IF They Are Cleared..

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffodil

Reaction score
is it going to change anyones mind that they are guilty or will people still believe they did it and got away with it?

is it going to change anyones mind that they are guilty or will people still believe they did it and got away with it?

I thought of that the other day .. I doubt it would change peoples minds here from what I have read ( majority ) I think it would need a body found first that could be proved that the Mccaans had nothing to do with it

I've been reading English newspapers that quote the forensic lab as saying that there are no clear nor complete matches, DNA profile to DNA profile, between found evidence and Madeleine. That retesting will be performed but unless it evinces something not yet seen, the case against the McCanns collapses.

I don't think it will any change minds, either. I'm not even sure it would cast doubt.

They will never be looked upon as innocent. Even if the courts claimed them innocent, they would never be considered innocent by many.
This is one of those cases that has people divided with some claiming guilt, some innocent and some being on the fence and a trial would make little difference.

Until there is new evidence that clearly points away from the McCanns, I personally will continue to believe that they are guilty. Or at least know who is.

I feel very conflicted. Why would the Mc Cann's feel it necessary to hide the body of Maddie if there was simply an accident?
Why would there be so many unansered questions? So many things do not add up. IF ONLY THEY HAD BEEN MORE CONCERNED PARENTS:slap: :slap: I could clear them immediatedly. I can't find it in my heart to believe they are NOT INVOVLVED!!!!!:liar: :liar:

I will always find them guilty of child neglect for leaving three babies alone night after night so they could go party.

Regardless of what actually happened to Maddie, the Mccanns willfully and repeatedly set up a situation that amounted to an accident waiting to happen.

If nothing else, I believe they should go up on child endangerment charges. Just like all the poor moms without powerful friends and tons of money do.

I am one that believes the McCanns are somehow involved in the disappearance of Madelaine, either directly or indirectly, there have been a lot of reports in newspapers, and yes I know you cant always believe what you read and that some papers have bad reputations for not telling the facts just to sell their paper, but can all the papers in all the countries that have stated negative information against the parents all be taken with a grain of salt, why are there not more papers supporting the McCanns and relaying information that is positive, everything we read is mainly negative, surely they all cant be rag papers or have reputations to say whatever they do whether true or false just to sell papers, all Ive heard is dont believe everything you read, but I have read papers that do relay the truth and just maybe we have read some truths. So many posters whos opinions are that the McCanns are involved are bounced on by others saying there are no facts to say they were involved, but there are also no facts to say they were not involved.

It's been my experience here that sometimes the rag papers get it right, since they snoop around more, and aren't just getting a stream of press releases from the suspects.

There are kernals of truth in every story, pro and con.

But I think it's a big "If" that the McCanns are going to be cleared.

Either Maddie will be found dead or alive, and that will change everything.

If she is never found, people will always wonder, and some will stay on the fence, but the McCanns will never be totally cleared.

To me, they would have to throw out all the DNA in order for them to be completely cleared, and I doubt that is going to happen.

I am one that believes the McCanns are somehow involved in the disappearance of Madelaine, either directly or indirectly, there have been a lot of reports in newspapers, and yes I know you cant always believe what you read and that some papers have bad reputations for not telling the facts just to sell their paper, but can all the papers in all the countries that have stated negative information against the parents all be taken with a grain of salt, why are there not more papers supporting the McCanns and relaying information that is positive, everything we read is mainly negative, surely they all cant be rag papers or have reputations to say whatever they do whether true or false just to sell papers, all Ive heard is dont believe everything you read, but I have read papers that do relay the truth and just maybe we have read some truths. So many posters whos opinions are that the McCanns are involved are bounced on by others saying there are no facts to say they were involved, but there are also no facts to say they were not involved.

I dont know but other countries - but I know the British Press quite well - The newspaper market is highly competitve here in the UK and circulation is the only game in town - higher numbers , more money , more adverts sold. I can guarantee you that editors have probably told feature writers that they want a Maddy story every day - with a headline probably every two - it is still a hot story - we the public are desperate for news - Most of the tabs are also paranoid that the other tabs will break a story before them - so any new angle tends to get copied and used by them all as another exclusive . Basicly the tabs have as much a clue as what really went on as the rest of us .

If you look here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/

You can see the vast amount of different headlines that the Sun has used - all covering many different angles some pro Mccaans some hinting at they did it etc etc .

The latest story doing the rounds is the DNA one that says the case is on course and they have found something - notice how it is pretty well the same story - I think the standard /mail did it fiirst and then the other tabs caught up today - including some broadsheets

There is probably a grain of truth in a lot of them - but the point still remains that nothing much has moved since about July - and half a rain forest full of new print .

It is frustrating for everybody - everyone has a theory an opinion - which is fine . I dont think anyone is bouncing on anyone else - it is just debate and lots of opinions until something happens

I dont know but other countries - but I know the British Press quite well - The newspaper market is highly competitve here in the UK and circulation is the only game in town - higher numbers , more money , more adverts sold. I can guarantee you that editors have probably told feature writers that they want a Maddy story every day - with a headline probably every two - it is still a hot story - we the public are desperate for news - Most of the tabs are also paranoid that the other tabs will break a story before them - so any new angle tends to get copied and used by them all as another exclusive . Basicly the tabs have as much a clue as what really went on as the rest of us .

If you look here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/

You can see the vast amount of different headlines that the Sun has used - all covering many different angles some pro Mccaans some hinting at they did it etc etc .

The latest story doing the rounds is the DNA one that says the case is on course and they have found something - notice how it is pretty well the same story - I think the standard /mail did it fiirst and then the other tabs caught up today - including some broadsheets

There is probably a grain of truth in a lot of them - but the point still remains that nothing much has moved since about July - and half a rain forest full of new print .

It is frustrating for everybody - everyone has a theory an opinion - which is fine . I dont think anyone is bouncing on anyone else - it is just debate and lots of opinions until something happens
I agree with all you have said, and because we are no closer or no new true facts have been released to the public, and I mean true fact stated by the LE not something that may have been leaked by whomever, everything is just being rehashed over and over, as a poster who has been interested in this case from the beginning I have withdrawn from posting but still reading everything here and elsewhere I just got sick of repeating or justifying my opinions (as that is all I have) to every new poster who couldnt be bothered to read or look up the information themselves. This case is so frustrating, as we are no closer to knowing what has happened to Madelaine, and has everyone noticed lately how little her name is mentioned and how often we hear Gerry or Kate, who is missing here and why.

I do not hate the McCanns, but I do not believe they are innocent in the disappearance of MADELAINE McCANN.

I will always find them guilty of child neglect for leaving three babies alone night after night so they could go party.

Regardless of what actually happened to Maddie, the Mccanns willfully and repeatedly set up a situation that amounted to an accident waiting to happen.

If nothing else, I believe they should go up on child endangerment charges. Just like all the poor moms without powerful friends and tons of money do.
teacherbees,
You wrote exactly what I wanted to say!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If they are cleared I will believe that they are not involved. This is coming from someone who hasn't researched the case as throughly as many of you though.

If they are cleared as in--cleared because someone else is charged and convicted--then I'd believe they were not involved in the actual disappearance of Madeleine.

If by "cleared" you mean no one is ever brought to trial because of lack of evidence or legal inter-country wranglings, then no, I'm not going to give them a pass.

If they are cleared as in--cleared because someone else is charged and convicted--then I'd believe they were not involved in the actual disappearance of Madeleine.

If by "cleared" you mean no one is ever brought to trial because of lack of evidence or legal inter-country wranglings, then no, I'm not going to give them a pass.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I would rather see the McCanns tried in a court of law. Then, if a jury found them not guilty, I would believe them not to have been involved in the killing of Maddie.

However, if this were to occur, I think they should still be brought up on child negligence charges, and at the very least, be carefully monitored with the twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee