Theories On What Happened To Susan Powell

"While it appears that Steven is close in age to Susan Powell and was driving through the Salt Lake City area within a day or two of her disappearance, any connection between the two seems entirely coincidental to us. Because we want to remain open to all possibilities, no matter how improbable, we have no issue with an exchange of information between the St. George and West Valley City police departments."

resized_Susan_Powell_missing_Utah_Mom.jpg

Steven_Koecher.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-30706-Sud...nsidered-by-Utah-missing-person-investigators

These types of articles give more leverage for the defense.

Without "proof", the prosecution would shoot this down in a NY minute because of speculation.

Angel Who Cares has posted some great media info on the Links only thread. Please take a look. Thank you...YOU are truly an angel and Colleen Russell is right along your side. Good work ladies.

"While it appears that Steven is close in age to Susan Powell and was driving through the Salt Lake City area within a day or two of her disappearance, any connection between the two seems entirely coincidental to us. Because we want to remain open to all possibilities, no matter how improbable, we have no issue with an exchange of information between the St. George and West Valley City police departments."

resized_Susan_Powell_missing_Utah_Mom.jpg

Steven_Koecher.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-30706-Sud...nsidered-by-Utah-missing-person-investigators

These types of articles give more leverage for the defense.

Next, Josh will be claiming that Susan ran off with Steven. (ala Drew Peterson style) :rolleyes:

No, but where was Steven when she disappeared? Do we know?

If he was in the SLC or Northern Utah, Nevada area, is it possible that he saw something or unintentionally helped Josh, left his name and number, and later was lured by Josh to Vegas? I am thinking of how he went out of his way to help his teenage neighbors in St. George a few days later. Is there any possibility that Steven met Josh in passing that night, with the boys and Susan in the van, helped them somehow, gave out his name and number, and was later tracked down by Josh?

Pure speculation, as I haven't followed the timelines closely enough for either case. But wouldn't several hundred miles put on a rental car take Josh to Vegas and back? Have the police released exactly how many miles? 200 or 700?

Sadly, I don't think she'll ever be found, although I wish nothing more than for me to be proven wrong.

My theory is that Josh burned her, and then scattered the remains in the water, in the desert, etc...somewhere basically where it wouldn't ever turn up because it would just look like ashes.

I just pray that Susan gets justice, and that her family can get some sort of closure in this horrible case :(

bbm

I was just wondering why you think she was burned?

No, but where was Steven when she disappeared? Do we know?

If he was in the SLC or Northern Utah, Nevada area, is it possible that he saw something or unintentionally helped Josh, left his name and number, and later was lured by Josh to Vegas? I am thinking of how he went out of his way to help his teenage neighbors in St. George a few days later. Is there any possibility that Steven met Josh in passing that night, with the boys and Susan in the van, helped them somehow, gave out his name and number, and was later tracked down by Josh?

Pure speculation, as I haven't followed the timelines closely enough for either case. But wouldn't several hundred miles put on a rental car take Josh to Vegas and back? Have the police released exactly how many miles? 200 or 700?

Someone had posted on Steven's FB page, who had checked the buses running from Sacramento to Wendover. Bus left at 3 in the morning and arrived in Wendover at approx. 3 pm. This would have been around the time SK was going thru there after he left Ruby Valley. Thought it was interesting. The (SK's) timeline theory is in conflict with what the mother said in the press conference. She nor any family has never mentioned his going to the temple that week. Which I find intriguing.

IMO, Susan didn't leave her children...........I still think it was domestic abuse that lead to murder by husband.

It takes an extremely hot fire to burn a body to ashes. It is not easy to do outside a crematory. It would take hours and hours and a lot of fuel to do it in the desert. People would notice, I think. Also, even after a body comes out of a cremation, there are lots of big chunks of bone--especially the femur--left over. They have to be ground up. Not pretty.

I hope searchers are looking for evidence of burned bones.

Personally, I think the mines are a better bet. Ker-plunk, easy peasy.

Someone had posted on Steven's FB page, who had checked the buses running from Sacramento to Wendover. Bus left at 3 in the morning and arrived in Wendover at approx. 3 pm. This would have been around the time SK was going thru there after he left Ruby Valley. Thought it was interesting. The (SK's) timeline theory is in conflict with what the mother said in the press conference. She nor any family has never mentioned his going to the temple that week. Which I find intriguing.

He was at a dinner on the 7th that he "left abruptly". Was at temple night before Ruby trip. Was in Wendover aprrox 13.5 hours later. Bus leaves at 3a arrives at 3p. Made a small purchase in SLC at approx 440p 1st candle light vigil in WVC. I find that really interesting. I present this to "Family and Friends SCP" and to "Where is SK" both sides arent interested based on "They would never leave thier families"...or they didnt know each other.

Find a connect to them going back at least a year or more?

He was at a dinner on the 7th that he "left abruptly". Was at temple night before Ruby trip. Was in Wendover aprrox 13.5 hours later. Bus leaves at 3a arrives at 3p. Made a small purchase in SLC at approx 440p 1st candle light vigil in WVC. I find that really interesting. I present this to "Family and Friends SCP" and to "Where is SK" both sides arent interested based on "They would never leave thier families"...or they didnt know each other.

Find a connect to them going back at least a year or more?

I don't think it's even feasible to hope anyone in the know would come forward.

He didn't arrive back in SG until early Friday morning, per his own mother at the press conference and I would think she gained her knowledge with the help of LE. Plus the fact she worked at the bank which had all the information.

The date of him being in RV changed from the 8th to the 9th, to the 10th.

As far as the dates quoted, unless you have access to the receipts from the places he made purchases, or his bank records.....there is no way to know the precise date of them....and make a confirmation of the exact date in RV.

Maybe not a year or more, but maybe Tim? Kiirsi or John? Half truths....."she was abducted". Maybe someone in SG who had connections to LV? Maybe the connection is just Josh e pooh?....on the down low. Just throwing out ideas to you.

Here is link if you haven't read it yet for discussion of possible connection. Wasn't rec'd with the greatest seriousness, as you mentioned above, but unless they find either SK or SCP, I'm firm on it. JMO

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98870"]3/25/2010: Susan Cox Powell - Steve Koecher - Josh Powell - Connection? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There is a really nice timeline compiled by laytonian as to SK movements going back about a year untill the date he went missing, with alot of detail on the time between Dec 7th and the 14th. Some very interesting stuff If you believe that SCP is alive...and believe there is a connection.

The time line is embeded in a story JAN 20 News 8 online Las Vegas tittle "Where is Steven Koecher"

Yes, I'm familiar with that timeline and as mentioned previously, I do not agree with specific parts of it.

Timeline starts in April and SK was having "difficulties" within his life prior to his move SG. Just as SCP was having difficulties way prior to her disappearance.

JMO

Yes, I'm familiar with that timeline and as mentioned previously, I do not agree with specific parts of it.

care to expand?

I already have. Basically, the timeline does not agree with what the mother said in the press conference.....and his arrival in RV.

Timeline says he left SG Thursday night. Mother says he arrived in RV on the 9th and back in SG early Friday. Conflict. This was after the first report he arrived in RV on the 8th. Did you go to the link I provided and read the info there?

Although, I think there is a connection, this is Susan's thread, and some people get upset with the subject. This should really be on SK's thread on the link I provided. Just trying to keep the peace, IYKWIM :)

He could have 'stored' her body someplace close to him or his father and is continually moving the body. I just thought of that because of the recent case I read about where the father/mother killed their daughter and he boxed her up but once she started smelling, buried her, then recovered her and packaged her up again. They eventually got a storage shed and hid her in there.

So if he's so controlling, maybe he couldn't handle leaving the body anywhere he couldn't watch it for onlookers.

I know that is a stretch, but it's just an idea.

Is it possible that Josh drugged Susan and loaded Susan and the boys in the van... meet families members to hand off Susan to be taken back to Washington and be help against her will. (control issues)

Susan was standing up to Josh and from what I been reading the Powell men are very controlling. It also sound like Steven Powell is starting his own cult with all the people living under his roof.

Just a short theory but still thinking on it.

I sure hope LE is watching everyone under Steven's roof.

I feel dumb asking this but what a secrecy:blushing:

----the state of keeping something secret

I'm guessing only, but once a file is on record with the courts, the judge has the right, if need be for some reason, to place a seal on the files. I don't know if this is what she meant, or just that LE will not talk about it.
The search warrants and the affidavit LE served on Josh for his car, home, garage, etc.-- for it would be on file, but if the judge had them sealed, no one can access them. They do this many times when children are involved with a case. IE: divorce, homicide in the family, etc.... Say LE did interview little son, I don't think that should be made public.

I’m taking a break from writing one of the hardest papers I’ve ever done, turned on the TV and I am watching ‘Criminal Minds’ one of my favorite programs. One of the actors said something that made me think of jp. The line was about “carrying a 110 lb woman who was deceased, it would be a difficult task”. It appears that Susan was more than 110lbs and jp is certainly not a muscular male. In fact he is the embodiment of the ’99lb weakling’.

He could not, alone, have carried Susan very far. Did someone help him? Did he park near or next to where she was placed? What about ‘putting a body in a sleeping bag and dragging it’. Could the snow/ice have made this easier to do?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back