Hi new to this forum.....my thoughts on the Routier case

]The sock in the alley? I thought this was part of her attempt to lead LE on a wild goose chase .

It most probably was an attempt at a ruse on Darlie's part. Just two small smears of the boys blood was found on the sock and none of Darlie's blood. And, if the intruder was trying to flee the scene, he chose the wrong way down the alley.[/QUOTE]

I've often wondered if Darlie had been, not planning necessarily, but having thoughts of doing this, before that night. Then the stressors and events of the day plus the diet meds were the straw that broke the camel's back.

I definitely believe they brought a lot of stress on themselves. They were only in that house for roughly 3 years. They just went crazy with the money and Darin couldn't earn it fast enough. I never believed that the kid's life insurance was a motive, but I'd bet $ that if the police had bought her intruder story, she would've filed on her homeowners insurance and probably gotten a settlement. IMO

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.914637,-96.772918"]Google Maps[/ame]

]

It most probably was an attempt at a ruse on Darlie's part. Just two small smears of the boys blood was found on the sock and none of Darlie's blood. And, if the intruder was trying to flee the scene, he chose the wrong way down the alley.

I've often wondered if Darlie had been, not planning necessarily, but having thoughts of doing this, before that night. Then the stressors and events of the day plus the diet meds were the straw that broke the camel's back.

This is just a repost, did not display Crow Ascending's original quote correctly. Sorry. :blush:

Hi..i havent really been following this story but a friend of m ine has been directed to this case recently and thinks Darlie is innocent because of the following points. I just wanted to know if you could tell me if his points are right or wherever he got information from is wrong? i thought you guys would be the best folk to ask. Thanks ;)

1. He says there were unexplained finger prints on the coffee table. Is that correct or not?

2. He says apparently there was blood on her nightshirt that wasnt hers? and that there were injuries she had that she couldnt do to herself? And apparently there was blood on a nightshirt she supposedly wasnt wearing that n ight?

3. And thirdly why was the sock dumped in the road?

For the record personally I think shes guilty :(
Thanks for any answers :)

The sock in the alley could have been an afterthought, or even some premeditated way to try and explain why no fingerprints of the intruder were on the knife. Maybe as if he'd wiped them off with the sock or put it over his hand. I don't believe that Darlie ever mentioned the intruder's hands or if she claims he was wearing gloves or not? However, she claimed to 911 that if she hadn't picked up the knife they might could have gotten prints. She knew there were no prints on the knife.

Also, her statement heard on 911 where she says "someone came in here and did this, DARIN" was chilling, and as if he had said something about doubting her story.

The one problem I have always had with this whole thing, is concerning whether Darin was involved or not. By the reports, Devon was not breathing at all. Damon was breathing but his breathing was labored as he was on his way out:( ..... This is so sad and makes me cry whenever I think about it ...... but moving on,

the question is, did Darin ever question Darlie's lack of helping her own children, whether it was during or afterwards. I could see him not questioning during all this due to the chaos. But what about afterwards.

What about Darlie just sitting there on the phone all that time talking to 911, doing nothing, walking around cleaning up with wet towels ???

I mean, since when were wet towels used to stop bleeding??? What adult, especially a mother with three small children, doesn't know better than that? I have never even heard of that.

Which, in the end tells me there are other reasons for Darlie to be wetting towels.....

"The Horror! The Horror! " Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

She wasn't treating the children with those wet towels. There was no water anywhere, no dilution of the blood or the dna on her nightshirt, no wet towel on Damon's back and no wet towel was used on Devon. She was trying to clean up blood with those towels.

Darin who knows first aid would never have put a wet towel on the children. Wet towels don't stop bleeding, only pressure on the wounds. She knew enough to hold a dry towel to her own neck though didn't she? She wasn't going to try and save the children.

Hi..i havent really been following this story but a friend of m ine has been directed to this case recently and thinks Darlie is innocent because of the following points. I just wanted to know if you could tell me if his points are right or wherever he got information from is wrong? i thought you guys would be the best folk to ask. Thanks ;)

1. He says there were unexplained finger prints on the coffee table. Is that correct or not?

2. He says apparently there was blood on her nightshirt that wasnt hers? and that there were injuries she had that she couldnt do to herself? And apparently there was blood on a nightshirt she supposedly wasnt wearing that n ight?

3. And thirdly why was the sock dumped in the road?

For the record personally I think shes guilty :(
Thanks for any answers :)

1. There is a partial bloody print on the coffee table. The print cannot identify anyone but it can be used to exclude. Darlie has not been excluded as the leaver of this print.

2. That is absolutely not true. There is no unsourced blood anywhere especially on her nightshirt. Her boys blood is on the nightshirt in cast-off patterns. NOr is there blood on a nightshirt she wasn't wearing.

3. No one knows why the sock was put in the alley except Darlie and maybe Darin.

It most probably was an attempt at a ruse on Darlie's part. Just two small smears of the boys blood was found on the sock and none of Darlie's blood. And, if the intruder was trying to flee the scene, he chose the wrong way down the alley.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, there were five stains on the sock. Three are pure Devon, and two are Devon/Damon mix. Darlie's dna is in the toe of the sock from shed skin cells.

The sock tells me that Devon's blood mingled with Damon's causing the two mixed stains. This proves to me that the same knife was used to kill both boys.

MOO

I wondered about premeditation also. To think up running down an alley before bleeding from the neck is not likely on the spur of the moment. Probably a way to explain lack of intruder fingerprints on the knife.

She wasn't treating the children with those wet towels. There was no water anywhere, no dilution of the blood or the dna on her nightshirt, no wet towel on Damon's back and no wet towel was used on Devon. She was trying to clean up blood with those towels.

Darin who knows first aid would never have put a wet towel on the children. Wet towels don't stop bleeding, only pressure on the wounds. She knew enough to hold a dry towel to her own neck though didn't she? She wasn't going to try and save the children.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't intend to make it sound like she was actually treating the children with wet towels, but IIRC that's what she claimed to have been doing. The point I intended to make was how unbelievable and ridiculous it was to make such a claim, and for her to actually think it would be believable. It just shows not only how narcissistic, but how dumb she is as well, imo.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't intend to make it sound like she was actually treating the children with wet towels, but IIRC that's what she claimed to have been doing. The point I intended to make was how unbelievable and ridiculous it was to make such a claim, and for her to actually think it would be believable. It just shows not only how narcissistic, but how dumb she is as well, imo.

When my son got mauled by a dog I put wet rags on his head. Thank God no one thought I was a dog... I could be sitting in jail right now.

When my son got mauled by a dog I put wet rags on his head. Thank God no one thought I was a dog... I could be sitting in jail right now.

I cant quite recall the last time I heard of a dog going to jail, LOL. What a terrible thing for your son to go through , I hope he came through it ok.

With all due respect, the treatment of that type of injury, assuming it was bites, would not be comparable to the treatment of deep stab wounds. In the latter, firm, steady pressure applied to the wound would be required to stop the bleeding. "Wet" just isn't in the equation, unless one is cleaning, instead of trying to stop the bleeding. In fact cleaning should be the farthest thing from the rescuers mind at that point, all they should be concerned with is stopping or slowing down the bleeding with the goal being to save the victim's life. Not only is this standard protocol, it is very common knowledge in our society, even among laymen, and AFAIK that would include Darlie.

I have to assume you did what was appropriate in your sons situation, which indicates to me that your sons wounds from dog bites would have been considered shallow in comparison to the deep, vital organ penetrating wounds that were inflicted on Damon and Devon.

Another point, just think about all the time it took for Darlie to bother wetting towels, repeatedly IIRC, compared to the time it would have taken for her to just get the dry towels and press them and hold them on Damon's wounds. It's pretty obvious to me that she was not only cleaning but wasting precious time, just waiting for her son to die.

I've never gotten clear idea of whether wet towels with staunched blood were actually found?

What is 'staunched' blood? I honestly don't know and have never heard of it. TIA

It's interesting to note that neither Darlie or Darin said to police in their original statements that Darlie was wetting towels at the sink. This was only said after Darlie noticed the police removed the sink from the house. Here's a link to the court testimony with a picture of the 2 kitchen towels in the hallway. http://darliefacts.com/case-background/the-towels/

It's interesting to note that neither Darlie or Darin said to police in their original statements that Darlie was wetting towels at the sink. This was only said after Darlie noticed the police removed the sink from the house. Here's a link to the court testimony with a picture of the 2 kitchen towels in the hallway. http://darliefacts.com/case-background/the-towels/

Yes, as they were trying to explain the boys' blood found in the sink. Still makes no sense in explaining that blood. Wouldn't that mean she grabbed clean towels, wet them, put towels on boys, then brought them back to the sink to re-wet them/ring them out? How else would "wetting towels" carry their blood in and around the sink? Oh - and all the while with no free hands as she held a towel to her own neck and a phone in the other.

Another point, just think about all the time it took for Darlie to bother wetting towels, repeatedly IIRC, compared to the time it would have taken for her to just get the dry towels and press them and hold them on Damon's wounds. It's pretty obvious to me that she was not only cleaning but wasting precious time, just waiting for her son to die.

Bingo. Any adult in a panic situation with two young boys who are either upwardly gushing or flowing heavily with blood from abdominal wounds isn't going to waste even a microsecond to wet a towel to compress a wound.

Certainly no child's parents would do that either.

In panic mode, no one is going to stop to reason out whether a wet towel or dry towel would be the better choice.

Even if not in panic mode, why would anyone think a wet towel would be a better choice to compress a very bloody wound?

Most people would grab anything nearby as fast they could and get it to the child's body as fast as they could. A tablecloth, their own shirt, folded laundry, anything.

When this happened, my first inkling that this was not an outsider was when Darlie claimed he killed the boys and then her. If someone breaks into a house unarmed and people are sleeping in the living room, most likely they are going to slip back out since this isn't the expected scenario. If they decide to go ahead with it, they are going to decommission the person that will be the most risk to them, which would have been Darlie. They would have put their hand over her mouth and then slit her throat from ear to ear. Then they might have taken out the kids. No way they would have killed the kids first with a mother sleeping there to awake and scream her lungs out or possibly attack them.

1. There is a partial bloody print on the coffee table. The print cannot identify anyone but it can be used to exclude. Darlie has not been excluded as the leaver of this print.

2. That is absolutely not true. There is no unsourced blood anywhere especially on her nightshirt. Her boys blood is on the nightshirt in cast-off patterns. NOr is there blood on a nightshirt she wasn't wearing.

3. No one knows why the sock was put in the alley except Darlie and maybe Darin.

If I remember correctly the sock was found later. I have always thought that it was staged to make it look like there was an intruder fleeing the scene after the attacks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back