17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
when Mr Martin decided to defend himself against his attacker/assailant Mr Zimmerman he had every right to fight off this man who stalked then confronted and attacked him. It was Mr Martin's right to fight off his attacker. Sadly Mr Zimmerman chose to first attack, then kill.

You and I see it differently. I don't think that Zimmerman, who was carrying a gun, would choose to physically attack Trayvon. Makes no sense to me.

You and I see it differently. I don't think that Zimmerman, who was carrying a gun, would choose to physically attack Trayvon. Makes no sense to me.

What does make sense is that GZ may have tried to detain TM, stop him from leaving until LE arrived. Isn't that why GZ followed TM? jmo

Yes. Because he didn't know where Trayvon was, and feared his address would be overheard by him.

So GZ was already expressing a fear that TM would do him bodily harm. jmo

I think one bang on cement GZ would have been senseless, two I would think he'd be barely conscious. Repeatedly I doubt he would be able to even pull his gun out. No one saw them on cement only grass. Witness statements, EMT clearing GZ's within minutes of his injuries do not add up to life threatening injuries. Plus the lockup video is showing marks on top of his head, not the back which would be consistent with his head banging on the cement. So until we see a report of his injuries I think it is still a question that is up in the air.

I'm still trying to visualize how someone can bang your head on cement repeatedly when you have no hair??????? jmo

Also did we ever her if there was GZ blood on the cement?
When my mom fell and cut her head.......blood was everywhere
before we could pick her up.

What does make sense is that GZ may have tried to detain TM, stop him from leaving until LE arrived. Isn't that why GZ followed TM? jmo

I can see that. I don't think that's the most likely, but I can see a situation where GZ may have put his hand on Trayvon's shoulder, although I don't think that's what happened. Maybe. It's possible.

That doesn't mean that GZ has to die for doing that. At the point where he was being pummeled, he had every right to shoot to kill.

This case is an example of two hotheads getting crosswise with each other. But that doesn't mean Zimmerman gives up his right to live.

my son was a wrestler as well. He would have been the one assumed to lose but went to States twice because it isn't always the one we think will win who takes the matches.

If only Mr Zimmerman had chosen to stay in his vehicle and allow the real law enforcement to do their job instead of taking it upon himself to assail Mr Martin <<< my opinion.

Naah. I bet I would have mentally picked him as the winner. ;D

My son is a grappler, and when I go to grappling tournaments I can almost always tell who will win the match just by glancing up at the two opponents on the mat before the match begins. It's not height or weight, or really anything tangible. I think actually it's not some hoodoo psychic skill I have, my guess is almost everyone in the audience can look at two men and tell which will win the match.

When I look at GZ and Trayvon, I pick Trayvon. It's my opinion.
Personally,I would pick the one with the gun to come out on top every time.

Comparing an evenly matched grappling tournament with 2 parties that know what to expect from one another in terms of a fair fight is hardly what we had in this situation.

I would still really love to know just exactly how Trayvon was able to bang Zimmerman's head on the concrete and cause an injury way up there on his head? I really can't picture that in my mind. I guess Trayvon was holding Zimmerman by his feet, lifting him off the ground, and banging his head causing the injuries that would render him barely conscious, one step away from diapers and being spoon fed and for the life of me, I really can't figure out why Zimmerman wasn't rushed to the ER that night since he was barely conscious. He tried so hard to make everything else fit into his perfect puzzle, to lay the foundation for his self-defense claim, why in the world not go to the hospital to get your injuries documented?

~jmo~

I can see that. I don't think that's the most likely, but I can see a situation where GZ may have put his hand on Trayvon's shoulder, although I don't think that's what happened. Maybe. It's possible.

That doesn't mean that GZ has to die for doing that. At the point where he was being pummeled, he had every right to shoot to kill.

This case is an example of two hotheads getting crosswise with each other. But that doesn't mean Zimmerman gives up his right to live.

Do you happen to have a link handy that shows Trayvon as being a hothead?

~jmo~

Personally,I would pick the one with the gun to come out on top every time.

Comparing an evenly matched grappling tournament with 2 parties that know what to expect from one another in terms of a fair fight is hardly what we had in this situation.

Yes. And that's how it worked out. Grappling is for fun, though, and the opponents don't have to defend their lives. They can "tap out" and the match stops immediately.

Too bad GZ couldn't do that.

When you put your hand on someone who views it as a threat it's battery. Confronting someone who views you as a threat is an assault. If GZ tried to detain TM by touching him, TM had every right to resist. jmo

How do you know they are pulling everything from the websites? They can't change GM's police report though?
They did it yesterday.
Trayvon Martin Investigation

The office of the State Attorney, 4th Judicial Circuit, State Attorney Angela Corey has requested that the City of Sanford remove all reports, videos and audio pertaining to the Martin/Zimmerman case from the website. Their office has provided legal justification for the action and they believe further access to the information will have an adverse effect on their efforts to come to a resolution to this investigation.
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Yes. And that's how it worked out. Grappling is for fun, though, and the opponents don't have to defend their lives. They can "tap out" and the match stops immediately.

Too bad GZ couldn't do that.

BBM

He COULD have....he SHOULD have......too bad he DIDN'T do that.....

jmo

My son is a grappler, and when I go to grappling tournaments I can almost always tell who will win the match just by glancing up at the two opponents on the mat before the match begins. It's not height or weight, or really anything tangible. I think actually it's not some hoodoo psychic skill I have, my guess is almost everyone in the audience can look at two men and tell which will win the match.

When I look at GZ and Trayvon, I pick Trayvon. It's my opinion.

When you say "the imagination" and not "my imagination" it seems to imply that your incredulousness should be universal. Thanks for clarifying.

O/T. My 21 year old son finally got a full time job at a small sign company several weeks ago. Yesterday , they gave him four black free hoodies with the company name on the back in white letters. Just for the record.

This recording clears up where the body of TM was located.

Lying in the grass [1:29]......Behind 2831 Retreat View Circle in the backyard [1:52]

This is the residence of Selma Mora Lamilla and her roommate Mary Cutcher.

Mr. Martin was about 35 feet off from the location he showed us. I can't fault a grieving father for that. I'd still be trying to remember my own name.

**Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused by the earlier image posted last night showing the Retreat View addys. I overlooked the fact that the building has 6 units as opposed to the 5 that I counted on Twin Trees**

Maybe the police did not give Tracy Martin an address, just told him "At the end of the last building in this row of townhouses" or some such language. Mr. Martin could have assumed that it was at the far end of the building, which was where he was in the videos of his walk through. Instead, according to the ambulance audio, it was at the end nearest where Mr. Martin was staying.

IMO, JMO, etc.

BBM

He COULD have....he SHOULD have......too bad he DIDN'T do that.....

jmo

I think maybe you don't know the term "tap out".

That's when one opponent taps on the other opponent, and that signals the end of the match.

No, GZ couldn't "tap out" of a fight with Trayvon. It wasn't a game.

Since we are talking about grappling as a sport I wanted to repeat a post I made in an earlier thread. Hope that's okay, I type too slowly to do it over anew.

I just wanted to say that I find it extremely difficult to believe that George Zimmerman could have been getting the worst of it in a fight with Trayvon Martin. I find it extremely difficult to believe that George Martin could have been afraid of suffering great bodily harm from Trayvon Martin. I feel this so strongly for two reasons.

First, using the weights reported by both families Trayvon weighed between 140 and 145 pounds, and George Zimmerman weighed 190. Are these weights accurate? I don't know for sure, but the police report weights seem to be guesses so I am going to go with them. I suspect 190 is a little light for Zimmerman but I will go with it. These weight differences would put them 4 or 5 weight classes apart in professional boxing, and at least 4 weight classes apart in high school wrestling. The heavier fighter would never be allowed into the ring with the lighter because of the unfair advantage he would have.

Secondly, George Zimmerman is reported to have multiple years of experience as a bouncer/private security. This is not a field you survive in for months, let alone years, if you are easily frightened at the possibility of getting hit. This is not a field you last long in if you do not know how to fight, and more importantly, how to restrain someone who is trying to hurt you without hurting them. You must be able to face down and remove people who are drunk, belligerant and possibly way larger than you. I find it impossible to believe that anyone who spent years as a bouncer could be reduced to those wails of terror in less than two minutes by a skinny, unarmed kid he outweighed by forty or fifty pounds. Moo
Last edited by Inabsentia; 04-05-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Grammar

O/T. My 21 year old son finally got a full time job at a small sign company several weeks ago. Yesterday , they gave him four black free hoodies with the company name on the back in white letters. Just for the record.

Hope the writing on the back is in NEON. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member