State v Bradley Cooper 3.10.2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

The money Nancy would make from painting at J.A.'s house would be used for the pedicures since it was extra money. However, since Brad didn't give her the weekly allowance, she wouldn't be able to do anything extra (implying she would have to use the $$ from painting for the regular household stuff that Brad would have covered).

Even so, if she felt like she was being controlled with money, you would think that any extra money she got would be hidden away for the times he didn't give her the money instead of spent on pedicures.

Even so, if she felt like she was being controlled with money, you would think that any extra money she got would be hidden away for the times he didn't give her the money instead of spent on pedicures.

IMO.... it just appears they were BOTH accustomed to living just beyond their means. That kind of behavior is difficult to modify unless BOTH are willing to address it.

Some people are not savers. I am, and you have said you are, but not everyone is. Whether Nancy was a saver or a spender is not germane to her murder.

The point is she was doing something to earn some money, which we'd logically think Brad would have been okay with, but he apparently felt the opposite. He was so angry he didn't give her the weekly allowance for the household, told her he wasn't giving it to her, and continued to not give it to her the rest of that Friday. (Nor, if you recall, did he ever attempt to get cash out of the ATM on Sat or Sun either.)

THAT is the main point.

It really is of no consequence she wanted a pedicure. The whole point of the testimony was she was extremely mad at Brad that day and it was ready to boil over that night.

It really is of no consequence she wanted a pedicure. The whole point of the testimony was she was extremely mad at Brad that day and it was ready to boil over that night.

And apparently did boil over that night.............just saying.

AND... Brad lied during his deposition when he claimed Nancy had never said "I hate you." Not only did she say it, she apparently said it THREE times to him, just that day (Fri July 11). Why lie unless you have something to hide?

I missed the very end, is the DA done with her?

It appears direct is complete. Next comes cross examination (by the defense) and then any re-direct (by the prosecution), etc, etc.

ETA: I stand corrected. Prosecution is continuing their questions.

AND... Brad lied during his deposition when he claimed Nancy had never said "I hate you." Not only did she say it, she apparently said it THREE times to him, just that day (Fri July 11). Why lie unless you have something to hide?
And even informed Ms D it was an "I hate Brad day".

Ms D is looking a tad nervous now.

Still on direct.

The pedicure I understand - she was a runner. Pedicures are often a necessity, not a luxury, for runners. At least she earned the money to cover the cost and didn't demand it of Brad. I would think he should have been happy about that. Guess not.

Some people are not savers. I am, and you have said you are, but not everyone is. Whether Nancy was a saver or a spender is not germane to her murder.

The point is she was doing something to earn some money, which we'd logically think Brad would have been okay with, but he apparently felt the opposite. He was so angry he didn't give her the weekly allowance for the household, told her he wasn't giving it to her, and continued to not give it to her the rest of that Friday. (Nor, if you recall, did he ever attempt to get cash out of the ATM on Sat or Sun either.)

THAT is the main point.

You're right it's not. I just don't understand people that live like this (both of them). I think the Joneses would have a hard time keeping up with the Coopers.

The pedicure I understand - she was a runner. Pedicures are often a necessity, not a luxury, for runners. At least she earned the money to cover the cost and didn't demand it of Brad. I would think he should have been happy about that. Guess not.

I'm a runner (1 full marathon and my 6th half coming up in 9 days) and I can honestly say that I've never had a pedicure. I do have nail clippers though.

Did anyone actually HEAR her say "I hate you, Brad Cooper, I hate you. I hate you."? Or was this all being relayed from Nancy to everyone else? I believe DD testified that they pretty much did not argue in public.

I think DD said Nancy told her that she said it to Brad 3 times.

I feel really sad listening to her talk about that Saturday. You can tell she loved her friend.

Now this is gutwrenching. She's talking about Katie and Bella and taking them to preschool the next morning. I have 2 daughters (2 and 8). This breaks my heart.

Is the wral site down? I can't get on anymore. It gives a blank type of page requiring log in or register, but won't let me do either.

I'm having problems with WRAL, too. I switched to ABC 11, but they are running 10-15 minutes behind where the WRAL feed was in the testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater