NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaniya Davis case update: Court dates, resolving
confusion, remembering Shaniya

Snip>>>>>>>>>>
Visit Mario McNeill's past records as seen through NC DOC website.

The North Carolina Court System website offers upcoming court dates, and perhaps more confusion.

Mario McNeill's next court date is scheduled for Oct. 28, 2010 at the Cumberland County Courthouse in room 2B surrounding first-degree rape and murder charges. The Central Prison inmate will face his next court date for first-degree kidnapping on Nov. 4, 2010 at the Cumberland County Courthouse in, again, 2B.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...dates-resolving-confusion-remembering-shaniya

:rolleyes: I sure will not be surprised when I hear another postponement.

I'm not clear on if MAM appeared and it was continued, or if it was continued prior to appearing? We need an attorney.

Think I'll mark these on my calender, and just go next time.

I'm not clear on if MAM appeared and it was continued, or if it was continued prior to appearing? We need an attorney.

Think I'll mark these on my calender, and just go next time.

That would be wonderful!!!! Our own, in house, WS reporter. :woohoo:

I was reading another case from NC this past week, and it looks like it's the same with info/reporting. I think they are just tight lipped, and I think that is often a REALLY GOOD thing.

That would be wonderful!!!! Our own, in house, WS reporter. :woohoo:

I was reading another case from NC this past week, and it looks like it's the same with info/reporting. I think they are just tight lipped, and I think that is often a REALLY GOOD thing.

I know- I really want to understand what's going on here. I can't help but wonder if there is a chance there are more victims here.

Got the 29th marked on the calender....will report back. Keep fingers crossed!

I know- I really want to understand what's going on here. I can't help but wonder if there is a chance there are more victims here.

Got the 29th marked on the calender....will report back. Keep fingers crossed!

I am reading the 28th. (I did not see the 29th)

I am reading the 28th. (I did not see the 29th)

I think she meant Sept. 29th. AD's next court date.

Antoinette Davis is scheduled for Sept. 29, 2010 in room 2B for both felonies and both misdemeanors.

I think she meant Sept. 29th. AD's next court date.

Antoinette Davis is scheduled for Sept. 29, 2010 in room 2B for both felonies and both misdemeanors.

Correct. I'll try to hit MAM's also but we have a job scheduled for around that time and may miss it. JTSYS might be able to though.

I'll be interested to see if they reschedule AD's. As they get pushed farther and farther out, we are closer and closer to overlapping the anniversary of Shaniya's murder. I wonder how that will impact media coverage.

Thank you for that link by the way. Still thinking of you, Shaniya.

I haven't found anything about AD's baby, but I think this might be out of respect for he/she being a minor?

I was looking up the law in NC and trying to figure out what would happen to a baby if the mother was taking any sort of illegal drugs during pregnancy and found this:

http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/43/1/235

I have not found the social services action if the mother is still awaiting trial (and in AD's case, there are no drug charges being brought- although now that I think of it- the trafficking itself may include a drug charge?)

Anyway- I think basically in NC , hospitals/doctors/LE/social services can test the baby at birth at will- and then take into custody if they test positive. But if they do test and test negative...I think the mother/father/guardian would be allowed to keep the child in their custody while awaiting trial for outstanding charges?

Which...sucks. :(
But I don't know for certain.

I agree that fact the birth has not been reported is due to the baby being a minor. I would love to know what is being done to protect the baby though. But, all CPS activity is kept away from the press correct?
So, we may never know.

<modsnip>, I think that is just the law.

I agree that fact the birth has not been reported is due to the baby being a minor. I would love to know what is being done to protect the baby though. But, all CPS activity is kept away from the press correct?
So, we may never know.

Still, <modsnip>, I think that is just the law.

I think so also. There's no way that info is going to be released.

I am hugely glad for this (the protecting of this child legally, and in the media) but at the same time... ugh, also want to know that this baby is safe.

I can't help but think of Shaniya having a baby sibling out there. I don't know why, but I feel like she would have loved having a baby brother or sister.

Whoever and wherever you are- welcome, baby! We love you.
And we will never forget your sister.

I can't help but think of Shaniya having a baby sibling out there. I don't know why, but I feel like she would have loved having a baby brother or sister.
<respectfully snipped>

I can see her cradling a little brother or sister in her arms...can't you see that picture? :-(

Even if there were no drugs in her system, I believe what she did and didnt do for Shaniya constitutes an important reason why AD should NEVER have custody of a child again! JMHO.

I agree! She should not have that baby. And if she does, I hope she is being watched very closely.

I haven't found anything about AD's baby, but I think this might be out of respect for he/she being a minor?

I was looking up the law in NC and trying to figure out what would happen to a baby if the mother was taking any sort of illegal drugs during pregnancy and found this:

http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/43/1/235

I have not found the social services action if the mother is still awaiting trial (and in AD's case, there are no drug charges being brought- although now that I think of it- the trafficking itself may include a drug charge?)

Anyway- I think basically in NC , hospitals/doctors/LE/social services can test the baby at birth at will- and then take into custody if they test positive. But if they do test and test negative...I think the mother/father/guardian would be allowed to keep the child in their custody while awaiting trial for outstanding charges?

Which...sucks. :(
But I don't know for certain.
;) and how about a wman who sold her child?????
Lets set aside the drugs for one moment.
They do not have to show pictures of the child...They just have to report that <modsnip>MOM delivered a new potential victim.
NOP, not a question of law.....IT WAS HUSHED.

QUOTE]
<respectfully snipped>

I can see her cradling a little brother or sister in her arms...can't you see that picture? :-(

Even if there were no drugs in her system, I believe what she did and didn't do for Shaniya constitutes an important reason why AD should NEVER have custody of a child again! JMHO.
RIGHT ON !!!!! IMO it is a new potential victim.
They took her son so they knew she was not a reliable parent.
We never again heard about her boy, who knows they may have given him back to her too.
In fact I would not be shocked iF they did.
NO MENTION OF HIM EITHER. It is a hushed case. IMO

;) and how about a wman who sold her child?????
Lets set aside the drugs for one moment.
They do not have to show pictures of the child...They just have to report that MONSTER MOM delivered a new potential victim.
NOP, not a question of law.....IT WAS HUSHED.

She has not been convicted of selling her child yet.

I was just curious about the law and how it pertained to custody of children born to mothers who have/had illegal substances in their system, as well as mothers awaiting trial for charges that pertain to child endangerment.

I think that releasing any info at all about a child being born in this situation would violate HIPPA as well as the NC state code.

JMO.

This is all I pray for also. And the same for Shaniya's new sibling. I didn't mean to say I wanted to know where they were- just that my heart wants to know they are safe. That's all.

I think it's the same for all of us who care. Just to know they are safe. I understand we may not know for a long time, but it doesnt mean we can't stop praying!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb