sticker books, scrapbooks and trophies

irishinme

Reaction score
I hope it's okay to start this thread topic.

Last night, 1/22/09, on NG, phsychoanalyst BM said this:

"I think...she treated her own child like a trophy, like serial killers treat their victims. She took something important to the little girl, her little stickies and she used it as an instrument of hate. It shows tremendous sadism that there was excitement and satisfaction at shutting the little girl up and then saying I heart you, then sending her to her death.
And also she treated her child like a sticker book."

The full NG show transcript is found here:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/22/ng.01.html

well, we know this is not the first time analysts have described KC as a sociopath, sadistic, etc.

KC used lots of stickers, etc as we know..however, I seem to recall that there was previous mention she scrapbooked or stickerbooked. After watching NG last night I was talking on the phone with my 20 year old daughter and discussing what was on the show and the latest news, in general, in the case. My daughter is quite smart and insightful. She's about KC's age, scrapbooks, photobooks and can relate to a lot of KC's lifestyle (social networking, cell phone addiction, active social life, etc). She's been following the case regularly.

Anyway, we were discussing the heart sticker on the duct tape on Caylee's skull. Wow, my daughter suggested the most interesting theory in a matter of fact tone.

Here goes, she basically said serial killers keep trophies of their killings. Perhaps KC scrapbooked/stickerbooked a special page of what she did to Caylee. My daughter even suggested that KC is is good to cover her tracks, she may have made the special page, maybe like a memorial, of the event sort of in code. The page may have even had a like sticker from the same sheet - 'one for you, one for me'. KC may have even kept a 'trophy' from killing of Caylee.

She says something like "with scrapbooking, you record everything important and do it as soon as you can"

Now mind you, my daughter didn't watch NG last night, but she made this theory before I mentioned what BM said. It completely blew me away. Very profound theory IMO. My daughter is 20!

So, did KC scrapbook, stickerbook?

If so, were these books confiscated by LE?

Your thoughts, please.

I totally disagree with this line of thinking

Sorry but I don't think she did this at all.

The only thing I do think she *possibly* did is her my space and photos ...

I dont think she took anything of Caylees as a trophy and I don't think she *decorated* Caylee

I believe she put that heart there as a sign of love and possible remorse for that moment in time.

Totally not normal behaviour I know but that was her way at that moment in time IMO

Casey did not leave a token of her love on a sticker. Casey (redacted), she doesn't know or understand the concept of a heart as a symbol. She likely doesn't understand it because she can't experience that. The concept of love is as how it pertains to her or something she wants. She made a little Martha Stewart package out of her dead daughter with winnie the pooh and a prety sticker. This was only done so she could feel better about it and please her mother.

for some reason I get Casey...she is a very dangerous manipulator and would have eventually murdered her parents I think.

very dangerous because I don't think she experiences shame either....a total lack of shame and humility.... totally could not give you the true definition of guilty emotion, because she cannot experience it.

she will convince you otherwise if you give her time to work on you.

poor G&C

I also don't see Casey as being the scrapbook kinda of girl. But when I was watching the GVS tape of the interview she did with G&C in the house I noticed that there appeared to be some photos in frames and some wall hangings in Caylee's room that could have made by Cindy. Does Cindy do some type of scrapbooking or crafts.
Could this have been something that would hurt Cindy? "Since I can't shut your mouth Mother I will shut hers" type of message from Casey to her mother.

Just one of my many thoughts about the sticker.

I thought we had a sticker thread?

I have no clue as to what the sticker may/may not mean. I just honestly have no clue.

I thought we had a sticker thread?

I have no clue as to what the sticker may/may not mean. I just honestly have no clue.

Me either . I was floored with sticker thing. I still can not think a reason...:confused:

I totally disagree with this line of thinking

Sorry but I don't think she did this at all.

The only thing I do think she *possibly* did is her my space and photos ...

I dont think she took anything of Caylees as a trophy and I don't think she *decorated* Caylee

I believe she put that heart there as a sign of love and possible remorse for that moment in time.

Totally not normal behaviour I know but that was her way at that moment in time IMO

Totally agree 100%. I think she did something in the heat of anger and then felt remorse. The sticker may have been an "I'm sorry" type thing. Creepy creepy. This case...:confused:

And then rode around with Caylee's decomposing body in the car. If she felt any remorse, she would have called the cops. Instead, she parties and has a good ol time instead of telling anyone her daughter is missing for 31 days.

She's not capable of feeling. Look at the way she laughed at her mom in the last jailhouse video. KC feels remorse - for herself.

"I think...she treated her own child like a trophy, like serial killers treat their victims. She took something important to the little girl, her little stickies and she used it as an instrument of hate. It shows tremendous sadism that there was excitement and satisfaction at shutting the little girl up and then saying I heart you, then sending her to her death.

well, we know this is not the first time analysts have described KC as a sociopath, sadistic, etc.

KC used lots of stickers, etc as we know..however, I seem to recall that there was previous mention she scrapbooked or stickerbooked. After watching NG last night I was talking on the phone with my 20 year old daughter and discussing what was on the show and the latest news, in general, in the case. My daughter is quite smart and insightful. She's about KC's age, scrapbooks, photobooks and can relate to a lot of KC's lifestyle (social networking, cell phone addiction, active social life, etc). She's been following the case regularly.

Anyway, we were discussing the heart sticker on the duct tape on Caylee's skull. Wow, my daughter suggested the most interesting theory in a matter of fact tone.

Here goes, she basically said serial killers keep trophies of their killings. Perhaps KC scrapbooked/stickerbooked a special page of what she did to Caylee. My daughter even suggested that KC is is good to cover her tracks, she may have made the special page, maybe like a memorial, of the event sort of in code. The page may have even had a like sticker from the same sheet - 'one for you, one for me'. KC may have even kept a 'trophy' from killing of Caylee.

She says something like "with scrapbooking, you record everything important and do it as soon as you can"

Now mind you, my daughter didn't watch NG last night, but she made this theory before I mentioned what BM said. It completely blew me away. Very profound theory IMO. My daughter is 20!

Your thoughts, please.

Interesting:)Could be who knows. IMO no way it was love or remorse. You would have to be able to feel and the only person KC feels for is herself.Sticking a sticker of a heart over a baby mouth with duct tape doesnt scream love to me quite the opposite.

And then rode around with Caylee's decomposing body in the car. If she felt any remorse, she would have called the cops. Instead, she parties and has a good ol time instead of telling anyone her daughter is missing for 31 days.

She's not capable of feeling. Look at the way she laughed at her mom in the last jailhouse video. KC feels remorse - for herself.

You got that right. ITA

I also don't see Casey as being the scrapbook kinda of girl. But when I was watching the GVS tape of the interview she did with G&C in the house I noticed that there appeared to be some photos in frames and some wall hangings in Caylee's room that could have made by Cindy. Does Cindy do some type of scrapbooking or crafts.
Could this have been something that would hurt Cindy? "Since I can't shut your mouth Mother I will shut hers" type of message from Casey to her mother.

Just one of my many thoughts about the sticker.

From the GVS tour of the house and Caylee's room- CA seemed very proud of her own crafting abilities (made the photo wall plaque of Caylee's first photos before the shower she had for KC a week after Caylee born). Seem to recall seeing a few craft type items, frames, etc. that CA didn't specify who made...I think that sticker may have come from CA's craft supplies or KC had something similar...I think it may have been a subconcious message to CA that KC had "the last word" on Caylee.....or she may even have been trying to cast CA as a suspect.

BTW, I think the scrapbook page idea has some merit, too.
She may have made her own trophy page re: Caylee's death, just as the Tattoo may have been her congratulating herself on having executed her plan without detection(at the time)

I don't know what the sticker meant or why she placed it there. However, I am quite certain she wasn't expressing love for Caylee or remorse for killing her.

There is no way I will ever believe that sticker was a token of love. The only love Casey has is for herself.

I believe it was just another cold-hearted act against Caylee - sealed with a kiss!

I wondered if the sticker might have been the scratch n sniff kind. I do not know if chloroform has a bad scent. Just a thought.

Lp mentioned that Casey used a sticker on her computer. Scrapbooking wouldnt be much different than making bead bracelets. I too, found the sticker to have a morose meaning, not one of love. Love wouldnt have put the duct tape or the sticker there to begin with...hideous even if it was after death.

When i first heard of the heart sticker, this book came to mind immediately

BUTTERFLY.jpg

I don't think Casey made a scrapbooking page of what she did. I don't understand that line of thinking all, really, no offense to the OP or her daughter:) I just don't personally feel it.

My personal opinion of why Casey put this sticker on Caylee is that it had nothing to do with 'decorating" her just to "do" it. I also, however, do not believe it was done out of actual remorse.

Here's what I think.

I do believe Casey knew right from wrong. I believe she knew it was wrong to kill her daughter, but she did, whether in the heat of the moment, or not. She might have recognized that killing her daughter was, of course, NOT an acceptable behavior, and though I don't think she necessarily felt genuine remorse, I think she did it just because when people die, you usually do something "ceremonial" or in memory of" them, and I think in some sick way she was just kind of...mimicking behavior that she considered normal, and sort of clearing herself of any wrong doing with that gesture. A sort of atonement, if you will. Which is why the sticker was over Caylee's mouth...like a kiss. Like, sorry, mommy will kiss and and make the hurt go away. All better.

Same with the tattoo. I think she just thought it was, in her sociopathic (my opinion) mind, "normal" behavior, and was just mimicking emotions of a grieving person, although she was WAY off, obviously:)

She obviously knew right from wrong, otherwise she wouldn't be lying about it to cover her tracks. I think she KNOWS right from wrong, but basically just mimics human emotion, and that is the motive behind the blanket, toys, and sticker.

ETA: or as my boyfriend said, when I asked him his opinion...he said, "I think that sociopathic people think of right and wrong as a choice, where as people like us, with a conscience, we don't really think of the "wrong" as being an option, so we feel guilt when we do "wrong". She just made a different choice."

That's my two cents.

And the twit still thinks she'll get off. Remember the big smile at the end of the motions hearing? Yeah, that look was just filled with remorse.

And the twit still thinks she'll get off. Remember the big smile at the end of the motions hearing? Yeah, that look was just filled with remorse.
With the body all bagged up I think the smell was yet to reach its full potential.

Your thoughts, please.

Your daughter's theory is quite interesting-- she thinks like a criminal profiler!

I think that Cindy stated, during interviews in the A home, that Casey had made some of the photo collage/scrapbookish things in the home. And we do know that Casey was somewhat crafty, to the extent that she made beaded jewelry.

If Casey was using a sticker that was part of Casey's/Cindy's scrapbooking materials-- or, as some posters have posited, a sticker from a potty training incentive chart-- I think, at minimum, she was subconsciously playing out something like your daughter described.

Whether she made an actual scrapbook page to document the event itself would depend on how deranged she really is, I guess. yikes. I do think Casey's photobucket activity reveals that she was ruminating on the area where she dumped Caylee's body and/or her death-- so who knows...

--
random rhetorical aside: if a close friend came to your house tonight and decided to burn it to the ground-- but they left a cute little heart sticker in the center of the smoldering ashes-- would you think they really cared about you and were super sorry?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back