feeling compelled to point out the obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom_of_five

Reaction score
I've been an obsessed WSers since Caylee's story broke and like many others have formed and refined my opinions as time has passed. After crying for two straight hours this morning (during the memorial service), I came here to see how many others felt the service was beautiful and low-key (the exact opposite of what many were expecting). I've always been an empathetic person, so when I saw some of the less than positive analyses posted, I chalked it up to emotions still being raw from the service having just ended. I've checked in throughout the day hoping to see the posts grow a bit more empathetic and hopeful.

I'm sad to see that hasn't happened in many cases.

All I can say is that I hope to God that I am never in the same spot the A's are in right now, but if I ever am, I genuinely hope every syllable I utter isn't picked apart and analyzed to DEATH by people who don't know me from Eve.

The ONLY truth known for sure throughout this entire fiasco is this: NO one knows what ANY of the A's were or are feeling -- they don't even know for certain what EACH OTHER has/is feeling.

Again, and finally, I extend my sincerest wishes to all who have and do love Caylee (those who actually knew her and those of us who have only known her through tragedy). I know everyone grieves in their own way...and some grieve via anger. That's okay, too.

I, for one, will never regret having offered empathy before blame -- even (and especially) if I am eventually proven wrong.

May justice for Caylee be swift.

I've been an obsessed WSers since Caylee's story broke and like many others have formed and refined my opinions as time has passed. After crying for two straight hours this morning (during the memorial service), I came here to see how many others felt the service was beautiful and low-key (the exact opposite of what many were expecting). I've always been an empathetic person, so when I saw some of the less than positive analyses posted, I chalked it up to emotions still being raw from the service having just ended. I've checked in throughout the day hoping to see the posts grow a bit more empathetic and hopeful.

All I can say is that I hope to God that I am never in the same spot the A's are in right now, but if I ever am, I genuinely hope every syllable I utter isn't picked apart and analyzed to DEATH by people who don't know me from Eve.

The ONLY truth known for sure throughout this entire fiasco is this: NO one knows what ANY of the A's were or are feeling -- they don't even know for certain what EACH OTHER has/is feeling.

Again, and finally, I extend my sincerest wishes to all who have and do love Caylee (those who actually knew her and those of us who have only known her through tragedy). I know everyone grieves in their own way...and some grieve via anger. That's okay, too.

I, for one, will never regret having offered empathy before blame -- even (and especially) if I am eventually proven wrong.

Very well said. :clap::clap::clap:
:blowkiss:

Mom, I am feeling much the same as you are right now and may I reffer you to this thread in regards to that...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79534

I'm empathetic and loyal to only Caylee.

Great post... bold is mine...

The name of this forum is WEBSLEUTHS. I understand the raw emotion from today's service. But most of us came to this place to try and figure out what happened to this little angel. The evidence led to the questions being asked. The Anthonys and their aversion to the truth has raised questions. There are several still unanswered. Thank goodness that LE don't stop asking the hard questions because they feel sorry for some one's grief. It's still the same case that it was before the memorial. It did not magically change. LE said they would wait until after they put Caylee to rest to ask further questions.....they still have those questions. To expect us to not dissect every thing in this case kinda goes against the word sleuth.....

*nods in appreciation* Very well put...

I feel tremendous sympathy, compassion, and respect for Caylee. I am comfortable with that. I also respect the right of anyone on this forum to give their sympathy whereever and to whomever they choose.

I also feel that GA spoke from his heart today. I thank him for the small glimpses he offered of Caylee.

The name of this forum is WEBSLEUTHS. I understand the raw emotion from today's service. But most of us came to this place to try and figure out what happened to this little angel. The evidence led to the questions being asked. The Anthonys and their aversion to the truth has raised questions. There are several still unanswered. Thank goodness that LE don't stop asking the hard questions because they feel sorry for some one's grief. It's still the same case that it was before the memorial. It did not magically change. LE said they would wait until after they put Caylee to rest to ask further questions.....they still have those questions. To expect us to not dissect every thing in this case kinda goes against the word sleuth.....

Agreed! Sleuthin' ain't done yet!!

In reading through the threads, I do not think most ws'ers do not have empathy for the A's, I think that most of us wish they were not in such denial.
I could not ever stop loving my children, but I pray that I am never an enabler for any type of unacceptable behavior. It all starts with making excuses for them & believing their lies.
MOO

Excellent post.

The Anthony's combined their service for Caylee with messages to KC. They obviously believed that her situation should be included in the memorial. In discussing the memorial, I see no problem with discussing the things they included and the messages they sent.

In reading through the threads, I do not think most ws'ers do not have empathy for the A's, I think that most of us wish they were not in such denial.
I could not ever stop loving my children, but I pray that I am never an enabler for any type of unacceptable behavior. It all starts with making excuses for them & believing their lies.
MOO

so appropriate to me!

I THINK, and I guess that means I HOPE, that they aren't anymore and are rallying around her in support (love) meaning they won't ditch her in a jail cell because of what she did to Caylee. After watching the memorial, I really believe that George knows KC did something but is willing to still love KC, thorns and all. Not sure on the rest, but it's a start.

I couldn't bring myself to post in any of the memorial threads. It surprised me how many prejudged and were absolutely sure of the circus atmosphere CA would create.
Even the Anthony's felt there would be less than dignified events occuring at the memorial. I kept faith in humanity and thank God I wasn't disappointed. It was, imo, a beautiful memorial. There wasn't any "passing of the plate", or "selling Caylee bracelets". No protesters showed up to steal the show. I think many more would have attended the memorial if this talk hadn't gone on in prior days.

I'm empathetic and loyal to only Caylee.

Yep...I respect all opinions and I DO feel empathy, but .....why couldn't Caylee's memorial service, just be about Caylee?

Personally, I feel mixed emotions about this day. It's just not as simple as being on one side or another, empathetic or not, judgmental or not. We aren't all in one camp or another.

I think the Anthonys just went too far out on a limb in their defense of Casey, and the repulsion towards them runs deep. People are just being honest when they get angry towards the family. I'm not that angry at the family, but it is hard to feel sympathetic even on a day like this.

Yes they are all suffering - I felt alot of empathy towards George in his grief last week, but at the same time, Cindy's demeanor most of the time leaves me cold. I couldn't fake sympathy towards her if I tried.

And yet I thought the Memorial Service was better than expected, and they have a right to say and do what they want. It could have been alot worse.

But I also understand those who are still upset towards the family, especially if they were "sending messages" to Casey with shamrock pins, etc. They just seem insensitive, but they don't owe us anything. At the same time, we as observers are not obligated to feel a certain way about them.

It really doesn't matter how we feel or how the family feels. This is a murder case and the facts are facts. The justice system will deal with Casey and the truth will come out about Caylee, and that's all I care about.

:clap::clap::clap:

Personally, I feel mixed emotions about this day. It's just not as simple as being on one side or another, empathetic or not, judgmental or not. We aren't all in one camp or another.

I think the Anthonys just went too far out on a limb in their defense of Casey, and the repulsion towards them runs deep. People are just being honest when they get angry towards the family. I'm not that angry at the family, but it is hard to feel sympathetic even on a day like this.

Yes they are all suffering - I felt alot of empathy towards George in his grief last week, but at the same time, Cindy's demeanor most of the time leaves me cold. I couldn't fake sympathy towards her if I tried.

And yet I thought the Memorial Service was better than expected, and they have a right to say and do what they want. It could have been alot worse.

But I also understand those who are still upset towards the family, especially if they were "sending messages" to Casey with shamrock pins, etc. They just seem insensitive, but they don't owe us anything. At the same time, we as observers are not obligated to feel a certain way about them.

It really doesn't matter how we feel or how the family feels. This is a murder case and the facts are facts. The justice system will deal with Casey and the truth will come out about Caylee, and that's all I care about.

Thank you, Thought Fox! The voice of reason!

I am sorry for any family that will not have their beautiful GDaughter to hold in their arms. But my sympathy for the fact that they may have loved Caylee and no longer have her does not blind me to their actions and words. Nor will it make me wish any less that justice is served for the death of this beautiful child.

We have been sleuthing day in, day out for months. One single day of biting tongues isnt too much to ask for Caylee....for her one special day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77