TX - Koda Blocker, 4, dies in washing machine, dad charged, 9 Dec 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...rge-after-4-year-old-son-found-dead/20235207/

The child was dead when first responders arrived at the residence in the 2400 block of Newcastle Drive. Police said Blocker, 28, was home alone with Koda and a 22-month-old child.

Detectives aren't releasing many details, but they believe the family's front-loader washing machine played a part in a little boy's death, saying his injuries appears to be consistent with having been inside the appliance.

"From what we know about the washing machine... that door has to be shut, and then someone has to push a button on the outside to get that started," said police spokesman Officer Joe Harn. "It does not start by automatically shutting that door."

as always the dailymail has the best and most photos

Blocker, who lives with his children and a woman at the address, was arrested at the scene.

Neighbor Yesenia Varela told CBS he was there when Blocker was taken into custody on Tuesday.
'He had no expression on his face,' she said. 'I don't know what to tell you. He had no expression.'
Another neighbor, Luz Juarez, said Blocker's hands appeared to be streaked with blood.

Blocker was taken to the Garland Detention Center on the murder charge. His bond has been set at $500,000.

According to public records, Blocker pleaded guilty to marijuana possession in 2005 and was convicted on a DWI charge in 2013.

The boy's mother was out of state at the time, WFAA reported. The little girl is now in her care.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-injured-washing-machine.html#ixzz3LcEjKWoD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh, thank you, Ticya. I couldn't find a pic earlier. From the DM link:

634da08a-a287-42bd-8e92-e66e73390159_zpsa54b3f67.jpg

Could the little boy have climbed in playing a game and the 22 month old pushed the button?

Could the little boy have climbed in playing a game and the 22 month old pushed the button?

I have had 2 sets of front load machines and both have had 2 buttons to push. First you push a button to turn on the power, then push the start button to get the machine going - this second button you have to push and hold for 3 or 4 seconds. I'm skeptical that a 22 month old could get the sequence of that if this was the type of front load washer I'm familar with...

I have had 2 sets of front load machines and both have had 2 buttons to push. First you push a button to turn on the power, then push the start button to get the machine going - this second button you have to push and hold for 3 or 4 seconds. I'm skeptical that a 22 month old could get the sequence of that if this was the type of front load washer I'm familar with...

Hmm, I frequently use a front load and it only has to be one button pushed and it's only for a second. However, that button is at the very top of the machine. You look down on it to see it, as an adult. So I would not think a young child of even 4 could reach it.

Contradicting an earlier report- my front loader WILL start automatically IF it was running and the cycle interrupted. Shut the door and it continues where the cycle left off.

I can't find any updates at all about this case :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back