What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, I have been reading and watching the hearings, I am thinking that the ONLY ones they can go with doing this besides KC is Cindy or George and let me tell you why. The 15th or 9th of June is when Cindy said she visited her dad at the convelscent hospital and then went home with Caylee and had her in the pool. What if KC says she came home, her mom and Caylee were in the pool, she asked to go in, Cindy got mad at KC and that is when they got in the fight, Cindy choked KC, KC ran out and left Caylee there. SO now, Kc was coming back to see if Caylee was at the house and to grab her things. She can say she used Cindys credit cards to get back at her. It can be set up to be this way. IT REALLY depends on what and when things were found in the back yard. I heard something of signifigance was found on July 3rd that made cindy believe Caylee was dead, and then she wrote her deal on myspace....and Cindy sent Lee to find KC. It also depends on neighbors on what happened on the 9th or 15th with fight with Cindy and KC... was there witnesses? that will count for sure. Also it will matter on when Caylee was REALLY seen last.
It seems like we know a lot but we really don't.

Interesting...but I'm curious as to how it would explain Cindy calling 911? As it stood, KC had split and obviously told no one that Caylee was missing. Why involve LE at this point and open up an investigation?

Oh also, I do believe that the cops found a fake ID with Caseys picture with Amy's information and also an ID with Zaneida on it as I do believe Kc paid a ticket that Zaneida and Amy got. She got two tickets that she paid in person. they have proof.

Bathbuddys, I haven't forgotten about that either, and the break-in at the office of another Zenaida Gonzalez before all of this broke.

katydid, you are scaring me. How do the 31 days of partying and the texts about dead squirrels play into this nightmare scenario you describe?

:)seeya: Please do not read this as snarky. I am really wondering what it might take to get a jury to let her walk... :yow:)

I would have to agree with what you just said. I honestly dont see how the jury would buy it but doesnt mean that Baez wont try it. IMO it would take a savy lawyer to pull this kind of defense off. I dont see one savvy lawyer at all on this defense team. Sorry but Mason is no Perry Mason IMO.

katydid, you are scaring me. How do the 31 days of partying and the texts about dead squirrels play into this nightmare scenario you describe?

:)seeya: Please do not read this as snarky. I am really wondering what it might take to get a jury to let her walk... :yow:)

The 31 days of partying is of course the biggest hurdle. But they will try the 'ugly coping' scenario. Her abusive childhood made her fragile and unable to cope with the situation. Her father, who had been abusing her all of her life, took her child, and said "go away, say nothing and I will give her back later."
[Or whatever they come up with...]

Even the dead squirrels texts can be written off as her covering for dad, OR even not knowing what the smell really was. Maybe Dad placed the body in the trunk himself to frame Casey, then buried her soon after. { DEFENSE scenario, NOT my belief.]

All they need is one or two jurors who will buy this theory.

I would have to agree with what you just said. I honestly dont see how the jury would buy it but doesnt mean that Baez wont try it. IMO it would take a savy lawyer to pull this kind of defense off. I dont see one savvy lawyer at all on this defense team. Sorry but Mason is no Perry Mason IMO.

Either a savvy attorney or a really really stupid one. ...cough...cough...

The thing is the defense does not have to PROVE someone else did it, only that there is a reasonable doubt, that someone else MAY have.

They have to come up with a reason for her not reporting and for the silly nanny stories and the partying.

Accidental death won't help because she was at Blockbuster a few hours later, flirting and smiling.

Stranger abduction doesnt work because she didnt report child missing, and she partied. Also the trunk and the items from home etc.

They were going to set up Jesse Grund but he caught on too quick and protected himself and had alibis. But he would not be the perfect patsy, not like George is.

George is the perfect scapegoat. Kind of creepy, passionate, intense, angry, LE background, access to all of the key crime scene components.

Casey could say she 'partied' because he ordered her to go about her life like nothing happened or he would harm Caylee. She just did what her evil abuser demanded. She is the victim and has been protecting the rest of her family all of this time. Or that is the story anyway.

If they spring this on George once the trial starts he will likely explode, fumble around a bit, and seem kind of guilty, imo.

I predict they will float this scenario out there if they get really desperate.

It's becoming more and more clear as time goes on that the defense doesn't have a strategy other than delay, deny, obscure and deflect! I think JB is just flinging chit at the wall to see if anything will stick!

OT- good to see you again, ecs. Have always enjoyed your posts.

Your daughter sure is growing into a beauty! :)

Keep in mind that what we are seeing in these hearings and in the most recent couple of loads of motions may not reflect trial strategy. A lot of it may be just throwing stuff at the wall, not just to see what sticks, but also to preserve the issues for appeal.

OT- good to see you again, ecs. Have always enjoyed your posts.

Your daughter sure is growing into a beauty! :)

Thanks Mitzi. Good to be back into the thick of it again!

I don't think the defense is going to do anything except try to negate all the scientific evidence. Any type of accidental death defense would require KC to take the stand. In fact any kind of active defense, and by that I mean not just disputing the evidence from the state, would HAVE to include putting KC on the stand. One of the reasons I am leaning towards all her statements coming in is because they did not put her on the stand to say 'oh yeah, once they put the handcuffs on me, I knew I was arrested and was terrified from that point on'. I think they are going to attack anything and everything hoping to persuade one juror that there is reasonable doubt. I don't think it will work. Throw out all the evidence from July 17th on, absolutely everything. You still have never reporting her daughter missing, and every word out of her mouth to her family and law enforcement being a lie. I don't think they can explain that in any way that will make sense to a jury.

I believe Baez is manipulating the Anthony's into thinking big bad LE used them to build this case around ICA...when in actuality, ICA built the case around herself. I now see how it's been him who put this huge wedge between the SA's. It showed in his remarks about why he didn't comply with the judges orders...it shows when he is in court, it just shows. I'd like to see how long he will try to show he and the SA's are now allys..see how long that lasts. If, big IF, he is trying for foster a plea deal, don't you think keeping it amicable would be best for his client? Since his apology mentioning they are all advocates for the law, just on different sides, his passion gets the best of him. I think he's made it a personal vendetta, like it's US against THEM...why bring up how everyone mentions they disliked Baez, that he is incompetant, where did ICA get him...I was calling him a rogue attorney but I now see him as a revolutionary...

Baez was something to see when he told YMelich, YOU allowed her to continue to LIE...how would LE know she's lying until they check into things? I hate that Baez makes it appear to be everyone elses fault, does any responsibility lie on ICA's shoulders? Which is why ICA just adores Baez, he's enabling her behavior, he took up where mama left off.

It appears the hostility for the SAO's is due to "them" wanting to put ICA to death. Not that she allegedly broke the law, not that she evaded her parents for 31 days, the top Commandment, Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not lie/steal...CA likes to send ICA scriptures, has she forgotten about the 10 commandments..GA needs to give all that anger/hostility to his loving daughter, not the SA's, it's misplaced anger and it will not go over well with a jury...

I was very happy when Baez asked LA about LE using HIM to get info on ICA...ABSOLUTELY NOT...they wanted info on Caylee...I wanted him to say, they were in a race against time and had already been 31 days behind, so they were desperate for "credible" information about Caylee's whereabouts..

I wonder if LEE read the discovery and realizes that ICA is solely responsible for Caylee's death but doesn't know how she died. Didn't Rozzie Franco mention about a coworker of Mallorys and how they believed ICA killed Caylee? I wonder if this is why he seemed to have distanced himself from his family. They aren't on the same page...

Would he allow his sister to babysit for his child, if that time comes? I bet not...he didn't go along with Baez' line of questioning and I'm sure ICA seems him as another one who betrayed her. It's still all about Caylee and you can see her steam in her seat...I cannot wait for trial, the jury will be watching her intently, every face she makes, every note she writes, any tears she might shed are turned on and off like a water faucet. It also appears Baez takes whatever ICA states as face value or does he think she's lying to him? How can he believe anything out of her mouth when so far nothing credible has come out of it?

I still believe Baez should have fostered a deal early on instead of saying, it does no good for my client to show her hand. I believe he too is using ICA as his stepping stone to becoming DP qualified. It doesn't appear as if this is only a job to him, he's too emotionally involved.. if he doesn't start acting like it's his job instead of being emotionally tied into this, he will loose big time. ICA will loose big time...she needs to think long and hard about taking this all the way. How will she prepare herself for the gory details of Caylee's last moments alive? I believe CA/GA will run out of the courtroom as they did before and it will make a lasting impression on the jurors. Will ICA say, make him stop? There's no ALyon at her side anymore. I wonder also how she feels about the other attorney's who left her case?

How will she handle the trial?? :loser: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

After Friday's questioning of Yuri about the smell of death in the car, I think the strategy is to "throw the baby out with the bath water". What was JB thinking??? CA is in the gallery visibly coming apart at the seams and KC is just sitting there doodling on her pad. No appearance from KC of being upset but I guess if KC thought it was pizza or squirrel she would have no reaction. And CA's reaction is clearly one of I know what I smelled in that car and why is JB changing the story. We agreed it was 19 day old pizza, NOT the smell of death!!!!! I was waiting for "Zip it, joseBgood" from the gallery. jmo

Realistically speaking, how many (imo) credible defenses are used in a murder case?

Self-Defense: NO.
Insufficient Proof or Evidence: NO, but JB keeps trying.
Factual Innocence: NO, unless JB can produce the Imaginanny.
Insanity: NO, she's definitely crazy like a fox but not insane. imo, the threshold is too high for this to fly.
Mental Defect: YES, let's follow the bread crumbs. Denial of pregnancy; unbearable, controlling mother; allegations of molestation. Dr. Gold's visit in late 2010. With his penchant for the dramatic, I wouldn't put past JB to claim that KC was in a fugue state brought on by the defendant's own mother when she tried to choke her. She doesn't remember! AHA moment.

Disclaimer: I have too much time on my hands and I just watched Primal Fear.

CM said Casey is a child. So apparently their strategy is to show up at court with a needle ready to be injected into Casey's arm. OMG.

After the court was ajourned, Baez looked angry when talking to Medina, hitting his hand a couple of times.

After watching today's Motion Hearing, it is now painfully obvious to me that the defense doesn't have a strategy. Seriously! I have seen no coherent effort on their part to present any kind of defense other than "The big bad po-po are out to get ICA....whaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Well....duh!

Well, unfortunately, although it pains me greatly to say this, I think Mason did a pretty good job bringing in those case law examples to bolster his case. Mason seemed to be pretty organized and on target today. No mumbling or problems hearing at all. Hmmm

After watching today's Motion Hearing, it is now painfully obvious to me that the defense doesn't have a strategy. Seriously! I have seen no coherent effort on their part to present any kind of defense other than "The big bad po-po are out to get ICA....whaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Well....duh!

I actually think the defense has multiple stradegies and how things pan out in these hearings will be the stradegy they go with. Basically, they haven't decided which stradegy they will use, yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07