CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from visiting Rockridge--the area around Shuz. I took some pictures which I hope I'll be able to upload here.

As expected, there was bumper to bumper traffic going through on College Ave, and the street was crawling with people. Of course, it's Saturday, but this is always a busy area.

I was lucky to find a parking spot on Harwood almost directly across from the alley/parking lot where LR parked his car on Aug. 10.

Harwood itself is quiet and residential with beautiful, but not extravagant, older houses and big trees; I guess if someone grabbed Hasanni and ran up Harwood with him it might have been possible to do so without being seen, but my gut feeling is: it just didn't happen.

The alley/parking lot is not as long as it looks in the pictures online. I wanted to get closer to the door and archway and snap a photo but I was a little worried about trespassing or possibly that I could get in trouble for taking pictures. However, I can say that the archway has no door and appears to go to a backyard of the apartment building. The doorway next to it that is partly hidden looks like it might be a storage area and the door looks like it is broken or slightly ajar.

On the left hand wall of the alley are windows of a store between the empty corner store and the alley, so someone in there could have seen something if a person grabbed Hasanni.

The store on the corner of Harwood and College is empty and you can see through the windows from one street to the other--hopefully this is obvious in the picture.

I walked from the alley parking lot to Shuz and since I wasn't wearing a watch I just counted 1-2-3 etc, and figure it's probably less than a minute from the alley to the store--probably would take less time if I were younger, LOL.

I peered into the Shuz shop but I did not see Jennifer; there was a poster for Hasanni in the window.

My overall feeling is that he was not kidnapped. I could be wrong but after seeing the whole scene, I just don't think so. All the people I saw were upscale, yuppies or parents, no homeless or anyone looking "down on their luck" whatsoever--NOT that homeless or down on their luck people are miscreants, but you just don't find any of that element in this neighborhood. It's just a really nice area. Bad things can happen anywhere, of course, so I could be wrong, but I just don't see Hasanni being abducted here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4565&d=1250374496

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4566&d=1250374522

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4567&d=1250374557

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4568&d=1250374605

Bumping your post Columbo!!! Some how I missed it....Thanks so much for the pictures & your description of the area. That was so very kind of you to post the pictures & to take the time on a busy Sat. there too! :blowkiss:

I just don't see how if LR didn't go into the store as he says.....wouldn't have seen anything or heard anything at all. I really believe something happened way before he got to the shoe store.....like right around the time he was at the junk yard or before. They said witnesses said a child was crying in the car, could they have really just heard the baby crying after being left in the car alone???? :mad:

ETA: I hope you don't mind I bumped your post into the astro thread for them too! :wink:

:angel:

Bumping your post Columbo!!! Some how I missed it....Thanks so much for the pictures & your description of the area. That was so very kind of you to post the pictures & to take the time on a busy Sat. there too! :blowkiss:

I just don't see how if LR didn't go into the store as he says.....wouldn't have seen anything or heard anything at all. I really believe something happened way before he got to the shoe store.....like right around the time he was at the junk yard or before. They said witnesses said a child was crying in the car, could they have really just heard the baby crying after being left in the car alone???? :mad:

You're welcome...you know, there is SO much visibility, with that one store on the corner being empty and having HUGE plate glass windows, and it's just steps from Shuz...he could have seen through those windows to Harwood--unless the abductor ran up Harwood in the opposite direction away from College. Plus, that business which is right next to the alley, I'm sure someone would have looked up if they heard a commotion and they could have looked out the windows, too. It just seems so unlikely that anyone could have taken Hasanni and not be seen.

WOW --good point, Angel Who Cares! maybe it was just the baby, alone in the car at the junkyard, and she would have been crying and upset because of whatever LR did to Hasanni. Oh, I hate to think about it...

BBM -

Kinda what I was thinkin. Did witnesses actually see Hassani? And, if so, was he moving and alert? Possibly LR was on his way to the shoreline to dispose of Hassani and stopped at the salvage yard to be able to explain why witnesses may have seen his car in the area . . . .

Columbo, what do those steps in the back go to? It seems there are a lot of windows around. Apartments? It's a very visable area for no one to have seen/heard anything. Is there heavy foot traffic crossing the alley way?

Video: Foster father of Hassani Campbell talks to Nancy Grace
August 15, 3:12 PM
<snipped>
Louis Ross, 38, the foster father of 5-year-old Hassani Campell spoke to HLN's Nancy Grace and explained what occurred the day the little boy disappeared.

He told Grace that he left Hassani standing outside his BMW for two to five minutes. He went to open the front door of the store where the boy&#8217;s aunt, Jennifer Cambell, 33, works to ask her to open the back door so Hassani could enter with ease. Hassani suffers from cerebral palsy, but Ross said he does not wear silver leg braces, but instead wears small white braces on his ankles.

Ross explained, "By the time I got there [to the car], Jennifer is already out of the store, walking toward me, asking, 'Where is Hasanni?' And I say, 'What do you mean, where is Hasanni?' And I look around to the side, and he is no longer there."

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...ther-of-Hassani-Campbell-talks-to-Nancy-Grace

EDA: this sure dosen't add up to Columbo's time that it would take to walk to the front of the store & back....even with adding in motioning to JC to open the backdoor! A reporter timed it & said it took 40 seconds to get from the backdoor to the front of the shoe store in one of the videos! :shakehead:

Poor Hassani was IMO not even in the car at this point & time. Something happened earlier in the day....before he went to the junk yard!

Off Topic post, please ignore if it is of no interest.

Just posting for those that are tracking down info on LWR on the internet...as a guide for further searches..May or may not be of importance.

Found "a" LWR. age 38 (note the "W" in the initials I used is notated as Welton)

Places listed:

Monterey, CA

Fremont, CA

Silver Spring, MD

Columbia, MD

Elkridge, MD

Charlotte, NC

Bowie, MD

Beltsville, MD

Portsmouth, VA

Mitchellville, MD

I won't post the names of possible relatives, because they are not directly involved and I want to both protect and respect their privacy. However, I did jot them down and will track them behind the scenes to see if anything about LWR pops up.

Sorry for the OT post.

shoreline.....looking for car parts......do you suppose it's possible that he used something off of the car to weigh this child down? Spare tire (would that sink?)....a jack stand....and then he went to salvage looking to replace what he used, fast?

Kat Not O/T at all if you ask me & I bet most here feel the same as I do! :blowkiss:

Thanks so much for working so hard, on helping to find info on him for us & the astrologers too! It would give us more insight into who & what type of guy he really is/was too!

Junkyards...great places to hide things large and small. Like a hammer or belt buckle that might show it was used to beat a child to death.

Just saying it's possible. It's not my personal theory, but it is possible.

Kat Not O/T at all if you ask me & I bet most here feel the same as I do! :blowkiss:

Thanks so much for working so hard, on helping to find info on him for us & the astrologers too! It would give us more insight into who & what type of guy he really is/was too!

I totally agree! There could be something in his past that might help us!

Shutterfly posted:
shoreline.....looking for car parts......do you suppose it's possible that he used something off of the car to weigh this child down? Spare tire (would that sink?)....a jack stand....and then he went to salvage looking to replace what he used, fast?

Oh so possible! Also possible, he could've used something in the car to hurt Hassani, whether intentional or not . . . . had to get rid of it, so had to replace it . . . .

Columbo, what do those steps in the back go to? It seems there are a lot of windows around. Apartments? It's a very visable area for no one to have seen/heard anything. Is there heavy foot traffic crossing the alley way?

Yes, that is an apartment building and I am pretty certain the steps go up into the apt. building--they would have to, there's no where else for them to go, if I recall. Now I am embarassed because I can't say this with 100% certainty! All the windows in that building are apt's--on the right hand side of the alley is a single family home (gray) that I think also has windows looking out to the alley , and then on the left is a business with windows on the alley. So there are all kinds of windows all around that alley!

I wouldn't say there is heavy foot traffic crossing the alley way--if you might be thinking that people would go through the length of it and go through that little archway, for example, I think that leads to private property (the apt's back yard). But there were 3 cars and a motorcycle parked in there so it is not what I would call "secluded", at all. Since I didn't go through the archway I don't know if someone could have grabbed Hasanni and somehow exited through there--I simply don't know where it leads to, except to the back yard of the apt's. Hope this makes sense.

I should have been a better detective and really analyzed everything while I was standing there--I think I did pretty good just going on gut reactions, and impressions, though.

Hope this helps to answer your questions.

RAW VIDEO: Aerials Of Search For Missing Boy 08/15/09~4:14 PT
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54116@kpix.dayport.com

O/T: Be right back all....darn hard drive or the fan is humming so loud it's driving me :crazy:...it's not even a yr old it shouldn't be making all this noise. :banghead: Hopefully re-booting will make it stop! :crossfingers:

RAW VIDEO: Aerials Of Search For Missing Boy 08/15/09~4:14 PT
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54116@kpix.dayport.com

O/T: Be right back all....darn hard drive or the fan is humming so loud it's driving me :crazy:...it's not even a yr old it shouldn't be making all this noise. :banghead: Hopefully re-booting will make it stop! :crossfingers:

Green canopy in front of the pavilion??????

ETA: This is NOT good.....

Thanks Columbo!

It would be nice to hear from the residents to know if they thought they'd hear/see any sort of commotion. Or even if they'd happen to notice LR pulling in there and Hassani not getting out of the car.

I still also think it's important to know if any employees, business owners or shoppers remember LR and JC frantically searching for Hassani in the area. Would be a big key if they had not.

I just got back from visiting Rockridge--the area around Shuz. I took some pictures which I hope I'll be able to upload here.

As expected, there was bumper to bumper traffic going through on College Ave, and the street was crawling with people. Of course, it's Saturday, but this is always a busy area.

I was lucky to find a parking spot on Harwood almost directly across from the alley/parking lot where LR parked his car on Aug. 10.

Harwood itself is quiet and residential with beautiful, but not extravagant, older houses and big trees; I guess if someone grabbed Hasanni and ran up Harwood with him it might have been possible to do so without being seen, but my gut feeling is: it just didn't happen.

The alley/parking lot is not as long as it looks in the pictures online. I wanted to get closer to the door and archway and snap a photo but I was a little worried about trespassing or possibly that I could get in trouble for taking pictures. However, I can say that the archway has no door and appears to go to a backyard of the apartment building. The doorway next to it that is partly hidden looks like it might be a storage area and the door looks like it is broken or slightly ajar.

On the left hand wall of the alley are windows of a store between the empty corner store and the alley, so someone in there could have seen something if a person grabbed Hasanni.

The store on the corner of Harwood and College is empty and you can see through the windows from one street to the other--hopefully this is obvious in the picture.

I walked from the alley parking lot to Shuz and since I wasn't wearing a watch I just counted 1-2-3 etc, and figure it's probably less than a minute from the alley to the store--probably would take less time if I were younger, LOL.

I peered into the Shuz shop but I did not see Jennifer; there was a poster for Hasanni in the window.

My overall feeling is that he was not kidnapped. I could be wrong but after seeing the whole scene, I just don't think so. All the people I saw were upscale, yuppies or parents, no homeless or anyone looking "down on their luck" whatsoever--NOT that homeless or down on their luck people are miscreants, but you just don't find any of that element in this neighborhood. It's just a really nice area. Bad things can happen anywhere, of course, so I could be wrong, but I just don't see Hasanni being abducted here.

Thank you kindly, Columbo, for the information and the photos. For those of us so far away, it gives a much clearer idea of location and makes it much easier to follow the details. :blowkiss:

Just watched the video of the search area. If they are searching these barren hilles, I do not think they are looking for a handicapped child who wandered away. The only way Hassani ended up there was if he was left there. :(

Thanks Columbo!

It would be nice to hear from the residents to know if they thought they'd hear/see any sort of commotion. Or even if they'd happen to notice LR pulling in there and Hassani not getting out of the car.

I still also think it's important to know if any employees, business owners or shoppers remember LR and JC frantically searching for Hassani in the area. Would be a big key if they had not.

You're welcome, YellowSubmarine!
If the police went house to house then I'm betting they have asked people this! They aren't telling us, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627