LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would surprise me if any two of these innocent victims, were by any one sexual predator. Imo, virtually all were the victims of sexual predators. Just different ones. It is a mystery as to none of them being located. Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer, and Britanee Drexel, and a few more have been searched for by LE, the community, as well as professional search organizations without a clue of their locations.
---------------
Bolded the above.

Let's look at the similarities:

1. None of them have been found.
2. All of them the same "type". IMO, almost seems like they were ordered off of a "menu" by someone.

Could be different abductors with a common source of income to obtain them?

I just don't think a passing stranger would know where the bodies of other victims had been found in the past...I know all about that particular case yet had never heard of Whiskey Bay until this case came up.

Derrick Todd Lee and his conviction were national news, and the locations his victims were found in were broadcast nationally. There are books about him and even a spread on him at TruTV that mentions Whiskey Bay.

It's not like it's a terribly hidden secret or hard to find. It's a public boat launch off of a Major Interstate.

I realized yesterday that I had assumed MS & BW went to Taco Bell on Johnston & St. Mary by campus but they did not.
Anyone sitting or standing on Congress St near St Antoine could have seen them bike back to Ryan St, leave in the car for TB on Congress, return and see Mickey leave alone on her bike.

~~~

I thought this as well. Hey isnt the one by Campus closer? Why go all the way down to Congress? Am I wrong?

LA

Google map it. From Brettly's to Taco Bell on Johnston (campus) is 1.1 miles/4 minutes, and Taco Bell on Congress is 1.7 miles/6 minutes. Not much of a difference.

I just don't think a passing stranger would know where the bodies of other victims had been found in the past...I know all about that particular case yet had never heard of Whiskey Bay until this case came up.

cluciano63, a passing stranger may have, or may not have, known the history of Whiskey Bay. Just considered it a desolate area for a bike drop.
Although it is surprising what other serial killers know about serial killers past.
When arested Sean Vincent Gillis, had newspaper clippings of DTL's trail of terror in his residence.
Serial Killer Gary Hilton read novels/books by Ann Rule, James Patterson, & others & emulated the characters in the books, some real & some fictional. GMH, named and wrote the script for a movie Deadly Run; Hunting Humans(1994) -14 years before his arrest. The movie was based on Alaskan Serial killer Robert Hansen. GMH's IQ is within the top 10% of the world. It is surprising what predators know.
Guess, that is why they are so elusive.

What we don't know or won't know is what was left behind, clue wise. Because we do not have a sliver of this info to look in the right direction, all we can do is try to collaborate on this.

IMHO I believe the bike was dumped @ WB as a distraction & the perp(s) headed west. I really feel that if anyone is involved is from the Crowley/Rayne area (again MOO); 2nd scenario would be the St. Martin Parish area & the 3rd but I'm "reaching" is the two involved in J. Lockhart's case.

---------------
Bolded the above.

Let's look at the similarities:

1. None of them have been found.
2. All of them the same "type". IMO, almost seems like they were ordered off of a "menu" by someone.

Could be different abductors with a common source of income to obtain them?

Human trafficking is big business.

I'm still thinking the bicycle could have been found by a local after the abudction of Mickey. That local could then have ditched the bike at Whiskey Bay after learning about MS.

I am 99.999999% sure that she didn't leave on her own. One of my biggest reasons for feeling this way is she is one semester short of completing her BA Anthropology and had just successfully passed exams and the spring semester, her second to last semester of college. Maybe someone would leave if they failed the semester or prior to/during exams, but no student sticks out the semester and passes exams just to runaway a week later. It would make sense to run away before or during exams, not after, and not with one semester left.

On a side note, I have been trying to ignore the discussion of accounting for the donations made to find Mickey. However, I feel like there is one reason why people may question where donations are going - and that one reason is Cindy & Geogre Anthony (or is that two reasons?). Let's remember that the Shunicks sure ain't the Anthonys, folks.
Does anyone know if she had applied for grad school anywhere? Did she take the GRE? What was her major field: ethno, linguistics, archaeo, etc.?

Another person hired the PI for Mickey's family, and that was wonderful. At the same time, ACI also began investigating, on his own, WITHOUT COMPENSATION, because he's a good guy, because he's qualified, and because he CARES. If you had a loved one missing, would you not give your right arm to have as many qualified people as possible trying to find them? Maybe not - which I can't wrap my brain around. ACI deserves gratitude for his kindness and generosity. I am so glad that someone took notice and decided to help fund his efforts (just recently). Were that my kid missing, I would be BEGGING for all the help I could get. It blows my mind to see any discussion to the contrary.

My ex was a PI. He did lots of work for the Adam Walsh Foundation and another organization for missing persons, in Los Angeles, and he did it for free. Never once did anyone complain about the extra attention being given their missing loved one. Additionally, my ex also located some of the missing.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what anyone's opinion is on this. ACI is working for MICKEY and I have no doubt she would want his help in finding her.

What I did or didn't do when I had a loved one missing is of no importance in this case. That is a private matter. Thank you.

My opinion of ACI is just that.....my opinion. I didn't realize we were not to offer an opinion on his actions. The PI hired by Mickeys' FAMILY seems to be fair game.......:twocents:

I'm still thinking the bicycle could have been found by a local after the abudction of Mickey. That local could then have ditched the bike at Whiskey Bay after learning about MS.

JMHO, a bicycle thief would have stripped the bike and only discarded the frame.

What would they have done with a busted bike, since apparently the rear was damaged? Even if they had only found it, why dump it after learning about MS? Why not come forward? That just throws another wrench in the case if that is what happened; throwing the police off. Not to mention, potential evidence that disappeared because someone didn't come forward. JMO, of course.

Personally, I think the perp took the bike with them and dumped it. There were apparently tire tracks around the area, though I'm curious to know if they were good enough to get a lock on the type of vehicle was in that area.

Derrick Todd Lee and his conviction were national news, and the locations his victims were found in were broadcast nationally. There are books about him and even a spread on him at TruTV that mentions Whiskey Bay.

It's not like it's a terribly hidden secret or hard to find. It's a public boat launch off of a Major Interstate.
But really, how many people would have used the exit & gone through what chicken showed was involved in dumping it there? I know nothing of SK & their motivation, patterns, do they act within a 'comfort zone'?

Anyone know how extensively Baton Rouge was/is being searched? I live in BR and drive to Lafayette every weekend, and think to myself that the perp could've been traveling East, dumped the bicycle and headed to BR. I haven't seen much here as far as investigating goes, but then again there is a murder everyday here..

Google map it. From Brettly's to Taco Bell on Johnston (campus) is 1.1 miles/4 minutes, and Taco Bell on Congress is 1.7 miles/6 minutes. Not much of a difference.

I know, just wondering. As a student, your whole life revolves around Campus. Seems as If you would head there naturally.

I guess they wanted to avoid the after bar crowd. When I was in my twenties, I remember that location being open at 2am and you did NOT have to use drive thru, you could go inside. Did this change? I am referring to the location on Campus.

LA

But really, how many people would have used the exit & gone through what chicken showed was involved in dumping it there? I know nothing of SK & their motivation, patterns, do they act within a 'comfort zone'?

Of course, everyone does. I would think SK's are more methodical than most.

LA

What would they have done with a busted bike, since apparently the rear was damaged? Even if they had only found it, why dump it after learning about MS? Why not come forward? That just throws another wrench in the case if that is what happened; throwing the police off. Not to mention, potential evidence that disappeared because someone didn't come forward. JMO, of course.

Personally, I think the perp took the bike with them and dumped it. There were apparently tire tracks around the area, though I'm curious to know if they were good enough to get a lock on the type of vehicle was in that area.

OY, I think if someone from that area found Mickey's bike and thought I'd looked good, and then found out later it was part of an investigation they would come forward. If they were afraid to come forward b/c of fear of LE they would have just thrown it somewhere local. I do not believe they would have wasted the expensive gas to go all the way to WB.

LA

Anyone know how extensively Baton Rouge was/is being searched? I live in BR and drive to Lafayette every weekend, and think to myself that the perp could've been traveling East, dumped the bicycle and headed to BR. I haven't seen much here as far as investigating goes, but then again there is a murder everyday here..

Now that I think about it, BR would be a perfect opportunity for someone like a perp to be overlooked by LE. Again, we have shootings every night. The police are so overwhelmed with crime here, one could easily fly under the radar. It would also allow the perp to be close to the investigation efforts and allow them to keep an eye on things...just thinking t those that like to insert themselves in their own crime scene type-thing if any of that makes sense! (sorry, driving to work typing this on my iPhone!)

Well, until any of the petite blonde young women on the list are found, I guess no one can begin to make a presumption that any of them are dead.

I disagree. There are, as has been said before, many, many other places to dispose of anything in an area filled with bayous, coulées, etc. WB has a special significance for louisianians.. I just don't see anyone picking it at random, JMO

JMHO, a bicycle thief would have stripped the bike and only discarded the frame.

The frame is the most crucial part. A bike is not a car. The tires, chain, seat, etc are very inexpensive for most riders. A frame can be sold on Craigslist, or ebay and anyone with a bit of smarts can buy a frame, repaint it , add new accessories etc and have a good bike.

So if someone picked it up, they could have profited from it.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members