Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have undertaken the humungous task of reviewing all the past threads. I initially started because I wanted to dig up that information on a party that Brittanee et al attended (but I seemingly forgot about). But I'm finding tidbits of info that we have all forgotten about over the years. I'll bring forward anything that seems relevant.

I did find an old article that mentions that PB & company attended a college party after Brittanee left their hotel but before they returned to ROC. Is this the party that you guys are remembering? This is one of the few articles that I can find that still works after all these years.

After Brittanee left the hotel, Parrinello said, the men went to a nearby college party, but left shortly after. Since they had to check out of the hotel the next morning anyway, they decided to just leave then and get a head start on their trip.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7479898&page=1

My interesting conversation of the day was with a co-worker that lives in M'ville. This has definitely caused a stir among the locals. From what I understand there are certain areas of the community that even locals don't go, it's just understood. They stay away. My friend also said that the threat of arrest is a good thing, that's the only way some will talk. He thinks that there will be an arrest and it may include those that didn't tell what they knew.

I greatly value your local input, bestill.

My interesting conversation of the day was with a co-worker that lives in M'ville. This has definitely caused a stir among the locals. From what I understand there are certain areas of the community that even locals don't go, it's just understood. They stay away. My friend also said that the threat of arrest is a good thing, that's the only way some will talk. He thinks that there will be an arrest and it may include those that didn't tell what they knew.

Lots of communities have a code of silence. No snitching, no talking to police etc. M'ville is likely tight lipped because it's a small community, everyone knows each other. That makes things really difficult.

Threat of arrest is a good thing, but at the same time - they obviously lack crucial information here so you can't arrest someone for something you don't know yet.

However the wall of silence will eventually fall. Someone will get nabbed for a crime, and likely spill the beans on this to get leniency in their own charges, that's usually how it happens...all it takes is one weak link with a hefty sentence over their head.

I did find an old article that mentions that PB & company attended a college party after Brittanee left their hotel but before they returned to ROC. Is this the party that you guys are remembering? This is one of the few articles that I can find that still works after all these years.

I believe that's it!!

I wonder if they ALL went to the party and left her there? And that's why they zipped their lips and he got a lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments here are the only place I've seen it. Definitely nothing credible.
http://www.twcnews.com/nys/rocheste...el-disappearance--fbi-to-increase-reward.html

I'm disgusted and appalled. Thanks to the "WS'er" calling him out on his crap. Definitely not credible.

HOWEVER

We have seen things left in these comments end up being true, so I cannot completely discount the idea. It would explain having exhaustive evidence that she had been murdered without actually having her body. And it's one of very few ways they could prove her murder and it would probably hold up in court.

Could be options on the college party, there are two local colleges Coastal Carolina and Horry Georgetown Tech OR it could be a college group gathering at the beach for a spring break party.

there's places in McV that the cops won't even go

I also read about DNA evidence from brain matter. Maybe someone witnessed Brittanee's being shot in the head or beaten in the head, told LE where it happened. There have also been info that the brain matter was found in old barn in heavily wooded area. She was probably held there prior to her death. Have no idea if true. Mod please delete if not allowed.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I remember about 2 years after her disappearance posting on one of our threads and having conversations about the police in SC searching an old barn can anyone remember this or find link?

I remember about 2 years after her disappearance posting on one of our threads and having conversations about the police in SC searching an old barn can anyone remember this or find link?

I'll probably find it as I'm scouring the threads. It is slow going. There are lot of posts to go through...but I have A LOT of downtime at work. I'm starting thread #4 tomorrow and it is only mid-May 2009.

I'm very interested in knowing where you saw this information and whether it is from a credible source or if it's just hearsay. This is very specific information.

I've followed this case since she was reported missing, I live about an hour away. I've been on many blogs, read everything I could find. It has been awhile but I do remember it wasn't a comment made by anyone at the end of an article or posting. I've been looking for it again in the last few days. It was years ago.

I'll probably find it as I'm scouring the threads. It is slow going. There are lot of posts to go through...but I have A LOT of downtime at work. I'm starting thread #4 tomorrow and it is only mid-May 2009.

I don't think the statements I read were on WS because there wasn't a link that could be used. I remember the old barn comment and the brain matter being discussed. I'm looking too.

I don't think the statements I read were on WS because there wasn't a link that could be used. I remember the old barn comment and the brain matter being discussed. I'm looking too.
I saw some pictures of the CUE woman, Monica Caison, searching what looked like an old barn just a few days ago. Could that be it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I hope there are some updates soon. This has always been a heart breaking case. I always thought that if she were no longer living that whoever took her murdered her the night she went missing. Now we are learning that she lived for a period of days beyond her disappearance. Tragic. I cannot imagine what she went through, the emotions she felt, etc.

There have been many comments about "local law enforcement" in MCv. There is no local law enforcement in that town. It is in Charleston county so police are sent from 35 miles away when needed. Back when I lived in the area there was a satellite station for them at the town hall, but they were rarely there. It was somewhat lawless then and probably still is

Yes, I believe this was brought up in earlier threads that possibly she went down side street/side entrance to BW that connected to the pool area/parking and that that might explain why she didn't appear on the next camera and that she possibly got into a vehicle there, possible one of the "friends." I cannot remember if or why that was ruled out, or if it was. That would explain why no one saw her snatched off of OB and her not appearing on the next street cam.

Would locals be aware of where all the security cameras were located on any streets in question? Are the cameras obvious to most citizens, or are they discreetly placed?

I definitely remember the old barn but not sure if I read it here or on another forum, the same about reading about the brain matter. It has been years ago.

Thanks asking the questions and its good to know we are on the right track (although not surprised considering the caliber of the people posting/sleuthing!). Question....you said you asked Local LE....does "local" mean local to you (not sure where you are in Carolina), or local meaning local to McC area?

I just meant local to the coastal area of SC. I live in Myrtle Beach and he lives in Charleston.

ETA: He isn't involved with the case and doesn't have any major details about the investigation (but I got the impression that he knows more than the general public does... just from speaking to his fellow officers about it).

Thread 1 page 40-ish there is lots of discussion about a cell phone ping from B's phone having gone inland into Williamsburg Co. and then back toward the coast & Georgetown. All links I can find are expired and when I do a Google search I turn up no results. Was this information redacted? If so, for inaccuracy or secrecy? If it's true then it could be very important with regard to where Brittanee was held. Does anyone recall how this lead panned out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane