Allison Baden-Clay forum announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this thread is the place for this question or if there is a more appropriate thread to ask this.... but I have noticed some members have the user title Inactive under their name and was wondering what that means.

Thanks

Not sure if this thread is the place for this question or if there is a more appropriate thread to ask this.... but I have noticed some members have the user title Inactive under their name and was wondering what that means.

Thanks

That means the member asked that their account with Websleuths be closed for one reason or another.

I've just finished looking over last night's activity on Allison's thread and have some comments.

First, thank you for having a lively debate without berating each other. There were only a couple of posts that needed to be removed. Someone had an opposing view compared to the majority's consensus and she stayed focused and most of the time everyone else replied by addressing the case and not the poster personally. Cheers!

There were some posts removed that were about the posters in general, no one specific was named. I want to remind everyone that this is a DISCUSSION board. Not a board where someone posts their thoughts and then everyone has to agree. We don't have to agree and we can say why we don't agree, as long as we don't get personal about it. If we were sitting in the police station, we would probably hear the same conversation between detectives as they try to sort out what happened in a crime. It's called "brainstorming" and we can all learn during the process.

These two topics need to stay in your back pockets and off the board: comments about other posters (their opinions, posting styles, motives, nicknames, underwear, and everything else!) and moderation (just getting off a time out, staying out of jail, etc.) Those are two topics that will cause you to lose your posting privileges!

There was a question about people wanting to meet in real life. Please review Websleuths policy:

Posting Personal Contact Information (Address / Phone Number):

Members may not post personal contact information such as home address, work address, home telephone number, work telephone number, etc., in the public forums. ANYONE, including guests to WS, can read the public forums - this policy is in place for YOUR safety and protection.

Contacting other members to meet in Real Life:

While members are always free to contact each other to meet in person, via telephone, or in other ways, Websleuths will in no way be responsible for any actions or events arising from such contact. Websleuths staff does not read or otherwise monitor Private Messages and has no way to monitor private emails, telephone calls or other such communications. It is up to each individual member to decide if they desire such contact and the resultant loss of anonymity. Websleuths neither condemns nor condones such meetings and it is up to the individual members to decide if they wish to get together.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7825556#post7825556"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hello. :)

A question (and I hope I'm asking this in the right place). I'm following the Allison Baden-Clay case. I've seen mention of "verified insiders" and I'm wondering what exactly this means. The reason I'm asking is I want to know what kind of weight to put on statements made by them. Are they just people who live locally and can verify they live in the area? Are they more than that. For example: they can verify that someone close to them is a member of the investigating team. Or can a "verified insider" be as simple as someone whose (for example) children attend the same school as the Baden-Clay girls?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

A verified insider is someone who knows the family or immediate friend(s) of someone named in the case in one way or another. It means they "could" be getting true information about the case that hasn't been disclosed in the media. However, their information is only as true as the family/friend who is disclosing it to them.

It's hard for me to get specific because WS will not disclose the type of relationship. If the verified insider discloses it, we will only step in if it's not the same information they told us during the verification process.

Bear in mind that the verification process isn't foolproof. We'd have to fly to Australia and check it out ourselves and that isn't going to happen. This process has helped get rid of "trolls" in the past, however, and that's why we do what we do.

Hope that makes sense!

Makes sense. Thanks very much, Kimster :)

We do not discuss psychic issues on Websleuths. That includes tarot, astrology, visions, etc. This is not new. I've posted many times that we don't discuss dreams/visons/psychics on Websleuths. There are many sites out there for that sort of thing and we are not one of them.

In addition, Summer_Breeze is the point mod in Allison's subforum. If she doesn't know an answer to one of your questions, she will ask administration and get the answer. If anyone here wants to give her a bad time about that, I'm going to get grumpy and pull out the ray gun. Summer wants to be your moderator and deserves to be treated with respect for all the hours she volunteers here because she really likes you guys.

:cheers:

Complaints about the Websleuths member verification process need to be brought up to the owners: Tricia and/or SoSueMe. You can email them at wbsleuth@xmission.com

Anyone who chooses to continue to complain about it on the forum is subject to a time out without warning. It's distracting to the case and disruptive to the forum.

Oh, got it and removed my question, I hope everyone else does. Didn't know that you were a mod Christee. Thanks.

Just flew in from parts unknown. :ufo:

In answer to your questions....
1) This thread is for off topic posts that don't have anything to do with Allison's case
2) This thread is still subject to WS rules and TOS. If there are posts that the mods can't understand, then we put our own interpretation on them. Some appeared to have language that is not allowed on WS. We don't have time to ask what all the words mean, so the mods just remove the posts that don't make sense. Plus, it can make some members feel they can't join in if they don't understand it
3) If you have questions about moderator decisions, you can contact a mod privately OR you can ask your questions in the Threadiquette thread: Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:cheers:

thanks Kimmi, that does help me understand some of the posts.

but much of it I still dont understand. for example:

quote: Plus, it can make some members feel they can't join in if they don't understand it unquote

this I dont get. If someone posts about subjudice, or hair banding, or personality disorders, I dont understand it, and it isnt removed. But I ask questions and get involved. Half the discussion on the main thread I don't understand.

On the chit chat thread, I wasn't aware that the topic of discussion was screened, and had limitations, other than being pg rated, obviously. I know bugger all about dogs, even though I have one. I know nothing about boats either. I really would appreciate the terms to be more specific as I am unable to understand them. thanks

Im not querying a moderator decision, I am doing the same as other posters and asking some questions, just as the lovely Kimster happily responded to as she said in her opening comment.

thanks for moving my post...can someone please answer it?

First of all, questions about how things are moderated belong in a private conversation or here, in the Threadiquette thread. :)

Second, you can ask about case posts all you want. If you have a question about it, then probably someone else does. But to make up words is entirely different. Modding for crime cases is what we do. Spending time modding word variations in chit chat threads is not. WS doesn't normally allow chit chat threads at all. This has been an exception and for the most part, we don't really care what you guys post in there. But when we can't even understand if the posts are WS violations or not, that's not going to work out.

Be patient.

I'm headed off to the pillows now. :eek:fftobed:

Thanks Kimster, I am trying. Thanks for your post prior to this one too. Am I right in saying that this is a bit of a grey area as its not something you normallydo (a chit chat thread) so the rules might not be really clear? I can understand this situation a lot better knowing this

Thanks Kimster, I am trying. Thanks for your post prior to this one too. Am I right in saying that this is a bit of a grey area as its not something you normallydo (a chit chat thread) so the rules might not be really clear? I can understand this situation a lot better knowing this

Right. WS doesn't normally do them because the mods are busy enough with the crime cases and shouldn't have to spend a ton of time in non-case threads. That's the thought behind it.

:seeya:

Guys it's all starting to go off topic again...please stick to the topic.

There's no evidence to date which mentions GBC has any type of mental disorder, so please stay off that as well.

Marly, most of these posts you mention have been removed, yet some are still standing....how is this process moderated? can we talk about mental illness or not? Im unsure of how to proceed
:waitasec:

Marly, I dont understand why some members have different rules? AM I wrong in thinking this? I am following your request to stay away form mental disorders and thought your comment was directed at all forum/thread members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv