GZ Case - Defense Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where this should go, but Piers Morgan has Mark NeJame on now with an "exclusive" photo. It's a picture of Zimmerman's great-grandfather, who is black, and his grandmother, who is half-black and Latina. NeJame explained how he came by the photo, but I didn't really understand what he said (guessing someone in the family gave it to him or to someone else who passed it on).

Not really very newsy, but for anyone interested, I think the show re-airs at midnight ET, and I'm guessing CNN will at some point have the photo up on the website.

Mark Nejames was just on Pier Morgan and produced a photo of GZ's, black Grandfather, half black grandmother, and mother. He said his position has changed on this case due to this photo.

Mark Nejames was just on Pier Morgan and produced a photo of GZ's, black Grandfather, half black grandmother, and mother. He said his position has changed on this case due to this photo.

I never knew what his position was before...how has it changed and why would these photos influence him?

Were they the same ones from the Reuters article?

TIA

I never knew what his position was before...how has it changed and why would these photos influence him?

TIA

I need to correct that it was GZ great grandfather...I believe MN's point was that it wasn't a racial issue. No, this photo was never shown before according to Mark.

I need to correct that it was GZ great grandfather...I believe MN's point was that it wasn't a racial issue. No, this photo was never shown before according to Mark.

How does some old photo of someone's great grandfather change whether it was a racial issue? That makes no sense.

How does some old photo of someone's great grandfather change whether it was a racial issue? That makes no sense.

It's actually a picture of his mother, sitting on her black grandfather's knee. I would think it's obvious how it changes the race issue. One would hope to hear the end of TM being profiled for "walking black".

One would hope.

It's actually a picture of his mother, sitting on her black grandfather's knee. I would think it's obvious how it changes the race issue. One would hope to hear the end of TM being profiled for "walking black".

One would hope.

I guess that kinda throws a wrench in the idea that Zimmerman was following Trayvon because he was black.

One would hope.

That has nothing to do with George Zimmerman's feelings about anyone. We've already read about his feelings toward Mexican people on his Myspace page.

That has nothing to do with George Zimmerman's feelings about anyone. We've already read about his feelings toward Mexican people on his Myspace page.

He was talking about Mexican gangs, not Mexican people in general. He was talking about the gang bangers that pull knives on innocent passersby, and the gangbangers that mess with peoples cars, and car jack and stuff like that.

TIA

I believe that was the basis for him denying to take Mr. Zimmerman as a client initially, deferring him to Mr. O'Mara. That is speculation on my part based on what he said in the video clip, but it would make sense.

I believe that was the basis for him denying to take Mr. Zimmerman as a client initially, deferring him to Mr. O'Mara. That is speculation on my part based on what he said in the video clip, but it would make sense.

http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejam...ifies-herself-from-george-zimmerman-case.html

Recksiedler said last week that she would entertain motions to disqualify her from the trial because her husband is a law partner of Mark NeJame's. Zimmerman approached NeJame about representing him. NeJame is now a CNN contributor, providing analysis on this case.

Nothing to do with race.

Gangs? You know I found the tattoo of the comedy/ tragedy masks. It is used as a gang tattoo. "Play now and pay later"

My niece has that same tattoo. I will have to call my brother and warn him that his daughter, who is currently getting her masters, is a gang member.

My niece has that same tattoo. I will have to call my brother and warn him that his daughter, who is currently getting her masters, is a gang member.

If she has a Myspace page like George, probably would be a good idea.

I notice that the hits I got show that it was popular with the MS-13. I'm sure you and I both know of a lot of MS-13 gangbangers that went on, in their early-20's, to try their hands at the insurance bizz and enrolled in college with an eye toward criminal justice :floorlaugh:

I notice that the hits I got show that it was popular with the MS-13. I'm sure you and I both know of a lot of MS-13 gangbangers that went on, in their early-20's, to try their hands at the insurance bizz and enrolled in college with an eye toward criminal justice :floorlaugh:

His Myspace page said he got out.

GZ is not charged with a hate crime, so why are we bringing up the old picture? Seems to be baiting the race issue again.

GZ is charged with profiling, not RACIAL profiling.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member