DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminded me that the Savopoulos house SW allowed LE to look for/seize diagrams or photos. Who would have had access to diagrams? Are diagrams blueprints? What other type of diagrams would be relevant here? Maybe there is something I'm not thinking of.
bbm As noted above, during reno's, contractors wd/hv blueprints on site for daily use. Various contractor employees could see, imo.

Safe/panic room (in blueprint at vid arrow) --- did S fam make that improvement per Spring 2013 bldg permit?
Seems likely, imo, that these blueprints and earlier ones would be on file w permit office.
If these crimes were --
- planned, could one of DDW's chums have secured them from DC permit ofc?
- done on the fly, not likely a chum would have thought about it or gone to trouble of getting them, just imo.

Could it possibly be a laundry room, or a "mud room"? My eyesight is getting bad. I'm a little frustrated, because I can't read the words on this plan. I wish we had a more clear pic.
It would be good to find an additional source on the interviews with "contractors". I think contractor BD may have had a personal relationship in addition to professional with SS. (I don't know why he would use him for more than one project if he didn't!) All the reasons you give for entering from the house make sense to me (as to why he never entered from the driveway). I'm not sure that there was construction work still going on at the S house, but it was definitely still on at the dojo. You would think if his work was enlarging/renovating the garage, he would be intimately knowledgeable about the keypad, because he would need to be aware of electrical running to it, etc. This leads me to think that whatever work was going on in the garage was not related to the doors and the door side of the garage. Facundo has said the garage was enlarged in depth, but I don't understand how that could work. Depth, meaning eating into the rest of the house or depth into the yard to the right of the garage? It doesn't seem that there was any exterior change from earlier photos. What is this room outlined in blue? I see the smaller rectangle inside seems to say "toilet". there don't seem to be any exterior doors or windows, although I could just not be seeing them. There appears to be some type of conduit to the outside right above the toilet room, but I don't know what that is.
View attachment 78179

Yes, I will have to find it...I didn't save it.
Could you post the photo you found or a link to it? It would seem weird not to have a keypad to enter through the garage. Also, if the keypad keeps track of entries, that could be another reason LE jumped on JW about the money delivery in the garage.

Don't laugh, but I watched a huge number of homicide and theft videos put out by DC Police last night...so many people roll up on bikes! I had no idea so many people rode bikes to crimes! A bike would be easy to stash behind the house or down the street, and if it looked decent, it probably wouldn't really make anybody blink. Of course, you would have to then assume that somebody rode off on it or otherwise disposed of it (unless parked on the street someplace and left behind) but I can't stop seeing a picture in my mind of Wint casually peddling into the neighborhood.

I can see that too. Off topic, but:

This Teen Bicycle Gang Has Allegedly Been Groping Women in Brooklyn
Patch · 1 day ago

A gang of teenage boys has been riding through Brooklyn on bicycles and grabbing women’s butts, police say. The NYPD received reports of …

http://patch.com/new-york/parkslope...-has-allegedly-been-groping-women-in-brooklyn

Yes, I will have to find it...I didn't save it.

Yes, the photo of the keypad would be awesome. It would be nice to cross at least one baffling thing off my list of bafflement.

bbm As noted above, during reno's, contractors wd/hv blueprints on site for daily use. Various contractor employees could see, imo.

Safe/panic room (in blueprint at vid arrow) --- did S fam make that improvement per Spring 2013 bldg permit?
Seems likely, imo, that these blueprints and earlier ones would be on file w permit office.
If these crimes were --
- planned, could one of DDW's chums have secured them from DC permit ofc?
- done on the fly, not likely a chum would have thought about it or went to trouble of getting them, just imo.

Might be as simple as a friend/co-conspirator drawing a crude diagram of the house layout on the back of a napkin or in folded up document labeled "Evel Plan".

savo8.jpgI zoomed in 300% on my computer, before I saved it, but it's posting without the zoom.
Could you post the photo you found or a link to it? It would seem weird not to have a keypad to enter through the garage. Also, if the keypad keeps track of entries, that could be another reason LE jumped on JW about the money delivery in the garage.

I found information on the Chevy Cruze in which DW was riding when he was arrested.

In May 2013: Title or registration issued, First owner reported, Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle, Loan or lien reported.

Could it possibly be a laundry room, or a "mud room"? My eyesight is getting bad. I'm a little frustrated, because I can't read the words on this plan. I wish we had a more clear pic.

I was definitely thinking laundry room or mud room. Although, given the choice, most people put the laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms. It is a bit odd that there's no window on the end, if that is the case. JMO

View attachment 78183I zoomed in 300% on my computer, before I saved it, but it's posting without the zoom.

Thanks very much. I think I've seen this photo before and I thought before (and I think now) that there is a keypad on the left side of the left bay of the garage, tucked into the frame. Is that where you think you see it?

From Skigirl: "To rent a car you have to have a valid driver's license and a credit card."

Why risk your own ID being out there when you can use foolish females to do that for you? ....

sbm.
"Risk your own ID"? I'm understanding that to mean - why wd DDW rent car in own name w his DL & credit card, which would potentially allow LE to locate him more quickly, than car being rented in name of one of his chums?

Doubting DDW would have given 2 cts about getting stopped and cited for driving while suspended/revoked -- generally. Imo, he wd/want to avoid, esp May(~20?), LE ID'ing him thru car rental, linking him back to S house & killings. I've forgotten dispositions of vehicle related crim chg's which might have resulted in DL revocation. Has anyone verified whether DDW had current DL? Thx in adv.

From Skigirl: "To rent a car you have to have a valid driver's license and a credit card."

sbm.
"Risk your own ID"? I'm understanding that to mean - why wd DDW rent car in own name w his DL & credit card, which would potentially allow LE to locate him more quickly, than car being rented in name of one of his chums?

Has anyone verified whether DDW had current DL? Doubting DDW would have given 2 cts about getting stopped for driving while suspended/revoked. I've forgotten dispositions of vehicle related crim chg's what might have resulted in revocation of his DL. Imo, he wd/hv cared about LE ID'ing him thru a rental, linking back to S house & killings. Thx in adv.

Yep, that's what I meant. He thought he was clever covering himself by having the girls handle cash exchanges, and if the car was a rental DW even if he had a valid license wouldn't be likely to rent. Do rental agencies check driver's driving histories? I know they check enough to verify license validity, but do they go further to protect themselves? I have no experience in this.

Just being obnoxiously repetitive: who rented the Amerit since they claim there was no shenanigans involved? :) Or did one of the guys in the truck work for them? Amerit does fleet work we know, so how did the truck come into this party?

The large room in back of the garage could be the mechanics/heart of the house with all the electrical, boiler, etc. in addition to being a mudroom or laundry room?

ETA: rofl at DW's precautions given that his DNA identified him immediately.

Yes, that's where I see it. I don't know why it didn't post my zoomed version...and, you're welcome.
Thanks very much. I think I've seen this photo before and I thought before (and I think now) that there is a keypad on the left side of the left bay of the garage, tucked into the frame. Is that where you think you see it?

Yes that's true, something I suspect, no link.

Please refresh my sanity. Real early on did I hear about a search on a pick-up truck owned by wint? Is it my imagination or a figment of my imagination?
Probably a reference to someone named Wint being in the Amerit truck.

Yep, that's what I meant. He thought he was clever covering himself by having the girls handle cash exchanges, and if the car was a rental DW even if he had a valid license wouldn't be likely to rent. Do rental agencies check driver's driving histories? I know they check enough to verify license validity, but do they go further to protect themselves? I have no experience in this.

Just being obnoxiously repetitive: who rented the Amerit since they claim there was no shenanigans involved? :) Or did one of the guys in the truck work for them? Amerit does fleet work we know, so how did the truck come into this party?

The large room in back of the garage could be the mechanics/heart of the house with all the electrical, boiler, etc. in addition to being a mudroom or laundry room?

No, they don't check driver history. If you have a valid driver's license, they rent a car to you if you are over a certain age (I think 25) and if you have a credit card.

I guess that would solve a piece of the puzzle, as to how JW was able to gain access into the garage. In the NT article, Davies also mentioned that one could not access the garage, through the garage doors. He said that he had to go through the house (via the front door, I believe), to gain access inside the garage. That also doesn't make sense to me, unless the keypad was added, after his work was completed. Although, according to the article, they were still working on the garage, at the time of the murders. Maybe the article is inaccurate? Someone, I think Facundo, posted an older photo of the garage. I think it may be a 2009 photo. I can go back through the thread, and see if I can tell if there was a keypad, at that time.
Yes, the photo of the keypad would be awesome. It would be nice to cross at least one baffling thing off my list of bafflement.

I agree with you. I think he thought he was so clever, that he was going to get away with this crime. Can you imagine the look on his face, when he was watching the news with his gf, and saw his face pop up on the screen, along with the news that they recovered his DNA from the pizza crust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie