IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth has a cat. An article I posted a few days ago mentioned that her cat has been waiting on her bed since she disappeared. Her mom said the cat sleeps with Elizabeth every night.

I don't know of any other pets.

didn't tammy say in one of the interviews when asked if either of the girls had a dog, and if they let their dog see if the can find them?? i think it was JVM the first night of coverage. and tammy said Lyric has 4 dogs but none of them lived with her. this was before learning of Lyric living with relatives.

LE said in the presser today they had them on video at about 12:15, the same time Grandma last saw them. I believe he said it was B&W video and was from the back as they were going away from the camera so they had no clothing description

Thank you!
So what do we take from this bit of info? G'ma was mistakenly off on her time? Fudged the time bc she wasn't sure?
That certainly complicates the bikes on the trail sighting info- or does it?
Does the video sighting coincide with the grass waterer's eye witness account?
Gosh, where in the world are they? :(

If they were picked up and the bikes dropped off at the trail, wouldn't a perp most likely drop the bikes off on a side road with less chances of being seen? And what about the person that said the girls were seen riding their bikes in that area that day?

For the life of me, I do not know why LE insisted the community was not in danger. Did they assume the girls were in the lake ? I'm sorry , but to insist that there is no reason for alarm when two girls have been abducted is just wrong.

Maybe they are looking for keys. Or part of a cell phone case, or something really random and unimportant most people think nothing of or doesnt notice when pieces fall of whatever object ?

Like a torn up headliner in a car drops certain fillers. Or a beaded key ring looses beads. Or a certain kind of park tree leaf or nut on a floorboard or a certain pets hair on a car seat? Did the girls have pets?

During an interview, I believe Misty said Lyric did not have a dog but Elizabeth had a dog or dogs.

I think the bikes were found later... around 4:00. The guy that saw the bikes at 12:27 reported them later when he found out 2 girls on bikes were missing.
This correct I'm pretty sure. IIrc he called his daughter when he stopped to get a drink or go to the restroom. He didn't call her to tell her he'd seen the bikes. He reported the bikes later after he heard the girls were missing. He used the call to his daughter as a reference to know what time he saw the bikes.

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I do something unorthodox.

I've read hundreds upon hundreds of posts here and read numerous MSM articles and only see a few glancing references to the river. Looking down on the site in Google Earth it appears that if someone were to go approximately a block or two east of where the bikes were found there's a trail leading under the highway (I-380) and the over to the river. I would think that if someone were going to dump either a body, evidence, or both, that's not too far to get to the river where it would be washed away. This is opposed to the lake where the evidence would just sink and eventually be found.

It just seems a little weird to me that there's not a team of boats going up and down the stretch of river south of Evansdale/Waterloo still looking for any evidence that may have washed ashore or possibly clothing caught in trees along the banks.

Also, Omaha is my nearest city and I'm told that there's a bend in the river by Bellevue, just south of Omaha, where several bodies have been found over the years. (I have no documentation of this at the moment.) I was wondering if there is a similar bend in the river near this area.

This has just been stuck in the back of my mind> I still find it odd that not more of a focus was placed on the river since it is relatively close, has relatively easy access, and (to my amateur eyes) appears to be a better place to get rid of a body or other evidence than a small lake.

I hope I'm not thinking to cynically, but around here (since there's a major river nearby) when a missing person case happens people usually think "check the river"...

I have to add - Thank you to all of the helpful posters that have kept me and others abreast of the latest news in this case!

Update - I also have to add that I'm very pro-LE, so I'm not criticizing them, I just couldn't find any answers to this question of mine.

Here is the link to where he says the girls are seen on video.

Also please listen at 3;26 and tell us what you hear. TIA!

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance/Friday-4PM-Update-Girls-Disappearance-Now-Considered-An-Abduction-163234846.html

Okay, thanks for the link! So grandma time and video time are the same- check.

Now as for the question the reporter asks, I felt like she said, "can you tell us anything about Misty's cell phone and car being towed?" or something close to that.

It just seems a little weird to me that there's not a team of boats going up and down the stretch of river south of Evansdale/Waterloo still looking for any evidence that may have washed ashore or possibly clothing caught in trees along the banks.

They've been all over the river in kayaks.

So, now there is reportedly video survelliance tapes of the girls near Elizabeth's house at 12:15 and 12 minutes later at 12:27 , a biker says their bikes are abandoned on the trail, all the way across town on the lake trail. That is such a short time frame , no matter what happened!

It was do-able, though. Someone posted that according to Google Maps, the distance between was estimated at 7-8 minutes.

That would take us to 12:23 pm. That leaves about 3 minutes for a perp to pop out of ambush, grab one girl by the arm (probably Lyric), threaten to hurt her if Elizabeth didn't comply, make her throw her purse over the lakeside fence and then marching them both off into the woods.

I'd love to be able to ask the 12:27 witness if he happened to look into the woods when he saw the bikes on the path. I'm sure LE already has and I'm reasonably certain the answer was no. Otherwise, LE would have released whatever description the witness could give.

I'm not sure he would have looked into the woods, though. He was on a blind curve, he'd just about run into an obstacle and he still had to look sharp in case another bicyclist popped around the curve. Nothing like avoiding one hazard only to be hit head-on because it made you forget to watch out.

Force the girls into something like a van, put zip-ties or some other restraint device on them and the perpetrator could be gone before 12:30 pm.

If the 12:27 sighting is accurate, this really reminds me of GeorgeAnn Hawkins, who was one of Ted Bundy's victims. She was walking down an alley behind a row of fraternities and sororities on a night where they were all having parties to celebrate the beginning of the fall semester. There were roughly 1000 people attending parties at the fraternities and sororities. Many of them were walking down the alley in both directions.

The alley was well lit except for one 30 foot stretch where a storage shed blocked the light. The dark stretch no doubt seemed darker in contrast to the lights on either side (the human retina takes something like 6 minutes to fully adapt to low light situations).

She disappeared from that one dark stretch.

On the day before he was executed, Ted finally confessed to her abduction. He said that he had a fake cast on his arm (a ruse he'd used before) and asked her to help him with his briefcase. He'd parked his VW bug in that area earlier in the evening and had placed a tire iron underneath the car in preparation. She stepped over to the car to help with the briefcase, he reached down, grabbed the tire iron, knocked her unconscious with one blow and placed her in the area beside the driver's seat (he'd removed the passenger side seat, one reason he liked VW Bugs).

It only took him about three minutes from the time he approached Ms Hawkins until the time he drove off with her unconscious body.

Something to consider is that lacking a fear response means that psychopaths don't waste time with hesitation once they have decided to take an action. Saves time at times when seconds count.

Why was that Facebook page recently made private? Does family operate it?
Anytime any interesting info was posted on it, the info was quickly deleted.

I actually think that is a different FB page (the one that is now private). I am pretty sure the original one was called "Bring Elizabeth and Lyric home" and the new one is something like "Help Bring them home" .. The original FB page seems to be gone :(

Don't know if this has been posted but here is the video showing the girls on their bikes.

Actually, it is bad quality so I can't believe they can tell it is them.

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12072.shtml

You know what struck me as soon as I saw the video...even though it is slowed down it appears that Elizabeth is first and she is quite a ways ahead of Lyric. Could be that someone drove up and grabbed one of them and then the other girl attempted to help and was taken too.

It was do-able, though. Someone posted that according to Google Maps, the distance between was estimated at 7-8 minutes.

That would take us to 12:23 pm. That leaves about 3 minutes for a perp to pop out of ambush, grab one girl by the arm (probably Lyric), threaten to hurt her if Elizabeth didn't comply, make her throw her purse over the lakeside fence and then marching them both off into the woods.

I'd love to be able to ask the 12:27 witness if he happened to look into the woods when he saw the bikes on the path. I'm sure LE already has and I'm reasonably certain the answer was no. Otherwise, LE would have released whatever description the witness could give.

I'm not sure he would have looked into the woods, though. He was on a blind curve, he'd just about run into an obstacle and he still had to look sharp in case another bicyclist popped around the curve. Nothing like avoiding one hazard only to be hit head-on because it made you forget to watch out.

Force the girls into something like a van, put zip-ties or some other restraint device on them and the perpetrator could be gone before 12:30 pm.

If the 12:27 sighting is accurate, this really reminds me of GeorgeAnn Hawkins, who was one of Ted Bundy's victims. She was walking down an alley behind a row of fraternities and sororities on a night where they were all having parties to celebrate the beginning of the fall semester. There were roughly 1000 people attending parties at the fraternities and sororities. Many of them were walking down the alley in both directions.

The alley was well lit except for one 30 foot stretch where a storage shed blocked the light. The dark stretch no doubt seemed darker in contrast to the lights on either side (the human retina takes something like 6 minutes to fully adapt to low light situations).

She disappeared from that one dark stretch.

On the day before he was executed, Ted finally confessed to her abduction. He said that he had a fake cast on his arm (a ruse he'd used before) and asked her to help him with his briefcase. He'd parked his VW bug in that area earlier in the evening and had placed a tire iron underneath the car in preparation. She stepped over to the car to help with the briefcase, he reached down, grabbed the tire iron, knocked her unconscious with one blow and placed her in the area beside the driver's seat (he'd removed the passenger side seat, one reason he liked VW Bugs).

It only took him about three minutes from the time he approached Ms Hawkins until the time he drove off with her unconscious body.

Something to consider is that lacking a fear response means that psychopaths don't waste time with hesitation once they have decided to take an action. Saves time at times when seconds count.

Well, that just made the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up. :what:

I question why they're still searching cars.

If the perp was going to move the girls or their remains, why do it now, as opposed to having done it immediately after the abduction or waiting until the heat dies down?

Draining the lake was grasping at straws but I could see the logic in absolutely ruling it out. This seems to be an even bigger waste of time.

Perhaps they got new info? During the search of the lake, that is not all LE was doing. They have been investigating all leads and tips, they have canvased neighborhoods, ruled our RSO's, and remember the girls were traced to the area-one of the mom's said their trail stopped at the lake-so there was good reason to search there. LE is not going to talk about everything they are investigating relating to this case.

Okay, thanks for the link! So grandma time and video time are the same- check.

Now as for the question the reporter asks, I felt like she said, "can you tell us anything about Misty's cell phone and car being towed?" or something close to that.

that is what it sounded like to me too...pretty grainy footage. looked like 1 bike to me.

Some people were asking what local's opinions/thoughts are. I am not directly in Evansdale, but about 30 mins south - yet this literally feels like it is in my backyard.

Every day I drive through town I see the dozens of posters nailed to telephone poles. When I stop at the gas stations, their pictures are posted...same with the grocery store, dollar general etc.

Like I said earlier, I do have a close friend who is related to the family and had lunch with her today so yes, my views are now influenced by what she had said. Take this all with a grain of salt because I can't "link to proof"...these are simply my thoughts.

Taken by more than 1 person: 1 male, 1 female

The male IS involved in drugs, but this is NOT related to the family.

I do not believe they are alive. I do not think they knew these people, but were honest to goodness in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I believe the perp is or at least WAS in the area and watching every single piece of this unfold in the media and didn't think it would ever blow up this big. (Hence the reason maybe for police to keep any leads very quiet).

I also believe this person was a local - or at least knew the area well enough to navigate around what could appear "suspicious" once the girls were abducted.

And finally...I think these poor girls are still in the general vicinity of Evansdale/Waterloo area.

Hopefully this isn't against the rules to state what my personal opinions are at this point. If so, mods, feel free to remove.

On a separate note, I actually talked about this with my 10 year old daughter last night. Gave her the same exact scenario these girls found themselves in and sure enough...she said she'd go with her friend if they threatened to harm her. Needless to say...lots of tears were shed after that conversation, on both of our parts.

This is absolutely heartbreaking to me, this simply hits too damn close to home.

I believe it is okay to post your own theory of what happen, so long as you do what you did and clearly label it as your own opinion. I hope so because I do it all the time!

I think you're probably correct.

Thank you for asking your daughter. My eyes teared up, too, when I read about it.

For those concerned about the bike rider that found the girls bikes, his name is listed in the article below. He owns a local business and appears to be active in the community. I didn't find anything that would concern me about him at all. Jmo

Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/r...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

Maybe someone in a vehicle moved the bikes?

So then, the person(s) would have to contain two girls, throw the bikes in back and hurry up to the trail and leave the bikes there to be found within 5 minutes, without being seen.

Any ideas?

This must have been very well planned out. :(

<<<snipped>>>>>>>>>>>
What if the time the bikes were found was pushed up to 12:20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288