Steven Powell was involved in disappearance

Do we have any verification of where SP was the night (and shortly thereafter) that Susan went missing? Was he anywhere near the sighting of the children and Josh at the Motel then next morning eating continental breakfast?

How did Josh know about the continental breakfast at that particular motel? (I know most all of them have them) but I mean some have limited hours, limited access where you have to walk through the main lobby to get to the food room, etc.

Was SP gainfully employed during that time where he would have to clock in and out? Did anyone ever pull SP's financial records to see if they could put him in the general vicinity?

I am not sure Josh needed any help to pull off the disappearance(murder) of Susan, he seemed to do quite well on his own with himself and the boys . . . but I wonder how much SP knew. Just postulating some questions here.

Do we have any verification of where SP was the night (and shortly thereafter) that Susan went missing? Was he anywhere near the sighting of the children and Josh at the Motel then next morning eating continental breakfast?

How did Josh know about the continental breakfast at that particular motel? (I know most all of them have them) but I mean some have limited hours, limited access where you have to walk through the main lobby to get to the food room, etc.

Was SP gainfully employed during that time where he would have to clock in and out? Did anyone ever pull SP's financial records to see if they could put him in the general vicinity?

I am not sure Josh needed any help to pull off the disappearance(murder) of Susan, he seemed to do quite well on his own with himself and the boys . . . but I wonder how much SP knew. Just postulating some questions here.

I don't recall that anyone here has been able to verify SP's actions during the time period that Susan disappeared. I truly hope LE has that nailed down, though. But we haven't been able to do that here at WS. It's just another blank space that needs to be filled in.

Can't comment on the hotel question; I have no idea.

I think SP was employed, but he probably did not have to punch a time clock. I suppose if he wanted to take time off he would just mention it to his supervisor and then record it on his timesheet.

IMO

I don't recall that anyone here has been able to verify SP's actions during the time period that Susan disappeared. I truly hope LE has that nailed down, though. But we haven't been able to do that here at WS. It's just another blank space that needs to be filled in.

I think SP was employed, but he probably did not have to punch a time clock. I suppose if he wanted to take time off he would just mention it to his supervisor and then record it on his timesheet.

IMO

Life is really busy for me right now, but there was an article that stated that they believe that SP worked the day of Susan's disappearance. I believe they relied on email messages that he sent as well as his schedule for that day.

I honestly think - :moo: - that he was involved in the "aftermath" as well as whipping Josh up in to a frenzy the weeks before so that Josh had the gall to do it. I do not personally think that Steve was there that night.

There was some quetion early on if Susan was actually alive and held by SP somewhere. Could this have happened for a while? I had some hope early on that this was the case, but I have really lost that hope now.

I believe very firmly that SP knows where Susan is; and I believe VERY firmly that he knew that she was murdered when it happened. The emails (I wish I could find that article) that SP sent after her disappearance raise some questions for certain! IIRC, the MSM article stated that SP was despondent when Susan went missing. That SP took some PTO; and sent some emails referencing that his daugther-in-law was missing.

I honestly think - :moo: - that he was involved in the "aftermath" as well as whipping Josh up in to a frenzy the weeks before so that Josh had the gall to do it. I do not personally think that Steve was there that night.

I'm thinking also that SP had more mind control over JP that we rarely see in this world. I also think he was whipping JP into a mental and emotional frenzy so he'd kill Susan and get her out of the way so the little boys and JP could come back to his 'cave'. This leads me to also think he repeated this game on JP to get him to kill himself and the boys and in the horrible way that he did it because I think SP gets off on all this evil.

Such sweet and handsome little boys and they had the misfortune of being born into the family of Josh and Steve Powell. I hope they are now in the loving arms of their mother.

I also believe SP has a lot of information about where Susan is. In my opinion, he probably knows exactly where she is and what happened to her. Maybe he was there, maybe not. But he knows...

IMO

Well you need to hope that you and yours are never kidnapped, raped or murdered and have the person responsible free to walk the streets. Imagine what it might feel like to know after being raped that the person who raped you was free! If something like that has never happened to you then you have no clue what that feels like. I have no fear of ever being arrested because I don't do things to cause me to be arrested.
Under the system you propose what are you going to do if you were arrested for something you didnt do?

IMO

Sorry about commenting on my own post, but it just crossed my mind that with the type of job SP had he could easily work from home at times. If that were the case, how would his supervisor realistically know if he was working from home or not? It comes down to a basic honor system...

I also work for a state government. We have lots and lots of employees who work from home, who travel from one end of the state to the other to provide services, or as in SP's case, make certain types of "sales" calls. In fact, as a way to reduce costs, my state encourages employees to work from home. We really struggle with how to manage these workers.

I guess I'm just saying that if SP didn't take a particular day off on his timesheet, I would not be surprised. Who would know, one way or the other?

Of course, this is all speculation. I have no idea whether he consistently worked from home or not.

IMO

Sorry about commenting on my own post, but it just crossed my mind that with the type of job SP had he could easily work from home at times. If that were the case, how would his supervisor realistically know if he was working from home or not? It comes down to a basic honor system...

I also work for a state government. We have lots and lots of employees who work from home, who travel from one end of the state to the other to provide services, or as in SP's case, make certain types of "sales" calls. In fact, as a way to reduce costs, my state encourages employees to work from home. We really struggle with how to manage these workers.

I guess I'm just saying that if SP didn't take a particular day off on his timesheet, I would not be surprised. Who would know, one way or the other?

Of course, this is all speculation. I have no idea whether he consistently worked from home or not.

IMO

Really interesting, considering how long he worked his prison system job for the state. Also that JP was "working from home" and his boss said he hadn't seen him in the flesh since November. That certainly leaves a lot of time to get up to no good, in all sorts of places.

Ben Winslow ‏ @BenWinslow
NEW: Steven Powell now scheduled to appear in court Friday for a "motion hearing." @fox13now #JoshPowell #findsusan

Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 11-1-03893-1
Defendant: STEVEN CRAIG POWELL
Access: Public
Jurisdiction: SUPERIOR CT - PIERCE CTY
Initial Arrest Date: 09/22/2011

09/23/2011 01:30 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION 2 CD2 ARRAIGNMENT - BENCH WARRANT ARRAIGNED
10/11/2011 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 2 CD2 RETURN WITH ATTY CANCELLED
10/11/2011 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 2 CD2 PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE HELD
10/27/2011 01:30 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ OMNIBUS HEARING CONTINUED
11/16/2011 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL CONTINUED
01/12/2012 08:45 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ OMNIBUS HEARING HELD
03/16/2012 01:30 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ MOTION-PREASSIGNMENT HELD
03/20/2012 08:30 AM RONALD E. CULPEPPER 17 JURY TRIAL CONTINUED
03/30/2012 02:30 PM RONALD E. CULPEPPER 17 MOTION (NOT CONTINUANCE)
04/23/2012 09:00 AM RONALD E. CULPEPPER 17 MOTION-SUPPRESS (3.5,3.6,7.8)
05/07/2012 09:00 AM RONALD E. CULPEPPER 17 JURY TRIAL

https://linxonline.co.pierce.wa.us/linxweb/Case/CriminalCase.cfm?cause_num=11-1-03893-1

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Attorneys involved in the voyeurism and child *advertiser censored* case of Steven Powell are scheduled to be back in a Washington courtroom Friday.

A Pierce County Superior Court judge is expected to consider a motion to unseal a search warrant served on the Puyallup home of Steven Powell and his son, Josh Powell, in August of 2011. Prosecutors said they didn't intend to contest the motion and expected the documents would likely be unsealed

More:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=197...e-unsealed-in-friday-hearing&s_cid=featured-4

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Attorneys involved in the voyeurism and child *advertiser censored* case of Steven Powell are scheduled to be back in a Washington courtroom Friday.

A Pierce County Superior Court judge is expected to consider a motion to unseal a search warrant served on the Puyallup home of Steven Powell and his son, Josh Powell, in August of 2011. Prosecutors said they didn't intend to contest the motion and expected the documents would likely be unsealed

More:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=197...e-unsealed-in-friday-hearing&s_cid=featured-4

I just read the article. I don't understand anything. Why was the search warrant sealed in the first place? Would it be because there are some victims who are minors named in the search warrant and the warrant was sealed to protect their privacy?

I just read the article. I don't understand anything. Why was the search warrant sealed in the first place? Would it be because there are some victims who are minors named in the search warrant and the warrant was sealed to protect their privacy?

Sometimes it's just automatic when a judge has already ruled that all info is sealed while an investigation is underway, But...IMO, the most informative part of the search warrant is the probable cause. IMO, that is also a reason for them being sealed. Maybe an attorney can drop in and answer that.

I am a bit confused by the article. . . . so these pics were found by WVPD in Utah on SP's computer in Puyallup, WA? I know that Utah initiated the search but I am really confused as to why WVPD would be credited with the search in Washington? Certainly they did not have jurisdiction to search in Washington . . . but maybe it was a joint effort. (Wouldn't that need the FBI to get involved since it crossed State lines?) Just speculating here. Please enlighten me if you understand this.

Clearly I am behind here....can someone bring me up to speed as to what benefit unsealing these can possibly help Steven Powell? I am soooooo confused...thanks in advance!!!!

Clearly I am behind here....can someone bring me up to speed as to what benefit unsealing these can possibly help Steven Powell? I am soooooo confused...thanks in advance!!!!

Deleted my post as I just read an updated version of the article. IDK, weird! I guess his attorneys are trying to get that warrant thrown out so it doesn't come in at trial. Not sure why they can't accomplish that and still keep it sealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back