2011.06.07 Sidebar (Trial Day Twelve)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think she was killed at home? tia

I don't know, but I would suspect she killed her right in her bedroom. I think she used the chorlform to knock her out, stuck duct tape and the heart sticker on and tossed her in the trunk on the 16th. Returned to the house on the 17 to borrow shovel and try to bury her, couldn't...put her back in the trunk...the bag leaked fluid. She got more bags etc... I don't really think ikt matters where she killed her.

why would they take it out and toss it in the backyard on the 16th? The dogs hit in the backyard. Probably the scent was left the day Casey borrowed the shovel.

IMO Caylee was killed and placed in the trunk ...first she was not in a bag. Bagging came later. First one bag, then seepage occured prompting Casey to use another bag, blanket, and laundry bag. IMO she moved that body from place to place a bit before dumping her where caylee was found.

I agree I also think a lot is missing from the case presented, like the plumbing crisis they had in the middle of the night that caused Cindy to send Lee out to look for his sister. Then the cryptic message from Cindy about the broken pipe flooding Caylee's room (which has no plumbing in or near it) what was that all about. Baez groaning on and on about chlorine and the SA not pointing out the Anthony's don't use it, they have a chlorine free pool...I just wonder sometimes.

But if the car was parked in the garage, why would they have put anything from the trunk all the way in the back yard?

I believe the A's put the items in the yard to "AIR OUT" the items that had been sitting in the trunk which had abosrbed the smell of decomposition.

They did not want to keep the items in the garage to "stink it up" any more than it was already "stinking".

So in order to "air it out" I believe they placed some of these items in the yard -- thus the dogs hit on them . . .

MOO MOO and MOO

I agree I also think a lot is missing from the case presented, like the plumbing crisis they had in the middle of the night that caused Cindy to send Lee out to look for his sister. Then the cryptic message from Cindy about the broken pipe flooding Caylee's room (which has no plumbing in or near it) what was that all about. Baez groaning on and on about chlorine and the SA not pointing out the Anthony's don't use it, they have a chlorine free pool...I just wonder sometimes.

i didn't know anything about that broken pipe issue - that's strange.

Does anyone know how long it is till they come back?

1:30 PM court resumes or until the jury returns, said HHBP...they may be enjoining the buffet that he arranged.

Wouldn't it have been easier for the defense to say that after the drowning Caylee was in the trunk of the car at some point rather then try to disprove the K-9 dogs and the scientific evidence that shows that she was. I mean, with the story the DT has come up with, couldn't they have conformed it to include Caylee being there, if even for a short period of time. MOO

i didn't know anything about that broken pipe issue - that's strange.

I think a considerable amount of information contained in those letters was "planted material" to possibly be used as a part of the defense.

JB argued against all public disclosures but NEVER once took public issues with her letters being released......other than a weak "It's a violation of her privacy.".

I think that many comments made in those letters were made for the purpose of opening up a door to a possible theory at some point.

I think it's a huge mistake to believe, even for a second, that this was any sort of accident. She didn't drown, Casey didn't accidentally over chorloform Caylee.

When the totality of evidence is looked at...computer searches to missing child sites, how to make chorloform, NECK BREAKING, etc...the DUCT TAPE it's a no brainer, Casey INTENDED to MURDER her own child.

Re: computer forensics

A legal expert on TV (don't remember her name) mentioned that Casey's search for "how to make chloroform" lasted only 20 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong) so it has no value.

I strongly disagree. After the testimonies regarding the levels of chloroform in the trunk it's obvious that there is a relation between the search on the web and the chloroform in the trunk. JMO

If there ever was any accidental aspect to Caylee's death then it was accidentally by neglect or abuse. So, in essence, accidentally on purpose. JMO, I am not ICA, a judge, a jurist, a chemist, a biologist nor a physicist, for that matter.

There is an exterior water line/spicket not far from Caylee's bedroom.
Don't know if that was the pipe that was being referred to but just wanted to point out there is one there.

Sorry, just jumping back in here after a couple hours. I hope someone can fill me in quickly. The last I saw, Baez was questioning Rickenback and making a fabulous mess of Vass' credibility and it sounded bad for the state. Did Ashton clear it up on re-direct?

IMO, not really. The chemist ended up looking better for the defense than the state. This morning didn't start out well for the state but I am hopeful the afternoon session will be different.

A legal expert on TV (don't remember her name) mentioned that Casey's search for "how to make chloroform" lasted only 20 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong) so it has no value.

I strongly disagree. After the testimonies regarding the levels of chloroform in the trunk it's obvious that there is a relation between the search on the web and the chloroform in the trunk. JMO
searches never take that long - its the sites she clicked on from that search (do we know if she did?)

Just finished mowing the yard and getting some bamboo shoots cut down. I was able to listen on my iPhone 4 on WFTV audio only. Those dang sidebars eat up my battery; I have no issues with my wifi getting a signal outside. :rocker:
I sensed that JA was getting rather testy with JB during the chemist testimony. I am impressed with the dog handler and how specific he is answering Linda's questions.

Now for the afternoon session I can watch, chores all done for the day.

Wouldn't it have been easier for the defense to say that after the drowning Caylee was in the trunk of the car at some point rather then try to disprove the K-9 dogs and the scientific evidence that shows that she was. I mean, with the story the DT has come up with, couldn't they have conformed it to include Caylee being there, if even for a short period of time. MOO

I agree. I have heard the legal analyst talking about this point exactly. I get the feeling that if they say later that she was in the trunk that the jury won't buy it!

Well, I can print this page in much less than 20 seconds, just saying....

I have a feeling that in closing statements, depending on how the case goes,
and whether JB thinks the State has proven their case, JB could just say that his opening statements were not fact but were simply to provide the idea of reasonable doubt......and he doesn't need to back up any of what he said. I know that seems weird but it would get him off the hook and his client would not have to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie