GUILTY UT - Alexis Rasmussen, 16, North Ogden, 10 Sept 2011

Welcome to WebSleuths, Fettpi! I'm from Utah as well. Great to have you here. :)
Thank you! I am so excited to have found Websleuths! I found this case so interesting with so many unanswered questions. The moderater of the 'Bring Alexis Home' Facebook page told me that the child the Alexis was babysitting was only eight months old and that the family had already been questioned. I really think it would be beneficial to get a timeline going on her whereabouts.

If she was spotted at the Layton Walgreens, I'm 100% certain they have surveillance videos there entering and exiting the store..so LE should be able to pinpoint what time she left the Walgreens, and whether or not she left alone.
There are also cameras on every stoplight surrounding this area. They should be able to narrow down which direction she was traveling and if she was traveling by foot or car. Does anyone know how long LE keeps traffic cam video archived?

I have a lot of questions about this. I heard about her disappearance labeled a "runaway" a couple of weeks ago. I didn't hear anything again until yesterday's article - and I am also in Utah. I hate it when they do not take "runaway" status as something that should be reported on. If this girl's face had been on every station, and IF she is a runaway, then wouldn't it be more likely that someone would see her?!! :banghead:

Have they even checked the video surveillance? Sometimes police will not even look at surveillance if it is just a case of a runaway.

I have a lot of questions about this. I heard about her disappearance labeled a "runaway" a couple of weeks ago. I didn't hear anything again until yesterday's article - and I am also in Utah. I hate it when they do not take "runaway" status as something that should be reported on. If this girl's face had been on every station, and IF she is a runaway, then wouldn't it be more likely that someone would see her?!! :banghead:

Have they even checked the video surveillance? Sometimes police will not even look at surveillance if it is just a case of a runaway.

I agree. The fact that a young girl may be a runaway should not be a reason to NOT report on her, it's also used as an excuse to not look for these kids. I don't know if anyone remembers 14 year-old Yashawnee Vaughan case here in Portland but they labeled her a runaway right away and the police didn't even really start looking until she had been gone a week or more, there was also NO media coverage. Turns out she had been murdered by her boyfriend and her body dumped in a forested park.

Yes, kids do sometimes runaway. They can be impulsive and make poor decisions. That's why it is up to the adults in the community as well as the authorities to take care of them and find them.

I hope this sweet girl comes home soon regardless of how she left.

I agree. The fact that a young girl may be a runaway should not be a reason to NOT report on her, it's also used as an excuse to not look for these kids. I don't know if anyone remembers 14 year-old Yashawnee Vaughan case here in Portland but they labeled her a runaway right away and the police didn't even really start looking until she had been gone a week or more, there was also NO media coverage. Turns out she had been murdered by her boyfriend and her body dumped in a forested park.

Yes, kids do sometimes runaway. They can be impulsive and make poor decisions. That's why it is up to the adults in the community as well as the authorities to take care of them and find them.

I hope this sweet girl comes home soon regardless of how she left.
It would be so beneficial to get a timeline of events. If we all put our heads together and can get an accurate timeline, maybe we can get a starting point of where to search and who to question. I'm sure that the family has gone over this timeline with investigators, but if we, as a whole community, can come together with all the facts, maybe someone out there can shed some light on the missing pieces. Someone out there knows something. We just have to find them.

So, Alexis was babysitting on Saturday, September 10.
1. Was she babysitting in Layton or North Ogden?
2. What time did the parents get home and what time did they say that Alexis left?
3. Did they say that she left on foot or did someone come and get her?
4. What time was she seen at the Walgreen's in Layton and who saw her and was she with anyone else?
5. Have Law Enforcement been able to obtain video surveillance from Walgreen's to confirm the sighting?

Also, Someone posted that there are some kids that saw her at a party in Layton. Who are these kids that saw her and when did this party happen?

Again, someone out there knows something.

There was another girl missing in Ogden just recently that apparently DID runaway. She was found alive on Saturday. She said that she had planned to try to get to Las Vegas.

There was also another case recently in Texas. A young girl was reported missing after babysitting and the police immediately classified her as a runaway. The mother pleaded with police saying that she would not run away. It took outside intervention to get the police to take a look at the case. A video surveillance tape showed the girl being forcefully handled by the guy that she had babysat for. He then murdered her. If this video surveillance had been erased, the evidence would have been gone. R.I.P. Elizabeth Ennen you sweet girl.

Then, of course, we have the case of Kiplyn Davis here in Utah. She was also "assumed" a runaway. Her parents have still not had the opportunity to give her a proper burial even though they know that she was killed that day.

Media need to report on runaways. Police need to revisit their policies and procedures regarding runaways. IMHO

Ok sounds like she did have a cell phone. Was she honest with her mom about spending the night at the sitters? LE can pull up her texts, calls and pings. But will they do that if she is classified as a runaway? LE doesn't put out much effort in voluntary missing cases, even for a 16 year old.

I was wondering about that myself yesterday. Maybe she told mom that she was staying the night at the sitters as a cover to go to a party/ go out with a boy/ hang out with her girlfriends...Who knows. I remember telling quite a few fibs in my day so I could go out and have fun.

The "runaway" thing bothers me too. Even if she DID run away...Nobody has seen her, she hasn't used her phone, Facebook (I'm guessing), etc...I just don't see a 16 year old girl having the willpower to stay away from all of that.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see how she is gone voluntarily. :no:

I was wondering about that myself yesterday. Maybe she told mom that she was staying the night at the sitters as a cover to go to a party/ go out with a boy/ hang out with her girlfriends...Who knows. I remember telling quite a few fibs in my day so I could go out and have fun.

The "runaway" thing bothers me too. Even if she DID run away...Nobody has seen her, she hasn't used her phone, Facebook (I'm guessing), etc...I just don't see a 16 year old girl having the willpower to stay away from all of that.

agreed!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-old-daughter-disappearing-3-weeks-ago.html

The search for Alexis Rasmussen, 16, may have started off slow because her mother thought she was staying at a friends house.

Or given the fact that she previously ran away from home, cynics may have thought that this was just a repeat performance.

Family and friends dismissed both excuses and are convinced that something more morbid occurred to keep Alexis missing since September 10.

Police say there are no leads and while there have been a few possible sightings in Salt Lake County and nearby Davis County, none have been fruitful.

'At first I'm really excited [about the leads] but then when it doesn't pan out, I feel like I lost her again,' Ms Miera said.

I must admit that I am haunted. One day last week I was late getting off of work. I passed a girl walking on the side of the road towards the freeway entrance. I took notice and thought about turning around to take a look at the girl - just in case; however, I was late and my kids had already called me twice that night. I kept going and got on the freeway. I thought about that girl several times that night.

Now, I think about missing girls - including Alexis - and I wonder if she was someone's daughter who had run away. :(

I totally agree, I told some whoppers in my day as well. I think thats why I feel so connected to this poor girl and feel so bad for the parents and on the flip side, I totally understand why certain details of an ongoing investigation would be kept private, but I don't understand why these simple questions would not be answered. I posted these questions on the FB site along with my prayers for Lexi's safe return,

2. What time did the parents get home and what time did they say that Alexis left?
4. What time was she seen at the Walgreen's in Layton and who saw her and was she with anyone else?
5. Have Law Enforcement been able to obtain video surveillance from Walgreen's to confirm the sighting?

I understand that most of the posts on this FB site are prayers and happy thoughts for her safe return, and believe me, I am right there with them..... but have I broken a rule of etiquette by wanting these questions answered? As long as it took for the media to get word of this, I highly doubt they are putting a whole lot of resources behind the search effort. Let the community get involved. Every second, every minute, every hour, every day counts.

Thank you! I am so excited to have found Websleuths! I found this case so interesting with so many unanswered questions. The moderater of the 'Bring Alexis Home' Facebook page told me that the child the Alexis was babysitting was only eight months old and that the family had already been questioned. I really think it would be beneficial to get a timeline going on her whereabouts.

I agree but they do not seem to answer my questions either. One of the comments on FB made me think that they do not know whether they can trust the babysitter or not. They think she may have covered for Alexis so she could go to a party? I just wish the family would be more upfront. I think they feel that if people think she may have run away they are not as likely to help.

:banghead:

Snipped for space
I posted these questions on the FB site along with my prayers for Lexi's safe return,

I'm not sure about rules of etiquette, but I know I would love to have those questions answered. And they all seem like pretty basic things that would have been out by now.

Frustrating...:banghead:

Also, I wanted to add real quick that I was at the Farmers Market today and noticed several people handing out flyers with Alexis's information on it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back