GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from Macon and still live near by. I feel that we will soon see the investigation start spreading into surroundings rural counties. The ones with plenty of wooded running trails and possibly hunting camps.
I have a hard time believing that Mcd could have carried Lauren to his apartment and then dismembered her, she was an athlete he was a wiry lil guy. If he did in her apartment then there would have been plenty of blood residue for the police to find.
This whole case is bizarre, le has started searching some of the downtown running areas, I.e. Rosehill and Shirley Hills (which is across the river) all are within a 2 mile radis of the apartment.
The person or persons that did this had to have some knowledge of anatomy and the clean up of the aftermath of a kill. A med student,a taxidermist, a hunter, a doctor or a butcher and at the very least a highly intellectual person who could have watched and planned for the right time to strike.
The running club may be the key. Here in Macon is called the hash house harriers or Mgh4 it consist of people from all walks of life. I just cannot fathom a dismembered being an impromptu act to hide a murder.
Also has the family confirmed the whereabouts of her dog Butterbean?
I would like to add we call people hoodlums and thugs here in Macon, so the word would not be odd to use in conversation, around here.
This is my first post please let me know your thoughts.
My theories are just that THEORIES.

IMO, I think that "" is more commonly used today than hoodlum.

Yes thugs is more common (at least in text when people are being polite). But these folks were lawyers that defended thugs for a living, they are supposed to be "progressive" and such hence the different not so stereotypical terms.

Also people please remember this kid JUST GRADUATED from Mercer Law School too! He is NOT some weird janitor that sits around all day doing nothing but obsessing over his pretty blond neighbor. He was EXTREMELY busy and working hard to graduate, then working hard in preparation of the bar exam! He has NO PAST HISTORY of violence, cruelty, unstable rude behavior, weird writings or diaries, etc....

I mean come on, is it really likely he thought "Hey I just worked my <modsnip> off for 3 years and finally graduated law school! I need to celebrate! Instead of going to Disney Land I think I will dismember my neighbor and then spend a couple of weeks in the Bibb County Jail as the prime suspect to a horrendous murder which I will likely never live down...which will probably ruin every chance I have of a successful professional life, and will taint me forever even if they do convict some other guy for the killing. It will be a heck of a good time and after THAT I will buckle down and ace that bar exam!"

My response was that I don't think anyone seems capable of such a crime. Who do you know that you would say "oh yeah, of course he did it!" It's an inhuman thing, and most people would be shocked no matter who the killer turns out to be.

No one can know the motivations and such of other people. I think one has to look beyond that when asking themselves "is this person capable of this". I think it is a matter of asking yourself who WOULD be capable of something this grisly if they had too do it, if their back was against the wall and it was do or die.

Motivation aside if you think about it you probably know some folks that probably could dismember a corpse if they had to, whereas you know other folks that absolutely could not deal with it, they would fall apart and simply become overwhelmed and would never pull it off. That is the question and when I look at McDaniel I just don't see it in him.

~ SNIP Hello Everyone,
I have been following your posts from page one. I do not live in Macon but have three friends who live there and were close friends of Lauren. I have been in contact with them frequently discussing the possibilities of what happened to Lauren. I was aware of the search for Lauren prior to the horrific outcome.
We were hoping and praying for her safe return.
And then her body was found.
Needless to say, we are heartbroken. ~ SNIP

Hello, Sandstorm. My condolences to you and your friends. As I've read more and more about Lauren, I've imagined LG as a friend of mine. It sounds like she was very goodhearted and I've been wondering if maybe, for that reason, she didn't outright rebuff McD's advances, if he was indeed making advances toward her, nor complain to her friends about him. Maybe she was uncomfortable around McD, but was trying to be sensitive to his feelings.

I'm wondering if McD was a hunter. Would your friend who grew up in Macon know this, Sandstorm? Perhaps he truly imagined himself a knight from the middle ages. It seems odd that he would be particularly drawn to Lauren, although she was pretty and personable, because I'm sure she towered over him...but, perhaps McD considered LG as a conquest more from the perspective of a hunter rather than as a suitor?

I'm still contemplating a connection with the Edna Baines homicide, too, because of the similarities in the disposal of the bodies. Might McD have been familiar with the Baines case from law school, or even remembered the case in the MSM years ago?

I really hope LE will have some conclusive evidence next week and be ready to make an arrest.

I am from Macon and still live near by. I feel that we will soon see the investigation start spreading into surroundings rural counties. The ones with plenty of wooded running trails and possibly hunting camps.
I have a hard time believing that Mcd could have carried Lauren to his apartment and then dismembered her, she was an athlete he was a wiry lil guy. If he did in her apartment then there would have been plenty of blood residue for the police to find.
This whole case is bizarre, le has started searching some of the downtown running areas, I.e. Rosehill and Shirley Hills (which is across the river) all are within a 2 mile radis of the apartment.
The person or persons that did this had to have some knowledge of anatomy and the clean up of the aftermath of a kill. A med student,a taxidermist, a hunter, a doctor or a butcher and at the very least a highly intellectual person who could have watched and planned for the right time to strike.
The running club may be the key. Here in Macon is called the hash house harriers or Mgh4 it consist of people from all walks of life. I just cannot fathom a dismembered being an impromptu act to hide a murder.
I would like to add we call people hoodlums and thugs here in Macon, so the word would not be odd to use in conversation, around here.
I think you've made excellent points, as did Sandstorm in posts earlier today. We're glad to have the two of you and other new members posting here for Lauren.

:welcome5:

Thanks for the posts about "hoodlums." I hope I didn't offend anyone! I had no idea it was a common term.

I hope that nothing happened to LG while she was out running. :( I treasure the time I spend running, and it turns my stomach to think about it.

Motivation aside if you think about it you probably know some folks that probably could dismember a corpse if they had to, whereas you know other folks that absolutely could not deal with it, they would fall apart and simply become overwhelmed and would never pull it off. That is the question and when I look at McDaniel I just don't see it in him.

I guess it's too hard for me to imagine people I know having to dismember a corpse. Motivation seems like the only thing that would matter when faced with that task. But I am second guessing myself a lot here lately.

I do think you make a strong case for an innocent McD. And I do think that this is devastating for him if he is just a weird neighbor in a horrific mix up. Words fail at just how terrible that would be for him. But he did wind up in a really bizarre situation, and he has admitted to stealing personal items from different neighbors, which unfortunately has cast him into the POI territory. But I do think that theories and opinions are all subject to change at any given time.

Welcome, Macontime!

I absolutely agree that the perp had to be experienced with cutting up a body. You're right, too, that it's unlikely McD could carry LG - probably not even 2' across the floor, let alone to the next apartment or down the stairs. That could be why he chose to dismember her - so he could completely dispose of the body. He would've needed to plan this murder carefully, in minute detail (and, as people here have noted regarding McD's interviews, he seems very focused on minute details).

While it's possible that someone followed LG to a running trail and attacked her there, I doubt she would've gone running alone that late at night. But, if the killing and dismemberment took place in a remote, wooded area, evidence would be much easier to conceal. What, then, would be the purpose of dumping the torso in front of LG's home? Maybe to let LE and family know she was dead, but without revealing cause of death?

Welcome! I absolutely agree with the statements above. I live in a rural part Jones County and yes, the woods would be an obvious best place, not only for dismemberment but also for storage and leaving various parts. In the woods no one is likely to find anything until hunting season and then only if it is really really obvious. Well I don't think the authorities are going to try and search the woods (they gave up on the landfill after 1 day, and I don't believe they can know for sure nothing was there). Searching the woods would be impossible in this area.

I also agree with your assessment of the person that did this. This was NOT some random psycho killer that decided to go into downtown Macon and kill a pretty law student, this is a very intelligent individual that is almost certainly associated with Mercer (seeing as how there aren't that many highly intelligent intellectuals around these here parts). They likely do have knowledge of criminal investigations, anatomy, things of that nature and I think there is a very good chance they were studying one of those topics (medicine or law, leaning towards law, sure physics/math types would have the brains too, just usually not the emotional motivation).

This case is so utterly fascinating. The nerves of steel and arrogance of the killer is astounding (assuming it goes cold and all).

No one would be offended by " hoodlum" except one lol. The mother made a comment to the Macon Telegraph that Lauren died doing what she loved and that Le told her that Lauren probably didn't see it coming.
Think about it. If running is therapy for you and you are stressed or overwhelmed you run or you have a set routine and route or so I'm told.
Mpd seems to be window dressing in this case. The FBI IS behind the scenes calling the shots or so one would thing, yet I have not heard one peep out of them.
The next few days should be very telling.
I agree that Mcd seems be a pawn in all of this.

http://www.13wmaz.com/video/1034267397001/0/Video-of-McDaniels-entire-court-appearance-on-Friday

I listened to the video on McD's court appearance again. Investigator's are attempting to locate former tenants in an effort to see if they can produce additional burglary charges. I wonder if this is based on burglary police reports or if the apartment rental agency gave them a list of tenant's for the previous three years?

Wish we could see the warrants, I really want to know what he took.

No offense by inquiring about "hoodlum". Maybe it's a southern term, depending on what part of the country you are from, PlainJaneDoe.

Regarding the comment about LG going out for a run at night...you don't run at night in Macon - ANYWHERE - but especially downtown on a Saturday night unless you are begging for trouble. Because of HOODLUMS!

Welcome, Macontime!

I absolutely agree that the perp had to be experienced with cutting up a body. You're right, too, that it's unlikely McD could carry LG - probably not even 2' across the floor, let alone to the next apartment or down the stairs. That could be why he chose to dismember her - so he could completely dispose of the body. He would've needed to plan this murder carefully, in minute detail (and, as people here have noted regarding McD's interviews, he seems very focused on minute details).

While it's possible that someone followed LG to a running trail and attacked her there, I doubt she would've gone running alone that late at night. But, if the killing and dismemberment took place in a remote, wooded area, evidence would be much easier to conceal. What, then, would be the purpose of dumping the torso in front of LG's home? Maybe to let LE and family know she was dead, but without revealing cause of death?

Thanks,
There was an interview in the telegraph, Mr K. Recalled the first time Lauren ran with he and his group(never called group by name) when she was in Milledgeville Ga and thought a creek. Was shallow and ran thru it and sank.
Her hashers name was "Swamp Douche Barbi ". The group names all first timers after there first run. I feel that someone in the group knows A LOT MORE THAN ANY ONE IS Saying. This Mr. K also mentioned texting Lauren the night of 5-25-11 and I believe he insinuated that the email was sent to him( this part I am not sure of).
The body being placed back at the apartment complex insures it will be found and identified. This I think shows caring for Lauren and her friends and family by giving closure to the whole horrible thing. What's worse wondering if your friend or daughter is dead or alive somewhere being tortured or a sex slave and happless. The le keep saying they don't know where or WHEN Lauren was killed. Think about it a simple temperature reading from the torso should be able to help with that, unless :the torso was frozen and thawed in summer heat. Or if the organs had been removed as well. I don't think I have even heard that mentioned, the dismemberment is bad enough for this community. . . Organs being removed would cause a lot MORE panic. (urban legend of Satanic rituals at Rosehill )

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/07/1623060/body-is-lauren-giddings-police.html

No offense by inquiring about "hoodlum". Maybe it's a southern term, depending on what part of the country you are from, PlainJaneDoe.

Regarding the comment about LG going out for a run at night...you don't run at night in Macon - ANYWHERE - but especially downtown on a Saturday night unless you are begging for trouble. Because of HOODLUMS!

A night run with a partner is not that uncommon, but if you partner shows up at your house and wants to take night run on a trail not in downtown but on a trail you and he ran with the group you might think nothing of it. Hope in his car or truck and off you go, never suspecting he's gonna kill you. My point is she knew or was at the very least associated with her killer and I really feel that the murder and aftermath didn't take place at the apartment complex.
Hoodlums isn't offensive to me at all. I use as a joke term all the time. :)

No one would be offended by " hoodlum" except one lol. The mother made a comment to the Macon Telegraph that Lauren died doing what she loved and that Le told her that Lauren probably didn't see it coming.

Does that mean they found her head? Realistically unless they found her head how could they know she died instantly? I have always thought she likely did, it was about the scene/drama not about torturing her as an individual, but the police couldn't know that unless they found her head.

And yes the FBI has been in this since day one, thank goodness, the Macon PD can relax. Fact is the FBI has some the best profilers and forensic experts in the world, it is not up to Chief Burns to manage this case and make sure everything goes right, he simply has to give press conferences. Instead of it being a rude "territory invasion" I am pretty sure the Macon PD is darn grateful for their involvement at this point.

Or maybe nothing happened Saturday night, she got up early Sunday & went for a run and someone grabbed her.

One thing that worries me, she wanted to help the indigents. Wasn't she applying to work in the public defender's office & she wanted to help people on death row? Could she have "befriended" the wrong person while on a run?

I don't know. If evidence comes back that points to McD, I will feel more prone to look at that angle. Right now I'm just not "feeling" it. It's not making sense to me.

Thanks,
There was an interview in the telegraph, Mr K...
Do you have a link to the interview, Macontime? It's the custom here at WS (a rule, actually) to post a link when mentioning an article in a post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member