TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily agree with this. My daughter had someone as a Facebook friend who I wondered aloud to her "why would you want to be friends with her" and her response was "just because they are friends on Facebook, doesn't mean they are really your friend" This person had done some really mean things to my daughter. You can block what certain people see but can still keep an eye on what they are posting (if they don't block you of course). My niece's ex-boyfriend was Facebook friends with me but I didn't delete him as my friend when they broke up because I was concerned about his reaction to the breakup and wanted to keep an eye on what he was posting about her because I was concerned about her safety. He had so many friends I guess he has never noticed that I am still friends with him. I think it goes back to the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...

yeah... I heard about that... what I am really interested in hearing is about a four hour break in the search... I had not heard that yesterday... ((only about the road blocks but it seemed from will tweets that the woods search was going on at the same time???))

most likely prime news will have the "roadblocks" as their breaking news...

I'm sure NG will make heavy drama out of the roadblocks, even thought they were announced very early in the morning, they were not done in the middle of a search as if something had been found...

We are talking about Holly's private FB page her personal page. Its private and no her friends should not be discussed here unless they are directly tied to this case and have been in the media.

Ima

My question is referring to other actual vitctim's who have threads here on ws - are their facebook pages not to be discussed on ws or is it just holly's? tia.

I bolded the ws etiquette rule you posted above - this is where my confusion lies.

Concentric would you please repost your questions you had about 911 dispatchers here again? I'm interested in the answer you might get :) You never got an answer & the thread was closed.

Sorry...I got sidetracked and when I went back to read, the thread was closed, so I did answer it above. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask..:)

The family friend on NG last night was very frustrated and said that LE is not telling anyone anything at all...so I don't think they are holding info back, maybe LE just does not have any info.

I can pretty much bet LE is holding back lots and I bet they have lots to hold back.
Family members are not talking, residents are not talking because LE has asked them not to. IMO

re: 911 call
I am surprised the media has not gotten a hold of it yet or have they and I missed it?

Anyway...
re: home invasion
to me that term tells me that a suspect or suspects have entered a home. From what we have been told there is nothing to support this.

I am wondering if it is a mistake on the part of the operator taking the call or misunderstanding what happened. I work in the field and what people say and what really happened are sometimes two different things. If an operator is inexperienced they may not be able to use proper questioning techniques to get to the bottom of the story.

yeah... I heard about that... what I am really interested in hearing is about a four hour break in the search... I had not heard that yesterday... ((only about the road blocks but it seemed from will tweets that the woods search was going on at the same time???))

most likely prime news will have the "roadblocks" as their breaking news...

HLN just had a bit on it. Nothing new. "Friends & family defending brother" & the reward is up to eighty thousand dollars.

Sorry...I got sidetracked and when I went back to read, the thread was closed, so I did answer it above. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask..:)

Thanks for responding. I'm going to put it off as the dispatcher not knowing what she was doing, unless the brother made it sound like a home invasion.

see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...

I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences).
-----------------
Wow Carla, was it you who defended yourself resulting in the consequences?

I had a stalker once. It was intregal to forming PTSD. This person lived in the same apartment building and would leave "presents" at my door, follow me around, and talk in the hallway that he was going to kill me. Not fun, on top of everything else. Couldn't move because I couldn't get out of my lease and had no money. LE said I had no case. Finally got away from there.

Another thing that I would like to throw out there for people to think about. I am married to an investigator/city security manager of a large metropolitan area. When we were first married we would constantly talk about crime cases (we still do) and he told me one thing that will always stay in my mind and has been a great relief to me to think of when I've been so rattled by all of these cases. I would always say, "Why would someone do this or that?" He said, "You can't possibly understand it or think the way that these murderers do because you do not have that kind of mind." I've never forgotten this and no matter how good I am at spotting clues and reading through BS to get to the actual truth of a case, there really is no way that those of us who are regular thinking people can go there. He repeats this to me whenever I get all caught up in a case. He said it to me just last night again. It's so frustrating, but its true.

Thoughts re: 911 calls being made public.

The investigation can put a kabosh on releasing 911 calls for as long as they feel it benefits the investigation to do so.

Along the same lines:

News outlets have a vested interest in cooperating with LE's request not to publish certain sensitive information regarding ongoing investigations. The interest being - LE will continue to work with the press on this and other investigations, but not if news outlets ignore LE requests regarding sensitive investigation information.

If you think about what's best for the victim, the family, the integrity of the investigation, and the ability for the victims to see justice prevail in the courts ... This is the way it should be.

WS Tip: When I run out of flat walls to bang my head on in one room, I move to the next room and call the sheet rock repair dudes. :banghead: :banghead:

JMHO. :cow:

re: 911 call
I am surprised the media has not gotten a hold of it yet or have they and I missed it?

Anyway...
re: home invasion
to me that term tells me that a suspect or suspects have entered a home. From what we have been told there is nothing to support this.

I am wondering if it is a mistake on the part of the operator taking the call or misunderstanding what happened. I work in the field and what people say and what really happened are sometimes two different things. If an operator is inexperienced they may not be able to use proper questioning techniques to get to the bottom of the story.

K-mouse...I explained this on the first page of this thread. Just FYI...:)

I'm going to go with norest4 on the 911 call. Those calls have to be tagged in some way in order to go through. Sort of like when you go to the hospital ER and they ask you for you rMAIN complaint, and then everything else goes in the notes. You may have multiple symptoms to report, but they have to pick one as the reason for your visit. 911 has to pick one reported thing as the reason for your call.

If the brother was upset when he called 911, as he likely was, I can see him saying things like "her car is still here" "there's blood on the floor" "this guy took her into the woods, all she was doing was walking outside to get in the car". Distressed people don't always make the best reporters, and if he said something that led the operator to believe that she was in the house, then next time he saw her she was being led to the woods, that would likely go up as a home invasion. or if the operator asked directly if the man came in the house, the brother is flustered and gives one of those "yes, no, i don't know" answers, it may have gone in as a home invasion in case the brother were about to be attacked, and also to advise the use of officer caution.

K-mouse...I explained this on the first page of this thread. Just FYI...:)

Sorry, this thread has been a busy one and it has been hard to keep up. I usually go to the last post and work back from there.

Another thing that I would like to throw out there for people to think about. I am married to an investigator/city security manager of a large metropolitan area. When we were first married we would constantly talk about crime cases (we still do) and he told me one thing that will always stay in my mind and has been a great relief to me to think of when I've been so rattled by all of these cases. I would always say, "Why would someone do this or that?" He said, "You can't possibly understand it or think the way that these murderers do because you do not have that kind of mind." I've never forgotten this and no matter how good I am at spotting clues and reading through BS to get to the actual truth of a case, there really is no way that those of us who are regular thinking people can go there. He repeats this to me whenever I get all caught up in a case. He said it to me just last night again. It's so frustrating, but its true.
this is soooo very true.

I will never forget the Groene case/Jet Duncan. At first everyone thought it just had to be a local that knew the area... Lot of lessons learned in that case the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123