TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Missie could really use an age progression pic of Deanna.

I have no clue as to where to advise her to request someone to do that for her.

Missie given that Deanna has been gone for so long, I really do think an age progression might help you.

Kat, We're still waiting for the age progression. I'm quoting myself here to help explain how it's been going:
We were given several "composite" age progressions. Each time we were given one we were asked what we thought needed changed. The 1st one made her look like a man, I wish I was exagerating. The 2nd one made her look like she had eaten her twin, like she was 150 pounds over weight. The third one just needed a very few minor adjustments. We were told they were gonna do those adjustments and then we would have a final age progression....
And we're STILL waiting for that final one. I've asked Sgt.D about it and he said it's up to the volunteer artist to complete it.

I think that Missie could really use an age progression pic of Deanna.

I have no clue as to where to advise her to request someone to do that for her.

Missie given that Deanna has been gone for so long, I really do think an age progression might help you.

Hi Kat,

I thought I had seen someone on WS who had done age progressions. I am relatively new to WebSleuths but I think I saw an age progression that someone had done on another case - but where? Do they have to be professionally done or can an acceptable progression be done by an artistic WS member for public distribution? I apologize for asking so many questions but would really like to see Missie get some traction on her missing sister.

Do you or Missie know how we can move forward on this? I can point towards an excellent WS member who is an artist but am unsure if any age progressions would be possible - don't know if they have been attempted before. Do we have to wait for the LE artist?

Kat, We're still waiting for the age progression. I'm quoting myself here to help explain how it's been going:

And we're STILL waiting for that final one. I've asked Sgt.D about it and he said it's up to the volunteer artist to complete it.

How long ago were the final "touch ups" requested MissieMt?

On a different search, there are only six Deanna's that come up under the whole country, with her exact birthdate. One of those if the FL one I pmed you. The others are:

Deanna C Johnson- From Georgia
Deanna Nokes-Las Vegas, NV
Deanna T Grant- Chicago, IL, IA, and IN
Deanna L Blunt- Michigan
Deanna K Johnson- AL

Hi Julessleuther, I am in awe of how you are getting this information. This search was done on exact birthdate - are you able to do one for 02 Feb 1976, 02 Feb 1975, 02 Feb 1974, 02 Feb 1973, and to stretch it a bit one for 02 Feb 1972. If you let me in on your sleuthing secret I would do the searches or if they are time consuming we can split up the work.

Thanks, Elep

Hi! Yes, I can do a search later tonight. I am literally leaving in 5 min to drive to CA, but will get online tonight and do some more research. I could clunk myself on the head for not checking those dates earlier---she might have tried to pass herself off as older, and could maybe even have changed the 1977 to a 1974 very easily. I will work on this in a few hours, I promise! As far as the "blip" that Missie is referring to with the 1995 contact, is there anyone here who is retired LE who could tell us why there might be a police report that identifies tattoos, but not an arrest etc? If it were a routine traffic stop, they would not have indicated tattoos, right? Are we correct in guessing domestic situation, where pics might have been taken?

Hi Julessleuther, I am in awe of how you are getting this information. This search was done on exact birthdate - are you able to do one for 02 Feb 1976, 02 Feb 1975, 02 Feb 1974, 02 Feb 1973, and to stretch it a bit one for 02 Feb 1972. If you let me in on your sleuthing secret I would do the searches or if they are time consuming we can split up the work.

Thanks, Elep

I believe it is TX DPS who is handling the age progression.
The final touch up was requested at the beginning of the year. I get the impression that they are a bit higher on the totum pole, or it's done by a volunteer so all we can do is wait.
I got a response back from Sgt.D He is going to look into her possibly using or requesting one of our b.c.'s or ss cards.

Hi! Yes, I can do a search later tonight. I am literally leaving in 5 min to drive to CA, but will get online tonight and do some more research. I could clunk myself on the head for not checking those dates earlier---she might have tried to pass herself off as older, and could maybe even have changed the 1977 to a 1974 very easily. I will work on this in a few hours, I promise! As far as the "blip" that Missie is referring to with the 1995 contact, is there anyone here who is retired LE who could tell us why there might be a police report that identifies tattoos, but not an arrest etc? If it were a routine traffic stop, they would not have indicated tattoos, right? Are we correct in guessing domestic situation, where pics might have been taken?

Julessleuther, You are an absolute gem for continuing the search for the dates that would make Deanna "older" on paper than she actually is. If your search provides something concrete to go on all bets are on that we can search for any and all "internet footprints" .. giddy up go, that is what I like doing.

Elp

I believe it is TX DPS who is handling the age progression.
The final touch up was requested at the beginning of the year. I get the impression that they are a bit higher on the totum pole, or it's done by a volunteer so all we can do is wait.
I got a response back from Sgt.D He is going to look into her possibly using or requesting one of our b.c.'s or ss cards.

Hi MissieMt, Wow .. just wow .. there is a lot of information that you have provided over the past couple of years in regards to Deanna going missing. All the threads have now been read and key points have been captured in a word document... just because I hate searching through threads. The first mention of an age progression was October 31, 2007 - did anything come of this - it was going to be done by NCMEC?

Excellent news on the checking of the bc's and SS cards for other family members - probably would have been requested for the oldest sister (Amy I believe) as that would give her an older age on paper.

I have a question about one of the pix showing on the Photobucket account - would it be ok to push the pix out here and see who it is a pix of - I am not sure by looking at it if it is a pix or an artist rendition?

Thanks and my heart goes out to you and your family .... Elp

I originally thought the age progression would be done by NCMEC but it was handed off to TXDPS.

Not all of the photos in that photobucket are of family members. Some of them are from past cases that I worked on. I don't think it would be good to publish them here since most have been found/identified.

ETA: I went ahead and moved the pics from previous cases to a private album. If there is still a photo on there that you have a question about than it can be published here.

Sorry guys I could not get online at the hotel last night! I did a search for 1974-1976, and nothing popped out. I saved all the names in a word doc, which I will try to post. Something definitely popped out for me for 1973 though, and I want to research this person much more, particularly because they once lived in Killeen, they seem to have had "several" names, and the middle initial is M.

VANDERPOOL, DEANA  M

Associated names:
HURLEY, DEANA M
HURLEY, DEANNA M
LINES, DEANA
VANDERPOD, DEANA M
VANDERPOOL, DEANNA

TOWANDA, PA
ELMIRA, NY
WELLSBORO, PA
SAYRE, PA
TROY, PA
KILLEEN, TX

Related People:
Lawrence Lines (Age 38)
Darcy Vanderpool (Age 36) It also apprears that the Darcy is also this Deanna, and is another name for her...

I then did a search for the Lawrence person who is "related" and he also lived in Killeen, TX and appears to have been in the military. Here is the places he is listed as living:

CORTLAND, NY
LIVERPOOL, NY
TROY, PA
HOMER, NY
TULLY, NY
KILLEEN, TX
APO NEW YORK, NY

I am very familiar with many of these NY and PA places, and I can tell you that they are small towns and not near military bases. Liverpool is the closest to a larger city, Syracuse. His related persons are the Deanna, and also a Audrey Labarre, who is 33. Any of these names ringing a bell Missie?

I lastly did a search for the Darcey Vanderpool and these are the names that came up for her:
BIDLACK, DARCEY S
FAZIO, D
HURLEY, DEANA
HURLEY, DEANNA
SHEDDEN, FRANCIS
SHEDDEN, DARCY F
SHEDDEN, DARCEY S
VANDERPOOL, DEANA
VANDERPOOL, D ALBERT

These are all names for the same person--she certainly seemed to have several names??? None of her cities listed are Killeen though. Coincidence?

Ok--On ancestry.com Deana Lines lived in Killeen in 1990 and 1991; Lawrence lived at the same addresses (he is listed as Lawrence Jr.)

3310 E Rancier #355, Killeen, Texas 76543-1001 (1991)
[1 62 Armr C CO, Killeen, Texas 76544-0801 (1990)]

None of those names sound familiar, but good sleuthing Jules.
That addy you listed for E.Rancier is an apartment complex. Not sure if they still are, but back in the early 90's they were considered one of the few "nice" apt. complexes. IIRC there was a lot of military that lived there.

Ok--On ancestry.com Deana Lines lived in Killeen in 1990 and 1991; Lawrence lived at the same addresses (he is listed as Lawrence Jr.)

3310 E Rancier #355, Killeen, Texas 76543-1001 (1991)
[1 62 Armr C CO, Killeen, Texas 76544-0801 (1990)]

Jules, I don't believe that there is an apartment complex at that address any longer. Also, in the intervening years it has become to be known as a not so nice part of town.

That is neither here nor there. Just an aside.

I'm going to do some digging but at first glance this is the unit that the Soldier named above was assigned at this duty station ~ Fort Hood TX.

It appears that it might be connected with 2nd Armor Division.

The number 1 or 1/62 might be the brigade the soldier was assigned to within the Division. The C is for the company the soldier served with while living at that apartment.

I will do some work, it might take awhile but that designation is very important if accurate.

Once that military address is tracked down to the correct, division, bridage, battalion, company.

You have pinpointed the soldier in question to company level and you have pinpointed exactly where they were in 1990.

Why is that important? You can find him by moving forward and there are many avenues in which to request contact from him that is not intrusive and in which he chooses to contact you or not to contact you.

I'll work on it, but it will take time. The unit he was with may have been deactivated or adopted into another BDE or BN since 1990-1991. Then if the previous happened the BDE or BN may have been moved from Fort Hood.

Give me time. I'll work on it when I can :)

Hi JulesSleuther, Great sleuthing and looking at the other birth years for the "age factor". Very interesting that the 1973 popped out some interesting information. We now have some further leads to go on which is great - I see Kat is going to dig in to the military aspect so I will see if any headway can be made on some of the other aliases and places. Great work JS.

Marriage for:

079041 LINES LAWRENCE M JR age: 20

VANDERPOOL DEANA M age: 18

Date of Marriage: 7/15/1991

BELL (The city of Killeen is in Bell County Texas)

Fort Hood straddles the county line of Bell and Coryell in this side of Fort Hood. FYI

http://www.surnamescan.com/txmar/1986-1993/mar91-l2.htm (use edit search functon for easier location)

It looks like D. Hurley is living in Towanda PA, white pages listing for in her name.

Guthrie Gallop 10k
May 09, 2009
http://www.runhigh.com/2009 WEB RESULTS/R050909CB.html
D. Hurley mentioned. Towanda PA

THE ITHACA TWILIGHT 5K
June 20, 2007
http://www.fingerlakesrunners.org/races/results/2007/Twilight.txt
D. Hurley mentioned. Towanda PA

Obit with D. Hurley and Husband's name mentioned: dated March 16, 2002
(Edit search: PAUL L. NORTHRUP)
http://www.joycetice.com/obitcemb/bcmpobitn.htm

http://74.95.82.236:591/rconline/FM...ts&IsCurrent=Y&-max=20&-recid=12614141&-find=
Watson Wins Guthrie Gallop - 5/14/2009 D. Hurley mentioned.

Deana M. Vanderpool has more other associated names than most people to say the least:

Deana M. Vanderpool known as:

HURLEY, DEANA M
HURLEY, DEANNA M
LINES, DEANA
VANDERPOD, DEANA M
VANDERPOOL, DEANNA

Lawrence Michael Lines known as:

LINES, LARRY M
LINES, LAWRENCE M

Darcey Sue Vanderpool known as:

BIDLACK, DARCEY S
FAZIO, D
HURLEY, DEANA
HURLEY, DEANNA
SHEDDEN, FRANCIS
SHEDDEN, DARCY F
SHEDDEN, DARCEY S
VANDERPOOL, DEANA
VANDERPOOL, D ALBERT

Marriage in Bell Texas (Killeen):

LINES LAWRENCE M JR 20 VANDERPOOL DEANA M 18 7/15/1991

Note: Darcey Sue Vanderpool is not showing as ever lived in Killeen but both Deana M. Vanderpool and Lawrence Michael Lines lived in Killeen Texas.

I think we need to follow this one down the rabbit hole until we can completely rule it out elpher.

Noted:
HURLEY, DEANA M (I think this is her current name used).
HURLEY, DEANNA M (second or later marriage surname, variation of spell first name, Middle initial)
LINES, DEANA (first marriage surname, first name)
VANDERPOD, DEANA M (typo on maiden name, first name, middle initial)
VANDERPOOL, DEANNA (maiden name variation of spelling of first name)

As for the associated names for Darcey Sue Vanderpool. I am wondering if Darcey Sue stole Deana's Identity? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23