GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

Ok, I jsut read that WRAL report. The written report didnt say if this guy said whether Lovette told him any details of how/why the shooting took place, ie she tried to run. Said that they had to shoot her because she had seen their faces. Said Lovette shot her several times with the pistol but she was still alive and moving, so Atwater stood over her and shot her with the shotgun. But before, she asked them to pray with her. Unreal. We of course have to take into account that this testimony may not be accurate, but it sure sounds like it to me. I just have no words to describe my anger about this crime. She apprarantly told them that they didnt need to do this. And you know what, she was right. She never would have been able to provide a good enough description to lead to their arrest. The cameras took care of that instead. But even with the cameras, had they just dropped her off, they may have gotten away with the robbery. But when they decided to kill her, law enforcement put in the extra effort to track them down.

Ok, I jsut read that WRAL report. The written report didnt say if this guy said whether Lovette told him any details of how/why the shooting took place, ie she tried to run. Said that they had to shoot her because she had seen their faces. Said Lovette shot her several times with the pistol but she was still alive and moving, so Atwater stood over her and shot her with the shotgun. But before, she asked them to pray with her. Unreal. We of course have to take into account that this testimony may not be accurate, but it sure sounds like it to me. I just have no words to describe my anger about this crime. She apprarantly told them that they didnt need to do this. And you know what, she was right. She never would have been able to provide a good enough description to lead to their arrest. The cameras took care of that instead. But even with the cameras, had they just dropped her off, they may have gotten away with the robbery. But when they decided to kill her, law enforcement put in the extra effort to track them down.

Oh. My. Gosh. I couldn't follow along yesterday but after seeing the witness testimony on the morning news, I'm glad I didn't. I am just sick after hearing about the last moments of Eve's life. WHY?:banghead:

I hope Lovette never sees the light of day again. He shot her multiple times. She most likely would have died from blood loss even without the shotgun blast to her temple from Atwater.

OT Good morning everyone. :seeya: I had thought about driving up one day to watch the trial as the courtroom doesn't appear crowded at all. But I would probably chew my lip off trying to restrain myself from shouting obsenities to this monster.

Good Morning, Matilda! And Good Morning, everyone!

I hope WRAL has fixed their live coverage problems -- I have become a big user of their live-streaming, as many of us have....

I am very disappointed that we cannot watch yesterday's video of Jayson McNeil, but oh well.

When will it start this morning? I don't see it "going" yet? ....

Later, folks! :seeya:

IDK Luckyme. I am just going to put on the sound and listen while I go about my day. I am almost afraid of what I'll hear. but I gotta be here for Eve.

The prosecution has done a good job humanizing Eve to the jury and the witnesses have been well prepared, IMO.

wm

Good Morning, Matilda! And Good Morning, everyone!

I hope WRAL has fixed their live coverage problems -- I have become a big user of their live-streaming, as many of us have....

I am very disappointed that we cannot watch yesterday's video of Jayson McNeil, but oh well.

When will it start this morning? I don't see it "going" yet? ....

Later, folks! :seeya:

Thanks for letting me know that, borndem....I was cursing my laptop. (and I am not talking about my little dog in my avi:innocent:)

So far, so good with the live streaming.

wm

IDK Luckyme. I am just going to put on the sound and listen while I go about my day. I am almost afraid of what I'll hear. but I gotta be here for Eve.

The prosecution has done a good job humanizing Eve to the jury and the witnesses have been well prepared, IMO.

wm

Yes they have, Matilda -- good point.

In an article yesterday -- WRAL or the News & Observer, the reporter said that jurors were wiping their eyes when they viewed the murder scene photo shots of Eve. That made quite a positive impression on me for several reasons -- that they have indeed made her real to the jury, and that the jurors were very sensitive to and affected by her horrible death and last minutes of her life. Encouraging...

Yes they have, Matilda -- good point.

In an article yesterday -- WRAL or the News & Observer, the reporter said that jurors were wiping their eyes when they viewed the murder scene photo shots of Eve. That made quite a positive impression on me for several reasons -- that they have indeed made her real to the jury, and that the jurors were very sensitive to and affected by her horrible death and last minutes of her life. Encouraging...

Can u imagine what they are thinking? Look at the witnesses that walked around knowing that he had killed Eve and did nothing right away! Like it was everyday life. Monsters live all around us! moo

She is doing a good job helping me to understand the science of DNA in layman's terms.

defense might as well sit down. can u imagine defending him? not good.

Can u imagine what they are thinking? Look at the witnesses that walked around knowing that he had killed Eve and did nothing right away! Like it was everyday life. Monsters live all around us! moo

These folks -- gang members, perhaps, or at least members of a neighborhood group who have grown up doing robberies or breaking & entering, etc., etc., together -- understand this kind of thing as everyday life, IMO.

Although we know it happens -- and not just in East L.A. or in those big cities -- it's not what we experience or brag about when we get together or while we were growing up. We just can't understand it -- but they do, so it's no big deal to them.

That is our short-coming while we watch this unfold -- it's just not what we are used to, so it is very difficult for us to comprehend. And we should be very thankful that we cannot understand it -- as we are, I'm sure -- but now we see people like us -- Eve, her family, the sorority sister who could easily have been their victim, our daughter? one of us? our next door neighbor's daughter? our little sister? It's just too dayam close to us now. Very alarming and maddening. Incomprehensible but it has happened -- at least in my case -- in a town I know well and visit often, and just 25 miles from my house. This isn't a way of like we want to have close to us. But we know it is there.

Let me just stop.....
icon9.gif
icon8.gif

defense might as well sit down. can u imagine defending him? not good.

That would be a tuff one, luckyme!

The Constitution says he has a right to a fair trial, and I think his DT, the Judge and the PT are doing that. Bethea-Shields is trying her best to insert little beads of doubt about Lovette's being there and doing that, but she isn't beating a big bass drum when she does. The last two days, and the ATM pics aren't helping too much, however.

And I can't imagine that the jurors like him -- and his "friends" aren't helping that one bit. They all, so far, have criminal records of various degrees of seriousness. Maybe the DT can find a baby sitter who said he was a good baby... Did he finish high school?

Here is a link to his criminal history:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...Name=lovette&searchFirstName=laurence&searchG

But it sounds like he also got into trouble in his youth which wouldn't be listed. I'd like to know about that, as well as Atwater's, but never mind about that. Another thing we'll never know.

I got on google and "walked around" the neighborhood where his mother lives, and it looks okay -- middle-class, 1500 -- 2000 sq.ft. houses, some nicer than others -- some a little "worn" -- but in neat yards, lawns trimmed at the curbs, with driveways. Okay street. I don't know if this was his neighborhood growing up, but it probably looked even better 15 years ago. It didn't look like a "bad" area, but I don't know anything about Durham other than Duke Hospital and the University.

It will be interesting to see if they put on a defense or if they will just try to find that one juror with their final argument. I do wonder how enthusiastic they really are about their client's chances. Certainly defense attorneys defend all kinds of "bad" characters, and this one probably isn't their first or gangster type. Somebody has to do it. Have they found any humanity in him? Do they like him? We'll never know.

Can you imagine facing the rest of your life in prison when you're 21 years old?

Can you imagine being shot to death while lying on a city street at 22 years old?:furious:

That would be a tuff one, luckyme!

The Constitution says he has a right to a fair trial, and I think his DT, the Judge and the PT are doing that. Bethea-Shields is trying her best to insert little beads of doubt about Lovette's being there and doing that, but she isn't beating a big bass drum when she does. The last two days, and the ATM pics aren't helping too much, however.

And I can't imagine that the jurors like him -- and his "friends" aren't helping that one bit. They all, so far, have criminal records of various degrees of seriousness. Maybe the DT can find a baby sitter who said he was a good baby... Did he finish high school?

Here is a link to his criminal history:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...Name=lovette&searchFirstName=laurence&searchG

But it sounds like he also got into trouble in his youth which wouldn't be listed. I'd like to know about that, as well as Atwater's, but never mind about that. Another thing we'll never know.

I got on google and "walked around" the neighborhood where his mother lives, and it looks okay -- middle-class, 1500 -- 2000 sq.ft. houses, some nicer than others -- some a little "worn" -- but in neat yards, lawns trimmed at the curbs, with driveways. Okay street. I don't know if this was his neighborhood growing up, but it probably looked even better 15 years ago. It didn't look like a "bad" area, but I don't know anything about Durham other than Duke Hospital and the University.

It will be interesting to see if they put on a defense or if they will just try to find that one juror with their final argument. I do wonder how enthusiastic they really are about their client's chances. Certainly defense attorneys defend all kinds of "bad" characters, and this one probably isn't their first or gangster type. Somebody has to do it. Have they found any humanity in him? Do they like him? We'll never know.

Can you imagine facing the rest of your life in prison when you're 21 years old?

Can you imagine being shot to death while lying on a city street at 22 years old?:furious:

I agree. Im usually pro defense. Not this time though! This is rumor i read it on line and dont have a link. I read that he was adopted by his parents. I wonder if his mother is there? This is just a sad situation! moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back