The cries for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie Valli isn't black and Barry White isn't young.

I think the point is that Valli isn't black and yet he had a high-pitched singing voice when he was young.

IMO, race has very little to do with a person's vocal range. I've never associated high-pitched voices with a particular race.

I don't think Frankie Valli is a black male.JMHO

I thought it was obvious that I was comparing a black person with an extremely deep voice to a white person with an extremely high voice.

No matter, my point is just that saying some or any single person of any race "sometimes" has any particular trait is the same as saying, "and sometimes they don't."

[JMO
The voice screaming was of a higher pitch. I myself along with the Professionals that analzyed the screams agree it's Trayvon. I think anyone's voice would change to a higher pitch when screaming for their life. It does seem like young Black Males sometimes have higher pitched voices. Michael Jackson for example.

BBM.

What professionals? How can anyone say it's TM without a baseline to compare to? Especially given the poor quality of the audio.

Yes. Black males sometimes have high pitched voices, just as Hispanic males sometimes have high pitched voices. IMO, this is an individual, not a racial, trait.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I'm looking forward to hearing Zimmerman's recreated recorded screams for help the following day.

I'm looking forward to hearing Zimmerman's recreated recorded screams for help the following day.

Is there anything (msm) to confirm that this recording took place the next day?

Is there anything (msm) to confirm that this recording took place the next day?
It was the police that took the sample, in their initial investigation.

Here (April 19):

The source familiar with the case said that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators had Zimmerman lie on his back in another location in an effort to recreate the position he said he had been in during the shooting. Then, the source said, investigators recorded Zimmerman as he shouted what had been heard on the 911 calls: cries such as, “Help me!”

[Aram Roston is a senior correspondent at Newsweek and The Daily Beast, based in Washington, D.C]
New Account: Zimmerman Told Cops Trayvon <-well worth the full read.

Now true, this is an anonymous LEO source "familiar with Zimmerman's account" - but the fact he was one of the first to note the smothering, and it was confirmed later at the bond hearing that it *was* part of Zimmerman's account, to me, gives credence to this LEO source.

(A side note: that source also said Zimmerman was so paralyzed with fear, he initially "forgot he had a gun." Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Who forgets they have a gun?? Give me a break.)

A singing voice and a screaming from terror voice is two different things. Barry White might have screamed like a pee-wee herman if he was scared bad enough. :floorlaugh:

A singing voice and a screaming from terror voice is two different things. Barry White might have screamed like a pee-wee herman if he was scared bad enough. :floorlaugh:

Hey, I'm not the one who picked Michael Jackson as evidence that Trayvon was a soprano!

BBM.

What professionals? How can anyone say it's TM without a baseline to compare to? Especially given the poor quality of the audio.

Yes. Black males sometimes have high pitched voices, just as Hispanic males sometimes have high pitched voices. IMO, this is an individual, not a racial, trait.

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Voice Experts Claim Cries Heard On 911 Call Were Not George Zimmerman's
Posted: 03/31/2012 11:20 pm Updated: 04/ 2/2012 8:43 am

Before George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin on February 26, a 911 call recorded the voice of someone screaming. Whether that person was Martin or Zimmerman -- who police say claimed he was attacked by Martin before the fatal incident -- has been an open question since the calls were released by the Sanford, Florida police department. (WARNING: Above audio is disturbing.)

The Orlando Sentinel consulted two voice experts to try to settle the debate, and both came to the same conclusion: The cries could not have come from George Zimmerman.

One expert, Tom Owen, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman as the source. From the Sentinel:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1394224.html

BBM.

I'm sure Trayvon's Family has recordings of Trayvon for voice analysis.

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Voice Experts Claim Cries Heard On 911 Call Were Not George Zimmerman's
Posted: 03/31/2012 11:20 pm Updated: 04/ 2/2012 8:43 am

Before George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin on February 26, a 911 call recorded the voice of someone screaming. Whether that person was Martin or Zimmerman -- who police say claimed he was attacked by Martin before the fatal incident -- has been an open question since the calls were released by the Sanford, Florida police department. (WARNING: Above audio is disturbing.)

The Orlando Sentinel consulted two voice experts to try to settle the debate, and both came to the same conclusion: The cries could not have come from George Zimmerman.

One expert, Tom Owen, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman as the source. From the Sentinel:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1394224.html

Mr. Owen did not state that they were Mr. Martin's, which is what your initial post stated. Also, in this thread there is sufficient proof to say that Mr. Owen should never had made a claim regarding the screams. His own words on his website state as much, and the software he used states he wouldn't have had much luck also.

Isn't Mr. Owen the same guy that said GZ said "punks"?

He is, as the FBI must have as well, since the word punks appears in the PCA and the racial slur does not, and there are no hate crime allegations in the State's charges or from the Feds.

At the same time, the FBI also analyzed the cries for help and provided their findings to the SP, and the SP's investigator testified at the bond hearing that those tests were inconslusive on who's voice it was. This is also evidenced by the fact that the only voice id in the PCA is Trayvon's mother's - not Owen's, not the FBI's and not Trayvon's father's.

I guess Mr. Owen's finding that the "help" matched George's voice 48% is not good enough for the FBI or the SP, but that they were able to independently verify that the word was "punks" and not a racial slur. jmo

Eta: Actually, I'm not sure it WAS Owen. But it may have been. It may also have been the other expert cited in an article with Owen's conclusions (not Primeau, the other guy). Doesn't much matter to my point, though.

Wow, I don't recall the amount of blood being mentioned, possible I missed it. I think, if RZ did use the word "choking", he was likely exaggerating. GZ may have panicked believing that swallowing his own blood would eventually choke him to death, who knows what someone thinks in such a horrifying situation? If this is what he meant, then it's quite possible he could have been screaming. JMO

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo.../pmt.01.html&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13367645305865

"Choking on copious amouts of blood" were not my words but those of Zimmerman's brother. His brother wasn't there so I'm guessing that his narrative of what happened that night is coming from his brother.

He is, as the FBI must have as well, since the word punks appears in the PCA and the racial slur does not, and there are no hate crime allegations in the State's charges or from the Feds.

At the same time, the FBI also analyzed the cries for help and provided their findings to the SP, and the SP's investigator testified at the bond hearing that those tests were inconslusive on who's voice it was. This is also evidenced by the fact that the only voice id in the PCA is Trayvon's mother's - not Owen's, not the FBI's and not Trayvon's father's.

I guess Mr. Owen's finding that the "help" matched George's voice 48% is not good enough for the FBI or the SP, but that they were able to independently verify that the word was "punks" and not a racial slur. jmo

Eta: Actually, I'm not sure it WAS Owen. But it may have been. It may also have been the other expert cited in an article with Owen's conclusions (not Primeau, the other guy). Doesn't much matter to my point, though.

What bond hearing are you referring to:

O’MARA: Witnesses heard people arguing, sounded like a struggle. During this time, witnesses heard numerous calls for help. Some of this was recorded. Trayvon’s mom reviewed the 911 calls and identified the cry for help and Trayvon Martin’s voice. Did you do any forensic analysis on that voice tape?

GILBREATH: Did I?

O’MARA: Did you or are you aware of anything?

GILBREATH: The “Orlando Sentinel” had someone do it and the FBI has had someone do it.

O’MARA: Is that part of your investigation?

GILBREATH: Yes.

O’MARA: Has that given any insight as to the voice?

GILBREATH: No.

That's NOT the same thing as saying "inconclusive".

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

What bond hearing are you referring to:

O’MARA: Witnesses heard people arguing, sounded like a struggle. During this time, witnesses heard numerous calls for help. Some of this was recorded. Trayvon’s mom reviewed the 911 calls and identified the cry for help and Trayvon Martin’s voice. Did you do any forensic analysis on that voice tape?

GILBREATH: Did I?

O’MARA: Did you or are you aware of anything?

GILBREATH: The “Orlando Sentinel” had someone do it and the FBI has had someone do it.

O’MARA: Is that part of your investigation?

GILBREATH: Yes.

O’MARA: Has that given any insight as to the voice?

GILBREATH: No.

That's NOT the same thing as saying "inconclusive".

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

imo, it is. But that point has been hashed over and over. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88