NE NE - Benjamin Cannon, 20, Omaha, March 1995

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
post_old.gif
11-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Bewick Lady
user_offline.gif

Forgive me if I am way off with this one but I came across this missing person. I do realise that the age is off.

Benjamin R Cannon.
http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/missingpe...ONTROL=9674669

Apologies if its already posted somewhere and I have missed it

post_old.gif
Today, 07:06 PM
MaedchenX
user_online.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewick Lady
How silly of me to miss the date. I couldve sworn it said Benjamin went missing in 1994. This will teach me not to do sleuthing of an evening lol

I believe you are both correct, that date 2004 date is only applicable for when he was reported missing but not when he actually went missing from his family in 1995.

From this site listing: http://omaha.crimestoppersweb.com/missing.aspx
(scroll down)

"Cannon was reported missing in May 2004, but has not been seen or heard from by family members since 1995. Cannon may have been traveling with the Rainbow Family in the mid to late 90`s."

If not this GDF fan Cannon may be a good match for the GD fan who was a victim of a hit and run accident in Georgia that same year.
progress.gif

When I saw Ben on the Nebraksa state missing persons site I thought he was an absolutely awesome match - matching the physical description, timeline and community.

However, looking at the MySpace, in the family's information he seems to have gained 6" and 45lbs - and Kelly Jolkowski has been involved with the family already, which suggests that this case would have been looked out and ruled not a match :(

Obviously it's all down to the data (and I guess we have to consider compression as a result of the impact) but I'm much less hopeful for a match than I was last night.

I sent Kelly of ProjectJason an email and she is going to run it by the lead LE there. She doesn't think it looks like Ben and she does work with the family.

So when I hear something back, I will let everyone know.

Salem

Thanks Salem for getting in touch with Kelly.

Hi Cymro, my feelings are exactly like yours after looking at Benjamins sisters myspace.

I just heard from Kelly - here is her response:

Just to let you know, DNA analysis proves this DOE is NOT Benjamin Cannon.

Thanks.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member
http://www.projectjason.org/awareness.html

All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find
the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

Salem

bumping, as Benjamin Cannon is not listed on the namus database as one of those excluded as being Jason Doe. Is there any more information on when he was excluded? wondering why its not on namus. it seems like it would be a very possible match.

bumping, as Benjamin Cannon is not listed on the namus database as one of those excluded as being Jason Doe. Is there any more information on when he was excluded? wondering why its not on namus. it seems like it would be a very possible match.

Should this be considered a GDoe, rule out page, or is this the Benjamin Richard Cannon page? the thread for him appears to be closed.thanks.

1691DMNE - Benjamin Richard Cannon
BRCannon.jpg
BRCannon1.jpg
BRCannon2.jpg
BRCannon3.jpg
BRCannon4.jpg

Name: Benjamin Richard Cannon
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 31, 1995
Location Last Seen: Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska

Physical Description
Date of Birth: October 11, 1974
Race: White
Height: 5'9" to 6'2"
Weight: 135-180 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown, buzz cut with bangs.
Eye Color: Gray or hazel.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Light complexion. Pierced ears. No tattoos at time of disappearance. May suffer from mental illness.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Dresses casually and sometimes wears a beret.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Benjamin Richard Cannon, known as Ben, was last seen at his residence in the 12600 block of Weir Street in Omaha, Nebraska, sometime in late March 1995.

He was involved with the Rainbow Family, a nomadic cult-type religious group, at the time of his disappearance.

Cannon was not reported missing until May 2004, nine years after he went missing; prior to then, the police had refused to accept a report. Few details are available in his case.
Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Omaha Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Jim Reisinger
Agency Phone Number: (402) 444-4127
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 11094-E

NCIC Case Number: M724138044
NamUs Case Number: 1969

Information Source(s)
Namus
Nebraska State Patrol
Project Jason

He was involved with the Rainbow Family, a nomadic cult-type religious group, at the time of his disappearance.

Cannon was not reported missing until May 2004, nine years after he went missing; prior to then, the police had refused to accept a report. Few details are available in his case.
I really hope with cases like Jason Callahan(AKA Grateful Doe) that authorities will STOP assuming nomadic lifestyle=voluntarily missing. Makes me wonder how many others missing reports were refused.

Hey everyone. I am Ben Cannon’s youngest sister. First, thank you so much for looking into his case. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has. It has been a long time and I was 15 when he disappeared, so I only remember so much and my parents don’t have the best memories at this point either. Thank you.
Martha

Hey everyone. I am Ben Cannon’s youngest sister. First, thank you so much for looking into his case. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has. It has been a long time and I was 15 when he disappeared, so I only remember so much and my parents don’t have the best memories at this point either. Thank you.
Martha
Welcome to Ws MarthaC, sorry for the circumstances that brought you here, but hoping that one day soon, Benjamin will be located!

Martha

I am so sorry that your brother has been missing. My heart goes out to your family.

Was there evidence (such as a conversation with a friend) that he did plan to travel when he went missing?

Were his friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. interviewed, and is there any indication in which area of the country he was headed or last seen?

Were there ever any tips or rumors about what happened?

Did he have a passport to travel out of the country?

I hope your family will receive answers soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewick Lady
How silly of me to miss the date. I couldve sworn it said Benjamin went missing in 1994. This will teach me not to do sleuthing of an evening lol

I believe you are both correct, that date 2004 date is only applicable for when he was reported missing but not when he actually went missing from his family in 1995.

From this site listing: Missing Persons - Omaha Crime Stoppers
(scroll down)

"Cannon was reported missing in May 2004, but has not been seen or heard from by family members since 1995. Cannon may have been traveling with the Rainbow Family in the mid to late 90`s."

If not this GDF fan Cannon may be a good match for the GD fan who was a victim of a hit and run accident in Georgia that same year.
progress.gif
[/QUOTE]

I’m a GD fan as well and would love to work on those cases. Any info for how to find the GD fan victim of hit & run?

Last edited:
I really hope with cases like Jason Callahan(AKA Grateful Doe) that authorities will STOP assuming nomadic lifestyle=voluntarily missing. Makes me wonder how many others missing reports were refused.

Thank you. Ben is my older brother and even after they accepted the report they listed his stats incorrectly. It took another seven years and several phone calls and emails to get them to correct his height and weight and so on. I’m sure there are a lot of other cases like that too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back