What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide.

If I take Rebecca's sister at her word about Rebecca and Max having a close special relationship like a bio mom and child then it convinces me no matter how Rebecca tried to pretend everything was ok ...........she was not. It also explains why Rebecca referred to Max as her child. Imo that is the way she saw Max. I have often wondered since Rebecca was married for a long time if she could have children of her own. If not, she could put all of her motherly love into the youngest child of the man she loved.

Since I am fortunate to have such special relationships with my husband's children.. now our children........I know how deep that love can be.

The loss of a loved one can trigger suicidal thoughts and she knew by then there was no hope of Max surviving.

I think she was already depressed about it and then the dreaded call came in and the outcome was just too much to take. She knew she had lost Max and her life with Jonah would never be quite the same. Her life immediately changed when Max fell......it changed for the worse when the call came in.

I really think at first she was in denial. That is why she went shopping with her sister before taking her to the airport. In the back of her mind she tried to convince herself that Max was going to survive.

But as she listened to the 12:50 am message she knew that was not going to happen no matter how much she, Jonah and Dina wanted it to.

Combine those traumatic circumstances with LE finding no one else's fingerprints or DNA on any of the items used nor any struggle on the balcony and no footprints but Rebecca's shows me there was no one there with Rebecca at the time she decided to do this.

IMO

BBM

Ocean, I have kept up with threads as I can. Had to have demolition crew take down 1/2 my house because of Irene. I am still very interested in this case, but I hadn't heard Rebecca and her sister went shopping. Please tell me where they went, what time and what they bought, if you know.

Also, I am glad you have such a good relationship with your husband's (and now your) children. It doesn't always work out that way, and you must have put a lot of effort and love into it. :clap::clap::clap:

BBM

Ocean, I have kept up with threads as I can. Had to have demolition crew take down 1/2 my house because of Irene. I am still very interested in this case, but I hadn't heard Rebecca and her sister went shopping. Please tell me where they went, what time and what they bought, if you know.

Also, I am glad you have such a good relationship with your husband's (and now your) children. It doesn't always work out that way, and you must have put a lot of effort and love into it. :clap::clap::clap:

Hi there Jacy. I sure hope you get your home built back soon.

I read that on the day Rebecca took her sister to the airport they went shopping. Sorry I don't remember where I read it after this long.

Thank you.

It was the most effortless thing we have ever had to do. We both just went into it with open arms and never ever excluded any of our children. It really works wonders for children when they think they have equal value and are all loved unconditionally.

That is why neither one of us has ever labeled our children 'step' children and I feel uncomfortable to even write that. It automatically makes a child feel pushed aside ...ostracized and different imo. And I feel that is why that none of our 5 children refer to their siblings as 'step brother or step sisters' and they are simply either their brother or sisters.

I can't speak for anyone else who has a blended family but it worked great for all of us. We have truly been blessed and I would like think it is because we knew it would work if each one knew they were equally special to us and very much loved.

My biological children think my hubby hung the moon and stars but he has earned that by being totally devoted, supportive, loving and all inclusive to all 5.

IMO

They have over the years used the video to monitor for jumpers, too.

http://donnagore.com/2011/07/24/san-diego’s-coronado-bridge-and-the-city’s-recent-suicides/

Another option has reduced the number of suicides. Regular patrols by the California Highway Patrol officers were based at the Coronado Bridge’s toll plaza, 24/7, monitoring video from eight or nine bridge cameras. These efforts allow quicker access to those than otherwise in which response time would be at least an hour.

I wanted to add that the Coronado Bridge has no pedestrian walkways, bikepaths, or breakdown lanes.

BBM

Here's the part about the shopping:

Mary Zahau agreed, saying “...she was talking to me several times both the day of Max’s injury and on Tuesday, the day before she died... She went about normal routines... She went shopping with my little sister who was there visiting her. She went to eat meals... she was talking to me on the phone... If she was that unstable, how do you explain her normal behavior pattern?”

http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...-was-a-christian-and-knew-only-god-could-save

Awesome find Sunnie! Who was that woman??? Looked an awful lot like DS to me, but who knows. Sure wasn't dressed like the maid and if that is what the help drives in AZ......I'm packin' now!

It for sure is NOT DS, but for the person to be there the day after a death, I would say it has to be someone important enough for JS to trust, whether it is an employee, a friend of JS or a friend of RZ.

Just curious due to the timing, who it may have been.

DS would have been with MS since he was still alive when that video was taken.

Correct. Never even entertained the thought that it was DS, just thought it may be someone I missed in the round of reporting.

I believe that reference was to a woman in the Coronado driveway, correct? I believe the video shows a woman at his AZ home. Anyone know for sure?

You are correct Deanna, just curious who it may have been as they seemed comfortable with the gate, garage, etc.

Wasn't Rebecca bringing JS clothing and meals after the accident occurred? We also don't know what kind of shopping Rebecca and XZ took in. Was it to be out of the house while the chandelier was fixed and LE was doing their investigation? Clothing to replace XZ clothes that may have been ruined when she cut her leg cleaning up glass? School clothes, as it states that the Zahou family are not well off financially?

As far as eating out, maybe Rebecca didn't feel like she could sit in the kitchen cooking and instead they ate out and then brought JS His meals.

I have no idea what transpired. This is just moo, and what might have occurred. I highly doubt Rebecca had carte blanche with JS bank account.

Wasn't Rebecca bringing JS clothing and meals after the accident occurred? We also don't know what kind of shopping Rebecca and XZ took in. Was it to be out of the house while the chandelier was fixed and LE was doing their investigation?
Where has it been said that the chandelier was fixed after Max's accident?

Thank You for finding the news report. Is that woman DS?

Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Thank you very much Coastal!!

Does anyone know who the lady at the end of this video is? It was taken at JS PV, AZ home.

New details emerging in San Diego mansion death - YouTube

Upthread it states it was not DS, video was at his AZ home, DS was at the hospital with Max.

Thanks curiousjo, as well from that article

News 8 asked sheriff's homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit about that rope, which is clearly seen in an evidence photo posted online by the department.

"The picture we posted of the rope was actually taken by a Coronado police officer who was one of the first people to arrive on scene that day," Lt. Nesbit said.

I don't believe this for one second, I didn't find the exact sunrise for that day, but the sunrise graph for that month shows it to have been between 5:30 - 6:00 am, there is no way was it that dark at the time the first officer arrived on scene. imo

I read that on the day Rebecca took her sister to the airport they went shopping. Sorry I don't remember where I read it after this long.

Thank you.

It was the most effortless thing we have ever had to do. We both just went into it with open arms and never ever excluded any of our children. It really works wonders for children when they think they have equal value and are all loved unconditionally.

That is why neither one of us has ever labeled our children 'step' children and I feel uncomfortable to even write that. It automatically makes a child feel pushed aside ...ostracized and different imo. And I feel that is why that none of our 5 children refer to their siblings as 'step brother or step sisters' and they are simply either their brother or sisters.

I can't speak for anyone else who has a blended family but it worked great for all of us. We have truly been blessed and I would like think it is because we knew it would work if each one knew they were equally special to us and very much loved.

My biological children think my hubby hung the moon and stars but he has earned that by being totally devoted, supportive, loving and all inclusive to all 5.

IMO

O/T for a moment, but hat's off to ocean and her husband.

:goldcrown:

News 8 asked sheriff's homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit about that rope, which is clearly seen in an evidence photo posted online by the department.

"The picture we posted of the rope was actually taken by a Coronado police officer who was one of the first people to arrive on scene that day," Lt. Nesbit said.

I don't believe this for one second, I didn't find the exact sunrise for that day, but the sunrise graph for that month shows it to have been between 5:30 - 6:00 am, there is no way was it that dark at the time the first officer arrived on scene. imo

You didn't ask, but found this for 7/13 .. which might be helpful for some.

Actual Time 5:50 AM PDT 7:58 PM PDT
Civil Twilight 5:22 AM PDT 8:26 PM PDT
Nautical Twilight 4:48 AM PDT 9:00 PM PDT
Astronomical Twilight 4:11 AM PDT 9:37 PM PDT
Moon 6:51 PM PDT (7/13) 4:13 AM PDT (7/13)
Length Of Visible Light 15h 04m
Length of Day 14h 07m

Wasn't Rebecca bringing JS clothing and meals after the accident occurred? We also don't know what kind of shopping Rebecca and XZ took in. Was it to be out of the house while the chandelier was fixed and LE was doing their investigation? Clothing to replace XZ clothes that may have been ruined when she cut her leg cleaning up glass? School clothes, as it states that the Zahou family are not well off financially?

As far as eating out, maybe Rebecca didn't feel like she could sit in the kitchen cooking and instead they ate out and then brought JS His meals.

I have no idea what transpired. This is just moo, and what might have occurred. I highly doubt Rebecca had carte blanche with JS bank account.

BBM

I asked ocean where, what time and what did they buy, in order for me to get a mind set of RZ. It never occurred to be she was blingin' out JS card. But, now that you mentioned it, if she was out buying school supplies for her sister, female items, books, make-up, I can understand that. However, if she was buying bling and more bling, that would be something to know.

Thank you.

IMO

:rocker::seeya:Ocean - we have five children...one my biological daughter and four adopted daughters. none are DH's biological children...but being a Father is moe than the biological act. They are all equal, no favorites and they know it...and they all love their Daddy. He has parented them all as HIS and it shows in their adult lives. It is amazing to watch. Having been the recipient of just such a selfless act of the heart myself (My Foster dad is my world.) I know what it does for a young woman to be loved so selflessly by her Dad. :woohoo:

It for sure is NOT DS, but for the person to be there the day after a death, I would say it has to be someone important enough for JS to trust, whether it is an employee, a friend of JS or a friend of RZ.

Correct. Never even entertained the thought that it was DS, just thought it may be someone I missed in the round of reporting.

You are correct Deanna, just curious who it may have been as they seemed comfortable with the gate, garage, etc.

Maybe it was DS sister?

That still would not explain why the scene was tampered with prior to being processed!!

Maybe it was DS sister?

Big possibility of that, I would imagine. Thanks!!!!

Originally Posted by SunnieRN

Maybe it was DS sister?

I would think DS sister was still with her since MS was still alive. It may have been JS's executive assistant. EA's to CEO's can make plenty, so they could afford that car. And if JS often worked from home, the EA could have access to the home. Or even if at an office, may need to go to his house to pick up things etc.

I wonder what actually went on and what actually was said when Rebecca went to pick up Nina in the airport. I can only imagine how awkward and tense the whole thing would have been for the two of them. I'm also curious why Rebecca was the one driving everyone around, picking them up and dropping them off. Doesn't Jonah have a driver to do that kinda thing? Doesn't he have any staff or house hold help at all?

The article explains why JS's message went to voice mail:

Also, I'll bet the police have the actual voicemail message, even though it was deleted. It's not impossible to get a deleted message, even though the Zahau family lawyer claims otherwise.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15485069/records-reveal-final-cell-phone-calls-to-rebecca-zahau

I have had voice mails not go through until a later time also. Depends on the tower signals etc. It's possible she didn't get either one until later, or she could have been sleeping also.

I though LE said in the PC they couldn't recover the message as they didn't know how? Something about the phone being too advanced. Rebecca's family said they wanted to have it foresically tested, to see what could be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni