point of being a "friend" on my 13 y.o. daughter's FB page, and I have interjected on 3 occasions when someone else was becoming a bit aggressive and out of line. It worked, because the shut up instantly!

agreed expat

someone did mention that once the all details were known, they'd be a lot harder to accept, not that i am basing my opinion on that. yet, hey, when money is considered to be more important than human life, it's nauseating...

IMO BANG ON. This is where my mind wandering led me to last night after digging around at all the info available on the ATO & ASIC, too many red flags and I thought back to the very little, yet succint, information we've heard directly from those investigating this that I could not wander away from this scenario above. IMO, the possibility of numerous persons being charged with serious high level fraud may just be key for them to get their murder charge that will stand up in any court of appeal. Those red flags, I'm starting to think it alarmed them as soon as they discovered it (possibly before she was found, thinking back to the changes we heard, POI, Missing Person Case, day she was found 'we've been treating this as an unlawful homicide investigation for some time') has told them a lot more than any one witness has yet...excluding possible accessories and evidence.
IMO of course.

Parkerp, I'd love to sleuth the ATO/ASIC/Fraud angle more - unless I am misunderstanding, it sounds like you and others have unearthed a web of companies and ASIC activity linked to the BCs? Is it possible to post a list of the company names? Perhaps then it is possible to search for real estate holdings in those names? Not sure how much further we could sleuth this angle but it might lead to something constructive...

agreed expat

someone did mention that once the all details were known, they'd be a lot harder to accept, not that i am basing my opinion on that. yet, hey, when money is considered to be more important than human life, it's nauseating...

IMO BANG ON. This is where my mind wandering led me to last night after digging around at all the info available on the ATO & ASIC, too many red flags and I thought back to the very little, yet succint, information we've heard directly from those investigating this that I could not wander away from this scenario above. IMO, the possibility of numerous persons being charged with serious high level fraud may just be key for them to get their murder charge that will stand up in any court of appeal. Those red flags, I'm starting to think it alarmed them as soon as they discovered it (possibly before she was found, thinking back to the changes we heard, POI, Missing Person Case, day she was found 'we've been treating this as an unlawful homicide investigation for some time') has told them a lot more than any one witness has yet...excluding possible accessories and evidence.
IMO of course.
PARKERP and RATIONAL: Just logged on to these outstanding posts by both of you. It always seemed like there was much more to this. That old saying: 'where there is smoke, there is fire!' rings true again. Good sleuthing.

WHO was Allison Baden-Clay? She was the wall print of Van Gogh's Sunflowers that hangs over her living room.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/eve...or/story-e6frfkvr-1226347315119#ixzz1xcnA9UXX

http://www.news.com.au/national/eve...e-girl-next-door/story-e6frfkvr-1226347315119

<Mod Snip>.

OMG KtK - you have brought tears to my eyes! I have not read this article so I didn't know where the sunflower symbol came from. I have just posted that Allison is like the woman next door and that is what is written in the article.

I've removed all the discussion about sunflowers and avatars. If you like it fine if you don't that's fine too, just move on by it. Drop the discussion about it and lets get back to Allison.

Ima

I think I better stick to having Kimsters coffee today....
coffee.gif

I think I better stick to having Kimsters coffee today....
coffee.gif

me too! it's already looking risky out there! (I should be working anyway)
at the risk of getting into trouble...I love your painting Willough
and Kimster...I love the pile of old suitcases. For some reason that made me feel very much at "home" in this forum.

me too! it's already looking risky out there! (I should be working anyway)
at the risk of getting into trouble...I love your painting Willough
and Kimster...I love the pile of old suitcases. For some reason that made me feel very much at "home" in this forum.

I wish I was that gifted, that I could paint something so lovely. Just found it googling. The suitcases got me too. To me, it made me think of my family coming out from France.....with their vintage suit cases (as they were pretty poor back then). Makes me also wish I was somwhere, where there IS SUNSHINE, RIGHT NOW!!!! Cold here in the forest area east of Melbourne.

HUGS.... XOX

PARKERP and RATIONAL: Just logged on to these outstanding posts by both of you. It always seemed like there was much more to this. That old saying: 'where there is smoke, there is fire!' rings true again. Good sleuthing.

Thanks Fuskier
Strangely enough I was strongly leaning towards the DV angle until I started reading through some old threads yesterday and read the one (sorry cannot remember the poster) who relayed the overheard comment from GBC at the Brookfield show where he was telling someone, apparently fairly blasé, that the MSM had found out about the affair and was going to publish it.

I was amazed that someone at their first public outing (at the Brookfield Show ground where the command post for the search had been established and which he did not attend once), and only shortly after the funeral of his daughter's mother, could come out with something like that.

I thought to myself if someone can be so 'Teflon coated' against general feelings, and so totally unfeeling towards his daughters and the Dickies (they will read the papers in years to come and will see their father coming out openly about the affair irrespective of what he may be telling them in private) that there had to be far more to this murder than DV, or the affair with TM.

What a terrible web some people can weave. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member