Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 6 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when the recording was made of Doug telling Venus one of his options for solving the problem would be to use his father's 357 magnum?

I'm really curious to see if Venus's parents are served with an order to present the children before the court sometime in the very near future.

Wouldn't it be hilarious tomorrow when Doug goes to court he is served with an arrest warrant during what he thought would be a hearing and hauled off to the clinker!

I am praying and praying and praying.....

I am really concerned about the kids going back to DS. The grandparents hiding them and not letting him have any contact by phone I am afraid may hurt their case. I pray that the court make a good decesion regarding the children, I have seen to many times where the courts fail our children :(

This is a tough situation-the kids are of a tender age (3 and 5) so although it is terrible for them to lose contact with their parents, a few weeks will unlikely make a big dent in their worlds...but the longer this goes on, the more confused they will be. Undoubtedly.

I have to believe they have been interviewed, especially which ever one got up early with Venus and Venus' mom...IIRC Venus's mom indicated she last saw Venus at 6:45AM.

Now, the hearing....I have to also believe the DA assigned to Venus' case (if it has gone that far) will have to make a statement of some kind regarding the well being of the children and they might even state compelling evidence they have of DS's involvement in the abduction. It seems like law 101 that DS should not profit in anyway from the abduction of his wife if he is the suspect, of course. He remains a POI because he is not cooperating and they cannot eliminate him.

Gonna be quite a can of worms...do any locals know if the hearing will be a public one?

Hmm, according to this map:

circletour_map.gif

Lake Ontario is pretty far from Michigan. It looks like they connect, but would concrete float? Especially this far? Also, I think we're working with a pretty tight timeline as far as DS getting from MI in the a.m. until VA in the p.m. of the same day.

Obviously, not ruling anything out. I think it seems unlikely. MOO.

ETA: By float I don't mean sit on top of the water, I mean would it float away?

The body parts were in cement inside a metal barrel. Highly unlikely it is Venus.

I am really concerned about the kids going back to DS. The grandparents hiding them and not letting him have any contact by phone I am afraid may hurt their case. I pray that the court make a good decesion regarding the children, I have seen to many times where the courts fail our children :(

Venus's casual will indicated she wanted her parents to raise her children should something happen to her.

Since Venus had temporary full legal and full physical custody of the children, and there was a protective order to keep Doug away from the children, and because the parents have NEVER been ordered to allow contact between Doug and the children, they have done nothing illegal.

Venus was ordered to allow nightly phone conversations between the children and Doug, not Venus's parents.

I believe a judge will view the parents as looking out for the best interest of the children.

I am certain the judge is aware that Venus has disappeared, that Doug is the only Person of Interest in her disappearance.

The judge will know about the WalMart receipt for the purchase of the gloves, hat, tarp and shovel from the day before Venus disappeared as well as the tarp cover and slipper print found in the yard, about the truck seen across in the field appearing to be identical to the truck Venus left with Doug as well as the fact the tire casts appear to match the tires of Doug's truck.

Considering all of this, the judge would not expect anything less from Venus's parents and might be angered if the parents were allowing contact between the children and Doug, especially since it appears that he has murdered their mother.

That's just my opinion, of course.

Doug is innocent until proven guilty. He has every right to see and talk to his kids. Josh Smores still has his kids.

I think he will still be allowed to speak to his kids by phone, as is the current arrangement...he is not guilty of anything at this point, legally. I don't think a judge should take away that part of the agreement. JMO

As it is, if the kids were older, they might be getting a real earful against their father right now, as it does not appear that Venus' father holds back at all.

Doug is innocent until proven guilty. He has every right to see and talk to his kids. Josh Smores still has his kids.

Please don't think I'm being hostile. These are legitimate questions, Ruby! :)

Was Josh Smores' wife granted temporary full legal and full physical custody of the children and a Protective Order?

Did Josh Smores' wife have a recording of him stating he could use a particular weapon on her to solve his problem?

Did Josh Smores' wife have a will stating she wanted her parents to have custody of the children if she passed away or disappeared?

I am totally unfamiliar with the Josh Smores case. Is it really similiar?

I would think it is a judge's responsibility to protect the children. Clearly one of his fellow judges felt that Doug was enough of a danger to the children to deny him personal contact with the children! Doug wasn't even granted supervised visitation!

For a judge to grant Doug's petition for modification of the custody order would be outrageous, especially since it appears this is exactly why Venus disappeared; so Doug could have full physical and legal custody of the girls.

Oh, what I was asking is when is the last time anyone saw Venus out and about around her community. Was she in church on Sunday (if she was a church-goer)? Or maybe people saw her out at the grocery store/gas station/video store/etc over the weekend.

I assume the police don't just take anyone's word for anything and are establishing their own time-line, a significant event on that time-line is "when is the last time we can verify Venus's whereabouts in the world-at-large".

Sounds like there was a hearing on the 19th of April. How about after that, other "public" sightings of Venus that maybe some locals can pinpoint when she was last seen out and about? thanks.

I think that was a reference to Josh Powell making smores in the mountains in the middle of the night with the kids...JMO

Oh, what I was asking is when is the last time anyone saw Venus out and about around her community. Was she in church on Sunday (if she was a church-goer)? Or maybe people saw her out at the grocery store/gas station/video store/etc over the weekend.

I assume the police don't just take anyone's word for anything and are establishing their own time-line, a significant event on that time-line is "when is the last time we can verify Venus's whereabouts in the world-at-large".

Sounds like there was a hearing on the 19th of April. How about after that, other "public" sightings of Venus that maybe some locals can pinpoint when she was last seen out and about? thanks.

If you are pondering the idea that perhaps Venus's mother lied when she said the last time she saw here was at 6:45 AM and shortly before Venus disappeared, at least one of the girls was up when Venus and the mother were having coffee and I'm sure the police talked to the child or both children if they were both up.

If you are pondering the idea that perhaps Venus's mother lied when she said the last time she saw here was at 6:45 AM and shortly before Venus disappeared, at least one of the girls was up when Venus and the mother were having coffee and I'm sure the police talked to the child or both children if they were both up.

the children are in hiding, have the police interviewed them? And they are quite young.

I still think a thorough investigator would want to establish when Venus was last seen beyond any individual witnesses or family of witnesses say so.

"Believe nothing merely because you have been told it" is a guiding principle of Buddhism and should be a guiding principle of an investigator.

Trust, but verify. : )

I think this is a good question! Was wondering the same thing myself. When was the last time Venus felt safe enough to go out and do the normal tasks of life. Did she go shopping for food, or new shoes,clothes for her children, have a Dr.'s appt? Seems her visibility in and around the community would give some clues as to her hiding out or not and sense of safety. moo mho

I think we are off into speculation about how the children feel, to be honest.

Doug is looking for supervised visitation which is realistic, but proceed with caution. Because while I understand he has not been charged with a crime, let's say for a moment he kidnapped Venus and she is in an undisclosed location. It would be a huge bummer to then need to go through that anxiety if the two children disappear.

This is similar to the Survivor Producer's situation, right? He is the sole POI in his wife's murder but has not been charged. He is back in LA trying to obtain sole custody of his children from her parents.

Now, if Doug is not guilty, he is entitled to custody and visitation with his children. Why isnt he going for the whole shebang with this hearing? I wonder if he expects to be charged or he does not think he can get the order overturned....

OT, re: Bruce Beresford-Redman, they allowed him to leave Mexico? I thought he was "missing", didn't hear that he returned to the States.

I just think until LE moves forward with the case, DS should be allowed to speak to the kids on the phone. He apparently had not missed calling prior to her vanishing. (OK, we all know he did not call that night but we don't know what time LE caught up with him to tell him she was missing-if he didn't already know.) He does not need to be told where they are IMO, they could call him.

But that said, since his phone agreement was made w/ a judge and Venus, her parents are probably not violating anything at this time; they were not ordered by a judge to let him speak to the kids everyday.

OT, I am currently reading a book on the Christine Jessop case in Canada and how hideously guilty the system portrayed the accused (who was in fact innocent) so maybe I am feeling a little leery of LE at the moment :) In DS's case, I do feel LE has ample evidence to name him POI at minimum and fully expect that to be upgraded to suspect soon.

According to a good friend of Venus' mother on facebook, the custody hearing has been moved to May 28, Friday.

Also, there is a group in the Colon area organizing a protest in front of the courthouse against Doug being awarded custody of the children.

I just think until LE moves forward with the case, DS should be allowed to speak to the kids on the phone. He apparently had not missed calling prior to her vanishing. (OK, we all know he did not call that night but we don't know what time LE caught up with him to tell him she was missing-if he didn't already know.) He does not need to be told where they are IMO, they could call him.

But that said, since his phone agreement was made w/ a judge and Venus, her parents are probably not violating anything at this time; they were not ordered by a judge to let him speak to the kids everyday.

OT, I am currently reading a book on the Christine Jessop case in Canada and how hideously guilty the system portrayed the accused (who was in fact innocent) so maybe I am feeling a little leery of LE at the moment :) In DS's case, I do feel LE has ample evidence to name him POI at minimum and fully expect that to be upgraded to suspect soon.

According to Doug's own filings for custody, he did not speak to the children after April 23. No one stopped him from speaking to them...that's just the date he gave as the last time he talked to them before Venus went missing.

He also claims that after April 27, Venus' family quit letting him talk to the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23