GUILTY OH - Tiffany Brown, 26, Bellefontaine, 11 Feb 2011

I fear someone else has had control of Tiffany's cell phone since Friday, and are trying to make it appear she's alive and well when she isn't. I'd love to know what the text message says.

I was wondering if Tiffany even had a reason to travel to Kenton. Doesn't sound like it if she told the babysitter she would only be gone half an hour. There is a Krogers in town so she wouldn't need to travel to Kenton for that.

A phone will ping as long as it's turned on. It doesn't need a call to make that happen. Was the phone only turned on to make that last call. Who was the call made to or was it just to voicemail? That worries me if someone was calling voicemail. A perp will usually do that to see if their victim is being missed yet. IMO they do this out of morbid curiosity and give themselves a heads up for when people start looking for their victim.

Another thought is that this could be a car accident. All the more reason to get the phone pings asap.

ETA: missed the info about who the call was made to.

My guess that if her phone was used in Bellefontaine, Kenton would be the tower her phone would ping off of.

My guess that if her phone was used in Bellefontaine, Kenton would be the tower her phone would ping off of.

Kenton is 20 miles away. Cell towers are usually more plentiful than that. It would be unusual these days to ping on a tower so far away. I'm going to see if I can map the towers. BRB.

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wtte_vid_9262.shtml

Title added: Car found

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo.../story-bellefontaine-missing-mom.html?sid=102

Authorities have located the vehicle belonging to a Logan County woman who has been missing since last week.
Tiffany Brown's car was found in Bellefontaine at the Colonial Arms Apartments, located at 554 East Columbus St., 10TV's Kevin Landers reported on Monday.

Investigators did not immediately provide any additional details about the vehicle, or developments into the investigation.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-555017

he last number called from her phone was right when she went missing and the phone number is for a person in Chicago, Illinois. Our family does not know anyone from that area.

IReport says it is her aunt that is doing online report.

PNC Bank, where she deposited her mother's check, is approximately 10 blocks, or 1/2 mile, west of the Colonial Arms Apartments, where her car was found.

If I can come up with a decent map, I'll post it.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-555017

he last number called from her phone was right when she went missing and the phone number is for a person in Chicago, Illinois. Our family does not know anyone from that area.

IReport says it is her aunt that is doing online report.

At least they have a phone number to track down. If this is a cell phone, this could be a local person with a Chicago area code. Even though he lives in Utah, my SIL has had a Hawaii area code on his cell for years. He went to school there.

ETA: or the perp was stupid enough to use her phone to call someone they know with a Chicago number.

I can't find the link, but I recall LE stating that they weren't releasing the time that she made the deposits for her mom at the bank.

I wonder if she did this routinely. Could robbery have been a motive? Did acquaintances know that she did this?

The apartments are within very close proximity to the bank:

ScreenHunter_01Feb141541.jpg

I can't find the link, but I recall LE stating that they weren't releasing the time that she made the deposits for her mom at the bank.

I wonder if she did this routinely. Could robbery have been a motive? Did acquaintances know that she did this?

Robbery could have been a motive, but if she was making deposits for her mother, there'd be no money involved. Unless these were partial deposits.

I wonder which it was: full or partial deposit.

Robbery could have been a motive, but if she was making deposits for her mother, there'd be no money involved. Unless these were partial deposits.

I wonder which it was: full or partial deposit.

I'm thinking since it was a beauty shop, there would be a mixed bank bag of checks and cash (from tips or cash-paying people). IIRC, this was on a Friday? I wonder if she went only on Fridays? Being that the car was found so close, it could be that she was ambushed at or near the bank and the car dropped at the apt. complex.

I still say the call/text to her ex may be key here. If there was bad blodd between them, he may have scheduled a meeting with her during that time. If he knew she'd be out running errands... Had there ever been a custody battle? Does he have legal rights to the kids?

Does the ex have any friends/family ties to those apartments? Otherwise it could have been a robbery/car jacking and taken to those apartments. I hope they are conducting searches there. She could possibly be alive in one of those apartments.

JMO

One more thing...does the bank have video footage of her mking it to the bank? Was someone suspicious in there at the same time?

I'm thinking since it was a beauty shop, there would be a mixed bank bag of checks and cash (from tips or cash-paying people). IIRC, this was on a Friday? I wonder if she went only on Fridays? Being that the car was found so close, it could be that she was ambushed at or near the bank and the car dropped at the apt. complex.

I wasn't thinking of other checks and cash, possibly from the beauty shop. Very good. I think you're on to something.

If she had a Friday routine including stopping at the bank at a certain time each week, it's very possible someone else saw the pattern and waited for her.

Did the ex alert police that he recieved the text from her....or did her parents find this out from LE?? I'm wondering how involved in the search the ex is. Does anyone know what Colonial Arms Apts reputation is like? TIA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back