2011.05.28 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates everybody - about a half hour before the end today my elderly cat decided it was a great time to puke up all over the kitchen and got herself messy in the process. I had to give her a bath and then mop the kitchen floor, so I missed everything til the very end when they went to the final sidebar.

If the DT is having a little jail consult time with ICA I'd bet a chicken dinner (mashed potatoes included) they redraft their master plan to tailor what's been said in court already. Big time.

Is it happy hour yet? Please?

you may be right, I think the defense theory is and will continue to be very er, fluid in that way. Today's testimony was very damning imo and they now need a huddle to decide how to shift the theory already presented just enough to fit in with the facts. Problem is, that tact has been unsuccessful from day one and will continue to be til the day they stick the needle in ICA's arm. moo

patiently waiting for lip reader to transcribe. thanks in advance as i know it will take time to listen and type. love you all my websleuth friends who post!! in court i saw a media person read websleuths as trial was on== so post away!!!! even nancy grace said she knew who littlemisslegal was and she read my posts. imagine that? told her shes a great advocate for missing kids!!!

I'm wondering if the defense's opening statement wasn't supposed to be serving multiple purposes. Yes, they conceded that Casey was a liar...but they also knew that the jury would hear those lies. What if they wanted to get the pool theory out there in order to get the jury thinking that Caylee drowned and Casey lied to cover it up (not because she was taught how to lie as self-preservation)? Yes, folks could believe that. Then, they introduced the theory that she was molested as a way to get mitigating circumstances in from the getgo. Let the jury be wondering about it all the way through to the penalty phase. The one thing I can't figure out is why Jose didn't encourage her to tell the truth and accept her punishment 3 years ago? Did he know about the duct tape?

Who on the Jury is going to believe that she sat in jail for almost 3 years when she could have claimed accident on the first day? I don't get and I hope they won't. None of her actions are consistent with an innocent person.

I'm anxious to read what the lip reader can detect from the Inmate's temper tantrum....

I think I saw "she has never been there for me..." and "three years NOTHING..."

I think I saw the Inmate watch her mother leave the stand and not even acknowledge the Inmate, then Cindy must have gone back to the audience and hugged George or something to that affect, and it enraged the Inmate, because her parentals were not all about HER in that moment!

I may be a bad person for this ... but I get much enjoyment out of watching her little temper tantrum melt down! So glad to see that "something" has upset the stone, cold woman after all the giddy laughing and chatting with alllllll of her attorneys all week.

As to Casey telling everyone that her parents were going to give her the house and how Baez asked why didn't she just kill her parents, too: Someone suggested that maybe she just ran out of time or didn't get the chance. In essence she has killed her entire family...maybe not physically but emotionally. It does appear that she really hates them, especially now.
Was it Baez or JP who asked why didn't she kill her parents?

I agree with what you have said.

I also believe the "6 weeks ago" is the same time frame that their attorney Lippman spoke about on national tv, NBC TODAY Show on May 26, 2011, when he said they have known the defense theory since "6 weeks ago" [puts it in March/April around the same time of the 2 psychologists reports], and Lippman has said that he had access to those SEALED reports, and that his conclusion from the reports is that the Inmate is "deeply disturbed" [stated by Lippman on May 27, 2011], and that Lippman has "concerns about her mental stability".

As strawberry said: "It sounds like they have gone from "MOTY" mode to well, there must be something wrong with her."

Can't wait to see what Motion Lippman filed which the Judge is going to "schedule", after hearing the Defense objections Tuesday morning at 8:30am!!

RespectfullyQuoted ThinkTank

Thank you for bringing this up! I knew I had some sort of a reason why I think George and Cindy are not going to play along with everything Casey wants.

Can we start a thread to discuss this? I find it interesting that after all of the MOTY stuff, as you have pointed out too Think...is now that Casey is "deeply disturbed."

Jose is trying to say that Casey is deeply disturbed but he is saying that is George's fault, or so it seems. Anyway, I am interested in hearing what others have to say. I will see if we get a thread, don't mean to give the mods more work but starting one they don't want is work too... :waitasec:

:blowkiss: WS Mods :rocker: !

[/B]

I also believe that to be true. I have no professional opinion. Of course. But that rings true for me when I ask myself what Casey is...

so, if she were willing to be diagnosed..could she be? And would that be a defense?

But she won't be diagnosed as such because that type of personality thinks they are perfect, to be simple about it? Right? That is the catch 22 of a sociopath/psychopathic person? TIA

:websleuther:

I had never seen "Narcissism" (Axis II) personality ever diagnosed. I've seen Borderline Personality as an Axis II. W/O an Axis I, you don't really have a mental illness.

I've been out of the field for some time now. That Borderline Gig did me in...LOL

Do we have an openng theory thread or transcripts of the opening by the defence?

Also who else thinks it is completely odd that no grass will grow since 2008?

Florida has entered into a second year of drought conditions, as statewide average rainfall deficits during 2006-07 are the largest observed since the mid 1950s. According to the National Drought Monitor, approximately 20% of Florida is experiencing severe to extreme drought conditions as of January 1st, 2008.

http://www.floridadisaster.org/EMTOOLS/florida_drought_center.htm

Thanks for the updates everybody - about a half hour before the end today my elderly cat decided it was a great time to puke up all over the kitchen and got herself messy in the process. I had to give her a bath and then mop the kitchen floor, so I missed everything til the very end when they went to the final sidebar.

If the DT is having a little jail consult time with ICA I'd bet a chicken dinner (mashed potatoes included) they redraft their master plan to tailor what's been said in court already. Big time.

Is it happy hour yet? Please?

REPOST - my system ate my homework! I mean post!

Although I hate that this trial is going on at the expense of the tax payers of Florida, I truly hope and pray that the State takes this all the way to death row. I'll be truly dissapointed if they give in to a plea.

The state does not have to accept a plea deal from ICA, but they can't stop her from pleading guilty, FWIW.

Minor point but I saw a picture of Caylee next to one of the door knob protectors. The one Cindy was trying to describe and said she even had a hard time opening them. I'm not sure the older jurors would know what she was talking about. CA went to great lengths to protect Caylee from household dangers. It's too bad her greatest danger was her own mother.

It's very trivial but I wish LKB could have shown that picture of Caylee. It was a really good picture of her--very cute and the door knob protector is very visible. I want the jury to see her as much as possible and know that Cindy provided everything for Caylee, not Casey.

IMO

Older jurors?? Those doorknob protectors have been around for at least 30 yrs. :seeya:

LBD with her examination of CA has shown a loooong standing practice by ICA to lie regularly to her parents. Long before Caylee was ever missing. the cross on Tuesday will be ugly. JB will attempt to tie that loooong standing pathological need to the penis excuse and claim that she is this way because of the abuse and CA allowing it and failing to protect her.

JB will go for the jugular on Tuesday, mark my words. Lucky for Caylee, I think it will backfire bigtime. All the jury will see is that he is picking on a loving grieving gramma.

my own feel for it of course.

Cindy answered a burning question for me. I couldn't figure out how Caylee got in the pool in the first place. GA and CA said they were always very careful about removing the ladder. She remembers putting it up on the 15th. Caylee couldn't have set up the ladder to get in the pool.

That's a zinger! So, there was no way that it was an accident. No possible way. It was deliberate and now they know in their hearts their own daughter would destroy the entire family before taking any responsibility for her own actions.

Sorry, I missed most of the morning trial, can anyone tell me if the names of the movies that TL and ICA rented at Blockbuster were released into evidence?

Respecfully Quoted luv :wave:

Mr. George began to have Tony state which videos they rented. Then it was realized that Mr. George had given the incorrect date for the Blockbuster video. He had stated June 18th 2008. It was June 16th 2008. The day Caylee per the defense opening arguments, drown on accident.

It was corrected, and then Mr. George went back to asking Tony more about what was on the receipt and what videos they had rented when the defense called for an objection.

Surprise. There was a side bar and it was not brought up again. I say that because I was transcribing as they spoke and I am sure I would remember typing in the names of the movies.

Please validate what I am saying with your own research or other comments but I believe that to be correct.

:twocents:

Wonder when Juliette Lewis will testify...:crazy:
I don't know, but I've enjoyed a lot of her movies!
She used to date Brad Pitt, you know.
I wonder if Casey is friends with Brad & Angelina, as well?
:floorlaugh:

i have always felt that the teddy bear at memorial could have caylees ashes in it. do not know why i feel it but i do!!
Were you able to be attend this week, LML? I know of one time, but did you go back?

I believe the DT took ICA back for a private meeting concerning the Lippman filing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288