GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from a trip to the bank, which happens to take me by Barrister Hall apts.. there are two MPD crime scene vans back on site. A reporter from http://www.41nbc.com/ was setting up on the sidewalk.

I'm a loser. I wanted to see it so badly, I stopped by the gym in my work clothes, got on an exercise bike and listened to most of the interview with my headphones. I couldn't hear most of the questions but it sounded like someone asked if it was apparent whether or not he dismembered her body there or somewhere else. I think Burns shrugged and said that it hadn't been determined. Did I get that correct? The sweaty dude next to me kept whipping out his towel and hitting me with it so I wasn't focused.

The reporter asked if it was possible that she was killed somewhere and dismembered somewhere else and he said "anything's a possibility." I watched it live on air - but I think that's word for word what was said.

Re: McD's sword collection..

Thanks for the quote and link, knox.. I suspect that it's likely his "sword" collection wasn't used.. I, too have seen people who collect swords and from what I've seen with those I know they don't even get their swords down from how they are mounted except to clean them periodically..

What I am leaning much more toward as atleast being the murder weapon is his large survivalist type hunting knives(an example McMunn had linked to an identical photo of one of them in last thread).. This type knife is completely different and IMO would not be associated with his sword collection.. This is why I believe Gaudet made the statement that they'd not even made a connection with the sword collection.. IMO they didn't because the knife most likely to have been used would not have been a sword.. Jmo, tho!

What an odd video. Strange that they would post a video where absolutely nothing happens..

I think it's odd too. But, the videos of McDaniel's other appearances in court have been similar. Short and not much happening.

Thanks clkwrks for the video clip.. It is a rather strange clip, huh? Nothing said and maybe 10secs focused on McD.. Yes blinking alot!!

Noticeably different.. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight in a months time..IMO..
He has shaved all of his facial hair.. IMO making him appear much younger and youth like..
And then as I said seems to have lost quite a bit of weight.. His face 1 month ago seemed to be quite bloated IMO.. I wonder if there was any drug use? Just a question and I do mean prescription drugs as well.. Many of them have edema as a side effect.. Just a thought tho.. It definitely could just be bloated from being chubby and his having lost a bit of weight in a months time..

I am really questioning his emotional stability. And just as Agent Lundy posted upthread there has been discussion on Macon.com that there were some problems with mental stability regarding SM in undergrad school and that Mercer was aware of these problems way back then..

I have a strong feeling there are some very very serious issues within SM emotional/mental health wise..

Do I believe for a moment that he is any bit insane(by the legal definition) ABSOLUTELY NOT!! and the only thing that has to be shown to prove HE IS NOT INSANE is the complete and total video footage from June 30th!! It is bone chilling to go back and watch it in FULL!!

I"VE HEARD IT ALL, I'm no expert........bottom line is, it's a tragedy.......we do hope there arent' more like that. I dont' need your lectures, it's done........IT'S A TRAGEDY AND I HOPE THIS DOESNT' TURN OUT THE SAME WAY, they wont' know how this girl died either, the head is missing........but she was dismembered and that's DISGUSTING that someone can get away with that and throwing little Caylee away like TRASH. America gone Hell in a handbasket if you ask me. <Modsnip> Justice was not served. PERIOD

(bolded/underlined by me)

Hi tomkat. No disrespect was intended from my previous post.

I share your frustration with things like this. It is a tragedy, absolutely. And yes, imo, the whole world is going to hellinahandbasket, for sure. I also happen to agree with you 100% that justice was NOT served in that case, so you'll get no argument from me here on the points you made above.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to grab a tomkat by the tail or lecture you at all in the other post. I was expressing the facts over why a lot of people seem confused about how the jury in that case was unable to come to any conclusion of guilt simply based on the fact that they had no idea HOW or WHEN or WHERE the child died.

(The following is not specifically addressing you, so don't feel it's another lecture. I'm just typing what crosses my mind, but not to anyone in particular.)

The jury was not required to know, but without knowing HOW/WHEN/WHERE she died, they couldn't move forward with deciding if the defendant was guilty on the charges that had to do with the death of the child. The wording of the criteria they must use to determine guilt on each crime required the jury to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was guilty of killing the child, but when several jurors explained their thought process, they explained that they could not convict because no matter what they thought, they had to be able to match their verdict with the criteria required for THAT crime. They could not match a guilty verdict with the criteria required for any crime that involved the death of the child because in order to do so, they had to be sure CASEY ANTHONY was responsible. They needed more info. They didn't know how. They didn't know when. They didn't know where. If they had gone with a guilty verdict on Murder in the First, they would have to have been able to justify that from the evidence and know what it was that convinced them that Casey Anthony was responsible for murder, child abuse, etc. They had NO IDEA because nothing was proven to them.

The crimes that the defendant was accused of were unable to be pinned on her because when they sat down in that jury room and went over each charge and went down the list of what they had to know (beyond a reasonable doubt) in order to go with that charge, they quickly realized that their hands were tied. The jurors felt confused, as well. Why? Well, mainly because most people don't realize that a juror can't sit down with a pre-conceived notion and just run with that to convict someone. There are rules for the jury to follow and criteria to be met to justify what they decide.

See, that's the stuff Nancy Grace won't tell ya. She's just there to entertain, not educate.

Thanks clkwrks for the video clip.. It is a rather strange clip, huh? Nothing said and maybe 10secs focused on McD.. Yes blinking alot!!

Noticeably different.. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight in a months time..IMO..
He has shaved all of his facial hair.. IMO making him appear much younger and youth like..
And then as I said seems to have lost quite a bit of weight.. His face 1 month ago seemed to be quite bloated IMO.. I wonder if there was any drug use? Just a question and I do mean prescription drugs as well.. Many of them have edema as a side effect.. Just a thought tho.. It definitely could just be bloated from being chubby and his having lost a bit of weight in a months time..

I am really questioning his emotional stability. And just as Agent Lundy posted
upthread there has been discussion on Macon.com that there were some problems with mental stability regarding SM in undergrad school and that Mercer was aware of these problems way back then..

I have a strong feeling there are some very very serious issues within SM emotional/mental health wise..

Do I believe for a moment that he is any bit insane(by the legal definition) ABSOLUTELY NOT!! and the only thing that has to be shown to prove HE IS NOT INSANE is the complete and total video footage from June 30th!! It is bone chilling to go back and watch it in FULL!!

Smooth, remember what angelanalyzes discussed about Mcds weight gain in wierd areas and a side effect from Rx drugs? Very solid point you make.

I heard from a very reliable source from Lilburn who grew up around McD; that he has always been spooky, and in highschool they were really concerned about his wellbeing.

So, I do not doubt he might have shown instability at Mercer Undergrad. I think we need to start talking about these red flags. Look at the VT killing spree,there were red flags for that students well.

I am really questioning his emotional stability. And just as Agent Lundy posted upthread there has been discussion on Macon.com that there were some problems with mental stability regarding SM in undergrad school and that Mercer was aware of these problems way back then..

I noticed the weight loss too. At first I thought he just looked thinner because he'd shaved but after going back to look at the media interviews from a month ago and comparing that to today's court appearance, I think you're right, that he's lost weight. Are there any medications that would cause the frequent blinking?

I noticed the weight loss too. At first I thought he just looked thinner because he'd shaved but after going back to look at the media interviews from a month ago and comparing that to today's court appearance, I think you're right, that he's lost weight. Are there any medications that would cause the frequent blinking?

I once took a drug for nerve pain and when I looked it up it said it was also used for seizure disorders and it played havoc with my eyes...stopped taking it very soon after. A version of Neurontin, I believe.

Just returned from a trip to the bank, which happens to take me by Barrister Hall apts.. there are two MPD crime scene vans back on site. A reporter from http://www.41nbc.com/ was setting up on the sidewalk.

MPD were arriving there as of 12:40, so they must've stayed quite a while. I could see one detective entering LG's apt. as I drove past.

The red flags are the history I have asked about. Now, people are talking. Where were they a month ago? Using hindsight makes me wonder if they are totally honest. If they had come forward from the beginning, I would take more stock in the "being spooky" or "acting strange" comments. Coming in now almost smells of seeking attention on their parts, too.

I want the right person to be punished fully. At this point, it seems SM is our guy. I hope all the evidence nails him to the ground. But, I hate people crawling out of the woodwork NOW to claim their own 15 minutes of fame. They didn't bother helping when it could have been useful in rounding up this case, but now that they can come forward and get some attention, they want to say, "Oh yeah! I knew he was like that all along. I've known him since ...."

Smooth, remember what angelanalyzes discussed about Mcds weight gain in wierd areas and a side effect from Rx drugs? Very solid point you make.

I heard from a very reliable source from Lilburn who grew up around McD; that he has always been spooky, and in highschool they were really concerned about his wellbeing.

So, I do not doubt he might have shown instability at Mercer Undergrad. I think we need to start talking about these red flags. Look at the VT killing spree,there were red flags for that students well.

I don't know if he is on any meds or not but he has obviously lost a good deal of weight. His arms are tiny, face is quite gaunt , (his shaving may taint my perception but this is what it looks like) I believe he is depressed . probably not been eating. I will defer to angelanalyzes on what makes this guy tick , but I believe he snapped, whether stress from law school, infatuation with LG and knowing she would soon be gone , don't know, but there's not a whole lot in his history to make us think he could do this. I'm thinking his Dark Passenger took over the steering wheel, even if it was only for a moment , but by then it was too late. A terrible tragedy for both families is correct.

This site says rapid blinking can be caused by stress, anxiety, or fatigue. I imagine he has all of the above.

http://www.bettermedicine.com/article/eye-blinking-symptoms/causes

Also, maybe he was just nervous with the cameras and everyone staring at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46