The cries for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do? Or is my sarcasm detector broken? :waitasec:

Disclaimer: I've been ill and my head's full of cotton.
No, they actually do have a recording of Zimmerman recreating his help me cries.

:)

No joke.

Here (April 19):

The source familiar with the case said that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators had Zimmerman lie on his back in another location in an effort to recreate the position he said he had been in during the shooting. Then, the source said, investigators recorded Zimmerman as he shouted what had been heard on the 911 calls: cries such as, “Help me!”
New Account: Zimmerman Told Cops Trayvon <-well worth the full read.

Now true, this is an anonymous LEO source "familiar with Zimmerman's account" - but the fact he was one of the first to note the smothering, and it was confirmed later at the bond hearing that it *was* part of Zimmerman's account, lends me to give credence to this LEO source.

(A side note: that source also said Zimmerman was so paralyzed with fear, he initially "forgot he had a gun." Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Who forgets they have a gun?? Give me a break.)

But to the point. Yes, the police HAD ZIMMERMAN CRY FOR HELP AND THEY RECORDED IT! So there IS a voice example of Zimmerman's voice to compare with.

That may very well prove to be devastating to the defense, and likely part of why Corey charged Murder 2.

In this day and age where recordings of voices are abundant, (answering machines, people singing/talking into public mics [I'm thinking school plays, or commenting after a football game, for ex.] and all the other places voices get recorded), I 'd be willing to bet good money they have a voice example of Trayvon somewhere.

And if that's the case, it may very well be a slam dunk, in that regard.

It's a good thing the investigators have a voice recording of Zimmerman replicating those cries of Help me! , isn't it?

They need to have more than 2 words for comparison. At least 10. And by the way to me it sounds like Zimmerman was screaming. So, IMO, if they could accurately pinpoint who was screaming it would only help Zimmerman.

But, but, but, the replicated screams of help from Zimmerman that were recorded by LE after the fact will not be accurate either since at the time of the replication Zimmerman was not in fear of his life any longer...................just getting a head start on the new round of "explain away any evidence that points to Zimmerman being guilty".

I, personally, don't feel that we can accurately compare Zimmerman to anyone else that may have a weapon unless the person we are comparing to Zimmerman has also placed numerous calls to 911 and the non-emergancy line for the things that Zimmerman has in the past. We would also need to compare him with someone that has more or less the same background that Zimmerman has. All of it tells what type of person they are and points to their mentality as to how they would or would not react and why they would carry a gun.

MOO

As a former 911 dispatcher myself, I can tell you that most likely whatever he called in about previous to the 26th of February is nothing out of the ordinary for a typical 911 call. I haven't heard/read about those calls so I can't say factually either way. However, it is somewhat of a red herring. His previous 911 calls have no bearing on the night in question, or the question in question.

The question was: COULD he have the mentality that he does not want to use his weapon unless it was 100% necessary. I'm not asking you to state factually because we're supposedly in a hypothetical as it is. COULD he have this mentality?

By process of elimination we can conclude that since it is not Zimmerman calling for help that it must be Trayvon that was screaming and begging for his life. Unless of course there was more than the two of them out there that night. Now, if it turns out that there was more than just the two of them then Zimmerman is definately sunk since he has never said that it was more than himself and Trayvon that night.

MOO

No, we can not use a "process of elimination" since it has not been proven that technique the expert was using is in fact accurate.

They need to have more than 2 words for comparison. At least 10. And by the way to me it sounds like Zimmerman was screaming. So, IMO, if they could accurately pinpoint who was screaming it would only help Zimmerman.
Well, according to this LEO source, they had Zimmerman recreate what he was supposed to have screamed that night and recorded it.

It's possible no expert technological voice forensics will be needed. Just the ears of reasonable people listening to two screams side by side, both screaming -- that are supposed to be of the same person - that sound nothing at all alike.

And to my hearing, just of the screams -- that is a teenagers voice, that ended the second the shot was fired.

No doubt about it.

But, but, but, the replicated screams of help from Zimmerman that were recorded by LE after the fact will not be accurate either since at the time of the replication Zimmerman was not in fear of his life any longer...................just getting a head start on the new round of "explain away any evidence that points to Zimmerman being guilty".

We don't know what the results of those police tests are. For all you know Zimmerman matched.

Well, according to this LEO source, they had Zimmerman recreate what he was supposed to have screamed that night and recorded it.

It's possible no expert technological voice forensics will be needed. Just the ears of reasonable people listening to two screams side by side, both screaming -- that are supposed to be of the same person - that sound nothing at all alike.

And to my hearing, just of the screams -- that is a teenagers voice, that ended the second the shot was fired.

No doubt about it.

And do you know what police concluded based on those voice tests? All I know is the investigator for prosecution got on the stand and basically claimed he had no clue who the screaming person was.

As a former 911 dispatcher myself, I can tell you that most likely whatever he called in about previous to the 26th of February is nothing out of the ordinary for a typical 911 call. I haven't heard/read about those calls so I can't say factually either way. However, it is somewhat of a red herring. His previous 911 calls have no bearing on the night in question, or the question in question.

The question was: COULD he have the mentality that he does not want to use his weapon unless it was 100% necessary. I'm not asking you to state factually because we're supposedly in a hypothetical as it is. COULD he have this mentality?

COULD he have that mentality? Sure. Could he also have the mentality that he is above the law, that his word is golden and that whatever he believes is right for him trumps all others? Sure.

I have seen the calls that he had placed before. I read the transcripts from the dispatchers and I can tell you that a good number of them were for open garage doors. No one breaking in, no one casing the joint, just open garage doors. There were also a couple of Zimmerman following a car, a motorcylce, and a guy on a bike. Zimmerman was in his vehicle at the time following and giving the dispatcher a play by play as to where the "suspect" was at the time.

MOO

And do you know what police concluded based on those voice tests? All I know is the investigator for prosecution got on the stand and basically claimed he had no clue who the screaming person was.
If you review his testimony, and the way the question was asked and answered, I think Gilbreath was being a bit coy with the answer, though truthful.

Also, he noted earlier he and the other investigator split up portions of the investigation. It's likely he may not have been privy to all the other investigator had, and/or it was still in the process of being worked on to a scientific certainty.

If you review his testimony, and the way the question was asked and answered, I think Gilbreath was being a bit coy with the answer, though truthful.

Also, he noted earlier he and the other investigator split up portions of the investigation. It's likely he may not have been privy to all the other investigator had, and/or it was still in the process of being worked on to a scientific certainty.

I don't buy that for a second. If they could match those screams to Trayvon why wouldn't he say so?

IF SPD or any other LE had proof that it was in fact Zimmerman on the 911 call screaming and yelling for help that information would have been handed over to A Corey when she took over the case. Contrary to what some may believe of her, I do not see her risking her career to lie about the origin of those screams in order to obtain an arrest warrent for Zimmerman. If there was any proof that it was Zimmerman that information would have been leaked before now.

MOO

Those of you that recently had posts removed from this thread:
there was nothing wrong with your posts except that they were in the wrong thread. Please find the appropriate thread for your discussion.
thank you!

Anyway, if the person crying for help was Zimmerman, it proves... what?

I will admit this, I do believe that there is one "help" that was Zimmerman. I do believe that one "help" from Zimmerman came right before he fired his shot into Trayvon. I do not believe that the other screams and pleas are from Zimmerman, I belive those are Trayvon begging for his life. So technically, yes Zimmerman yelled "help". He just doesn't clarify that it was only once and more than likely for the benefit of those neighbors that were hearing the screams of Trayvon.

MOO

I presume he is under oath either way.
He was.

And he answered to what he knew, then.

Doesn't mean more information is not out there, just that at that point, what they had did not provide "insight." That's all he had to answer at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member