TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's not released is strange and so is what is released. Why did they release that blood was found?

Remember that more than one LE agency is involved and are under different pressures. That could be a cause.

ATV's are very noisey, I don't believe he used one.

Im sure there are alot of dirt roads back there we cant see them on the maps!
he very well could have had a car waiting! And drove right out of there.

Hollye, I am just trying to get caught up today, and I do not know if it has been confirmed that the "substantial" finding was indeed found at the Eaton Plant. I posted a Map last night, which indicates Holly's House and 100 Eaton St. (the Eaton Plant), as I wondered if the perp could navigate through the Bush via ATV or Foot, but Greengreen said that it had not been said where the Substantial finding was found.

Anyway, here is the Map, maybe it will be helpful to you.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=from:+681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn+to:+100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn&ie=UTF8&t=h&saddr=681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn&daddr=100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn&geocode=FehrIAIdfYy--ilD_F71fGJ8iDFmPvQueqLSHA%3BFYt-IAIdM2y_-iklZOrB4oh8iDGT1BYQOSL-pQ&ll=35.674938,-88.145628&spn=0.017361,0.035963&z=14

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Here's the statement of where it was found:
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...Holly-Bobo?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"A group of volunteers walking along U.S. 641/Tenn. 69 today found an item near 100 Eaton St."

I wonder if the parts about the blood and lunch box were released before some other agency came in and said "no more info".

I hope whatever it is they are doing, works. I think it has gone on too long for this veil of secrecy to continue, but what do I know.

I think the "tip" aspect from yesterday is interesting.

They didn't say a passerby found evidence and alerted police.

They said a "tip" led to the evidence. That makes it seem like the tip is from:

A) Holly (who maybe briefly got to a phone)

B) the perp (who is playing games)

C) someone who knows the perp (mother, girlfriend, son, daughter, sibligng, etc.), maybe even lives with them, and suspects the perp and thinks what they found may be related (Hollly jewlery, etc.)

Whoever gave LE a tip as to where to find anything related to the case has to know a lot more than a passerby.

A called in tip could just be a cover story for information they got some other way.

With the parents/family not going on TV to make more pleas for her safe return, it seems sort of strange. I understand how distraught they are though and it would take a huge amount of strength. But even in the case of Brittany Smith, who was allegedly abducted and her mother was found murdered in their home, her aunts eventually went to press conferences to make pleas for her safe return. I remember thinking it was sad when this first happened that with her mom now deceased and her being abducted, who would be there to go on TV and plea for her return. I know there are other cases such as there not being an immediate family member left to speak to media, but just seems to me, the family would want to go on and try to communicate how much they love her and to please don't hurt her and to please just send her home to us. And speak directly to her and tell her they love her and will not stop searching for her. This is one of the first cases where I have not seen family go to media and at least say to their missing loved one that they are looking for them. I am no way passing judgment on this poor family, as they may very well have reasons we are not aware of for not doing this. (MOO)

What if it was anger that drove him? I think his mind set from the get go was "If I cant have her no one can" JMO

I agree that is an underlying theme. I think that is the end game moment in his mind. He may just want to see how long he can keep the game going.

I think the "tip" aspect from yesterday is interesting.

They didn't say a passerby found evidence and alerted police.

They said a "tip" led to the evidence. That makes it seem like the tip is from:

A) Holly (who maybe briefly got to a phone)

B) the perp (who is playing games)

C) someone who knows the perp (mother, girlfriend, son, daughter, sibligng, etc.), maybe even lives with them, and suspects the perp and thinks what they found may be related (Hollly jewlery, etc.)

Whoever gave LE a tip as to where to find anything related to the case has to know a lot more than a passerby.

If it's C this is the #1 reason they need to tell people IF it definitely was hers. They don't need to say what, just that it 100% belonged to her.

A culmination of factors and evidence will undoubtely jar someones memory or push a suspicion over to "I think XYZ did it".

At some point, maybe soon, I think LE will have to make a decision about putting what they know (if anything) out there to ask the public for real help, looking for a specific vehicle, showing a mugshot, whatever they may have. Picking up bits and pieces of things in the woods that may have nothing to do with Holly are not helping to find her, at least not thus far. LE is notorious for not wanting to release info, but if they are truly stuck, they may have to admit that as well.

To our local friends
How unusual would an ATV at 7 am be in that area?
I know of areas where it wouldn't stand out at all as everyone has one and uses them to go feed their horses, check their property, put mail in the box, etc.... But what's the case in that area?

"We have taken in hundreds of pieces of possible evidence, so we are sorting through it to see if it is related to Holly or not," Kristin Helm, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, told The Huffington Post.

On Sunday, investigators announced they had found a "significant" item. Volunteers reportedly told Fox 13's Earle Farrell the significant piece of evidence is a cell phone. Helm declined to comment and would only say that there are "lots of rumors and speculation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/25/holly-bobo-whitney-duncan_n_853427.html

Strangers things have happened. For some perps the thrill is in the game and outsmarting LE and citizens. I can totally believe the perp would be right there in the midst of this, probably has been on searches, and still has Holly near him. For some reason I feel she is still alive and that's a feeling I've never had in other cases.

I agree.

The first month of Shawn Hornbeck's captivity, FBI said that perp Michael Devlin told his pizza parlor boss that he had to go home twice a day to "medicate a sick cat."

I agree that is an underlying theme. I think that is the end game moment in his mind. He may just want to see how long he can keep the game going.

I hope one day we will have an ans!

If Holly was abducted on an ATV, how much gas does one of those hold? That would give LE an idea of just how far he could transport her via an ATV. I'm more inclined to think he had his vehicle parked down the road but took Holly through the woods to get to it instead of in plain sight on the roadside.

I googled that and found that an average ATV holds about 4 gallons of gas and can travel approx. 70-80 miles on that. This was on an ATV forum and some posters said they had added a larger gas tank to their ATV so they could go further while others mentioned bringing extra gas along with them.

Not to mention the fact that they are rather noisy and would get the neighbor's attention.

along that line......LE only released that a neighbor heard a scream...no mention of any other sounds...ATV....i would think a car would be much quieter....so perhaps the car went away from the neighbors house

JMO

To our local friends
How unusual would an ATV at 7 am be in that area?
I know of areas where it wouldn't stand out at all as everyone has one and uses them to go feed their horses, check their property, put mail in the box, etc.... But what's the case in that area?

That was what I thought when I read the comment about the noise. In my area, (West Tn), people wouldn't think a thing about hearing an ATV, it is so common...

"We have taken in hundreds of pieces of possible evidence, so we are sorting through it to see if it is related to Holly or not," Kristin Helm, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, told The Huffington Post.

On Sunday, investigators announced they had found a "significant" item. Volunteers reportedly told Fox 13's Earle Farrell the significant piece of evidence is a cell phone. Helm declined to comment and would only say that there are "lots of rumors and speculation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/25/holly-bobo-whitney-duncan_n_853427.html

LOL Heck yea theres lot's of rumors and speculation....Thats all anyone has...

That was what I thought when I read the comment about the noise. In my area, (West Tn), people wouldn't think a thing about hearing an ATV, it is so common...

Its also Turkey season.. Hunters must be out early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie