GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Bashara opens up about Joe Gentz connection

Husband of slain Grosse Pointe Park mother says handyman is lying about what happened

Published On: May 11 2012 10:48:51 AM EDT

Bashara opens up about Joe Gentz

---- VIDEO (4:01) & TEXT ----

DETROIT -
In a new exclusive interview, Bob Bashara shares the connection he has with the man who is charged in his wife’s murder.

Bashara’s wife, Jane, was found dead in the back her SUV in Detroit on Jan. 25. Bashara had reported her missing the night before.

A man known to the family, Joe Gentz, has been charged with her murder.

“I knew he wasn’t playing with a full deck. I knew he had some issues,” Bashara said.

In October 2011, Bashara says he was introduced to Gentz because Gentz was looking for a place to live and Bashara knew about several rental properties.

“I was nice enough to help him get a place to live. I actually put power in my name for him because he had issues with the local utility,” Bashara said. “And, for whatever reason, again, me being a nice guy, I put the power in my name.”

Through odd jobs, Bashara says he eventually paid Gentz to do some handyman work at a rental property and his own home.

Code:
In a previous interview with Local 4, Bashara had said Gentz never met Jane.

Marc Santia: “Did Joe ever meet Jane?”

Bashara: “At that time? No.  … it was during the day, she was at work.”

But in his most recent interview with Dateline, Bashara said the handyman did have a face-to-face encounter with Jane.

“He had did some yard work out back, he had met Jane out in the back,” Bashara said. “She brought us iced tea one day while we were cleaning up some shrubbery and preparing the back yard for winter.”

Sources close to Jane’s murder investigation have told Local 4 that Gentz has told investigators he was contracted by Bashara to do the killing.

“I’m not a nefarious person, but I’m certainly not going to hire an idiot to kill my wife in my garage. Doesn’t make sense and because it’s not true,” Bashara said. “I have nothing to do with that. I am a loving husband, was a loving husband. “

In Bashara’s interview with Dateline’s Dennis Murphy, he says Gentz is lying.

Dennis Murphy: “Did you murder your wife? Did you cause her death?”

Bashara: “Absolutely not.”

Dennis Murphy: “Were you in cahoots with this handyman guy?”

Bashara: “No.”

Bashara says Gentz began demanding more jobs and money. So, Bashara said, he tried to distance himself.

Bashara said he thinks Gentz went to his home on Jan. 24 while Jane was home.

“He must have come over here looking for me, I wasn’t here on the 24th, ran across Jane and said, ‘I’m here to see Bob,’ or ‘I need to talk to Bob.’ She probably told him, ‘He’s not here.’ Maybe he pushed her? Maybe he came in and … I don’t know what happened,” Bashara said. “I got to imagine that Jane told him to ‘go to hell, get out of my house.’ And he snapped.”

Gentz is currently locked up in the Dickerson jail in Hamtramck, awaiting a preliminary hearing that is set for June.

Dateline: Secrets in the Suburbs airs at 10 p.m. Friday on Local 4.

--------

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ntz-connection/-/1719314/13071960/-/d1rskp/-/

Dateline's preview of tonight's show: (pretty good quality!)

---- VIDEO ----

clipboard02fz.jpg

clipboard01opw.jpg

clipboard03yo.jpg

Source: Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity and health

Code:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/vp/47362418#47362418

More photos: (Click on Spoiler below to view)

bond1d.jpg

bond2.jpg

Is it permanent?:eek:

I have no clue, Celebrationmd! Signed back on last night to see comments re this 11 pm news "appearance" and was only able to read Valhall's piece about her dad, hateful people, etc. The last part was something about no more blog, I think, but I'm not sure!!! Then swooosh! No more Hinky Meter. My heart breaks for her! Now, if it has anything to do with this case -- the timing freaked me out! -- I am more than concerned. Am trying to reach WDIV right now, as they were the ones following the blog from the get-go (they took the "Motive for Murder" part seriously when other outlets hadn't quite explored it all yet).

He is so full of bs!! Soooo many lies and when he tries to come forward and tell the truth, more lies!! Was he not able to give RG the picket fence because he got caught up in a murder, his mortgage wasn't approved, or did RG just shut down? I don't believe that was because of his marriage and I don't think JB let him have an open marriage. Why else would he be purchasing a house and having Ms Oregon come here?
Just his facial expressions as he told his story looked like he was lying, IMO. A "poor me", I've been judged wrong act and I'm not buying it!!

:what: OMG! Didn't know that. I can't get any page to load. :pullhair:

Wonder what happened?

Angel, now the domain name is up for sale! *goosebumps* Swoosh! Gone! Vanished!!! Valhall was the FIRST to get "Motive for Murder" on target and get media listening and now.... just as Dateline is about to air? Her members uncovered the Alt postings, the first photos, etc. Everything network news started using. She was credited for it as well. And now, she's gone. It worries me! I hope she is OK.

[

“He must have come over here looking for me, I wasn’t here on the 24th, ran across Jane and said, ‘I’m here to see Bob,’ or ‘I need to talk to Bob.’ She probably told him, ‘He’s not here.’ Maybe he pushed her? Maybe he came in and … I don’t know what happened,” Bashara said. “I got to imagine that Jane told him to ‘go to hell, get out of my house.’ And he snapped.”

How odd!! The man never snapped THAT BAD on anyone else before, even with his anger issues. I have to believe that someone has ticked him off pretty bad before and he never murdered anyone. So why on earth would he just snap and kill JB? Doesn't make sense to me.

Big Bob Bashara goes national
on Dateline NBC

By: Ben Burns 05.11.2012

Folks have been asking us why we aren’t covering the Jane Bashara murder case like a blanket. GrossePointeToday.com is a community news and information website. We strive in our news items to follow Dragnet’s Jack Webb’s advice: "Just the facts, ma’am, just the facts." We are somewhat more opinionated in our columns.

But the fact is, as of a glorious sunny Friday in May, there is no real news about Bob Bashara, the victim’s husband. Yet Channel 4 is airing a series at 11 p.m. sorting through the details and incidents of his life, including an interview with Big Bob. Dateline NBC sent out a media release touting their roll-through of the case Friday night at 10 p.m.

The fact is, if you want to review what the state and national media are running on the case you can check our home page for our aggregated list of stories elsewhere that refer to Grosse Pointe.

Like the rest of the news media we have questions, but no answers. When we get answers we will put them up on the website.

For example:

• Why is handyman Joe Gentz charged with conspiracy to commit murder and no conspirator is named?
  • Why did Grosse Pointe police delay for two days a search of the Bashara Middlesex home?
  • Why did 10 days pass before a forensics team examined the garage?
  • Who was responsible for breaking the chain of evidence and the loss of the clothes Jane Bashara was wearing when she was brutally strangled and left in Detroit in the back seat of her SUV?

None of those questions is going to be answered by interviewing Bob Bashara or noting his movements around town or his attendance at the annual Mayors’ Prayer Breakfast.

He has told several different tales of the facts that are known in the case.
Some should be eventually answered by the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office.

The tragedy in all of this is the loss of Jane Bashara, a warm, friendly person and competent marketing executive who helped make the Grosse Pointes a better place to live with her community involvement. We should never lose sight of that.

Dungeon sex antics, the other woman, bad business dealings, rumors and Bob sightings are all distractions from finding the facts of Jane’s slaying and seeing that justice is done.

--------

Source: http://grossepointetoday.com/people/ben-burns/002819-big-bob-bashara-goes-nationalon-dateline-nbc

Bob Bashara says investigators have gone too far

Husband of slain Grosse Pointe Park woman says police 'have been terrible'

Author: Marc Santia, Local 4 Defenders
Published On: May 11 2012 06:01:09 PM EDT

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
As a person of interest in his wife's murder, Bob Bashara has met with police, given statements, DNA, and even handwriting samples.

But Bashara, who has not been charged, says investigators have gone too far with his friends, family, and Rachel Gillett -- the woman he had an extra-marital relationship with for three years.

"The police have been terrible," he said. "They've been terrible in leaking, corrupting. They've corrupted (Rachel), turned her against me. They've turned friends of ours against me ... to think that I could harm my lovely wife ... is unthinkable to me. And everyone that knows us is struggling with this because they know Jane and I had a special relationship."

In an interview with Dateline's Dennis Murphy at the Bashara home in Grosse Pointe Park, Bob Bashara said during the months since Jane's death, his private life has been thrust into the spotlight and it has affected his family, especially his daughter Jessie.

"Well, you know what, she's not happy about, about the other situation," he said. "But she firmly knows I had nothing to do with killing her mother, as does her brother. Jane and her were very close. And she's hurt. She's mad. Not happy with me about the, about the Rachel thing. But you know, again, when this is all said and done and I have the chance to explain to her and my son and others that are close to me what the relationship was like between Jane and I, and why I was even involved in the other situation, you'll say, 'Oh OK, well, I guess I understand now. It's a little clearer.' But I need to get past this first."

Bashara said his children are grieving.

"They terribly miss their mother," he said. "My daughter especially. My daughter is an absolute sweetheart. She misses her mother dearly."

As far as being under the microscope in a city where he was born and raised, Bashara says when this is all said and done, he hopes to stay in Grosse Pointe Park.

"I don't want to leave here," he said. "I love this community. I love this community. I may stay in Grosse Pointe. But when I am acquitted of all this and when this all by me, 'cause I will get by this. I will get by this. That's my hope and prayer. I may still stay in Grosse Pointe. To heck with the, what people think."

-----

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...e-gone-too-far/-/1719314/13092416/-/293elh/-/

So, do people think Valhall's site closing down has something to do with her covering issues surrounding Jane's murder?

Or is it just that she's burnt out and needs time to sort out and deal with personal issues?

Does it sound as if she was being harrassed or something to suddenly pull her site? Maybe she's just fed up with trying to maintain it?

Whatever the reasons, I wish her well and hope she gets some rest and is able to resolve her feelings towards her mother. I'm sure she did the best she knew how to do at the time while trying to cope with her father's illness. It sounds as if she loves him very much.

Are Jane's clothes still missing? I thought that they had been found.
Do we know for sure? Was it a reporting mistake or are they still lost - left behind at the autopsy location?

So, do people think Valhall's site closing down has something to do with her covering issues surrounding Jane's murder?

Or is it just that she's burnt out and needs time to sort out and deal with personal issues?

Does it sound as if she was being harrassed or something to suddenly pull her site? Maybe she's just fed up with trying to maintain it?

Whatever the reasons, I wish her well and hope she gets some rest and is able to resolve her feelings towards her mother. I'm sure she did the best she knew how to do at the time while trying to cope with her father's illness. It sounds as if she loves him very much.

Hi,

I just joined here today. I've been on HM several months. I believe Val shut it down because things got very ugly on the Trayvon Martin thread over the last several days; last night she posted a couple of really melt-down type posts on that thread. She was being criticized by some posters because of all the people who have been posting very ugly things about the victim and his family, over the last few days. It was a real mess. So, there were two very frustrated posts by Val, with threats to shut the thread down, which did happen, shortly followed by the whole site going off line.

Just thought you might like to know, I think the TM thread finished her off. That's my best guess.

Have a great weekend.

Bob Bashara says investigators have gone too far

Author: Marc Santia, Local 4 Defenders
Published On: May 11 2012 06:01:09 PM EDT

'snipped' . . . . . . thrust into the spotlight and it has affected his family, especially his daughter Jessie.

"Well, you know what, she's not happy about, about the other situation," he said. "But she firmly knows I had nothing to do with killing her mother, as does her brother. Jane and her were very close. And she's hurt. She's mad. Not happy with me about the, about the Rachel thing. But you know, again, when this is all said and done and I have the chance to explain to her and my son and others that are close to me what the relationship was like between Jane and I, and why I was even involved in the other situation, you'll say, 'Oh OK, well, I guess I understand now. It's a little clearer.' But I need to get past this first."

Bashara said his children are grieving.

"They terribly miss their mother," he said. "My daughter especially. My daughter is an absolute sweetheart. She misses her mother dearly."

-----

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...e-gone-too-far/-/1719314/13092416/-/293elh/-/

1st bbm - 'Not happy with me about the, about the Rachel thing.'
BB is acting clueless and is minimizing both his daughter's legitimate feelings and, I must add, those of Rachel. I'm sure BB told things to Rachel over the years to create the hope in her that he says she had for 'the white picket fence life'. He minimizes his role or his responsibility for creating the feelings that both his daughter and Rachel have but for different reasons. The reason they're both crushed is due to BB's actions and BB's promises and BB's lies, even if he isn't responsible for Jane's murder. Do others hear how he doesn't admit that?

More minimizing - 'when this is all said and done'
Ugh! It's not like a speeding ticket or even a DUI that one might learn from.

And, 'But I need to get past this first.'
He needs to get past what before he can fully explain to his daughter why he treated her mother/his wife like he did. What can he possibly say to explain it - he's delusional and likes to hear his own excuses even if he's the only one who believes them.

I hope Jessie will find someone she can talk to to sort out her feelings, to vent and grieve apart from her father who she'll probably have to separate herself from. He's not who she thought he was so that's like another death to her.

Bob Bashara says police investigators 'have been terrible'

Published On: May 11 2012 06:38:06 PM EDT

---- VIDEO (3:19) ----

clipboard01eqd.jpg

In an interview with Dateline's Dennis Murphy at the Bashara home in Grosse Pointe Park, Bob Bashara said during the months since Jane's death, his private life has been thrust into the spotlight and it has affected his family, especially his daughter Jessie.

-------

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ble/-/1719418/13094652/-/1pea37z/-/index.html

Hi,

I just joined here today. I've been on HM several months. I believe Val shut it down because things got very ugly on the Trayvon Martin thread over the last several days; last night she posted a couple of really melt-down type posts on that thread. She was being criticized by some posters because of all the people who have been posting very ugly things about the victim and his family, over the last few days. It was a real mess. So, there were two very frustrated posts by Val, with threats to shut the thread down, which did happen, shortly followed by the whole site going off line.

Just thought you might like to know, I think the TM thread finished her off. That's my best guess.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks and Welcome to WS Old_Hippie. 60's or 70's?

I wonder if it's something with the solar system - I've been feeling angrier than usual too and some of my posts reflect that - to the extent we're allowed anger around here anyway (which is a good thing).

Thanks and Welcome to WS Old_Hippie. 60's or 70's?

I wonder if it's something with the solar system - I've been feeling angrier than usual too and some of my posts reflect that - to the extent we're allowed anger around here anyway (which is a good thing).

Thanks! Mid '60's to mid 70's ish! :woohoo:

Shame about HM; I've been lurking here on WS for a while, so I joined because I'm was having forum withdrawals! Glad to be here! Happy Sleuthing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam